View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 SHS is getting a Discord server! 

Post SHS is getting a Discord server!
So, I am setting up a Discord server for the site. Right now, it's still in the building phase, and when that is complete, I will put up the invite link.

If there is anything of note that anyone wants to give, such as any potental tweaks to the rules or clarifications for use in the Discord, please let me know. Also, if there is an image one would like me to use for the channel, feel free to toss it up here. :D

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:13 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: SHS is getting a Discord server!
Fantastic! The community DESPERATELY needed a uniform place to communicate 1 on 1 or in small group other than PMs with the 50 message limit, and discord is a great solution. I'm not sure how comfortable I'll be voice chatting right away (I imagine a bit of emersion breaking between the board members and the 18yo school girls they write), but I'm all for more community interactions.

A few suggestions for channels:

Art and art requests. Some threads are really spiced up by am image or two, and letting people post the best pieces they find or ask for help finding something specific seems like a no brainer.

Writers help. A place where we can post drafts of replies for a 3rd party perspective before putting them up in our threads.

A recommendations section. We each have our favorite shokushu media, and it makes sense to have a place to discuss it. You probably want to clarify the rules on piracy (or don't for deniability purposes)

Maybe a writing music room? Sometimes finding the right music for an RP really helps with writing. It would be nice to have a music bot so RPers can hang out, listen to the same music, and try to catch that vibe.

A game lounge. The What Are You Playing thread has been around forever. I have to imagine some people will want to play together.

It would be great if this generated enough interest in the site to take a shot at another one of the community wide threads, like the Prom or the Tramps get together. I really regret missing out on those.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:56 pm

I already got an art channel put in, could be used for both pretty easily. As for posting drafts, I'm not 100% sure how to really go about that without it getting too out of hand. Have to think on that one. As for piracy, posting about that is going to be a "don't do that." for the most part. I do have a "Music" channel made though already, along with a gaming channel.

Also, I'm trying to avoid bots for now, as I'm trying to keep things simple for now. Also, right now, there are no voice channels yet. That's something that would be looked into down the road.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:49 pm
Profile WWW

Discord added the threads feature in November. You should just be able to turn on the "create public threads" permission, and everyone can ask for input in their own thread within the channel.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:28 pm

I know, and already did. It's on by default. :P

Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:57 pm
Profile WWW

Now, something I am going to make of note... there will be some differences to the profiles, especially of students. Reason being is I'm kind of seeing it as an....alternate reality basically. Stormbringer, if he does wish to join, will be an admin there, but it'll be run by me. I do plan on having mods as well, of course, as I can't be there 24-7.

Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:22 pm
Profile WWW

https://discord.gg/Jnc7vUytvX

Ok, I got the basics up and running, if anyone wants to hop on and let me know if anything needs adjusting/adding/removing there.

Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]