View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 10:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Clarification of rules 

Post Clarification of rules
The reasons for the ban on pregnancy related RP are good ones. Concerns about pedophilia and perhaps incest are valid, as such things are illegal, and some would say rather obscene. However, some things occur to me that compell me to ask for a clarification of the policy.

Human or alien impregnation is problematic because of the problem of birthing another young being, and the attendant risk of association with pedophilia.

Judging from the frequency of pregnancy related off the boards RP, as well as the prominence of the type on the old boards, there seems to be a latent interest in the subject, so I present these questions.

What about a plant, or a robot? Neither of these things are flesh, and they may not even have minds. Sex with a cucumber or vibrator raises very few eyebrows. Hypothetically speaking, would there be any problem with a plant using one of the Shokushu students as an incubator, providing the plant is not conscious or reasoning? Could a robot, biological or not, implant some technological device into a girl to take data, or absorb nutrients to copy itself, a sort of von Neumann device?

Is there any difficulty in pushing seeds into a student's womb so that they may germinate, and then squirm out to take root in the ground? Does the policy extend only to conscious monsters, or to monsters made of flesh?

Send a PM anytime you feel like an RP with Natsuki. She's not shy!

Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:26 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: Clarification of rules
I think the biggest issue here is pregnancy in general. Pregnancy = children, despite the circumstances of the impregnation it still leads to offspring. All it would take is the wrong person to get the wrong idea to lead to legal issues. I'm sure it's been said a million times, but I think it's better to just keep it through PMs/IMs.

Thank you Naoko for the Sig, you are my heroine <3
.oOo. Nasty, Evil, Wicked and Mean .oOo.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:36 am
Profile YIM

Fair enough. Then there's just the issue of simulation. If there are no children involved, in any sense of the term, but merely inert objects, is there any difficulty? Examples I could foresee would include being swollen by various substances, having small creatures inserted into the womb, who would eventually emerge without procreating, or machinelike devices designed to record data, stimulate, or otherwise mess with the victim, without self replicating.

Send a PM anytime you feel like an RP with Natsuki. She's not shy!

Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:40 am
Profile YIM

My guess would be that, that specific area would be considered a gray one. While I can't imagine why anyone would want creature's shoved up their hu-hahs you never know. Again, until a moderator stops by and clarifies I'd stick to the rules and keep it in pm's.

Thank you Naoko for the Sig, you are my heroine <3
.oOo. Nasty, Evil, Wicked and Mean .oOo.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:46 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

If there's no procreation, there's no pregnancy so I can't see how you confuse the two together. To the best of my knowledge, no one ever got pregnant by having a vibrator, thermometer, cucumber or machine inserted, therefore the question is null.

Inserting small creatures is, however, getting into another gray area known as the yuck-factor and is unlikely to be allowed on that basis.

Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:14 pm

i never had this problem, or i try not to think about it. the purpose of the boards and RP is for sex. you should try and avoid such thoughts if it comes up, being impregnated by machines is dumb, and after all, if your having sex with a creature out of our own world, is it possible? maybe, but most likely not. no one will force you do have a child, nor the monster or anyone else in question. if the thought for you really is that unbearable, then chat with that person your RPing with and kindly ask him to find another alternative to what he might do to avoid it all together. that's my personal opinion of course.

Dawn Portman's Bio: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2908&p=48448#p48448
Dawn Portman's Personal Diary (Reading): viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3148

Student Of The Month, May 2004
SHS Cheerleading Squad Captain
SHS Swim Team Captain

Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]