View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The IRC Channel 

Post The IRC Channel
The Shokushu Campus chat room is pretty much re-registered, topic set and everything (more or less) ready for students and monsters alike to start using it once more.

The channel infomation is in my signature.

To access irc you will need a client program like xchat, Mirc, chatzilla, or you could use some of the web based clients out there like irc2go, mibbit and a many many more of both catergories. For ease of use, I'd probably recommend mibbit but even then I'd be the first to admit that there are probably even easier method's that I am not aware of.

Just thought I'd let everyone know.

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”

Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:16 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: The IRC Channel
It used to be registered to Niceman and Stormbringer...then it got de-registered somehow, and nobody could re-register it because there were always people sitting in there. How'd you clear everyone out of the channel? :lol:

Dendrite, irresistibly helpful tentacled alien! Message me to move your completed threads.

"You've got to be able to fuck when they can't."
--Jason Carter

As seen on Something Awful!

Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:14 pm

At one point it was just me and the other operator that was in the room, I would guess. He recreated the room itself and restored Op's after I was disconnected I would suppose. I just asked to get the topic restored and such and he tossed it over to me to get it registered and everything back in its place.

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”

Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:55 pm
Profile YIM

Hmm. He was a nice guy, I suppose. :lol:

Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:33 pm

Yeah, pretty cool person all in all. Not sure if they have a student / monster here on the boards but all the same, it fills me with a warm fuzzy to see the topic restored.

Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:35 am
Profile YIM

-thumbs up- :D

The Juggernaut - "In the coldness of space and the proximity of blazing stars, I've fought both the terrors of this cold empty universe and the Agents of the self-righteous ADD. Every last one of them have underestimated me, calling me a monster, a murderer, an anarchist. What they fail to realize is... I'm far worse."

I'm always up for a RP! PM me and we'll talk! :lol:

Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:48 am

How to chat in Irc by Dendrite

Just a link to another topic that isn't much father down from this one to further help anyone who wants to use irc or has questions about how to connect.

Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:21 pm
Profile YIM

Just passing it on that the #ADD irc channel has been ressurected for those that might have interest in such.

Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:20 pm
Profile YIM

Thanks for this thread. I was actually wondering whether or not the IRC was still used for this place because I saw it mentioned while I was combing over the newbie information area.

This place has been around for a long time, so I wondered whether the IRC chat died out? Guess my question was answered and glad you all were able to get it back up and running again.

I know that in some other board based RPs, people would often go into a messenger or some other chatroom and actually play the scenes out there, then post them to the boards later after they were all nice and edited.

Probably makes it a lot easier to complete an RP and get it all posted up without a lot of confusion by doing it that was as well? I mean, at least you know you won't be waiting for a day or so for the person to type up a response.

For you Monsters

Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:51 am
Profile YIM WWW

Has the IRC died? I remember trying it when i first started, and no one was in there at all. And now it seems to be the same situation.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:12 am

Location: Either flying through the sky or in the Thousand Blossom Garden.
Pretty much. I'm sometimes on but not many others from the site are (Keemari and Nightbringer come to mind, although I havn't seen Nightbringer on in a while)

For those in space Yautja is on the prowl for new trophies

For a list of my chars go to here

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:59 am
Profile YIM

dang it

Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:03 am

Ryujin and Grosque have been making a return lately. And it's not like there's nobody there at all you know.

Ryujin's bio

Grosque's bio

e-hentai homepage. requires you register to view the best stuff.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:04 pm
Profile YIM

Yeah. I'm usually on Sorcery.net all the time, but not as Cangelosi. I'm usually on with my Belariath moniker of Morgan Drakewing.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:11 pm
Profile WWW

I'm still around, usually at random times and for not long stretches as I'm still trying to get my life in order now that I've completely departed from the Military service. Hopefully I'll be able to be around a bit more now...

though I've been saying that for the better part of the month already and it hasn't quite panned out. :(

Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:50 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next