View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Nurses? 

Post Nurses?
Not sure if the nurses the introduction mentions as part of the storyline here are covered in the prefects and heads, but, do you happen to have anybody that actually RP's as one of the nurses that tends to these students?

I think there could be a ton of RP opportunities there with all kinds of twists and turns. Just think about how devious one could be!

A girl gets attacked, she's then "discovered" by the secret robots, drugged to make her fall asleep, she's then handed over to the labs to take care of whatever aspects they need to, then handed over to the nurse who essentially is there for cleanup duty and to eventually convince the poor girl that she simply had a bad dream.

The nurse could do all sorts of things to the poor girl while she's still under. Maybe the nurse is a former student studying to get into the medical profession and the school is more than happy to allow her to intern at the school's nurse office. Tired of being a victim herself, she enacts a form of revenge upon the already traumatized girls.

With drugs and medical instruments at the nurse's disposal...yeah...

This of course would have to all be cleared with the moderators to make sure story line continuity isn't messed up along the way. It was my general impression that the girls don't know ahead of time that this island is here solely for the purpose of them getting attacked, and that when they are attacked the situation is swept under the rug and they are supposed to get the idea that it is really just in their heads? Eventually truth gets found out though after years and years of repeated attacks on a girl I would suppose.

Anyway, just some thoughts. Wondering what people thought?

For you Monsters

Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:10 am
Profile YIM WWW

Post Re: Nurses?
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe the staff is npc based. I think its due to keep the amount of male teachers in the rp down. This is an all female university, and while there are a few male professors on staff. I would consider there numbers rather low. I believe the university wouldn't have a small nurse room like most schools have. It would probably be close to a small hospital, or clinic since we are on an isolated island. In that regard I'm guessing their would be a few nurses on hand.

My student character works as a nurse assistant during club hours. Its mostly due to the University labeling her unfit for any of the physical clubs. I really haven't done much with this aspect yet though. I have mentioned the nurse goes on a sort of patrol of the grounds. I've also probably have hinted at students being taking someplace else, before they are deposited in the nurses ward. I think a monster on the grounds actually uses a nurse, as a type of messenger. I'm not sure what type of medical supplies the nurse ward/office has, so I'm not sure what they could do to students. I'm guessing they keep most of it under lock, and key any way.

Story Index: Yoko's encounters

Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:18 pm

From my understanding the hospital part would be at N.I.C.E. Lab at one of its many levels to the complex but the one on the school campus would be like a small clinic like the ones on school in RL dealing with minor medical problems like cuts and bruises and headaches.

I would guess physicals are given at least once or twice a year but the hiden devices on campus are constantly monituring the students making sure none become pregnant and if found pregnant during the night when there asleep by means of gas or dietary induced sleep they are taken to N.I.C.E. Lab for abortion leaving the student unaware that they was pregnant in the first place.

The staff im guessing is like that at a normal school but maybe 75% female and as Ike said the staff are mostly NPC except for Stormbringer (Stormbringer role is not clear to me at this time) and Niceman (Niceman being Headmaster) As for the staff at the Lab i couldn't tell you what the percent is there im guessing 50-50 ratio between male and female and they tend to be a mystery the staff that work behind the scene.

Calidare Art Gallery

Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Thanks for the responses.

I figured what was going on at NICE would all be NPC based. I was thinking more along the lines of a small nursing office inside one of the buildings, or perhaps a few of them just to tend to basic health needs, or maybe as a last stage resting area for a girl who has come back from the labs after being attacked.

Sure the chemicals or whatever devices NICE uses to wipe the memories would do a wonderful job, but I was thinking that this "nurse" would be more like an agent to perpetuate the "myth" of the monsters.

And yes, these nurses should be female. I understand that aspect of this place. Most of the teachers and such are former students and since they are all female...it would only make sense.

Just a few thoughts I had anyway, wanted to see what people thought of the idea. I wouldn't mind playing the role of one of these such nurses.

For you Monsters

Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:16 am
Profile YIM WWW

I think that would be cool but you might want to PM Stormbringer and ask him. I dont see a problem of a student working in the Nurses office if she taking up a Medical studies, would make perfect sense really. As for the devices i dont think they can erase minds, thats mostly done at the Lab.

Calidare Art Gallery

Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:48 am
Profile YIM WWW

Oh no, I wouldn't just jump right in and RP a character in that position without getting permission from the higher ups here.

This post was partially to ask if it was a good idea and to gauge any interest in such a character.

If I had the character nurse, she would be a rather twisted individual. One that has gone through NICE and rape here before and since she can't strike back at them, she would act out her domination on the still unconscious students that were released in her care after being "taken care of" by NICE.

As far as instruments and drugs go, a typical nurse's office would have thermometers, toungue depressors, cotton balls, blood pressure cuffs, examination lights, latex gloves, maybe some OBGYN equipment since it is an all female school, some pain relievers, antibiotic creams, etc. Not like the kind of crazy stuff that would be inside of NICE.

She'd just use what she had to enact her form of revenge on the poor gals she was "mending." Then she would use special hypnosis methods taught to her by NICE to continue to foster the though in the victim's mind that it never really happened.

Anyway, I ramble, sorry.

For you Monsters

Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:59 am
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

Calidare wrote:

The staff im guessing is like that at a normal school but maybe 75% female and as Ike said the staff are mostly NPC except for Stormbringer (Stormbringer role is not clear to me at this time)

Stormbringer is also listed as a Headmaster.

As for the rest of it, playing human nurse / human patient isn't really a focus of the roleplay any more than human teacher / human student is. Or having a boyfriend stow away on the spaceship. Or having other similar side issues that dilute the purpose.

Nurse is a staff position just like teacher, and I can't see it becoming playable on a regular basis. With the approval of the mods it could be npc'd sometimes but isn't likely to become a job opening. The closest would be a prefect or Head Girl with some paramedic skills.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:03 pm

Alright, thanks for taking a look and answering my question. So the health care aspect is pretty much assumed that it takes place after an attack occurs and is handled npc'ly staff side if needed.

Thanks again. You can go ahead and delete this thread if you like.

For you Monsters

Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

Almost all staff interactions are handled as NPC unless a Mod agrees to a monster being disguised as a staff member for a specific storyline. And I leave posts like this for a while for others to read, since it may answer their questions too. So thanks for asking.

Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:19 am

Alright, thank you for all the information. Sometimes when you are new to a place it takes a few questions before you get it all sorted out. It is nice to know there are dedicated people around to help answer those questions. Thanks again!

For you Monsters

Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]