View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:09 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 General Disruption 
Site Admin

Post General Disruption
It's a fact of life that no one person fits in with every other group of people. Each group has its own synergy and sometimes a new arrival just doesn't harmonise with the existing members. That happens in other places we visit; I have been kicked out of IRC channels myself for that very reason. And of course it happens here sometimes when new players happen along but don't give off the right vibes.

It's probably very British to just adopt a stiff upper lip and pretend nothing is happening but that doesn't ultimately do anything for a community and it doesn't do anything for the one who isn't fitting in either. So I've decided that when such things happen, the best option is to just get it all out up front. Tell the visitor they don't gel with this group and that they should look elsewhere.

That is the purpose of this thread, which will remain here and be used intermittently as necessary. It doesn't imply there is anything 'wrong' with a player as a person. Each group of people, or clique if you prefer, has its own ambience and a player who doesn't fit here will likely be extremely popular in a different group. So it really is better for all concerned if it just gets put out in the open instead of having some sort of sneaky and underhanded policy of trying to make someone feel unwelcome in the hope they will go away.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:23 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: General Disruption
Obviously something triggered this thread and I have to inform the player BeetleDemon that he isn't compatible with the group here. Sorry but you have until Sunday night to say goodbye, then your registration will be removed.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:24 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 2 posts ]