View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 New character from Frozenflame?! No way!! :O 

Post New character from Frozenflame?! No way!! :O
Hey all,

I've been pretty busy recently, and I expect things to pick up soon. It might mean that my roleplaying time on here will be limited (AKA I'll be hopping on as often as I do now). Hopefully I won't get too crammed into work that I'd have to leave altogether. In all honesty, I really like Shokushu. It's definitely been really fun for me to roleplay with others, and the community is friendly and non-toxic, which is a rarity nowadays. But this isn't a farewell. This is a new character introduction! I'm stuck between two characters, so I'd like your input on it! So, here are the two girls. Suggestions to their character are also welcome!

Eda Perali (Pictured on the left)
-----------------------------------------
Appearing gentle and kind, Eda is the epitome of the sweet girl you wish you had the guts to ask out. She is a smart and not-so-athletic girl that favors cooking and everything adorable. However sweet Eda appears, she sometimes slips in words or phrases that can be taken another way. In truth, Eda is a manipulative girl who will do whatever it takes to reach her end goals. But that is only a theory. After all, how can a nice girl be so rotten? It should be noted, though, that her kind mannerisms are not a facade. She is both sweet and evil.

Ines Schleifer (Pictured on the right)
-----------------------------------------

A tribute to the tsunderes. I don't think we've had one of these types of characters in recent memory at Shokushu, so I thought adding in some tradition would be... well... revolutionary! Ines had transferred to Shokushu because she couldn't quite deal with boys. She'd often beat them up and refuse to talk to them. However, this was primarily because she felt embarrassed at many times. Ines cares deeply for her friends and family, but masks it with her dominant personality. She'll never openly admits when she is fond of a person, but usually expresses it non-verbally, to her dismay. Along with feeling superior to others, Ines hopes to prove it to them as well. This makes her a highly competitive figure in Shokushu. Though she doesn't have much natural talent, nor athleticism, she hopes that her hard-work attitude will be enough to put her at the top.

And yes, I'll get on replying to my roleplays as soon as possible. Even the ones I forgot that I didn't respond to. *cough* *cough*

Help Frozenflame Build a New Character!

Monsters:
The Twins: Lily and Lucy

Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:50 am

Post Re: New character from Frozenflame?! No way!! :O
I think I would vote for Eda.

I love adventure!! Please PM me, if you are interested!

Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:58 am

I'd have to go with Eda as well, also I'm curious if you are ever going to finish Charlotte Adams. She still has work in progress tag on her. If not you might want to put elements of Charlotte into Eda. I can see her more evil side liking dominating others.

Story Index: Yoko's encounters

Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:31 pm

I thought about continuing with Charlotte's profile, but I couldn't find myself to finish it. Were there any ideas you liked in Charlotte that you'd like to see in Eda instead? I'm trying to craft a character that I'd like to play as for a long while. I had Lexa Kesey, and although I really liked her multiple personality character, I don't think I could really come to enjoy playing as her - at least in the Shokushu setting.

I'd love to hear any opinions/modifications of the two possible girls!

Monsters:

Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:47 pm

its mostly this part of Charlotte that I find would be a nice fit for Eda. " who desires to dominate and subdue others". It's possible that while being sweet and kind eda has a habit of wanting to dominate and subdue others. Which would fit with her willing to do anything to reach her end goals. I can see her manipulating other students either to help her out in her plans of subterfuge, or just a need to see a student she can't get the better of put in her place.

Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:00 pm

Hmm... interesting. What do you think of her goal being to take over Shokushu? I'm wondering if it's possible for her to witness a scene of a head girl taking advantage of a student, and being inspired to become a head girl herself.

Monsters:

Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:06 pm

Well both are rather interesting goals, but in reality are not achievable. Due to the way things work with Shokushu in character a student is only around for a certain amount of time. The head girls are picked by the headmasters as there personal pets and to make sure the university runs smoothly. Out of character though this is sort of a guide line to how the site staff structure work Stormbringer being one of the admins is considered to be the head master along with niceman. Madison while an admin is not a headmaster/mistress but rather in charge of security in character. Most if not all the head girl characters have been run by staff moderators. I haven't been here long enough to know of any exceptions to this rule. That would be an area for either a veteran on the site, or madison.

I'm also not fond of putting to many eggs into the same basket. You have vanessa who is a prefect to vera. Having two prefect characters you might start to blur the line between which character is which. Just from them being in similar positions. Though it depends on the person. I'm also pretty sure the head girls are careful enough to not get caught taken advantage of students. Either sending a prefect to reprimand a student or doing it in private either in there own quarters or in the basement. Though you might be able to arrange something story wise with one of the head girls, but vera is the only active head girl character.

Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:57 am

Frozenflame wrote:
Hmm... interesting. What do you think of her goal being to take over Shokushu? I'm wondering if it's possible for her to witness a scene of a head girl taking advantage of a student, and being inspired to become a head girl herself.

She might find that dream potentally shut down :)

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:58 pm
Profile WWW

Aww you could of let her dream that she might be able to take over heh.

Calidare Art Gallery

Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:06 pm
Profile YIM WWW

*Giggles* That's why it can be fun to manipulate the memories, given they arn't supposed to remember details of the attacks anyway.... :P

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:32 pm
Profile WWW

Ike Haw wrote:
Well both are rather interesting goals, but in reality are not achievable. Due to the way things work with Shokushu in character a student is only around for a certain amount of time. The head girls are picked by the headmasters as there personal pets and to make sure the university runs smoothly. Out of character though this is sort of a guide line to how the site staff structure work Stormbringer being one of the admins is considered to be the head master along with niceman. Madison while an admin is not a headmaster/mistress but rather in charge of security in character. Most if not all the head girl characters have been run by staff moderators. I haven't been here long enough to know of any exceptions to this rule. That would be an area for either a veteran on the site, or madison.

I'm also not fond of putting to many eggs into the same basket. You have vanessa who is a prefect to vera. Having two prefect characters you might start to blur the line between which character is which. Just from them being in similar positions. Though it depends on the person. I'm also pretty sure the head girls are careful enough to not get caught taken advantage of students. Either sending a prefect to reprimand a student or doing it in private either in there own quarters or in the basement. Though you might be able to arrange something story wise with one of the head girls, but vera is the only active head girl character.

Oh, absolutely. Eda will probably never achieve her goal. The goal itself is meant as a motivation and explanation behind her actions. I think I try to create too many stories within my characters at Shokushu ^_^'
Back to the drawing board!

I never thought about how similar Eda and Vanessa would be if they had both become prefects. This'll be a little harder than I thought. Maybe I'll make Eda love puns? Surely, someone would get annoyed at her and pun-ish her ;) I'll see what I can do with her character though, to make her more distinct from Vanessa.

Madison wrote:
She might find that dream potentally shut down :)

Shhh... a girl can dream! xD

Calidare wrote:
Aww you could of let her dream that she might be able to take over heh.

If people don't laugh at your dreams, you aren't dreaming big enough! ;)

So, sounds like Eda is an obvious favorite. I/we'll work on crafting her together! I'm debating making her a closet-pervert. While Vanessa is more of a switch (you guys would consider her a switch, right? Right?! :O), maybe Eda will be more of a dom. I don't know how she'll feel about getting attacked by monsters. Hmm... the more I'm writing about ideas for Eda, the more I feel like I'm just turning her from a Vanessa-clone into a Cece-clone.

Monsters:

Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:30 pm

Well it helps to have a simple and basic idea for a character and go from there.

Yohko started off as a prototype character with a gimmick of not being able to climax. She was set up that way due to a mental block put in when she was raped back during a trip to japan. The concept came from a hentai called bondage 101. The idea was that the monsters would essentially have to break her, and bring out her inner submissive. That was swept under the rug and I just had the labs take care of it. Mostly because the gimmick was mostly back firing, and I wanted to move on a bit. Yohko has more or less stared to fall in favor of the university due to what the labs did to help her little problem, but is still a bit on the fence on how they operate. There are a few concepts out there with her though that are a bit unexplored and in the oven though.

Sara started out as an idea for the tramps. Considering how much hijinks go on at the university. I wanted a character that was open about certain possibilities. Coming from an adopted/orphanage back ground give sara a bit more understanding of people. She is also rather open about her sexuality and isn't afraid to help others become comfortable with there own. (That sort of might blend in with yohko depending on how things go with certain threads.) Though she doesn't force the issue, if I had to place her in a category she be more the big sister type.

Sometimes I just go looking for images and at times an image strikes me that would make a nice character. In this regard I try to take ques from the image on what type of character this might be. For Eda let me see. I'm not sure what she is holding but it might be a helmet, so maybe she is a bike enthusiast or something hard to tell with out the actual image. Idena could be from an upper class perhaps more rich family. You know private tutors or all girl academies this might be why she has an awkwardness towards men.

Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:47 am

Thanks for all the input! I guess a great way to start building this character is to get a better foundation of Vanessa. What do you think of her? Is she morally good? Evil? Is she assertive or passive? Does she use people? I think getting a better idea of what people think of Vanessa, rather than my perception of it, will help me craft a unique character in Eda.

Monsters:

Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:56 pm

Well its hard to say I haven't read to much of Vanessa's interactions past what she has had with Yohko. From that thread Vanessa seemed confused flopping between being aggressive and submissive. It seems though Vanessa has formed a sort of stalk home syndrome on Vera where she believes that she is in love with the woman, but at the same time has a few lingering doubts. If I remember correctly Vanessa has a bit of libido problem, where it seems to be over active a bit. This in turn could make her a bit more sexually aggressive against students. Though I don't see her turning to the dark side completely. She would probably be more inclined to use and abuse those she found in blatant disregard of the rules, or multiple time offenders. Vanessa also enjoys power struggles, which might cause her to come into conflict or at least try to prove herself as top pet among Vera's prefects.

Vanessa also appears to like and play mind games, and keep people off guard. At least that's what I got from her interaction with Yohko. Making some one think she is going to do one thing and then doing the complete opposite. It also seems she tries to create conditions where a student might need her. So I would say she is some what manipulative in a passive sense. Letting things build up, before she becomes aggressive and assertive.

Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:44 pm

Interesting questions. While I have not had the chance to play with her personally, a true shame, I would say everything I have read leads to her to be uncomprimisingly morally good. Sacrificing oneself for anothers benefit has always been traditionally good. She may serve a master who's goals run contrary to her own, but ultimately they serve the greater good, that of protecting Earth from Monster invasion/annihilation. That of course is Vera's ultimate goal along with a return, but Vanessa's goal is more short-sighted simply due to lack of knowledge through no fault of her own, as that is the purpose of Shokushu to keep the student prey in the dark. The question of good or evil isn't simple though, by trying to find the truth and escape fate, do you unintentionally doom all humans? Well, those actions of protecting as many as she can are good, but ultimately lead to a more evil outcome. So, its complicared, but for your purposes I would say she is definitely morally good.

Her character seems to be far on the assertive end. Taking all actions she is capable of, or has knowledge of achieve her goals, whether that is having questions answered, or defending who she deems neccessary as best she can.

As for using people, from what I've read, no. She seems to do so only in the interest of the short term "good." Also, if it will lead to what she views as a longer term good, at least in her mind. While most people are not simply good or evil, their intent behind their actions can be viewed as such. Do you steal to feed your starving family, or because those diamonds are pretty and you deserve them?

I would say she is morally good, driven to serve, not a leader, although she would and has previously unknowing used that role if and when neccessary. Normal as in not introverted or extraverted but somewhere in the middle. More driven by accomplishment in her own eyes rather than the eyes of those around her. Not really many personality quirks that make her exceptionally unique. Would she sacrifice her morals in moments of weakness, not that I have read.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7278

Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next