View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 8:20 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Heritage (for Camryn) 

Post Heritage (for Camryn)
Interesting, Portman ... he had gotten the message telepathically from his node that had been at the airport, hidden and scanning all the new arrivals. He gave the matter just a moment's thought before he had sent his nod another message to gig through her memories and supply him with knowledge.

Knowledge is power they say after all. Forewarned is forearmed. He had learned of her fighting style and glossed over it. Nothing as frightening as a perchance of electrical power their and he had no reason to fear impact damage seeing that he had no bones that could be broken.

Even so he rarely had been so straight forward relying more on his mental abilities. Telepathy. Telekines. And in a pinch, mind control and illusions. But there was something else that he picked up there, a diary. Now he could use his nodes like antenna, he could broadcast his powers through them and that was what he did now using the power of suggestion to her mind.

Now where can I find her diary ... they'd be likely to have cleaned out Dawn's room ... think Cammie think. The libarary? Lost and found? If she brought it there ...

He left things vague of course then added:

I should check in first though ...

That would give the slow moving Aegir time to get into position. He moved along towards the library using his illusion ability in an unusual way. It was the first time for this but he did so nonetheless. It had been a little more tricky but he did not let that bother him.

On his back he made and illusion of the terrain ahead of him on the front that which was behind him and on his sides what had been on the opposite sides of him effectively making himself invisible.

This had been far from perfect, however, since he had to constantly scan the terrain all about him. This caused the image to be imperfect as he rippled slightly almost like a mirage radiating off of the ground on a hot day. Still he had been quiet hard to detect. But he had no troubles in getting to the library where he settled in and waited ...

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:15 am

Post Re: Heritage (for Camryn)
Most of my leads at the beginning turned into ash. Nothing came out of it, and none of them helped at all. Most of the regular students were no help at all, all they called my sister was, the "Captain". Because she was the captain of both the Cheerleaders and Swim Team. I'm not surprised she is able to do that, but I have a very bad feeling for her exposure. I am having a hard time finding someone I can trust as well. From what I have heard, I shouldn't trust anyone but myself.

I was walking towards some place, I am not too familiar with, when I got this, odd feeling I should turn towards the library.

Why the library? I found myself asking, I didn't strike me odd to go there. However, the thought was there in my head, it's...hard to describe. Would Dawn leave her diary in the library? It doesn't seem to make sense in my head, but I did think of it. What was going on? Maybe I should just ask, I mean...it won't hurt to ask I guess. If they have nothing, then I'll leave. I have never been really comfortable with the dress code. It was small, but I wasn't good with them, always at least have to wear the school mini skirt. Everything else is ok, really? You serious? I mean why just the mini skirt and allow everything else? Kind of an, odd dress code if you ask me.

I found myself in front of the library. Looks nice, I liked it, seems a very good place to be at. Nice and quiet, I guess I can run in, ask and leave if they don't have it. Shouldn't be too hard to do.

I walk towards the door, slowly opening it...

Camryn Portman, Dawn's younger sister.
Camryn's Bio: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6262

Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:24 pm

He had been between isles so he could see out at the front desk. The door opened and he knew what to do when Camryn asked the librarian at the desk about things in the lost and found, He simply dominated the librarians mind, focusing on what she was saying, in effect speaking through her like a marionette as he dictated her actions.

"Find anything?" The old woman said before knealing down and shifting through a box that contained lost and found items. "A journal? Let's see ..." she rummaged through a few things as she shook her head.

"No, I don't see a journal ... a notebook ..." she took out a yellow notebook with the name 'Portman' scribbled on the cover along with various doodles on the cover itself. the librarian held out the notebook. "Is this what you're looking for?"

The book had been an illusion of course that had been created by Aegir. His mind allowed him to project it onto their own with no trouble. His form still effectively invisible, he watched on to see how things played out.

Character Listing

Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:02 pm

The one thing that popped in my mind when I saw this was, Are you kidding me? This has got to be a fake. I took the notebook, and flipped through it for a bit. Yes, this was a fake, the hand writing wasn't Dawn's at all, not even close. None of this fit what Dawn does in general. Why would this, librarian go through the trouble of faking something like this? Does what my sister wrote down that important to the school? Are they still trying to find it? In that case, then it must be a lot more important then they are letting on. Something must have been written in Dawn's Diary that makes it important. Does it describe what this, school does?

"Hm, no this isn't it. My sister's hand writing isn't...this messy. If you don't have it, you didn't have to lie to me." One thing that annoy me beyond anything is a lier, and this campus seem to be full of them. I handed the notebook back to the librarian, this must belong to someone I guess, no point in me keeping it. I guess my vague notion of coming to the library was a bust, and another dead end as it seems. This was a lot harder then I have first though. There are just so much secrets going on, it's hard to get past them...

I headed towards the exit...

Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:25 am

"Lie?" The librarian looked confused for a moment as her aged hand reached for the notebook while taking back the old notebook something feel out of it, a piece of paper that fluttered to the floor. Unlike the messy math notes, theories and notations that had been hurriedly scrawled in a hand that had not been Dawn's the note that fell forth might have been.

Aegir had time now to slip into her memories and draw upon a facsimile of what Camyrn remembered her sister's scrawled words to be. But the note had not been written with words but numbers 350.7 in faded pencil marks.

What would that mean? Had it indicated a book in the library set up by the Dewey Decimal System?

"Miss? Miss? Could you grab that for me, something's seemed to fall out ..." she said as Camyrn moved towards the entrance. It would save her the hassle of rounding the counter and picking it up herself.

Character Listing

Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:14 am

I looked back at the Librarian, she honestly looked sincere, but something to me just didn't look right. That...paper didn't float too far, is this librarian really THAT lazy to not be able to get out of her chair and grab it? I turned around and looked at the librarian, "Look, I am a bit...busy right now, so would you excuse me? How about I give you the paper and I'll go ok?" I walked to the paper, picked it up and read it briefly. What was this # for...? I guess I can always look at this later, or come back when I take care of some other agenda on my list. Something about all of this just doesn't, sit right with me. I can't describe it.

I handed the paper over to her with a slight smile on my face, I'll check it out later. This library is giving me the creeps.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:22 am

He could sense her apprehension as she seemed to get a funny feeling upon things. The thoughts that she would return to the library later sat upon his mind. The librarian was not in on anything save for her initial domination on turning over the notebook to Camyrn.

But Aegir had been patient like a spider weaving it's web. He would wait for a fly to buzz around and get snared in their web. He would let her leave ... for now knowing that she would be back here, knowing her thoughts in checking out this aquired information.

In the mean time he would keep his illusion up as he hide out in the library as he lurked about.

Character Listing

Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:19 am

I left the library, I did want to go back, maybe to find out the truth. I just got a bad vibe from it, and I have come to trust my first impression upon things. Something just didn't feel right with me, and when you feel bad about it, leave. Maybe when I go back, it'll be a bit different. This whole school has been giving me weird vibes, it is just soo hard to tell if they are just my imagination, or is something wrong. I mean Dawn did have something go on here, I know that to be true, but what are they? What could have made Dawn the way she is now. I have thought about this a bit and maybe the whole school being female has something to do with it. Who knows, maybe I will find out.

I just need some air though, that place felt so quiet, WAY too quiet. Dead silence quiet. No library should be that way, no matter how quiet, there should be at least some shuffling noise, but that place was dead quiet. That is just wrong, no place should be like that. As if someone just...blocked out all the noise from there.

Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:03 am

Aegir had time to fine tune his illusion given how skitterish his subject seemed to be. There had been things in her mind that he had adjusted to that seemed to weigh heavily upon her. Though he had to credit her given this intuition that she seemed to possess. He altered his illusion so that there were a few people here studying texts at small desks while others mulled about the shelves.

He had been careful though having his illusions come into the library to avoid any suspicion on her part. There had seemed to be none as they entered into the place, quiet but not too quiet. The noise of pages being flipped, paper being crumble up, soft footfalls in aisles and even the scruff of a chair being pulled out from beneath the desk and dragging against the floor.

But his primary work was near section 350.7 where he had summoned up the illusion of a nearby desk and chair along with a blown light in the aisle over where he positioned himself and even moved books off of the shelf so that he could peek into the adjoining aisle.

Character Listing

Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:22 pm

There was something wrong with that library. It is just, something instinctive, it is just so hard to explain, but something was wrong with that place. What can I do? Should I go back? I guess I should, the library should have something indeed, they might have over looked something in the library. However would the...feeling continue? Would it feel like, something is wrong with that place? I mean, this whole school gives me the creeps, but when it is just dead silent, that is usually when my "red" flag pops up.

(I'm sorry for the short post. I'm rather tired and I'm not sure what to post.)

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:57 am

He had given it a degree of thought as he moved about the social sciences of the library. He skimmed this and that but the books had been breaming with stuff that he had already know or had been exposed to over his immense years.

As it grew late he entertained doubts that she would come back to the library at least today. He had figured that she would return in time and eventually get over her adversities. He had run the risk of discovery here and while that had not been a huge issue given the plethora of telepathic abilities at his disposal he eventually placed aside his patience.

Thus he left the library with that same illusion in place. It was rare that he had an idea based off of imagination but that had been what inspired him now. He made his way to the doors and climbed the wall there.

He waited for awhile, at least as it grew later in the day. Hours in fact until the sky darkened and most mind had been winding down for the day. He could feel the minds against him as he reached out towards them feeling most begin to enter REM sleep. But he had not concerned himself with others.

Rather there had been only one mind that he had been interested in, an it was Camryn's that he had sought out. His brief exposure to her had been enough to allow her to access her thoughts before hand.

Right now he could feel that she had been entering REM sleep and thus projected himself into her mind as he altered her dreams; the setting transforming into a dark library as she walked down the aisles as she searched though numbers on the shelf looking for 350.7.

Character Listing

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:04 pm

I had my doubts about the campus and what happened with my sister. However, I can never ever deny that something didn't happen, because it did. The little changes my older sister had shown in her attitude are enough proof for me. I had known my sister for a very long time and she isn't the person to change her personality easy. Especially Dawn, she is very refined as a women, but something drastic changed when she was here on campus. I will do everything I can to find out the reason for it. Although, now that I have been on the campus for awhile, I can already guess the reason for Dawn's change. It begs the question though, if I have learned something this quick, how will 4 years being here change a person? Someone that wasn't strong willed like Dawn, will they even survive?

I have those questions constantly in my mind, but for some reason I keep thinking about the Library too. Why would I even be thinking about that right now? Maybe the library does have it, some where in there. That could be a good reason to go back, on the other hand there is just something wrong with that library. It's just something you can't ignore, especially if you tend to be very aware like I do. Like I have kept on saying, I always trust my instinct and I don't plan on going back on it anytime soon.

Still, I have been running into a brick wall concerning my sisters actions on campus. I have heard a lot of things, mostly from the Cheerleaders and Swim Team whom said nothing but good things about her. She did all she possibility can to protect them from unseen evils. The teachers I managed to talk to were not responsive, they either had nothing to say, or they were afraid of saying something. After all, being here for soo long, you will BOUND to know something, they are teachers. They are part of the administration. The other students I managed to talk to were on the fence as well. Some had something to say, the others had nothing really to say about Dawn. I believe though they are new to the campus and don't know about Dawn like I hope. After all, Dawn has been here for, I'm guessing at least 4 years, I have seen Dawn's photo in some places. New students would only heard of her, not seen her.

Enough of me ranting on though, what should I do about the whole library thing?

Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:56 am

While she had slept he had been able to pry into her mind finding out those issues that she fought with throughout the day. She had been cautious though torn as to what to do about matters for the time being though she had retired to sleep.

He had encountered her sister, and noted how perceptive that her sister had been in cutting through the illusions that he had used. Though now he had been stashed away in her closet, waiting, waiting, waiting until she had fallen into a deep sleep.

He concentrated on the images that stormed through her mind, altering to suit his will. He let her thoughts drift for the most part while he psionically pushed them. Thoughts drifted to the library and the encounter there. The librarian that asked her to retrieve the piece of fallen paper from the note book began to melt like wax exposed to great heat. Other students did the same all approaching her. And the door would not budge being locked ... then the dream shifted to her being in a classroom taking a math test ... then another with cheer leaders stacked up in a pyrimid. "Dawn, we know Dawn ... come closer and we will tell you all about her ..." cheerleaders transformed with sunken eyes and palid flesh ... and yet another dream in the library while seated in the library with a small stack of books in front of her. She seems to be alone in this one, the library seemingly vacant with the only sound being heard is a book falling off of one of the shelves.

Character Listing

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:10 am

The dreams were erratic, and extremely chaotic. It was the first time I have ever dreamed of something like this. The last one caught my attention though, hearing the books falling apparently out of the shelves on the library. maybe that was indeed a sign?

I woke up suddenly, in a cold sweat, gasping in shock from the images I have seen. "What the...hell?" Ever since I went to the library, something around me hasn't felt right. Like, there was a veil was in front of my eyes, or something along the lines of that. Just, something wasn't feeling right to me. Its so hard to put your finger on it and it is one of those things where you just don't get it. Or the reasons for the things that are happening either. What should I do now though? That's a question I been keeping on my mind for a good while. I know I had to find Dawn's diary, that the information it has kept for this long will be very useful to me. What will I do? What can I do for the matter of fact, will I go searching in the library? A place where I'm finding very creepy?

The thing that has been bugging me, was why I keep dreaming of these, odd things. I mean, who would think of stuff like this anyway? Regardless, ever since I arrived at the library, this feeling has been chasing me and I have to find a way to get rid of it. If I do find Dawn's diary in the library after all, it would be worth it, and maybe I would indeed rid myself of this feeling I have been getting recently.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:07 am

Camyrn woke, Aegir could sense the confusion that had been running through her mind. The indecision there had been as heavy as any weight.

Now he could have simply dominated her mind or implanted a suggestion there but he hadn't prefering not to. He silently made his way towards the library.

It was closed at this hour of course but locks had been nothing for him to deal with as he simply used his telekinesis to unlock it, slip inside and use his telekinesis again to lock it back up. He had entertained no doubts that Camryn would return here tomorrow when the place had been opened and he was quiet patient waiting days and even weeks to strike unless things happened to fall into his lap just right.

Again he threw up an illusion making himself appear invisible. He climbed the wall though and used his suction cups to slither across the ceiling as he hung from it. He dozed off and on, maintaing his hold on the ceiling quite easily even when unconscious. It was the same way with his illusion as well given the function of his compact mind.

When he came to it must have been nearly noon given the feeling of peekishness that he felt. He had ignored that though and only hoped that he had not missed his chance.

Character Listing

Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:01 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 155 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next