View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:05 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Passing Time in the Library (Michelle) 

Post Re: Passing Time in the Library (Michelle)
So, it's true. That would explain a few things... She trailed off.

She quickly snapped her attentions back to Kanoe.

How long have you been here at Shokushu, Kanoe?

Siferus Darkcrown: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3579

Everyone's favorite spider monster has come home. I'm always looking for more interesting students or female monsters to ra...play with. Send me a PM, don't be shy, I don't bite. Unless you want me to, that is.

Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:14 pm

Appears the woman had already heard some of the rumors or seen some odd things. Of course having to wear tight fitting blouses and skirts that gives everyone around a sneak peak at a woman's undergarments already set off some warning lights in some people's heads. Being asked how long she had been on the island made her think back. It has only been a little over a year and she already considered herself a sort of veteran of the place. What she had been through to earn such a title was definitely not worth it.

"Over a year," she answers softly, "I am a sophomore here and no, the uniform I am wearing is not a sophomore uniform."

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:27 pm

You've been here for a year? Did you by chance meet a young lady by the name of Lillia Darkcrown? If you have, do you know where I can find her?

(Feel free to run with it. That part of Michelle's story is VERY open ended)

She looked depressed after that being said, Kanoe could notice it right away.

Everyone's favorite spider monster has come home. I'm always looking for more interesting students or female monsters to ra...play with. Send me a PM, don't be shy, I don't bite. Unless you want me to, that is.

Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:56 pm

"I do not know many of the students," she says softly, "I have never heard of anyone named Lillia Darkcrown. Should I assume that was someone who came before you?"

The name did not sound familiar at all. Then again she did not pay attention to many names in this school. But from the change of tone, it sounded like the woman has been searching for this Lillia for a bit.

"If I do find someone with that name, I'll be sure to mention that you are looking for her."

Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:13 pm

Lillia came to this school last year. I was hoping that since you were in the same class, you would know her. It's okay. Please let me know if you find her. She and I were.... The statement didn't need to be finished. The rest could be implied.

Michelle forced herself to cheer up. She smiled at the now a little more social witch. Perhaps Kanoe had a few things she wanted to learn about her redheaded woman sitting across the table from her.

Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:18 pm

"I see," she says softly, "Well I do hope you find her. She may just have a different major than I. There are other students you can try asking."

The witch sighs as she stretches gently in her chair. Hopefully this Lillia is not one of those few that have disappeared in the past. It was possible but she would not dare reveal such a possibility to the woman. There was little she could do to help Michelle but seems the student was doing ok in cheering herself up.

"Is there anything else you wish to know about the school?" she asks, "There is not much else to say. Hopefully you do not find those rumors to be true."

Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:32 pm

What's your major? I am studying Literature. I want to be a writer. What kind of books do you like?

She smiled at the witch, genuinely trying to forge a friendship with the witch, a small tinge of her mana flaring for a moment. Michelle is completely unaware of this, but to the witch, it's blatantly honest.

Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:51 pm

"Chemistry, it seemed the only thing of interest though I am also taking..."

Her eyes widen suddenly as she feels a tingling across her skin. Someone was channeling nearby. It was weak but felt very close. But, the only person was this woman infront of her. She knew she would sound weird but she had to ask anyway.

"Did you feel something just now?" she looks around.

Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:22 pm

Michelle raised an eyebrow to the question.

No, why? Did you? She said.

Kanoe would feel a stronger feeling. Michelle is still completely oblivious to her mana flow. This time, it felt more like a spike.

Michelle was beginning to get a little warm. Not like aroused, but temperature warm. She was beginning to sweat.

That's odd. I suddenly feel a little warm.
Now that you mention it, Kanoe. It is a tad warm in here.
She added on. It felt normal to Kanoe.

Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:28 pm

Her eyes narrow at the woman as she felt the channeling suddenly happen again. Who was this woman? Was Michelle not aware of what was happening? How to go about this...

"Umm... I believe that is your own doing," she says softly, "Seems you may have a small gift. It is difficult to explain and if I were to tell you more, those rumors I mentioned will have a...higher chance of becoming true."

Of course Kanoe was not sure she would let Michelle off that easy. Those that have potential may be of use to her and her lover. But for now, she would not be forceful. She had yet to learn if this potential can be tapped or if this one wants to walk down such a path.

Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:56 pm

You can tell me what is happening to me? Please. I want to know what is happening to me. I'll take anything that comes my way.

Michelle was getting worried about her well being, unsure of what "rumors" she may be talking about.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:17 am

"You are channeling," she says simply, "It is difficult to explain to someone who has never done any of this before but I will try. Everything in the world has an energy known as mana. The air, the earth and even our own bodies have mana," she waits for a moment to let it sink in, "Most humans have enough mana to survive and are not even aware of the energy within them. But, if one is able to channel one's mana or the mana around them, they are capable of doing what is beyond normal. To put simply, magic."

She sighs softly, hoping she was not overwhelming the woman too much. But she will try to put out as much information as she can in hopes of answering all Michelle's questions.

"What you are doing means you either have more mana than ordinary mortals or you are at least subconciously aware of your ability to channel your mana, or both," she says softly, "It can be a bit dangerous if this is something that happens often. If your mana runs low it can be potentially dangerous. But, from what I feel you do not seem to be in any danger."

Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:22 am

As Kanoe explained what was going on with her, Michelle looked at her, confounded, but believing what she was hearing.

I can...do...magic? I've ever been anything special before.

As Kanoe continued her explanation, the words of warning sunk down into her brain. Dangerous if left uncontrolled...

you obviously have a great deal of experience at this, Kanoe. Will you teach me to control this..mana? It was still hard to believe, but it was all that made sense right now.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:37 am

She was not trying to convince the woman but seems to nonetheless. Already asking the witch for lessons, this one seemed at least interested in learning magic. But, it really depends on how far the woman was willing to go. There was no harm in starting a small lesson she supposed.

"Very well," she says softly, "I will teach you a quick lesson before we run out of time. Learn enough and perhaps you will become a special woman."

Kanoe smiles faintly before closing her eyes. "Close your eyes and listen to the sounds around you," she pauses a moment to let Michelle join her, "Listen to the faint shift of books of the librarian as she works at the main desk. Listen to the soft hum of the lights above you and the faint breeze from the air conditioning. One by one, let those sounds fade into the background. One by one until nothing but the air around you remains. Listen for that high pitch whine hidden within the air. It will be soft at first but relax and let the sound come to you. When you have found it, you may open your eyes."

If performed correctly, mana sight allows the use to see threads of mana in varying thickness and colors. It will be first step to gaining control.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:14 am

Michelle took a deep breath to ready herself for the task at hand. Taking a deep breath as she closed her eyes, her slowly began to filter all the noise she could hear out. First the librarian, then the books, then the students around them. One by one, the noises faded into nothingness. The more sounds she filtered away, the easier it was to focus on the high pitched whine that Kanoe told her to listen for. In the span off a few minutes, the room had gone from noisy for a library to the only noise is the sound of the mana.

Michelle opened her eyes slowly and they instantly widened as far as they could. The raven haired witch in front of her was cloaked in a semi-transparent veil of colors. Mainly reds and blues. It was beautiful. Michelle began to look around the room, every living thing having strands of colors coming from them. Almost like rainbows starting from everybody.

Kanoe...I see a lot of colors and threads coming from the people and the plants. Is this what you wanted me to see?

Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:59 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next