View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Out of the Frying Pan ... (for Pia) 

Post Re: Out of the Frying Pan ... (for Pia)
Again, Pia felt a bit disoriented. She was trying to both familiarize her with the present situation, and what might be happening to herself. If this was another out of body experience, then her real body might be in trouble right now. She felt the need to protect it, but on the other hand she was glad to not be present, even if she would hurt physically when she returned. And besides.. maybe they would loose interest quicker when she was unconscious? A limp body could not be so fun to play with.
Despite her musings, she found herself drawn to this situation as well. It had some.. parallels to her situation on Shokushu. Substitute Mexico for Earth, and the heist with escape, and it was not different. These characters seemed to be tough customers, but on Shokushu, she had allied with monsters.

Then it stuck her. This might be a test. Aegir wants to see if I am going to chicken out or not!

She tried taking stock of the situation. Johnny was the blonde man. Greg was the older, tougher looking one. And then it was the twins. And they were expecting her to play a part. She would handle the guards. She had no idea how. She could not fight.. Maybe she would distract them? Bribe them?

Whatever it was, they expected an answer.
"Uh.. sure. I should be able to handle them. Leave that part to me.", she said with confidence she did not really possess, even managing a small smile. "But.. but let us go through the main points of the plan again. Just in brief."

"So that no one misunderstands their part.. with Jethro gone and all..", she hurriedly added, fearing the former comment might be a bit odd.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Astrid, red scarf of the Tramps.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:38 pm
Profile YIM

Johnny turned his head and smiled upon her the strode to a nearby crate that the others drew around as he spread out a map, blue prints of a museum. If Aegir was testing her he made no acknowledgement in it. He had showed a bit of concern about her well being at least in so far as her ability to write so was he minding her vacated body right now?

They was little way for her to gauge that particular answer and for the time being the island was well enough behind her at present. But with her attention turned on figuring out what was going on here she could see Johnny running his finger over the map.

"There is one guard here in this chamber monitoring the camera feeds throughout the museum. Jethro was going to loop earlier images back too him so he wouldn't see anything amiss. The other guard does his rounds from room to room.

"Now Jack and Mack are going to come in through the ventilation system entering by the ceiling. Greg and I are going to come on in through the basement, the tunnels are already all set but no one is too move out until 12 precisely, that will give Greg and I enough time to cut the alarms and for employees of the museum to clear out before setting things into motion an hour after closing."

"Pia, you have the hardest job of all. Approach the museum, gain entrance by saying that you left a brief case there earlier, Greg dropped such a case off there that was surely to be found, but you are to take all eyes off us by distracting the other guard watching via the cameras and the one letting you in who's bound to be the doorman. I don't care how you do it but keep the other guy's attention long enough, five minutes is all we need before the twins can get to his room and Greg and I get the Frezno Diamond secured."

"I don't know about this plan, I like the other one better," Mack said as he pocketed his cards.

"Too bad, we don't have Jethro so we have to improvise." Greg added. "I don't like it either, too many what if's left opened but you saved my hide back there Johnny so I'm in."

"Yeah, me too."

"I guess so, nothing ventured, nothing gained, eh?"

Eyes floated towards Pia as if waiting a response that could amend their plans ...

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:57 pm

So, Jack and Mack are the twins.. Pia noted to herself. She had nothing to add to the plan, really. Asking for a briefcase, keeping the attention of the guards for a short while should be easy, at least in theory. But theory and real life was two different things, she had learned.
Then there was the fact that she was about to commit a crime. It was not something she would normally do, she was a good girl. Still, that seemed to be her role.

"Sounds good to me.."
, she said. "Five minutes should be doable."

She suddenly paused. There was one thing she had to add. She paused. She pursed her lips, as she was wont to do while thinking, absent-mindedly fingering a loose strand of blond hair.

"If.. it something goes wrong, is there a way I will know? I was just thinking.. In case I need to fake a seizure or something to buy more time for you guys."

The last comment was halfway a joke, a cover for her nervousness. Part of that was because she was about to do something illegal, part was because she was really concerned what might be happening to her body, if it indeed was somewhere else. But with the nervousness was a bit of excitement as well.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:13 pm
Profile YIM

Her senses were cut off from the present. Only here, in this place did she perceive anything and she could only assume that Aegir was looking out for her body at least on the most basic of levels. In her mind he could make a few seconds pass in the real world while she perceived it as days or weeks. Likewise he could do the reverse and cause time to drag.

But where ever she was this was her reality now. All eyes seemed to shift her way as she spoke though it was Johnny that spoke up dispelling the brief silence that had crept up on them.

"If Jethro was still with us he might be able to rig up a bug or something, some sort of transceiver but he's not so we're blind to any changes. If things go wrong well you wouldn't know though on the other side of that they couldn't connect you to anything either so you're in the clear regarding that.

"Grab their attention though and we won't have to worry there, otherwise it's already too late."

On Shokushu Pia's body laid prone, unconscious though the trio of fiends did not relent from tormenting her. Aegir quietly watched on, his skin now green to better blend into the vegetation that was concealing him. He worked on Thud and Slar, slowly mapping out their brain patterns as he worked out what did what. He was studying Birch, the one he couldn't read, sizing him up by the information he was getting from the minds of the others.

"On look at you boss and she fainted dead away."

"Shut up Slar! Nonetheless, I will reap the benefits of her body ..."

Character Listing

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:18 pm

While Pia's unmoving body was being ravaged back in reality, her mind was occupying itself with her new surroundings.
She was still hanging on to the theory that this was a test of sorts. If she managed to complete this mission, do the heist and escape to Mexico, it might prove to Aegir that she had what it takes to complete their plans.

The question was: Did she?

Pia was not usually what you would call a typical criminal. She liked things safe and orderly. Yet, after coming to Shokushu, she had had to deal with things she was not ready for a lot, sometimes on a daily basis.

"It is a risk, but lets do it!", she said, after some contemplation. "If there was no risk, everone would be doing it already, right?"

Having said so, she still felt nervous, but also some kind of resolve. Sometimes, things were easier once you had set a course.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:38 am
Profile YIM

Johnny nodded at that, the others agreed in similar fashion after a moment. The scene had not been a test though Aegir supposed that it could have been deemed as such. He had figured that Pia would appreciate a bit of a distraction about now as he spent the time mapping out the pair of minds that he could, figuring out what regulated what.

Once he was through with the process he was certain that two of the three anyway would be non equations here. But neither had he moved to correct her either observing her to see how she would handle things.

Right now they were pulling up near the museum in a single car. The twins got out first, Mack gazing at the building as their large compatriot joined them leaving Pia alone in the car with Johnny, who rested behind the wheel of the car and looked to Pia in the passenger seat.

He drew in a deep breath then patted the back of her hand. "Whatever is necessary ..."

Character Listing

Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:39 pm

Pia watched the building, then turned to Johnny. "It will be al-right.. I just need to get in there.. keeping them occupied for a few minutes should not be too hard, right?"
Pia smiled weakly, trying to encourage confidence both in herself and her compatriot. This should be easy. Even little Pia could mange to keep two persons talking for 5 minutes. If not, she could always fake a fainting spell, or an injury or something. This should be doable. Except, of course, that even the best made plans can go awry.
Pia cast a glance at her watch, then at the building again. Soon, it would have to happen soon.

"Whatever is needed.. Showtime is about to begin."

Pia paused a little. "Any last minute words?". Her hand was on the door handle, she was ready to open it at move towards their target.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:16 pm
Profile YIM

"I know you'll do fine," Johnny got out of the car, glanced to Greg and nodded, the pair slipping around the side of the building opposite that of the twins no doubt to gain entrance into the building through the basement. That left Pia alone at the front of the building.

The streets at this hour were empty though lit by street lights placed evenly here and there that provided shadowy illumination in most places. Light washed down the steps from the museum where the front doors had been glass but locked leading into a lobby style area.

There was a desk for a receptionist of some sort, a phone sat on the desk though the seat behind it was empty. The guard was probably doing his rounds and judging by the cameras the other was probably sitting in front of monitors somewhere in the building.

There was one camera that she could see clearly enough aimed at an angel to capture the images of those that came inside via the front door and she could see another pointed down a hall or into another room, she didn't have a good enough angle on it to tell which.

From another room she saw movement, one of the guards returning this way from his rounds. Thus far he had not been aware of her not expecting anyone after hours.

Character Listing

Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:22 am

Ok, this is it! If is going to happen at all, it must be now!
Pia had been checking her watch, making sure she would get the timing all right. She would have to move now. When she first so no guard there, she was close to despairing, fearing he might already have gotten wind of something happening. He might have been calling the police, or be investigating a strange sound.

There he is!

He was back, not looking like he expected anything. Just a routine patrol, then. If she was to do anything, now would be perfect. Pia set into motion. Heels clacked against stone as she approached the door, her skirt rubbing up against her legs as she walked. Her hearth was beating hard. Much of it was nerves, but not all.

Did she.. Yeah. She did feel something else. Behind the nerves and her fear of messing things up, there was something else. A small pulse of excitement, almost wanton excitement. The fear did not stop it, it caused it. Pia was not normally so, but yet, the uncertainty and the risk gave her a rush.

"Excuse me! S-sir, can you hear me?"

Pia hammered the glass with her fist, hoping to gain the attention of the guard. She cast a veiled glance, trying to pinpoint any cameras. She would need to try to be in sight of them, hopefully causing the last guard to look at her, not anything else.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:06 pm
Profile YIM

Aegir knew plenty, it was hard keeping a secret from him even if it were something that a person had not even realized that they were keeping to themselves. But he let things play out, watching with a portion of his multifaceted mind as he worked on the current problem before him back on Shokushu.

He saw things as she saw them since he was seeing them through her mind's eye. As she pounded against the glass door the guard looked in her direction, obviously not expecting anyone to be there but moving towards the door to hear her better.

His voice was raised though she heard it as a muffle. "We're closed. Come back tomorrow."

He regarded her, not knowing that she had placed herself in the field of one of the cameras monitoring the door. There was nothing unusual about the action, nothing that would tip him off as something being out of the ordinary.

Pia had gathered his complete attention for the time being anyway. He was a foot or so away from the door now before stopping there, looking at her through the glass of the door. "The museum opens at 9 tomorrow."

Character Listing

Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:19 am

Pia took a step back. "SIr, I am terribly sorry, but I seem to have forgotten a suitcase inside."

Realizing he probably could not her her, she went closer, raising her voice a little. "Sir, I have..uh.. forgotten a briefcase!".

This would not do. She needed to be let inside. Pia was not a great actor, or a very good liar, but the pleading look she gave was mostly real. Blue eyes wide, hands gently placed on the clear glass, she continued.
"Sir.. I know I am bothering you, but the briefcase is very important. Would you please let me inside. I am terribly, terribly sorry, and I would not bother you if I was not desperate.."

"Please..", she added. She looked at him, hopefulness and anxiety obvious in her expression.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:06 pm
Profile YIM

The guard looked at her skeptically though he did get a walkie talkie off of his belt. By the looks of it the device was rather crude an ancient in the way of such devices as if the technology wasn't up to speed with what she saw on a daily basis in the present.

He spoke into it confering with the other guard about the briefcase, the other confirmed that one had been found earlier that day in the day and turned over to the lost and found department.

The first man went to the door, he was looking beyond Pia up then down the street though his vantage point from the inside probably wasn't too great. He did notify the second that he was going to open up briefly. With that he placed the walkie talkie back on his belt then unlocked and opened the door motioning her inside.

He clicked the lock on the door when she was inside and he point to a door. "That way, lost and found stuff is kept over there," he began walking towards the indicated door.

Character Listing

Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:31 am

Pia quickly darted in, heels clacking on the hard floor. Pia had not quite noticed, but she was wearing pumps more suitable to the period, and it even felt natural.

"Thank you!", she said, relief in her voice. "You have no idea how big a help this is.. I am really grateful!"
She quickly followed the guard, keeping pace as best she could. She tried keeping well within the vision of the cameras, but probably the whole entry area was covered.
Hopefully, the man at the camera station was following them with his eyes, either to make sure nothing was happening, or just because he was bored. But she probably would have to come up with something soon. Were there cameras in lost and found?

If not, Pia would have a problem. The camera man would probably look elsewhere. Dammit!
If it took more than a few seconds, she might have to come up with something.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:35 pm
Profile YIM

To her relief their were cameras in the lost and found, normally you wouldn't hope to find them there at all but perhaps Aegir altered the illusion to suit her needs, perhaps he was curious or perhaps they were meant to be there. They were the sorts of cameras not in plain view that you would find in banks, cameras hidden by glass fixtures but you knew they were there if you looked at the transparent black glass hard enough.

The room opened up to an office of sorts where pay roll for the staff was performed. The guard walked over to a box on the floor that he picked up and placed on a desk, a brief case prominent among smaller trinkets. "I assume that this is it." he said he was rather noncommittal about her earlier comments, he was just a guy getting paid by the hour and while he shouldn't have let her in he covered his ass by making the other guard his scape goat if worse came to worse.

He gazed at her, a bit curious. "What's so important about it anyway?" Perhaps a better question to ask when she was still locked out but he didn't seem to care overly much, he was just mildly curious at the moment.

Character Listing

Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:23 am

"It is.. oh.. there it is! Thank you!", Pia said. "You have no idea what a big help you have been to me! I am really grateful!"

And now Pia had to lie. Not her strongest suit, really. Best to keep it simple and believable, perhaps something that did not invite too many questions.
"I really can't say.. You see, I am a secretary, just passing through with my employer. I thought I'd kill some time here, but then I forgot this, with some very important documents, and with us leaving town so early tomorrow."

Pia tried hard to not glance about herself, or pause. She really did not want the guard to ask much more. I need to keep his attention, but keep him off guard and non-suspicious.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:53 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next