View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 A Lovely Day for a Swim (Lyndsey) 

Post Re: A Lovely Day for a Swim (Lyndsey)
I was a bit disappointed that she couldn't answer some of my questions and that she was more out of the social loop than I was, but there were several things that struck me as a little strange in the answers that came after. First was the way she spoke about magic and teaching it to people. At first it brought up thoughts of illusionists and slight of hand, but then I thought about my own odd abilities. I wondered if maybe my abilities were like magic and just something humans could unlock innately if they tried hard enough and that I'd just had some sort of natural draw to it. Second thing was her speaking of being assaulted, it could mean a few things of course. Either she was beaten up (and she lacked the scars) or she'd been raped and considering the reputation of this place it just didn't sound likely.
As she massaged my shoulders I sighed slightly. I enjoyed the touch immensely and let her continue as I moved further into my questioning.
”You mentioned teachin' magic right? What exactly do you mean by magic? Tell me and show me. Also when you're done with my shoulders feel free to move to my back.”
I would start with that for now. The assault questions... they'd wait while I thought of how to put it delicately. Rape wasn't the sort of thing I'd take lightly, infact the idea was sort of making me feel sorry for the girl. I was sort of raping her in a way even if it was far more innocent than the thoughts in my head at that time, guilt is just as bad as jealousy sometimes. I understood the bitchyness she'd given a bit. The idea of trying to be a friend after this occurred to me for a moment, but I wasn't sure that would ever work, she hadn't gone too deep into her interests after all.

Xui Ta 'property of the A.D.D.'

Laele; quiet, proper girl

Alison V. Ryder: Endless font of energy

Karayah; The Gray Queen
20% less insane. Currently: debating options & ill

Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:42 am

She continued to massage the new student's shoulders, her subconcious telling her this was what she wanted to do and will make her happy. The witch could not explain it but she felt herself smiling as she tended to this woman's needs. Little did she know that these the effects of hypnotic suggestion. Kanoe did feel a bit uncomfortable about talking about her weaker will. It seemed like a rather personal question even with the suggestion telling her she should answer. But the poor student just could not resist an attack that caught her completely off guard.

"I am a witch or at least practicing as one," she answered simply. Kanoe stopped massaging the woman and moved to stand infront of the new student. "I am proficient in fire and shadow magicks." Holding her hand out, she began to chant the spidery words of magic. Wisps of darkness began to gather and swirl into a sphere of darkness in her hand. She continued to chant for a bit longer before letting the wisps unravel and disapate back into the shadows they came from. Taking a slow breath, she began chanting again. This time a flame sparked to life in the palm of her hand though it did not seem to be burning her. She eventually closed her hand, letting it snuff out into a puff of smoke. The witch rubbed her hand and returned to massaging the young woman. "From what I have seen in other potential students, I have the most mana at my disposal. So it is much easier for me to produce larger results with my magic but at the same time it is harder to control. This island also seems to inhibit magical effects, making it even more difficult to cast even the simplest of spells."

By Lyndsey's instruction, she began to work the woman's lower back. Her palms and fingers work hard on making the new student a relaxed as possible.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:57 am

Witch?! Did she say wi... holy shit she is a witch!!! what else is real??? Damn wonder if all those myths gramps used to talk about have any truth to 'em.
After watching her demonstration of her little abilities with their words and the gentle wisps of shadow followed by small flame in her hand. I swallowed when I felt myself shivering softly as she shifted back to massaging my back. I stretched my neck just a little bit before taking another sip of the now empty soda I had the girl buy me before.
Quote:
"From what I have seen in other potential students, I have the most mana at my disposal. So it is much easier for me to produce larger results with my magic but at the same time it is harder to control. This island also seems to inhibit magical effects, making it even more difficult to cast even the simplest of spells."

I brought up so many questions and so few answers. My head was swimming from the new bits of information she'd given me... but that wasn't the only thing making my head swim. The room was spinning as she started on my lower back.
”do... do you see any potenital.... in... in..."
I didn't sound to well even to myself. I didn't know what was going on, in my head I was panicking and then I heard something; a bottle of shampoo at the corner where it turned from pool to hot-tub violently exploded. That was the last thing I heard before everything went black. From the moment of the explosion there would be a noticeable surge in energy in the area for anyone with even the slightest sense of energy in the universe even if they couldn't see it well. (I didn't know anything about that sort of thing though.)

I had a short dream; i didn't think much of it then. it was me alone with nothing but the clothes on my back running. I looked different, I was dressed more properly and my hair was longer too covering one of my eyes as I ran... i just kept running and running... I don't know from what but, no matter how far I ran I couldn't get away and I couldn't see what I was running from.

Karayah; The Gray Queen

Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:48 am

Kanoe had no real clue what just happened. A bottle of shampoo nearby suddenly popped like a balloon, sending the scented fluid everywhere. Though getting the gunk on her was bothersome, the witch had bigger worries as Lyndsey became unresponsive. The woman seemed to be breathing at least as Kanoe stopped the massage. She held the woman's shoulders to keep her from falling over as she shook her gently. "Hey! Are you alright?" she asked, "Snap out of it!"

She sighed, unsure what to do about this. Probably it be best to take her to the nurse. The witch did not know what it was the girl's own doing that made her like this. She would have called it a foolish attempt to push things after already being told about the inhibitors. Kanoe shook Lyndsey a bit more, trying to wake her up. If she got no response, she would have to carry the woman to the nurse. So much for having a calm relaxing day.

Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 am

The dream faded away to the woman's voice it hadn't been as long as I would have guessed. I'd also never fainted before; never once. If I had to guess it was the inhibitors on the island, she had said they inhibited 'magical' effects and abilities; I didn't know mine would count as magical. After a few minutes of sitting limp I weakly opened my eyes ”...I'm alright...”
I was a bit short of breath and it took a few moments for me to catch it again.
”I've never had that happen to be before... I was just a little dizzy and then everything went black. Can jet lag do that to people?”
it was my only guess at that moment.
”Sorry about that. Hope I didn't freak you out too much. I think... uhm... I was going to ask... oh! Do you see any potential in me?”
I shifted to my knees before I knowiced the shampoo on Kanoe and then felt it on myself. I wiped off a bit of the shampoo from my arm and cheek looking at it with a faint blush; a knowing & embarrassed look crossed my face.
Damn, thought I had better control over that!
Losing control of my abilities at this point was like wetting the bed at twelve years old. I'd worked hard to figure them out and get a decent handle on them; course I also didn't know my state of mind played into that ability too.

Karayah; The Gray Queen

Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:51 am

The woman seemed to be recovering which was a relief. Upon hearing the question about jet lag, Kanoe responded to the question as best as she could. "Not that I know of," she replied, "As for potential, I do not know. Most already know the answer when they come and see me. But some do occasionally find a spark after visiting with me. I have no real sure fire way of knowing myself though."

Wiping the shampoo off and seeing Lyndsey was alright, Kanoe returned to the hot tub and allowed the warm waters to wash away the goo fo her. "If you are still dizzy, you might want to go see the nurse," she added, sighing as she felt the warm bubbles caressing her body. Being in a swimsuit, she had no worries about getting wet unlike the new girl before her. Once cleaned, she would once more get out of the pool and gently wring the water out of her long raven black hair.

Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:33 am

I looked at her shaking my head a bit. I wasn't dizzy anymore just a bit shaken.
“No... I'm alright now. Whatever it was it's gone.”
I spoke simply when she mentioned she didn't have any way of knowing if I had potential or not. I had been intrigued by the possibilities magic brought, well the ones that popped into my head anyway; mostly to do with power and control over people still. I was too much of a megalomaniac then, I hate my old self, but it's all part of my life and that I don't hate. I took a look around the hot tub room again for a few silent moments, I was once again feeling guilty about what I was doing so I decided that I should leave for now I doubt it was a good time to tell her I'd been forcing her to answer my questions.
“Hey, uhm... maybe next time you can do some sort of test to see if I have any sort of potential. I think I'm gonna go back to my room and take a nap or something. Sorry for buggin' you.”

yeah next time... next time I'd apologize.

Karayah; The Gray Queen

Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:59 am

"Hmm?" Kanoe blinked at the suggestion, "I suppose you are interested. Very well, I will see about it the next time we meet, Lyndsey." It was doubtful the suggestion would stay in her head that long but she responded to it anyway. At the mention of bugging her, she simply nodded. "It is fine," she replied, "Rest well." The witch could not help but feel a bit strange about the situation or why she was making time for this woman. But it was her time off so it was of no real loss. The witch offered a towel to the woman to help her clean up the rest of the shampoo before taking her leave to the locker room and showers. There she would clean up and change before resuming her day, most likely returning to her room to study her tomes further.

The more she walked back to the dorms, the more her head cleared up. Today was certainly a strange day but at least it was a strange day that did not lead to a sudden visit by one of the island's monsters. Rubbing her temple slightly, Kanoe shook the thoughts of Lyndsey from her head and continued on her way back to her room.

Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2