View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 7:37 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 It Starts With A Spell (Tani) 

Post Re: It Starts With A Spell (Tani)
Perhaps she was harsh, these were her own views afterall. She was shunned for studying magic and knowing magic seems to attract more attention than anything. It was just a fact of life. If magic was truly accepted, people would not be learning it secret and the teaching would spread. But that is not the case.

"It is possible to help others with magic," she says, "But, it will be slow and take time. Rush it and you will be just another outcast. For now, you can only do what you can with what you have. I doubt I will be much help in making spells that assist others as I know mostly attack spells. But, I do know others that are gifted and some of us do work together. For now, help yourself before helping others is my suggestion. It would be pointless to feed a starving family if you end up starving yourself. Once you are gone, that's it."

She hopes her advice helps. The witch felt almost sorry for the naive woman. Will Tani really be able to handle the dark arts?

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:09 am

"I already said once I was willing to sacrafice anything to learn. That should be answer enough," she replies in a whispered tone. Helping yourself to help others... she had never thought about it that way before. But she still felt humiliated that her thoughts were foolish in Kanoe's eyes. She didn't have the backbone to stand up to the dark haired woman and defend her views. She was intimadated really to say much of anything.

"I'm sorry.... you must think of me as a fool or a naive little nitwit."

Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:23 am

"Perhaps a bit naive but far from a nitwit," she says softly, "A nitwit cannot learn magic. So lets start with a bit more information about yourself. How were you able to learn magic? Were you taught by someone? I apologize, I must have eaten up much of your time already."

She tries to turn things away from the woman feeling sorry for herself. If this one wishes to question what she believes in, so be it but that was something that woman can contemplate on her own time. Tani had potential and knew similar paths of magic as she did. Maybe Kanoe can grow some by teaching others. Claire seems to be teaching a bit to Violett though Claire was much better with people than she was.

Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:38 am

"No, my time is mostly learning where my classes are today... its nothng," she complies with Kanoe's comment. She sighs at the latter question. Nicole was the main reason why, so even asking how amde ehr think of her alot.

"A book... I came upon a book after wanting to make more elaborate tricks with car throwing... and well, I have someone to teach me now. But I've never been taught before until recently."

Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:53 am

"I see," she smiles faintly, "I learned from a tome I found myself. I do have a...teacher here but I try not to rely on him."

Kanoe frowns slightly. The witch had a guess who Tani's teacher was. It was either Mage or Keemari. Since she has not seen Mage in a long time, Keemari no doubt got his claws on this woman. Well that alone would answer if this russian was a virgin or not. Ugh what a pain. Would be nice to get away from that blasted wolf.

"Guess that answers my questions," she sighs, "You can already read runes and do most of the basics. You even show relatively good control over your magic. I tend to have an over abundance of mana in my body which makes it much harder for me to control my magic. Do you suffer damage from your own spells?"

Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:17 am

"Yes. I can only make it so big until it begins to burn my hand. I just... I dunno, I just got my teacher recently so I have alot to learn."

She blushes at the compliment of shownging good coontrol and smiles with some encouragement from it. She had hoped she wasn't relatively bad at magic, but apparently she had ALOT to learn in her lifetime. Naiveness never was pretty to unvail. She quirks her brow to Kanoe in a questioning expression.

"Wait... why don't you rely on your tutor that much?"

Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:40 am

"Because he is a monster," she says coldly, "And he has a price.."

She rakes her nails on the table, remembering how Keemari took her love and herself as apprentices. The witch calms herself by brushing her long hair back behind her shoulders. Kanoe thinks a bit on the backlash that Tani was suffering. Perhaps it was not all control. Maybe there are other factors she has yet to see.

"Backlash hurts me as well. There are strange auras on the island that dampen our magic so perhaps that is what is saving me from completely losing my limbs or my life. It prevents me from using too much power behind my spells," she continues softly, "If that tutor of yours who I think it is, you may not want to rely on him. Unless you like giving up your body."

Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:03 am

"We must have the same teacher then. I had to... umm... do it in order to become his apprentice. I guess that was a mistake I made too."

Perhaps she should've thought of another alternative then having sex with the druid. Her first time... taken for payment. She felt like a whore for doing it now. But she tries to ignore the pang in her gut while listening to Kanoe's explanation. She had some trouble before coming here... blowing up things and such...

"... I don't like giving up my body..."

Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:02 am

"I understand.." she says softly, "What he does...it's impossible to resist for very long. If he calls for lessons, just learn what you can. It's horrible I know but the other monsters do provide any...payment for taking our bodies."

She fell silent. She must sound horrible saying all these things. The witch looks away, wrapping her arms around herself. It has been a long time since she spoke to a brand new student. Has this place changed her so much.

"I'm sorry," she says finally, "I'm not being much help to you."

Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:59 am

She looks with some sympathy to the woman. Was this what she was going to look forward to at this school? She fidgets somewhat at seeing the woman become fearful. Possible memories... she shook so herself at what she was going to have to go through.

"Its alright... your letting me know ahead of time on what I need to watch out for. I appreciate it, Kanoe. You've been a big help."

Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:40 pm

She nods slowly. Will it help though? It was doubtful to be able to stop a monster even if you see them coming. The most one can do is resist and endure, hoping to delay the inevitable. She sighs and holds out her hand. The witch chants softly as the shadows in the room waver and gather into her palm, swirling into a globe of darkness.

"Your control may be better than mine, but lets practice shall we?" she says softly, "As you grow, perhaps I will be able to teach what spells I know."

The orb shimmers and distorts as it suddenly pops into five tiny orbs. They spread and swirl over her fingertips and thumb before coming back together as one large sphere.

Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:49 pm

She stares in awe to Kanoe's control over her magic and slowly her mouth opens to gape at it. The darkness and swirls... how was she able to have such power over darkness like this?

"H-How... how are you... doing that?" she dumbly asks, like a child fascinated with a candle flames. She leans in closely and watches in amazement before looking down at her own hand. Would she be able to do that too?

"W-well... as much as I really want to... I should be getting back to my next class. I'll be so confused tomorrow I won't know where everything is... but... I really want to learn this..."

Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:58 pm

Kanoe smiles faintly. She could force Tani to make a choice on the matter. But, there was no reason to rush things. With a soft sigh, the darkness unravels causing a soft gust of air to blow outwards. Once the air became still again she spoke.

"Very well," she says softly, "We cannot have you getting in trouble so soon. Do your best to hide what you are from the rest of the school's staff. I prefer we attract as little attention as possible. My apologies from before, perhaps we can learn much from each other."

She rises to her feet and lightly strokes Tani's cheek before moving over to the door and unlocking it.

Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:05 pm

She smiles at Kanoe's udneratsnding and takes what she says to ehart. It would be best to trust what this woman was saying. She made some sense in this crazy college. Perhaps she could learn a thing or two from her and she the same.

She blinks at being carressed on the cheek and goes so far as to cupping the place the dark woman had touched in pure wonder. She stands up slowly, and walks behind the woman to get back to her classes.

"Getting in trouble here may seem worse then just a detention I gather..."

Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:14 pm

"Much worse for some," she says softly, "Be safe, Tani."

Perhaps she should listen to her own advice sometime. But she would sooner drop dead than wear those gaudy uniforms that reveal her pale thighs and feel like they were painted on her chest. She opens the door for the russian and bows her head slightly.

"I on the other hand, will continue my studies," she says with a smirk, "Hopefully that teacher will have cooled down tomorrow."

After Tani leaves, she shuts the door and sighs. The new student had potential which would be very useful if tapped properly. It will be all up to this woman to decide how far she wants to take that potential.

Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:25 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3