View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 10:37 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Passing Time in the Library (Michelle) 

Post Re: Passing Time in the Library (Michelle)
Kanoe performs the excercise as well, seeing the threads of mana in the air and in every object and in Michelle. This alone was not channeling magic but it did help give an idea of what was happening around or within one's self. The student no doubt sees the swirling threads flowing about Kanoe's body. The bundles were tightly condense to the point where threads seem to leak out from the witch's form.

"Yes, do not let yourself fall out of the trance just yet," she says softly, "We have named this mana sight. As the name suggests, what you are seeing is mana in it's most basic form. This is what we weave and control to perform magic."

She raises a hand and concentrates. The threads seem to writhe and condense into her arm. Some threads break off and flow away while the rest continues to build and flow up the witch's arm. It gathers in her hand as black flames begin to lick across her fingers and palm. The bundle of threads swirls violently like if it was trapped and trying to break free. With a spark, a smoldering ball of black flame appears in her hand. The threads were flowing outwards and swirling within the flame as Kanoe holds it up for Michelle to see.

"Control is difficult for myself as well," she says softly, "I have class soon so I will not be able to go further than this. Remember that excercise. You may even attempt it when you feel warm again to see what is happening to your mana in a general sense."

She lets the flame sputter out, sighing softly. Kanoe brushes her hair back behind her shoulders as the gazes at the woman. Hopefully she did not overwhelm the poor girl.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:41 pm

Michelle watched in the mana sight trance at the witch exercise control over her mana, forming black flames in her hands. The flames danced elegantly in her hand. To Michelle, it was incredible to think that maybe she'd be able to do that in time. What was more amazing that after Kanoe dispersed the flames, there was not a mark on her hand to tell it was ever there.

Kanoe was right. It wouldn't be long before the next class began. Kanoe was worried about overwhelming Michelle. Michelle was more concerned about when she could learn more.

uhm...Kanoe? Would it be possible for you to show me some more after classes today? That is, if you're not too busy. She said, rather timidly. She didn't want to impose on the poor witch.

Siferus Darkcrown: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3579

Everyone's favorite spider monster has come home. I'm always looking for more interesting students or female monsters to ra...play with. Send me a PM, don't be shy, I don't bite. Unless you want me to, that is.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:55 pm

Kanoe smiles softly at the timid question. Some become scared of seeing things they do not understand happen before them. Rather than scared, Michelle seemed curious perhaps even eager to see what the woman was capable of.

"Very well," she replied, "I should be free after the next period. Where would you like to meet?"

She rises to her feet, smoothing her skirt as she prepares for another boring class. For a usually wasteful free period, this one was rather favorable. Seems Michelle was right, a new friend may be in order.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:11 pm

Well, I don't have any more classes after this one. Maybe we can meet here and from there we can go back to one of our rooms or somewhere else. We'll leave that decision until we meet again, I suppose. I'll be waiting here after my last class of the day. I can't wait to see more.

The two women parted for their classes. Kanoe to chemistry and Michelle to her literature class. She always enjoyed reading other people's writing. It was an inspirational time for her. The teacher began his lecture and Michelle and the rest of the class delved into the works of yet another excellent writer. Michelle quickly found herself distracted by what is happening to her to the point of disinterest in the book she had in front of her. Never mind the fact that she had read it back in Okinawa.

Finally after what seemed like an eternity, the class ended. Michelle walked down the hallway and into the library to wait for her new magic teacher. While she waited, she took a notebook out of her backpack and began to write in it. It was her book of stories. Incredibly well-written fictions, romantic, horror. Whatever she felt like writing. Michelle quickly immersed herself in the writing of yet another story, completely unaware that Kanoe had returned and was reading what she was writing about.

As his kisses fluttered against the soft skin of her neck, Kinra dug her nails into Slevah's skin. Two bodies entangled with one another, both bodies becoming insatiable... Michelle sat up and stretched, and immediately noticed Kanoe had returned.

Oops! I didn't see you there, Kanoe. She said, her face as red as her hair now. I like to write, and sometimes I like just writing these sort of things.

Everyone's favorite spider monster has come home. I'm always looking for more interesting students or female monsters to ra...play with. Send me a PM, don't be shy, I don't bite. Unless you want me to, that is.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:26 pm

The dark witch ponder only for a bit on what to do with the new potential. Though she had her own studies, having another student able to channel would be beneficial even if the woman chooses not to join her small group.

After an hour of lecture and notes, the witch was done for the day. She returns back to the library, easily finding Michelle sitting at one of the tables. The witch walks over only to have the woman's face turn a deep crimson. Of course she had no idea what the student was talking about. Something about what the woman was writing. It did not bother her though as she did not see what was being written nor did it matter to her.

"It is fine," she said simply, "I just arrived. I prefer not to practice in the school so where do you wish to go?"

It did not matter where they went. She figured the woman would feel more comfortable in a place that was her choice. The witch prefered not to attract any attention from the staff anymore than she usually does.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:37 pm

We could go somewhere outdoors. I can't stand being indoors anymore for a while. I need to get out of here. I'm going crazy. Do you have a favorite spot, Kanoe? She said, ready to learn magic, her eyes having the metaphorical glimmer.

She stuffed the notebook back into her backpack and slung it over her shoulder, as if to say she is ready to go wherever Kanoe wants to go. She was ready to attack this like she would go about attacking anything else she wanted to know about. Practice until she got it right or the teacher said no more.

Lead the way, Kanoe. We'll go wherever you feel most comfortable. Just so you know, I'm very excited. I can't wait.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:12 pm

"I'm glad that you are excited," she smiles, "It will not be easy. It can take a long time to find out how to work with your mana."

Well any place is good as any, she thought as she leaves the library and makes her way off campus. The witch knew a few places that should give them some time alone to practice. She was not really sure how to start. Kanoe had to stumble upon her answers alone when she started. The last untrained potential she met was not interested in growing beyond where she was. This was her first untrained student.

There were few clouds in the sky, leaving the sun blazing and heating the world below. The witch leads the way into the park, taking a side trail into the woods. They were not going to go very deep, just enough for some privacy and not attract any monsters. Once in the small clearing, she sets her bag down and turns to face Michelle.

"This should do," she said simply, "There is still very little we actually know about your abilities so it will take time to figure where to start. Have you ever had any experiences like that feeling of warmth before?"

Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:47 pm

Michelle followed Kanoe to the outskirts of the forest, putting her bag down next to Kanoe's. Kanoe asked a question that she had no personal recollection of, but there was one story she heard about from her mother...

Never that I remember, but my mother told me and my father told me later that it was true.

When I lived in Okinawa as a small child, a fire broke out in our house while my mother was at a recital. My father was on active duty at the time and when my mother came back, she noticed that the house was burning. She called for help and ran upstairs to get me. The entire room was engulfed in flames, yet my playpen and I were completely safe. That's all I really know, because I was so little. That wasn't what you asked though, I'm sure...

Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:18 pm

"No, that tells much," she says softly, "Seems you have an affinity to fire. Though it is possible to learn more than one element, some people tend to lean towards one more than another making it much easier to learn and use."

She removes her jacket and lays it on top of her bag, to help keep her body cool under the sun. The witch holds out her hand once more and concentrates. This time, orange flames lick across her hand and eventually grow into a small flame in her hand. It was difficult to channel without using an incantation or gesture but for a beginner that is a whole nother ball game.

"We will focus on channel just the base element for now," she continues, "Fall into that trance state I showed you before so you can see your mana. Think about what you are trying to do with the fire inside you. Try to guide the strands of fire mana down a specific path. They will feel difficult as they try to break free, growing more difficult as you continue to compress and narrow their options. Do not rush, take your time."

Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:35 pm

Michelle watched in awe as Kanoe once again conjured fire in the palm of her hand. It was incredible seeing how the flames danced without burning her hand at all.

Michelle nodded to Kanoe's instruction and began to push all the sounds of the outside world out of her mind, leaving only the faint sound of mana ringing in her ears. She opened her eyes and looked at the mana flowing through her hands. Red strands...fire mana, right? Asking the question caused her to lose some focus and the trance was nearly broken. Michelle quickly focused on the strands of mana and began to guide them gently into her hand. This obviously took a great deal of focus and concentration. Two things she learned with her sword training. After only a few minutes of focusing, a small flicker of flame emerged in her hand, Michelle obviously straining to keep from losing it. She pushed herself to keep that flicker of fire, afraid to disappoint her new teacher. The flame grew larger the longer she focused on it, but it was obviously taking it's toll on Michelle. The flame was nearly the shape of her palm before she finally fell to her knees, breathing very heavily.

I'm sorry, that was the best I could do.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:52 pm

Letting the flame snuff out once more, the witch walks over to Michelle. She smiles softly as she gently lifts the woman's chin with a finger. It was definitely a good start. Kanoe was pleased in both the woman and herself for being able to teach this much already.

"You did just fine," she said, "Do not force it though. You will learn your limits and learn to work with what you have. I know someone who has much less mana than myself but is still able to do amazing things due to her control. I am unsure how much mana you have but the fact that fire happened may mean you have trouble controlling what mana you do have. But I am just rambling now," she turns and begins walking back to where she was, "Remember, mana is life for all things and to use too much can weaken you. Use all of it and it may kill you. Take your time and learn about yourself and it will slowly come together. What you are doing now is very difficult. To assist in controlling the flow of mana people use incantations and gestures and sometimes even components for thier magic. But until you get used to what power you have, you will start with the basics."

Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:00 pm

Michelle was still panting when Kanoe lifted Michelle's chin with her finger. A feeling of accomplishment swelled inside of her. Her teacher was proud.

I'm glad I did ok. I need a lot more practice, I suppose.

When Kanoe began to tell her about another witch here, her eyes widened.

Wait, you're not the only witch on the island? How many are there?

Michelle stood up, a little gingerly, but she stood up nonetheless. What happened next wouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who knew her more than half an hour. As soon as she got to her feet, she reached her hand out and began to channel once again...

Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:09 pm

"Of course not," she replied, "The island actually has a small number of gifted students. I know of about ten students with some sort of ability. I know of five that keep some contact with and are able to actually use spells."

There were also a number of magic using monsters on the island but she decides to leave that out. It would be discomforting to know that some of those monsters are teaching her and some of her friends. Shokushu did seem to have a knack for getting hold of special students. She could only guess what the school or worse NICE labs intended to do with all that potential.

"My my," she giggled softly at the sight of the weary woman trying again, "Careful, just work on controlling the flow for now. You do not necessarily need to produce flame. Try to just heat your hand or part of your body."

Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:20 pm

Ok. Just heat my body... She murmured to herself. A reasonable expectation, right? Michelle focuses again and then places her hand on Kanoe's shoulder, the shoulder feeling a faint warmth from Michelle's control. Her eyes were pinched shut in concentration and sweat accumulated on her forehead as she strained to keep from losing it. After a few more moments of focusing, the heat on Kanoe's shoulder got a little more noticeable. Nothing painful or dangerous, just a little more intense. Michelle finally stops channeling soon after.

How...was....that? She said, panting hard.

Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:22 pm

Kanoe rests a hand on Michelle's cheek. Well there was no doubt that this woman was interested in growing. She hopes that the young beginner does not exhaust what little mana in her body. The dark witch could remember all the times she harmed herself from trying so hard to learn by herself.

"Yes, that is better," she said with a faint smile, "But, you are getting exhausted. Simple cantrips are going to leave you winded until you grow more use to controlling your mana. I suppose you can consider it a muscle you have never used and are now trying to work it out. There is not much more I can teach you at this current time. No need to rush the basics. Who knows, perhaps you will gain better control over fire than I have."

Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:29 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next