View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 11:16 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Outpost Six (for Vidalia) 

Post Re: Outpost Six (for Vidalia)
“Oh dear ..” Olivia looked. The devices were akin to metallic life preservers though these were packed full of explosive goodness. She too had been beyond her skill set in diffusing bombs though not daring to get any closer she had one of her colleagues spin about so she could see the device and get a better idea.

“I have a vague understanding of how it works. It goes boom if tampered with Circuitry triggers it, trying to cut the wrong wire is as good as telling it to detonate. A signal could probably be sen to cause it to explode too. My guess though since they did not already blow up I suspect some sort of proximity trigger especially with everyone grouped together.

“I can unlock it but removing it will cause it to go boom too. There are pressure sensors at the shoulders I suspect that go off if not feeling the same sort of pressure and probably sensors elsewhere … duh ...”
She looks back to her as if a thought had just occurred to her.

“It's all electronic … I could unlock each vest and use the last EMP grenade after getting everyone close together and then just have everyone remove the vests afterward since they wouldn't be locked and unless the locking device is booby trapped … I'm pretty good with electronic locks though Diffusing bombs isn't m thing and if it were not so reliant on electronics I'd have no clue”

Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:48 am

Vidalia looks at the scientist and then hands over the EMP grenade. "Well..." she says. "You're definitely the one to do it." She smiles at the girl. "Do you think you'll be safe? I'll set on about clearing out the hanger, give you all somewhere to go after you get the vests off." She nods at the brunette. "You've got this...because I sure as hell don't. I imagine it'll work though." She smiles and steps in, giving the girl's shoulder a squeeze. "Come on...you can do it." She turns the girl towards the room, nudging her inside. "Get those vests off and I'll take care of the rest."

If she agrees, then Vidalia will head on towards the hanger, scouting carefully to ensure she doesn't get herself surprised.

ADD Agent Vidalia. How in the world does she walk in those boots?

Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:34 am

Olivia nodded “I think so … well ….” She smiled. If you don' hear a boom before making it to the next sector the vests we trapped in a manner I couldn't get around.”[/color] She doubted that they were trapped or if hey were just unlocking them shouldn't trip them. When the EMP went off then any trap wouldn't matter since it relied on electrical impulses. It would have to be one that did not function with any electronics, a simple grenade rigged up in such a way might but she would hopefully find any tinkering before hand.

Vidalia didn't hear any explosions as she made her way onward to a hanger.

One damaged, three left and two of hose had no power. Rerouting power would probably be easy enough given that the sections still had power but the “warm” up procedures would take time and she had to thing that this was intentional. Perhaps they realized that if they were unable to get Olivia out of her lab doing so might be just as good as keeping her on the station since they were likely to be monitoring the output of power and would become aware if someone was trying to turn it on just as one became aware of someone turning on a light switch if they were sitting in that same room.

Thus the only active hanger had been the one that they had their own ship at. There was another of he big clean up droids that harmlessly went by unless she sought to destroy it for whatever reason. The closer she got to that hanger though the more she heard droids. They had a patrol at least, she could hear the hum of the repulsors as a pair was just around a corner ahead that lead closer to the hanger and was essentially a straight shot to it.

Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:52 pm

Vidalia pauses at that corner, breathing deeply and glancing around it. This is the best shot. There weren't that many survivors back there in the mess, so a small shuttle would certainly do the job. She just has to clear them a route, that's all. A quick peek around that corner though, to see what might be ahead before she darts out towards the next available cover. She proceeds like this, leapfrogging until she reaches that final hallway.

If there are a lot of droids, this could be a problem...but, if she can serve as a distraction, then maybe...maybe they would give chase? It's hard to say. She pokes her head up and then raises her rifle, deciding that if she has to, she'll retreat and draw the lot with her down another hall, to leave the hangar clear for the survivors.

Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:17 pm

At first it is just the pair of droids that seem to be doing routine rounds though she soon has to fall back, sounds of combat drawing more of the droids from the hanger. It being the only real choice for escape there were more than a few droids present.

Fortunately the security model had been weak as far as dealing with anyone of her training. They were good for guarding a warehouse or the like against an ordinary civilian but someone combat trained like her, provided she had been armed and not doing anything stupid weren't a match, at least not one on one.

The problem came when dealing with a lot of them. They had the numbers and could send others to circle about or try to pin her down. She soon realized that they were trying the later when a group did not march ahead like lemmings as the first group she encountered had.

Either they had learned, knew the basics or most likely had been ordered by another though they had all appeared to be the standard droid.

The lights suddenly went out about the time that she was wondering how many droids they had. Most likely they were coming in from other areas of he station.

-PROCESSING-
She could hear the mechanical voice up ahead. There were some lights near the panels of doors so she knew power wasn't cut, just the lights.

-ADVANCE-
Using the darkness as cover the droids began to close in, unaware if she had any visual capabilities or equipment that assisted in the dark it seemed as they did not move from cover to cover but simply came forth around corners or bulkheads. There were no telling how many there were, just that it sounded as if she made some process from the initial sounds … less than a dozen ahead of her around the corner and about half as many from the other way.

There were the doors that lead into labs, the first of which was good sized and had various cages with exotic animals in each. The lights worked here and none of the droids had advanced into the room thus far, either waiting outside or yet to catch up with her.

In the labs there looked to be a struggle of sorts, vials smashed on the floor, puddles of his liquid or that on the floor, computers on but in sleep mode, some scorches here and there along the walls probably from blasters she could determine with a quick look that perhaps some of the scientists were here and rounded up or someone was trying o get something done before the droids arrived.

Near the computer was an intercom system that she had seen in Olivia's lab itself though her's seemed much different than the lab that was her … animal research of some kind?

Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:37 am

She had underestimated it seems. There are far, far more droids than she had thought there could be in that hangar. "Damn." she says, moving constantly to stay ahead of the advancing mass. The worst part had been when she ran into more of them approaching from the other direction, forcing her to turn down a different route and into the labs. She hadn't expected to have to deal with the lack of light either, which certainly hadn't helped things.

The suited woman slips into the lab though, pausing for a moment to look around at the cages before she continues her retreat. She makes it to the computer, stopping to mash a button on the intercom. "Olivia. Go now." she says. "Now!" She attempts to send another distress signal before being forced into cover again, hiding and taking shots at the advancing droids whenever they do venture into sight. "Dammit...dammit...dammit!" she curses each time she drops one of the droids.

Well, this is her job...she had signed up for it.

Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:45 am

The droids stopped advancing into the room in short order after she dealt with a few attempting to access the lab. They were here and what they were doing she did not know as there were no security cameras that she could access to have a look. For now she had some breathing room at least.

“What is it?” A concerned Olivia asked after a moment. Things were not going well she could surmise. By the time she ad made it to a intercom Vidalia wasn't cussing as things seemed to quiet down, though that could be a bad sign.

“Agent? Are you there?”

Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:47 am

Vidalia pokes her head up after a moment, peeking for danger before she makes a move for the com. "I'm pinned in a lab." she says. "How are you doing on your end? Did you make any progress?" She stays focused on the door though, her weapon at the ready. "I think they're planning something...I don't know what but I want you to all get out of here. Now. Understand me? I can hold out for a while, till help arrives."

Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:17 am

“I see … I've just finished up here with the vests, all we've got left to do is set off the EMP pulse and remove the vests. The droids probably will just keep you pinned down though I wasn't armed so they may have different protocols. Were are you? There should be some identification on the walls of the station, a serial number stamped on the back of computers or what not.”

After that had been figured out there was some silence as Olivia conferred with some of her colleagues first. “Your near the hanger. Without getting to security I have no idea what's going on though there should be a chute there, you're in the animal labs right? It's a tight fit and leads into a disposal area … an incinerator though it's offline. We only turn it on at the beginning of each month though from that area you can theoretically climb the chutes o other labs in that section. Realistically though there is a door down there for maintenance of the incinerator coils. That will allow you out to the under levels of the station, pretty much just a bunch of incinerators beneath each section and a means up here through a lift in a control room at the center where incinerators can be turned on and off. I wonder …” The last said to herself, though she was not having a “duh” moment like before.

Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:48 am

Vidalia glances around herself. "That sounds insane..." she says. "You sure it's the only way out?" She peeks at the doorway again, no droids yet. "They're setting something up out there for me. I don't think they mean to kill me though." she says. "They weren't trying very hard... Is it a long crawl? Can I make it quickly I don't want to risk getting trapped." She's already looking around for the access chute. "I see where I need to go. I'm going to give it a try. Don't think I've got a lot of choice. I want all of you moving now, you got it?"

She looks at the door again and then dives for the chute, wiggling into it and slowly crawling down. It is tight, but most of her fits just fine...and the other bits are squishy enough to not have much trouble. She crawls down the chute slowly, ready to move the other direction if she needs to.

Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:53 pm

“There's no other way out of there save for the door. Unless you want to get into a shot out with hem ...” Directed to the chute she found that it was large enough to squeeze into as I was probably designed for getting rid of larger “refuse” which hit her noise as she got into the incinerator room itself. There were more than a few decaying corpses here and the charred remains of several more though mos of the blackened corpses were mere clumps of ash, probably repeatedly burned until becoming this fine mess.

The door here was small, perhaps what one would expect to find in a submarine but leaving the chamber behind her she came into a hall. There were other hatches that lead into other incinerators though by the time she discovered a central area Olivia was there with the scientists.

There was a lift in the room leading up to an upper level. There wee tons of computers and controls o trigger the incinerators, each room aligned with sensors which would not let the incinerators trigger if living lifeforms had been detected. After a month any animals in her incinerator that may have been still alive and mistaken as dead would be dead (most likely depending on when they arrived during he month).

They would then be disposed of. If not that month then certainly next, the room was small bu large enough where it wouldn't be over flowing.

She noted that there were two scientists that had been absent though. “If the incinerators are triggered they may detect the rapid increase of thermal energy and send a team to check it out at least … I don't know if that would be of any use though I was thinking, the artifact in section four might be easier to recover from here by passing some security, the others should be contacting us soon enough ...”

Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:23 am

Vidailia smiles at Olivia, hurrying to the scientist once she sees her. "Thought I told you to get to the shuttle and let me handle this?" she asks. "So, are you saying we can set a trap of sorts? Rig these to go off and draw them all here?" she asks. "While we hide somewhere else and then slip past them and grab the artifact and then hitch a ride?"

The agent seems to consider it for a moment, studying the layout of the room. "Could work. I'm sure it would be better than doing nothing at all. Make it happen." She gestures towards the consoles, ready to let the scientists do their job before she heads off towards the artifact. "We just gotta find a place to hide and let them all pass."

Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:46 pm

“Funny that … the only means to leave is there drop ship. There are other ships at other hangers bu as soon as we try to power up the docks they'll set upon us before we have so much time to run through a flight check. Something needs to distract them from checking things out at the very least. I've sent the other two to rig up a little something ...”

Another of the scientists, a four armed reptilian creature she had only a passing familiarity with. He was small, about her size, and wore a lab coat. Agent Losev was responsible for him defecting from the Adda people, very unusual seeing how most were so fanatical but this one got to questioning things to much and even assisted the agent. For a time he had been at the ADD base until being assigned her, still affiliated with the organization.

Quad … perhaps that was his name.

“The trash chutes from section four are too small for humanoids to transverse,” the Adda were not good with tech and their scientists were often leagues behind the norm for the warrior minded Adda. Perhaps he was a runt and that made his decision to defect easier or perhaps he had a real knack at it.

“You'll have to deploy this machine to go up one of the chutes and disarm a few things to let you in,”
he explained reaching into a pocket to show her a small palm sized droid that used repulsors, obviously nothing he had made but had an rudimentary understanding of it.

“Assuming that they are intelligent they should only deploy a few ...”
he struggled with a word that was still unfamiliar to him, “droids but I am sure if they are dealt with a larger team may be deployed so you could avoid more or take them out in smaller numbers.”

The Adda had some working knowledge of guerrilla tactics at least, more so then the other scientists. Olivia was regarding her for a moment though. “The incinerators may take about five minutes or so to generate enough heat where it's noticed that they are in use. I'm unsure if the droids will even acknowledge it but I doubt we can lure them all to my lab to disable them and in will take me a fair amount of time to generate more grenades assume we can get the supplies though each seem to be viable. Another thing we could do is essentially blind them by turning everything on with a power switch we can find.

“Some things are likely to draw their attention and others will be ignored but a scattering of their numbers will make them easier to deal with overall.”

Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:33 am

Emilla frowns, looking towards Olivia for a moment. "Their ship? That's it?" she asks. "No way to delay or perhaps detach the docks? Make sure that they have a hard time getting to use while we power things up?" It doesn't seem too likely that that idea would work though and instead she finds herself somewhat stuck with Quad. She looks down at the four armed alien, nodding her head as she listens to him.

The small droid is taken from him, turned over in her hand and examined. "Right then...so, your plan." she says, looking towards Olivia. "Is to spread them out through the station, after I've retrieved the artifact, let me take care of them in small groups, and then try and get you all to their drop ship?" she asks. "Do I have that correct?"

Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:16 pm

“I suppose it is possible to limit some of their numbers ...” a scientist added … “if one could get to the security control room there are emergency shutters that can seal off the hangers in the event of damage. It probably wouldn't hold them for long but from my understanding a lot of them are at that hanger and section four. That may delay them long enough to power up another dock but we would still have some of the others to deal with.”

Another chimed up after a moment. “We could shut them off and power up the two other functional hangers simultaneously to further split their remaining forces ...”

Quad had an idea but it seemed too far fetched and had a low success rate seeing how they had only 1 combat trained individual.

“Yeah, dismissing all that right now that's the plan. The droid can go up the chute and with the simplest com can be directed to open various doors and other security systems. Doctor Jacobs has security clearance to some of the sealed sections and can input certain commands that will be recognized by the droid.

“I recommend that some of us get to the security control room from there we can remotely control the droid to assist you and even hinder them and assist you. If you recall from my map though there were two droids at the security station one of the only other place other then the hanger and section four”

Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:58 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next