View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Making the Grade (For Vera) 

Post Re: Making the Grade (For Vera)
"I see," Vera replied simply as she rose to her feet. She walked over to the bookshelf and looked over what was available. Besides the tomes, there were some books on the supernatural she had collected during her time in Shokushu. Tiffany was not the only student who had tried to search for answers on their own. It was unfortunate that learning the truth is in some ways worse than remaining ignorant.

"The books I have on the supernatural do not really mention witchcraft," the silver haired woman stated. She ignored the tomes for now. Tiffany would have to show direct interest in those if Vera was to talk about them. The tomes were off limits as they were assigned to her by the school itself. Also, the tomes were not in any common language and would not be readable to someone of Tiffany's background.

"You can borrow these books as they are mine. But, I feel you are better off checking out a book from the library. Reading on history and folklore of that time period would benefit you more," Vera continued, "Then again, your audience will most likely not know the in depth lore that is witchcraft during the times of Macbeth."

"I will do my best to attend the play when it shows. I am certain you will perform admirably."

Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:29 pm

"Thank you, Ms. Matsumoto. It would be an honor to perform for you."

Tiffany eyed the heavy tomes which appeared to have no writing printed on the spines and which Vera made a point of utterly ignoring.

"Wow... those ones are beautiful. So classical and ornately bound. They look kind of old... are they first editions or something?"

Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:02 pm

"I do not know," Vera answered simply as she pulled out a tome. She opens it briefly, showing the text was nothing but runes that did not match any languages Tiffany may have seen or heard of. "I know they are very old according to various dating methods. The language is unknown and no correlations with any current or ancient languages have been found."

Vera closed the tome and put it back on the shelf. "They are priceless so it is not for the student body to checkout. I cannot let you borrow these tomes. They would not help you with what you are looking for anyway."

The tomes did stand out so it was not too strange for Tiffany to single them out. These were shelves the blonde woman had cleaned in the past so there were multiple opportunities to catch her eye. Of course, if this woman somehow was able to read what the tomes contained, it would inform Vera and Shokushu that Tiffany was another potential or magically gifted student. Of course, that was unlikely in the Head Girl's eyes. But, stranger things have certainly occurred on this island. Alien guests and entities did like changing students to make things more complicated.

"My apologies, the books I have are probably of no use to you," Vera stated, "If there is nothing else you wish to ask about, we both have classes to prepare for."

Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:31 pm

Tiffany looked at the tomes with great interest and listened intently as Vera described them. Were those symbols similar to the ones in HER book? She thought they might be...

Still, since Vera seemed anxious to get back to work... not to mention the fact that the head girl would not tolerate tardiness on Tiffany's part... Tiffany took her cue to leave.

"As you say, Ms. Matsumoto. Thank you again for your hospitality."

Tiffany turned toward the door and started back for the dorms. She had a LOT to think about...

Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6