View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:28 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 A Surprise (Kanoe) (DORMS/COMPLETED) 

Post A Surprise (Kanoe) (DORMS/COMPLETED)
A dull thud of a of a heavy object hitting wood sounded through the dorm room, belonging to the young witch known as Kanoe. The object was a thick and leatherbound tome, the cover emossed with flowing silver script. The old and cracking surface smelled of age, and it was a pleasing aroma, like the smell of a fine wine that had been aged for a century. The metallic filligree letters read, "Magick: Works and Rituals". It was from the restricted section of the library of course, and it would have been impossible for a student to acquire without getting sent to the basement a few times, but, then again, Siolazar was hardly a student, was it?

Slowly grabbing the plain brown wrapping paper from the small bag that it had brought, the shadowling began to enclose the tome within its folds. A single piece of thin rope was wrapped around it in a bow fashion, and after a few moments, the deed was done. Pulling out a piece of parchment, a quill, and an inkwell from the bag as well, the shadowling began to write a note.

"To Miss Kanoe: Greetings once more miss. It is a pleasure to have found your room here. I told you I would I do believe. However, I am not here to invade your privacy, or make you feel unsafe. There is a parcel on the table that I do believe that you may find use for. Call it an apology. Farewell. -Siolazar"

The shadowling quickly stole off to the bed, resting atop it in a pool. It had been a tiring affair, stealing that book from the library. It would rest, and wait for the girl to come back and open her parcel. Would she be appreciative, Siolazar wondered, or shocked and scared?

Profile = Siolazar, Shadowborn

Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:07 pm
Profile YIM

For once, classes went rather unhindered for Kanoe. Majority of her teachers and professors had grown tired of keeping her after class for uniform violations. So besides the usual scoldings, the young witch was left alone. The lock on her dorm room door made a soft click as she finally returns from her daily classes. Her room was dark as usual, only a bit of light that penetrated the small cracks in her blind covered windows illuminated the room or perhaps made the room look darker with the small slivers of light. The light from the hallway provided enough illumination for Kanoe to see the candle on her table. A soft word leaves her lips as she snaps her fingers, a flame sparks to life on the candle.

The soft orange glow of the flame did little to repel the darkness. Kanoe did not mind, it was enough to read her books when she sat at the table. Her eyes gaze over at her bed. The room was too dark for her to notice a patch of darkness on her bed. Her eyes fell to her large tome still resting on her bed. She was always paranoid about her books, particularly that one. It was her first tome that set her on the path of witchcraft. The young woman removes her black vest and notices something different as she sets her vest on a chair around the table. The center of her table had a red pentagram which she uses for her rituals but, a small parcel with a letter rested on top of it.

Kanoe did not exactly freak out as she had been attacked in her room before. She whispers a few soft words, snapping her fingers a few more times as three other candles lit up. The room was still dim but slightly more illuminated now. The young woman took a moment to searching through her dorm room but failed to notice anything else different. Someone broke in and left this for her? She returns to the table and begins reading the letter. Siolazar, the shadowy creature that did an 'experiment' on her. Out of the monsters she encountered, this one was one of the few that did not completely destroy her body and mind. It did not seem to be it's intentions at all, more it gathered what it wanted and left her. Now, it was giving her a gift as well as an apology? Being raped by a monster was not exactly something you could forgive. But, this would be the first time a monster did such a thing.

The young witch gently undoes the thin rope and removes the wrappings from around the gift. It was a rather old tome. She was unsure how a being made of darkness had something like this. Kanoe briefly opens the book, glancing over a page before closing it. It seems legit, an actual tome of rituals. Seems she has something else to study for afternoon.

Kanoe lays the book back down on the table and moves to her closet. She had slipped off her shoes and unbuttoned her blouse as she began changing to something a bit more comfortable. The young woman removes her black and red uniform and slips on a long flowing black robe. The witch lets out a satisfied sigh as pulls her long braid out from under her robes and lets it fall to rest against her back. Now in the proper attire, Kanoe returns to the table and begins reading the thick tome of rituals.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:38 pm

So, she had found the tome of rituals. The shadowling sat pooled on the bed still, watching as she changed into the flowing black robe, and her long hair was kept back by the silver clasp. She looked very beautiful as she sat there and studied the tome of rituals that she shadowling had so costly procured. It would take her a while to digest the whole book, but it doubted that she could do it in a single sitting. It would wait until she was done with it before it spoke to her again.

Until then, it would make do with learning of it's surroundings. It peered around the room, taking note of the area. The flickering flame of the candle did little to help its search, but it was enough. Siolazar could peer through the darkness easily enough. The accoutrements of a witch were scattered about, and the shadowling chuckled. Perhaps this is where she got her 'mana' and used it on these primitive spells. Perhaps, with a little bit of help, Siolazar could help her do bigger ones, in exchange for some samples now and again.

Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:42 pm
Profile YIM

Kanoe sighs softly as she grabs a smaller book and leaves it open beside the tome she was reading. She had to learn how to translate the script nearly on her own. Some of it was languages that have been dead for some time while others could only be called the language of magic itself. The small book had much of her notes on the scripts. At most points she has to just compare similarities in the symbols. It was long, it was tedious and very tiring. Hence why she has yet to finish even studying the first tome she has found. Being self taught also left many variables and made alot of her attempts at higher circles to be rather unstable and more dangerous to herself. Such things never deter her from continuing her studies though.

The afternoon began to grow late. The sun setting as the pale slivers of light from her window turn a soft orange similar to the candlelight. She needed a break. The young witch leaves her books where they were and rises from her seat. Kanoe walks over to the kitchen. This time she actually flicks on a lightswitch, illuminating one of the rooms in the pale electrical light. She has not gotten far in the tome yet. It was more she was still figuring out just how to read the script and text properly. It was similar to her other tome which was a relief. She was not sure how she would handle translating from scratch again, alot of long nights that was.

Kanoe prepares a hot cup of tea and makes herself a plate of slices of cheese, various meats and an apple. She returns to the dimly lit main room and sat down across from her books. Moving a few flasks and vials, the young witch cleans off a spot on the table for her to eat her small meal. Though it was a break, she was still running various languages through her head as she tries to figure out what she has read so far.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:01 am

Siolazar continued to watch the girl as she translated the scripts, and it pondered quietly to itself. Should it make the offer to the girl? It could definitely be good to try and analyze this 'mana' that she had. Some of it was contained in her juices that it had stowed away in the bottle. It's equipment was sophisticated enough to know that. Hm. It would, for the worst thing that it could do was turn her down. It would speak to her softly, not wanting to alarm her.

"I see that you are enjoying your book. I had hoped that you would find use for it. It took me quite a while to get it out of the restricted section. Though, I wouldn't suggest that you make any mention of having it. Wouldn't want you sent to the basement after all.

The shadowling still sat on the bed, quivering slightly as it did so. It watched the girl for her reaction, which would undoubtedly be unique. It waited for a scream, and expected one quite frankly. Though, it would think that it may be used to it's presence, since it had been watching her every day for the past week and a half.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:11 am
Profile YIM

Kanoe gasps sharply as she looks up towards the source of the soft voice. The woman was already out of her chain a few steps back as she gazes toward the bed. She could recognize that emotionless voice anywhere. At first, she saw nothing but her book and darkness. Then for a moment a part of the darkness seemed to shimmer and move slightly.

Hearing it's words, she realizes the book was stolen. Restricted section? So this school was hiding things as well? But, that puts in her in a poor position as well. If she keeps the book, what was going to stop Siolazar from turning her in or hold that as a bargaining chip? It did mention about being sent to the basement, a place she heard the worst offenses were taken care of. There was no way to know what this emotionless blob of shadow's intentions were.

"Is that a threat?" Kanoe replies coldly, "And why did you bring that book to me?"

Kanoe could remember all to clearly what this thing could do to her. She was not sure if there was a range or not. Before, she did not even see the thing before she found herself bound and under it's control. The young witch kept her guard up but made no attempt to run to the door that was behind just yet.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:23 am

The soft voice chuckled and the shadowling allowed itself to take a humanoid shape on the bed, sitting there on the edge. A rather expressionless face formed and stared at Kanoe, slightly perplexed that she did not scream. Perhaps she was braver than Siolazar had thought. Nevertheless, it wasn't going to make any aggressive movements towards her.

"Hardly Kanoe. I wouldn't threaten. You know I'm capable of, and if I wanted something, I would have taken it already. And the book is to help you with your studies. I've been following you for a while, and your old book is nowhere near good quality enough to do anything impressive. So, I got you that book."

Siolazar got up and began to walk around the room, and it approached Kanoe, slowly getting close to her. As it was perhaps 2 feet away, it stopped, looking her over. The robe clung to her figure rather nicely, leaving quite a bit to the imagination, but her luscious orbs still pushed out the front. Siolazar remembered those quite vividly. It made no other move than to stand there and look at her.

"Tell me Kanoe. Do you like it?"

Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:27 am
Profile YIM

Her eyes narrow as she hears Siolazar laughing at her. The inky darkness rose and took a more humanoid shape though it lacked any definition or traits besides an expressionless face. Kanoe's temper was telling her to destroy the thing but she had more sense than that. What few attack spells she knew would more than likely have no effect on a shadow creature such as this. Hearing it say nonchalantly how it could take her if it wanted was not helping her like this monster anymore. The young witch bit her tongue as it dared to mention her other tome. It wasn't the fact it was poor quality. More it was too good a quality. It would be like a preschooler trying to read a college level book, though she would never admit her current level to be that low.

This time, she could see the shadowy creature approach her. It could be trying to gain her trust or maybe showing that she could do nothing to stop him. Kanoe found herself stepping backwards until her back made contact with the door. The shadow was a mere two feet from her. The creature emitted no heat and blocked the light from the table. A looming form of darkness before her. The young witch could read nothing from the emotionless stare of Siolazar.

"I...I have only begun translating it," She answers softly, "It takes time to understand the language it's written in and even more to figure out how to pronounce the words"

Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:41 am

The shadowling nodded, keeping it's current distance from the girl. It's head tilted a bit, and pondered. She was just beginning to translate it? Hm. That meant she didn't really know the language, or much about the craft perhaps. Maybe something else would be in order...a primer for translation perhaps? Siolazar swayed back and forth as it thought, but stayed still. A few more questions.

"Tell me Kanoe. What do you know of the craft? And just how far have you progressed in your studies of the art? I am eager to know, for I may be able to assist you. I may not seem like much, but I am quite knowledgeable. Call it a bargain of sorts if you would like."

The shadowborn chose to keep out what the cost of it's bargain would be purposefully, letting the girl think about what it could possibly want. It knew exactly what it wanted, and that was more test samples of the mana that she has. Nothing large, just some samples. It took another step forward, now within arms reach of her, but it made no other movements, staring into her eyes with it's own, it's expressionless eyes windows to it's soul.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:59 am
Profile YIM

The creature before her swayed, like it was being manipulated by the flickering candle light. Kanoe had a bad feeling she was going to be used in another one of it's experiements. More questions were asked. The being was interested in her magic now? It only asked a question or two about her power on their last encounter. The being was able to see her aura as did some of the other magically inclined monsters. Was it going to feast on her mana like the other did? The young witch seemed to be trying to sink further against the door as Siolazar moves in closer.

"Only a few spells at the most. Any attempt to cast a higher circle spell usually ends out of control," Kanoe says reluctantly, "It took me years just to learn how to read a few pages of the book and learn basic channeling which even that is unstable at times."

Kanoe was not giving this information willingly. She just wasn't a fool. If she tries to hold back data, this creature will no doubt do anything to extract it from her. It was only a hunch but seeing the emotionless and nonchalant attitude of Siolazar, she can say it was a pretty good one. The witch had no reason to doubt the shadow's knowledge. Though she was unsure why it was gathering so much information, this being could have lived for centuries gathering various bits of data. But, it was still a monster and it knew how to make her body tick which troubles her to no end.

"A bargain generally involves both parties giving up something of value," She continues coolly.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:11 am

The shadowling smiled inside. She wasn't a fool indeed. It saw how reluctant she was, and this proved how far along she was, along with her words. She was naught but a novice, and had a long way to go before she could do anything really potent. Though, perhaps that was a blessing in disguise. That meant that she could use it's knowledge, and would be far more receptive to it's intentions, and it meant that she could not use many spells to hurt it. This was getting better and better as it went on.

"Why do you look so uncomfortable Kanoe? I told you before, I'd ask before I did anything else to you. And if you denied me, I would go.

The shadowling was perhaps an inch or two away from her now, but it was careful not to touch her in the slightest. It peered at her, and gave a small smile. Hands were kept at it's side, and it only leaned over slightly, whispering in her ear.

"That is, unless you want me to give you those feelings again. But even then, you must tell me that you want them. I won't hurt you."

Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:26 am
Profile YIM

Kanoe was not feeling very comfortable being interrogated by this creature. An expressionless and emotionless being was impossible to read. She had no way of knowing what was going on in this shadow's mind. It said it will not do anything to her. Might as well be a wolf telling a rabbit it was not going to eat him. Truth or not, this rabbit was nervous. The young witch could feel her heart pounding as it moves even closer. It's body blocked all the light. Just the faint flickering glow of the candles around her peripheral vision was the only reminder that there was a sentient shadow looming over her.

She felt like she was in the darkness of the abyss as Siolazar leans over some to whisper into her ear. It's voice sent shivers down her spine. Kanoe felt like a cornered prey. The woman did not dare move. She did her best to remain her calm composure through the tension she was feeling.

"I don't want to feel anything," She replies evenly, "And you still have not spoke of your intentions."

Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:38 am

As the girl spoke, the shadowborn noted her fear, her posture revealing all it needed to know about the situation. Siolazar nodded slowly and melted away into nothingness, recollecting it's form into a pool at the girls feet. Slowly and languidly, it slid back towards the bed, and it flowed upwards along it like some sort of backwards waterfall of midnight. It rested on the bed and quivered a bit, thinking. A rather ephemeral hand formed, and patted the spot on the bed next to it, beckoning for the girl to sit.

"Come, sit and we can discuss it. I won't lay a hand...well, anything on you."

What did it want from her exactly? Well, it obviously wanted the mana that the girl had, but it didn't want to just drain her dry of the stuff. What other purpose? She was exceptionally beautiful, but Siolazar had little use for such things. Perhaps...well, perhaps it could lure other students to it so that it could experiment on them. It was always easier that way, when it had an accomplice. Yes, that would work.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:52 am
Profile YIM

The darkness shrinks down into a pool before her feet. She could see the rest of the once more but she was not caring about the light at the moment. Kanoe watches as the pool of shadow slide across the floor and over to her bed. Siolazar beckons her to sit and only then did she realize she had been holding her breath the entire time. She could not help but sigh in relief as she finally moves away from the door. The young witch moves as far as the table before stopping for a moment.

The book was a gift of apology so she had nothing to owe the creature. But, at the same time it was a rather sensitive book that apparently Shokushu had hidden. If word should slip out that she has it... She chose not to think about that further. The being was beyond her capabilities and could very well take her right here right now if it should. But, it's not. It's giving her choices on everything. Was this trust or manipulation? Kanoe chose to focus on the fact if she refuses, it will simply make her do what it wishes. A bit naive assumption but it was enough to get her legs moving. The young witch takes a seat where she thinks the pool of darkness ends.

"Fine," She says coolly, "I'm listening."

Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:04 am

As the girl sits, the pool of shadow quivered and a chuckling sound could be heard. She wasn't good at approximating where the creature began and ended. She had sit right on top of part of it. It pulled itself out from under her slowly, some of itself having pushed against the robe against her nether regions a bit.

"There we are. Now that you aren't sitting on me any longer, we can speak. Now, you are a practictioner(murdered the spelling) of something that I know of, but do not understand, and am much less capable of. I am interested in what you are truly capable of with your spells and mana. You will provide me with small samples of it every so often, and in exchange, I will get you knowledge and books to assist you in your studies."

The deal sounded very fair to the shadowborn, since the girl seemed to want to learn about the craft, and it wanted to know what it could do with this strange potential resource. If it could harness this mana, it could use it to power it's devices, or perhaps find a new form of energy to use.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:35 am
Profile YIM
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next