View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:19 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Two Lost Souls Swimming In A Fish Bowl (For Ally) (Done) 

Post Two Lost Souls Swimming In A Fish Bowl (For Ally) (Done)
A dull pain from sleeping on tiles greeted Violett as she woke up. She went to sleep in her bed... So why did she wake up on the floor of the dorm lobby.

How much time had passed?

When she'd woken up enough to think, she realized nothing made sense.

This was not Violett's bed, and this was not what she was wearing when she went to sleep... A large orange t-shirt and a pair of red panties, both with "Nice Labs" written on them? She didn't even own those things...

Her hair seemed to have grown a few inches, and a thin layer of dust coated the lens of her glasses.

Slowly, she looked around, cleaning her glasses with the shirt that she supposed was hers now.

The dorm lobby was familiar, but she had a chilling feeling she'd find things had changed in however long she'd lost.

Rising to her knees, she closed her eyes and started singing quietly, on a whim that may or may not have been her own.

"So... So you think you can tell... Heaven from Hell..."

Last edited by Violett Small on Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:50 am

Post Re: Two Lost Souls Swimming In A Fish Bowl (For Ally)
Some information may do some good to find out about the place. She had little idea of where everything is so maybe if someone from the lobby directed her to the library, she'd be able to find a map of some sorts.

But entering the lobby seemed dangerous too. It was good thing she was paying at least slight attention, because she almost tripped over...a student?

Her foot gets caught, but she twists her body to side-step and get back on her balance. She sighs with relief, but turns quickly to a very small girl. Blinking in hesitation, she quickly gets down and lifts the girl back to her feet.

"Now what's with you laying on the floor like that?" she asks bewildered, mostly by her appearence.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:44 am

Violett smiled shyly, blinking a couple times.

"Would you believe I don't know? I... I just... I was here. I'm just glad you didn't ask about the singing."

Suddenly blushing, Violett quickly curtsied. "I.... I'm sorry, it took me a minute to realize you were a stranger and not just a friend I didn't recognize. I'm Violett Small, and I'm not very good with mysteries... But I'm sure theres going to be an interesting story behind this once I figure out what it is... I... I'm talking too much, I do that when I'm nervous, and this is weirder than usual...."

Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:53 am

She blinked a couple of times to the curtie this Violett girl did. That looked like something her mother would've taught her if she hadn't bluntly put that European Manners had long since died.

She remains steadfast in her standing, letting go of the girl when she was sure she could stand. The girl talked quite a bit and left her confused slightly about mysteries. What was there to figure? She probably partied with friends in the lobby and passed out drunk. That's a reasonable theory.

"That's all I am is just a stranger. I'll be going now. Try not to sleep on the floor where people can trip next time," she says quickly and steps aside to go passed her. What was she doing? Ah yes, directions to the library.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:51 pm

Violett sighed.

"I'm sorry for wasting your time... Maybe I should go with you wherever you're going,to make up for it? That way if anything bad catches up to us, you can just run and I'll let it catch me instead."

Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:43 pm

"Excuse me?" she questions, stopping completely. That really confused her to no end. What in the world did she mean by something catching the two of them.

"What in the world are you talking about now? And who would say I would run away if something came? What nonsense is this?" she asks, blinking with narrow eyes. The girl must've been delirious or something. Perhaps being drunk took her to new miles of hangovers and she was hallucinating. She turns around fully, still having that serious/confused expression.

"I don't know what in the world your going on about. I happen to be new here, just came today and have already met another girl who talks about strange things like you have. What's going on?"

Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:47 pm

Violett's jaw dropped open. She forced a nervous smile, twiddling her thumbs.

"Um... You're new here, right?"

Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:56 pm

"I have already said that, haven't I? What does that have to do with what's going on around here? No one seems to want to give me a straight answer or anything," she explains, quirking a brow to her nervousness.

"Is there something I should know about?"

Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:01 pm

"Um... um..."

Violett wracked her brain for an explanation. Something normal, something that would make it obvious that there were dangers but wouldn't make her look crazy.

"Bees!" she blurted out unconvincingly. "Really big bees, really angry! I got stung once, my hand looked like a volleyball for two weeks!"

SHIT.

So much for that idea.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:12 pm

"You lie horribly," she puts bluntly, flicking hair behind her shoulder, "If you had any respect for me, you could've at least lied better to make even a little convincing," she adds, quirking an annoyed brow to Violett.

"If you have nothing more then to spout lies to me, I think we should part here."

If she was truly going to lie about what was going on, she could've at least put a better story up. She found it insulting to her intelligence that she expected her to believe such a thing as bees. You could drive trucks through the holes in that story, if it could be called such a thing.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:04 am

Violett sighed, shaking her head.

"If I told you the truth, you'd think I was crazy.... Crazier than you already do."

She latched onto the stranger's arm, a look of desperation on her face.

"Can we just call it a problem with wild animals and let you use me as a decoy so if you find out what it really is you'll at least have what happens to me as a warning rather than finding out the really, really hard way?" she pleaded.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:23 am

"Why are you so willing to sacrafice yourself for me? I don't udnerstand what your trying to do, but your honestly confusing me to the brink," she states, pulling on the arm wrapped in Violett's grip.

"The hell I'll runaway and leave you in something like that. I may be cold, but I'm not a bitch."

Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:26 am

Violett blushed, shaking her head.

"That... That's really nice of you... But when you see it, remember I'll understand if yo change your mind. They don't kill you... I guess that's a good thing..."

Letting go of the arm, she held out a hand. "I'm Violett Small... Sorry I can't think of a less depressing way to offer to help you..."

Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:34 am

"And yet you still go on about some nonsense," she grummbles with a frustrated sigh. This girl, Violett, was becoming rather annoying with her lies and outrageuous stories.

"You have absolutely no reason to help me anyways. I've done nothing for you and therefore you owe nothing to me," she says simply and begins to turn away.

"As small as you are, you'd be more able to escape in the first place. I wouldn't let myself get caught without reason at least."

Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:39 am

Violett scurried up to the other girl's side, shaking her head.

"You nearly tripped over me. I need to make that right. I... I just..."

She looked away.

"There are monsters out there. That's the honest answer. I know how that must sound, and here I am with no pants... But you wanted the truth, right?"

Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:46 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next