View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 08, 2024 3:01 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Chemistry Accidents (Allumentte) 

Post Chemistry Accidents (Allumentte)
Kanoe sighs in slight annoyance as she reaches back and ties her long raven black hair in a pony tail. Slipping an apron over her uniform, the student was ready for another lab in Chemistry. It was one of the few classes that held some interest in the dark witch. At least this one does something beyond simple boring lectures. Alchemy and rituals tend to do similar acts of mixing various powders and fluids. She was not fond of tying back her hair but with so many bubbling flasks and vials along with the use of burners, it a was better to be safe. The student heads for her own table while the rest of the class finishes their own preparations and does the same. The lab was simple enough, involving how heat effects certain elements and liquids.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:49 am

Post Re: Chemistry Accidents (Allumentte)
Chemistry was interesting to an extent. But having lab partners never pleased the anti-social Ally. Especially with some snively little girl that had trouble written all over her. But as irony would have have it, the the less then controlled anger of Ally's was pushed with the class clown, or at least that's what she thought of the woman.

Already the class had been partnered up, and Ally already had thin patience as it was. These skirts and shirts were far too small for her liking and left her tugging at the him of the skirt everytime she sat down. And already the girl next to her was letting her reuptation proceed her by asking questions.

"So where are you from? Is your hair natural? Are you the newest girl here?"

Hands begin to shake into fists. This girl jsut wouldn't shut up for a few seconds. She knew what would happen if she let her anger get the better of her. As much as she wanted to keep control, her powers were already exceeding with her emotions, slowly slipping to the beaker ifnront of them. Please just make the girl be quiet so she could think straight. But to no avail, she began to spout nonsense and even went so far as to ask one question that was way out of line. Was she a virgin?

The beaker suddenly imploded, scattering glass around the desk but none were sharp enough to cut skin. It sent the girl backing off, but so did the rest of the class it seemed. The teacher took quick notice and rushed over to inspect the damages.

"What in the world were you two adding to that?! Class, out! For all we know, there could toxic fumes from the beaker," the teacher says and is the first one to leave the scene and classroom. Her chemistry partner left quickly as well, but she stayed put. The teacher was as thick-headed as he looked, not even noticing if there were students who had or had not left the scene of the accident. She knew what had caused the minor explosion and sat there with her head down.

"...damnit..." she cursed fully. Such an emberrassment to elt her anger push her to such lengths. this time no one was hurt, but who knew about next time.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:07 am

Kanoe's partner knew better to attempt any sort of conversation with her. She already has a reputation of being as cold as ice. If the student keeps silent, she will pass, simple as that. Unfortunately, the dark witch could hear one of the more annoying students going on and on about useless things. She was not even her partner and she was still annoying her. Sighing softly, she continues with her own projects.

She felt a slight sensation tingle along her skin as she works. The witch found herself experiencing the feeling occasionally while on the island. Since living with Clarice, she found it was a sort of magical sense almost an instinct. Someone was channeling mana nearby. Was it a monster? The young woman had no real way of knowing. Shaking her head slightly, she returns to her work.

The feeling continues to grow and suddenly spikes as she hears a crash from another table. Her eyes along with everyone elses immediately look over to see shattered glass and fluids all over the table. Of course the teacher was the first to overreact, already leaving the room rather than guiding his students first. Hmph, he did not matter. As students began to filter out of the classroom, Kanoe notices another young woman still sitting at the desk. This student did not flee along with the others at the sight. Could be that this one mixed poorly but that would not explain the strange feeling she had. Whatever it was, it was safe to say this one was the cause.

The woman looked attractive. The fair skin and silvery blue skin had a sort of purity to Kanoe's eyes. Much like what she sees in the golden hair of her own lover. Letting a long sigh leave her lips, Kanoe begins making her way towards the door. She passes behind the woman only to stop briefly.

"It's best not to use your powers in public here," She says softly, "It can attract attention you would not like."

Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:41 am

It was bad enough she felt horrible for letting her powers escape while she was angry, now some dark woman was was giving her small lecture and left her even more aggravated. With eyes slammed shut she suddenly pushes her chair from behind her and narrows her eyes at the girl. She would seem angry, but that should be expected. Still annoyed by the girl who hadn't stopped babbling until the end, she holds up her index finger infront of the dark-haired student.

"I don't need your input. Keep aggravating me and I won't be responsible for what happens," she says lowly while gathering her books. She failed to realize if the woman was actually giving some advice or not and certainly wouldn't have made such a sinister threat, but when her restraint reached its limits she lashed out at anyone she considered annoying. It was unfortunate the other student was the closest target. But perhaps it wasn't truly a threat, but a warning. With her anger spiked like this she honestly didn't wish to to involve her involved in her less then manageble control.

"I can't help what happened. I have no control over it," she says firmly, stating that she hadn't intentionally used her powers in such a manner, it just happened.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:39 pm

"Then it is best to learn how to and soon," She replies coldly, "Some things here are attracted to those who have above average amounts of mana."

Her eyes narrow at the woman's reaction. She had half the mind to strike the brat for such a reaction to her advice. Kanoe knew just what sort of things magic can attract, though some have a small amount of benefit...a rather small amount. The witch could simply say something about controlling one's emotions but, she has been failing that herself. Dark powers seem to feed off such emotions.

"Take my advice however you wish," She sighs, "It would be a pity for someone with potential to disappear."

Shrugging slightly, she removes her apron and tosses it onto an empty chair. Though the labs are interesting, the teacher was useless. He will take his time before resuming class again. The young witch's uniform was different from the standard Shokushu colors. The skirt and blouse were a more conservative size and were more of blacks and reds rather than the usual blues and whites. Removing her hairtie, she lets her long black hair fall back behind her shoulders as she walks for the door.

"Well seems there is no point in staying in class today," She says softly, "Suppose your...outburst has some use."

Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:10 pm

Her anger was rising again, having the woman talk more and more about what she already knew. Except her first stameent made her blink confusedly.

"What the hell is that suppossed to mean? What 'things'? Your making no sense to me," she replies just as coldly, huffing at the woman's lack of sense to stop talking nonsense. Whatever 'some things' she was referring to she seemed to think she knew what she was talking about. She clears her throat and exhales slowly at the last comment she made, glaring as coldly as she could to the woman, tightening her fists. She was ready to just punch the woman from behind. Negative emotions were rather catchy.

"I'm happy my discomfort became your happiness," he says with much heated sarcasm. It would be better to just say instead of acting. Even if she did hit the woman it wouldn't be very beneficial.

"Thank-you for stating quite a bit of the obvious by the way. I would've gotten some stupid help if I knew how to get it...stupid."

Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:26 pm

"And you stomping your feet and calling me names is suppose to help you regain control?" she replies sharply, looking back at the woman, "If you don't understand what I am saying, you will find out the hard way eventually. I already mention you should not channel in public if it can be avoided, do you think talking about in public is any better? Learn to ignore the powerless brats that drabble on about their useless lives."

This woman's ignorance was beginning to anger her. She could feel her own mana surging through her veins, boiling her blood. Perhaps she was being a bit vague and perhaps this student was new but, this was not the time nor the place to speak about the monsters and strange actions of some of Shokushu's staff. To discuss further would be too risky with students just outside the door. Kanoe wanted no further attention to magic nor herself if possible.

Her eyes widen slightly as she realizes her own power was flaring slightly, her hair gently rises off her shoulders as if there were a breeze in the room. Kanoe's hands were clenched into fists. The witch grew even more annoyed on how she let this woman push her like this. Gritting her teeth, she lets her eyes close and loosens her grip. Taking a slow breath, her hair came to rest on her back once more.

"Tch," She says in annoyance, "Do what you want."

She opens the door and steps out. Perhaps it was a bad idea to get involved with strangers. She was not as good with people as Clarice was.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:41 pm

"The hell do you care. It made me feel better, and now that I see your just as out of control as I am, I don't think you have much room to talk," she says quickly and gathers her things before following suit out of the room.

Seeing the woman flaring before her gave her the rush of excitement. For a moment she thought she was going to use her powers against her. That fight would be undecided if she couldn't control what she did and made them both explode or something.

Stepping out of the room, she blinked at the teacher discussing the terms of toxic gas and almost every student was doing something else then lsitening.

"Speaking of stupid..."

She scoffs and packs her things better in the small pack she brought to school. Tugging at her skirt for who knows how many times she makes her way off to the library. It was quiet, peaceful, not full of blabbering students like her partner was. She didn't even pay attention to where the dark-haired woman had gone, losing sight of her quickly when she finally thought about it. She probably went back to her room or something. Not that she cared.

Having finally foudn directions on which way she was suppossed to go, she soon enters the doors of the library and set her pack down on the table. She then directs herself to some reading, hopefully to ease the tension inside of her.

"Edgar Allen Poe would be nice..."

Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:01 pm

With some time till her next period, Kanoe had few options but to go hide out in the library. The witch did not carry a bookbag with her as she usually does not pay attention in most of her classes to bother with carrying such things. That and carrying her tomes would be too much of a risk. She could not help but feel more and more eyes on her as she attends the school. Her own paranoia perhaps.

Slipping in quietly, she began walking down the long rows of bookshelves. Her finger gently ran along the bindings of books, pondering what she should read to pass the time. Though sleeping in such a quiet and peaceful room would be pleasant, doing so for only half an hour to an hour would not be.

She hears the double doors open again. Probably the librarian going to or returning from an errand. That theory was quickly shot as she sees the woman from before setting her bookbag on the table. Kanoe's eyes narrow slightly but there was no point in approaching the woman. She was a spellcaster as well but to Kanoe this woman was nothing more than an ill mannered brat. It does not matter though. With that woman's mana, she would no doubt attract some wicked monster that will rape and drain her for what she's worth. Hmph, serves her right.

Looking away, she returns to searching for a book to peak her interests for the time being.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:24 pm

She turns a corner only to find the same dark-haired woman once again. Growling with annoyance and having no intention of avoiding an ignorant student, she walks passed her while she searches for a book. She keeps her eyes focused before her, not bending to look or curious to see what she was searching for.

"Nice to see you again," she spoke softly and left it at that. She wasn't going to argue unless the woman made another comment. Until then she would play nice, as if they hadn't just said cold things to eachother. No point in remanescing over what had been said. She sits down comfortably in a soft sofa chair, glancing upwards momentarily to the other student before her eyes fell to the book she had picked. Live Free or Die Hard.

She found it appropriate, especially with the company she had now. But she didn't seem to even hold a grudge against the woman, even if she had called her stupid. She still thought the same, but she wasn't one to start fights. She just ended them, most of time both enmies lost.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:34 pm

It matters little to her now. The woman has not interest in hearing what bits of knowledge she knows. It's disappointing that someone who clearly lacks any control whatsoever has no interest in a witch that at least is controlled enough to not shatter lab equipment around her. Outside of Shokushu, she was the only spellcaster she knew. She was not sure what attracts them to this island but, monsters seem to enjoy feasting on them as well. It would be a pity if such a talent were to suddenly be taken by a monster and broken before never ending rapes and mind games. The whole thing annoys her greatly but there was little she can do. Sighing softly, she found nothing of interest and heads for an empty table.

It was troublesome to try reading when in a sour mood. Her upside down cross necklace lightly clacks on the wooden table as she lays her arms and head on it. She will just get what rest she could before next class. It was unlikely she would get much rest tonight. Only way to grow is to keep studying.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:44 pm

"Don't tell me your letting me get to you already," she calls out, not looking up from her book. That probably wasn't the best way to start a conversation.

"I have little control over my powers and all, but even so...I still wish to learn, even if its extremely difficult. You seem to have some restraint in letting your magic escape. But I doubt you'd be interested in what I'm saying now...forget it."

She holds herself from asking for assistance from the woman. Asking for help after what she and the woman had just done? Even if she cared little about the past, the woman probably would hold a grudge against her now. Maybe she ahd unintentionally ruined her chance at finding somewhat of a teacher. Well that just goes to show how stupid she was. And yet she called the other woman stupid.

She wouldn't help herself after what she had said. Seems she would have to find another means of learning. But how to go about that was a different story. She ahdn't found anyone other then her friend back at her old school and she had little to teach her in the means of control. She gave a 'feh' to the thought, smiling at how she had destroyed the blachers. That was an accident itself, like all of her other incidents.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:56 pm

"You have little to do with what I am doing now," She replies simply, "I am merely passing the time till my next class. And if you have a desire to learn why are telling me to forget it?"

Kanoe does not raise her head, letting herself lay down on her folded arms. It was not very comfortable but it was all she could for now. Her magic usually does not escape except when she is attempting to channel it. She was not sure what to do with a woman who's mana vents from her body without the need for a spell. It's a problem that she may face herself as her own dark powers grow and continue to react to her emotions. Emotions, to think that would assist her powers. Being so cold hearted, was that really hindering her progress for so many years. Yet this woman was already at the stage where the mana that vents out can damage her surroundings. This woman could become much stronger than her. She frowns at the thought. The dark witch did not like to lose, even to her lover.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:05 pm

"Just as you said. I have little to do with your time. You seem rather busy," she states, raising her head to look at her. the woman was strange to talk like that. She had expected a snide remark or comment, something to make her feel at ease that she had done the right thing to push her away. But now the student seemed at leats slightly interested in her problem and it aggravated her greatly to know she had treated her badly before hand.

"I don't believe you have much intention of help me anyways. After what I had said I would think you would be crazy to accept it."

Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:19 pm

"Studying the powers of others can possibly help my own growth," She sighs, "We are rare and it would useless to let potential be wasted."

With the powers of humans suppressed on the island, Kanoe was almost as helpless as an ordinary human. Her spells could harm some monsters but usually she would burn out before the monster does. With more spellcasters at her side, perhaps enduring this school will be more managable. This woman's power interests her somewhat, at least to the point of not wanting it in someone else's hands or against her. It was selfish but she was willing to do about anything to gain more power for herself and to protect Clarice.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:27 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next