View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:36 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 It Starts With A Spell (Tani) 

Post It Starts With A Spell (Tani)
"Kanoe wake up!" the teacher hissed.

A rolled up ball of paper bounces lightly off Kanoe's head as she lays on folded arms over her desk. The witch stirs, her eyes opening slightly to see an angry teacher glaring down at her. Seems some of the instructors had enough of the woman's nonchalant attitude when it came to her classes. With a soft sigh, she pushes herself up and gazes at the teacher calmly.

"I've had enough of your attitude!" The teacher said harshly while pointing towards the door, "Wait outside till I time to deal with you."

The witch did not say anything as she rises to her feet. Leave the boring class, works for her. A pity it interrupted her nap though. Kanoe steps outside of the room and hears the door slam behind her. She had no interest in just standing here for the rest of class so after a couple of minutes she was already walking the halls. The student had time to spare before her next class, assuming she even bothers going. There were few places to hides and only two that held any feeling of solitude and comfort.

Kanoe steps out into the courtyard. There were paths leading to other entrances into the school along with benches here and there. At least out here she can practice a bit. Looking over at one of the many trees that dot the area, the witch began to chant softly. Shadows gather into a swirling orb in her hand which she then proceeds to throw at the tree. She held back as much as she could as the bolt bursts against the tree, causing flecks of bark to break off. Too big a spell would attract too much attention. She will merely practice her aim until something else peaks her interests.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:54 pm

Post Re: It Starts With A Spell (Tani)
It was amazing how deeply aggravated a teacher could be when a single student found her teachings dull. But it wasn't just one student who was sleeping in her class either, much else the poor dark haired woman was made an example to other sleepers in the classroom if they dare rest their head on the wooden desk again. As the small spat was ended with the student being sent out, the teacher returns to her lesson. Pity she failed to realize how she spoke to the class.

Tani felt as if her head would hit the desk any moment, and most of the time she had patience for dull-teaching 'professors' as she called them. But this was ridiculous, much like watching one of those movies. The teacher was so dull, one could swear the sky darkened through the blinds to seem foreboding. She sighs to herself as class came close to ending. All were assigned to start on their homework, but she ahd already completed the simple task long beforehand. Busying herself to keep from drifting off into slumber, she felt a pang in her gut when she ehard the teacher growl in annoyance once she opened the door. Alas, her target had dissapeared. Yet class was still going through, the student may escape her wrath.

"Tani Wrencher... are you finished with your homework?" Her tone was even more hair-pulling when she talked to you.

The new student blinks at the question, already assuming she was going to ask her to do something and nods slightly to her. She felt a pang in her stomach because she kenw it was have something to do with Kanoe.

"Yes ma'am."

"Since your done, I want you to go find Kanoe and bring to my class. Make sure she understands how in trouble she is."

Sighing at having to do the dirty work, Tani nods before getting up from her seat. How very fortunate to look like a teacher's pet she thought to herself as she left. She wasn't about to call out the student, it was obvious she wanted to get away from 'that' teacher, she couldn't blame her. But she did want to warn the woman about what may happen. Empty area after empty area she found neither a shred or a clue of where ehr fellow clasmate was. It was only until she was coming close to the courtyard did she feel a tingling sensation in the back of ehr neck. Someone was practicing magic...

Curiously following her small sense of direction to the courtyard. She wasn't very much paying attention to what was around her but more of what she was feeling. Turning a corner to trees, she sees the dark haired woman doing something with trees. When she realized it was magic, she blinks in utter surprise before stepping to her.

"Kanoe?" she calls out to her loudly.

Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:54 pm

The darkness bursts lightly against the trees causing a loud clack to sound through the courtyard. Her spells were weak enough that the continuous spells only put forth a light pressure on her hand from the backlash. The bolts were the size of a small soft ball as they continue to clash against the trees over and over causing bark to flake off little by little.

With her attention focused on her magic, Kanoe did not hear someone step out into the courtyard over the loud clack of her bolts colliding with bark. She channels once more and throws only to hear someone call out her name.

"Huh?"

The orb slips from her fingers and flies at an odd angle toward the trees. Her fear was realized as another student steps out into few. She did not think anyone else was going to be out here to see this. But that was not her only worry now. Kanoe's eyes widen as the orb grazes along the side of the tree and bounces off. Before the witch could even call out, the small ball of darkness flies straight for the other woman's head.

Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:18 pm

She smiles softly to the questionable 'huh' the woman uttered and stepped forward to explain what the teacher wanted to connive against her but stopped short when, what appeared to be, a dark orb of magic flying uncontrollably to the trees. Without so much as a blink the ball bounces off the tree it was targeted towards and hurls straight to her.

Eyes widen and upon instinct, a few soft, twirling strands of mana shoot from her back in order to absorb the impact. It was more of a defense mechanism in this case, but sadly, either her mana wasn't controlled enough, not strong enough or the spell was too powerful, it only made the hit lessen.

With a quick 'eep!' the strands disappear when the orb makes contact with her forehead. The sheer force of it to a tall girl like Tani sent her stumbling back to the outskirts of the courtyard and until finally the full force made her fall on her back. She may of tumbled two or three times, but of course she wasn't keeping count. The trip finally stops and Tani skids to a halt. She remains motionless on the ground.

The hit had sent her spiraling to the ground, it was a good thing her mana had tried to eat the magic bolts and that she was able to stumble back onto a soft landing. She wasn't an expert, but such a power may of caused a more devastating blow then just a long cut on her forehead and a small cut on the back of her head from the fall. A soft, weak groan escapes her lips as she tries to regain her senses from what had happened. A bolt Kanoe had thrown sent bark flying all over the place, it was amazing she still had her head attached to her shoulders. She slowly reaches to hold her head in the slight twinge of an oncoming headache. What a wallop of a spell, she was impressed. Too bad she had been practiced on.

"...oohhh... wh-what...?"

Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:12 am

Kanoe felt her insides cringe as the orb bursts against Tani's head. The witch had little care for majority of the students in the school but she did not like getting them involved in her magic much less use her spells against another ungifted student.

She runs over to the fallen student. The bolt was much weaker than her usual spells but that was not saying much. It was amazing the woman was alive. Kanoe lightly lifts the student's head. She had to do something about that cut but she did not have much to work with. The witch pulls out a small handkerchief and gently presses it on the long cut on the forehead. At least the woman was able to speak, that's good...she thinks.

"I..umm.." she didn't really know what to say, "I'm..I'm sorry. Are you..alright?"

She was already kicking herself from asking that. Of course the woman was not alright! Kanoe had just hit a student with a bolt of darkness.

"Lets get you to the nurse. Do you think you can stand?"

Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:25 pm

Still dazed from the blow, a blurry vision of Kanoe comes into her field of vision. She hadn't realized she was bleeding until she has her hand uncovered from her forehead. She watches with wide eyes as her hand goes down in front of her and sees crimson dripping from it. It didn't even hurt… she wondered if that was good or bad. But it wasn't as if she was mad at the student. It was a mistake. She was the one who called out to her after all.

"ACK!" she squeaks when a handkerchief rubs over the wound. Now the pain decides to come. She groans softly as she tries to stand, wobbly on her feet for the most part. She remembered being hit, but the rest was sort of a blur really. She chuckles in pain when Kanoe asks if she was alright. She knew she meant "Are you going to be alright" so she nods to it. But she had to lean against the dark witch for support. Oh the dizziness of it all.

"Y-yeah... I'm okay. I know i-it was an accident... thanks Kanoe." Her voice was cracked in places, as it was expected to be, the hint of a slurred tongue along with a Russian accent made her sound drunk in any case. But at least she got her point across, because there was little chance she would be able to speak without sounding like a stumbling idiot. She looks to her fellow student and nods with a smile. She was okay to walk to the nurse's office.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:36 am

She thought the student looked a bit familiar, perhaps was in one of her classes. It was not like the witch ever kept track of anyone beyond a small number of students in the school. Kanoe found the woman's reaction shocking to say the least. This student had just been blasted with the power of darkness and did not seem bothered by it beyond the obvious physical damage. The woman did not even seem scared by the fact an ordinary human was able to do such a thing.

Kanoe was not sure what sort of story she should make up as they slowly make their way to the nurse's office. Hopefully the nurse will not ask too many questions. But, would this woman play along or speak the truth? Ugh, how can this woman smile after nearly losing her head? She pushes open the door and guides the student into the office. She will just have to see what this woman has to say and go from there.

Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:08 pm

The walk was a bit sketchy at first, with little mobile control for Tani and most of the work pushed on the darker witch, they finally come to a halt in front of the nurse's office. Of course with a student having an arm slung around another coming into the place, most would think a fight had ensued. The nurse deliberately making a dramatic scene, asking what happened was to be expected.

"I tripped in the courtyard... she's just helping me get here," she says simply, wincing at her head somewhat for added effects to cut anymore questions off. It seemed to work and the nurse directs her to the bed with a circular form of curtains around it. It really didn't look any different then a hospital here... but frankly she was a bit nervous about it. Lying down while the frantic nurse runs off to get some ice, she sits up somewhat to make a better viewpoint to Kanoe.

"I don't honestly care about what happened... since it behind us and all. But I do have one question... how long have you been practicing? Because... that was amazing..."

Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:15 pm

The witch's eyes narrow at the nurse. Thought doctors and such are suppose to remain calm. Guess it should not be shocking to see such reactions in a school like this one. Kanoe did not show any reaction as the other student told what had happened. She follows the nurse as the student was layed down on one of the beds.

Watching the nurse run out in search of ice, Kanoe looks over briefly at the russian woman. The odd positive attitude was a bit disturbing but she lets it pass as the woman asked her question. The witch looks away slightly as she leans against a wall. Was this another gifted student? The woman did not seem shocked by getting hit by a bolt of darkness.

"Since I was a child," She answers, unsure how much she should reveal to this one.

Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:36 pm

She nods, regarding the woman's answer. Seems her excitement for meeting another magic user has gotten the better of her. Judging by Kanoe's withdrawal in the conversation, she assumed she was prying too much into her fellow student's life. Being a stranger and all, she calmly puts aside any more questions she had for later, if there were to be any later.

"Ah... I see. I'm sorry about startling you earlier. My name is Tani, a sort of newbie here."

She lies back down and politely thanks the nurse for the pack of ice placed on her head. But it was still cold! Her teeth chatter somewhat while she holds the ice pack in place until the nurse asks for it to be lifted. Her head was wrapped around with a bandage, leaving her lower face and the top of her scalp the only viewable point of her head. The nurse takes her leave to make a report. She sighs softly to herself and places the ice pack back on.

"I'm going to guess and say you’re a sophomore?"

Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:33 pm

"I suppose I am," She says softly.

It felt much longer than one year since she came to this island. This newbie, this Tani still has yet to know the horrors that lie here in the school, the dorms, and anywhere else she may ever be. Perhaps this woman will be one of the lucky ones and remain ignorant of what is really happening around her. But, the slight interest in magic will be that student's downfall. Kanoe had no doubt about that.

"My name is Kanoe," She continues, "You seem to be very calm despite nearly losing your head, no matter. Yes, I have been here for over a year. Do try to make the best of this place, even if it seems impossible."

She was not sure how she could even warn Tani about the things on the island. Would telling an outsider just bring more trouble? Maybe she should just stay quiet.

Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:19 am

She smiles and nods to Kanoe. Though she already knew her name, finding that not many freshmen were around here made her feel a little uneasy. She hadn't even seen any freshmen let alone met any. But none the less she kept her cool. It wasn't something that was so nerve wracking she would dwell on it. She chuckles and flexes her digits.

"I still have my head so what's there to fret for? Besides, I doubt you mean me much harm anyways. But I will take your advice to heart."

She watches the nurse come back in and speak. If she wasn't having any dizziness then she could leave or rest more. Tani politely turned down the offer of staying and slowly turns her body to the floor. The soft thud of her feet on the tiled ground added along with her sigh was msotly the only sound made.

Standing, wobbly at first, she looks to her fellow student and reassures her she was fine. She thanks the nurse for her help and stepped to wards the door. She turns her head to Kanoe, wondering if she was going to come along or go her own way. She had no sense of what time it was... but she doubted her teacher's class was still going.

"You didn't have to stay with me, you know. Though I appreciate it."

Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:52 pm

A head with a large cut in it, she thought negatively. There was no point in pressing that matter further. If Tani does not hate her for it, so be it. It was not her problem anymore.

Kanoe follows after the woman. Perhaps Tani was fine now though the large bandages made it look much worse. She sighs as she steps out of the nurse's office, finally glad to be out of there. The witch was unsure how long they were in there. But, she was not in much of a mood to continue classes now.

"It was my fault," she said simply, "Of course I was going to stay. I am sure the teacher is still waiting for me and I think I will keep her waiting for a while longer."

She brushes long strands of black hair back behind her shoulders as she walks in the direction of the exit. It will be safer to practice outside or in her own room. She was not sure what that russian woman will do now, hopefully her spell did not scar the student. Would be a pity to damage such a face.

Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:12 pm

"We have our differences on whose fault it was it seems. But I can think fine, little tissue damage... you leaving to your dorm?"

Honestly, she had thought to possibly udnerstand how the witch worked her incantations and magical spells so well. She was trying very hard to not think she was using Kanoe just to grow stronger, but there was that familiar pang to just leave her be. But she didn't know this place. Who knows how long it would be until she came across another gifted student.

But she was cauht in a slight mix of things. Her fellow student didn't seem very itnerested in company and it would be imposing on her if she were to possibly ask for advice or hints. There was really no way of asking the darker witch for her help without probably making the woman uncomfortable... or irritated. She certainly wasn't going to use her small wound as leverage that she owed her or anything.

"W-wait... I... eh... well... nevermind."

Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:27 pm

"Yes," she answers, "I have had enough of this place for now."

Kanoe was still walking down the hall. The witch could not see the inner struggle that was going on inside Tani's head. She had a poor sense of magic and even her skill at channeling fluctuates wildly at every attempt. Little did she know that a beginning of Tani's gift was what saved her from the brunt of her spell.

A stumble of words makes the witch stop for a moment and look back. She was not sure what this woman was trying to say. It sounded, indecisive.

"What is it?" she asks calmly.

Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:57 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next