View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:21 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Sever the Memory (Antipode) 

Post Sever the Memory (Antipode)
Paranoia had finally began to wither within the stressed student. The feeling that someone was constantly watching her had subsided substantially since she was first released back onto campus. Not to mention her weeks had been quite uneventful with the exception of a few students. Shai grinned to herself in reflection, running her fingers through Pan’s fur- who had shifted back to his default species; a crimson furred kitten. “End Life Simulation please Pan,” After the command was issued the ‘kitten’ immediately discontinued ‘breathing’ and it stood alert on the desk. “Revert back to stealth mode please.”
“Will you be gone long Shai?”

“Not so much, I haven’t been very active lately and I’m thinking I should pay the gym a visit.” Apparently satisfied with the answer, Pan’s form seemed to morph into that of a red, steel toaster. Shai gently picked the toaster up and set it on the countertop by the sink. She pulled open one of the lower dresser drawers and peered inside, not having much a variety in color the decision for clothes was made quickly, her fingers wrapping around some articles and setting them on the dresser top. She quickly pulled off her blouse, and unzipped the flimsy zipper to the uniform’s skirt, tossing both pieces of clothing into the hamper by the closet door. She carefully unhooked her bra, her breasts bouncing, newly freed from their lace prison. Her nipples hardened almost immediately, now exposed to the cool air in the room. “ I’ll have to turn the heat on when I get back” She thought sheepishly as she pulled the black sportsbra over her head, slightly adjusting the fabric to fit her breasts securely. She slipped into the black shorts, tossed on a long white t-shirt and headed out, giving one last glance into the room before locking her door with the key-card.

Shai walked into the weight room, eager to work on her body in solace. Considering most of the girls were obsessed with cardio, Shai found that the weight room was practically always abandoned unless there was some sort of team practice. As always, Shai was correct. She made her way towards the leg press, tinkering around with weights until she was satisfied with a suitable amount that she figured she could lift. She laid back and positioned herself accordingly, casually lifting while listening to the radio. “I don’t know what it is about Eye of the Tiger,” She thought furrowing her brow. “Always seems to get your adrenalin going.”

Thank you Naoko for the Sig, you are my heroine <3
.oOo. Nasty, Evil, Wicked and Mean .oOo.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:25 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: Sever the Memory (Antipode)
The Eye of the Tiger was not a song Antipode was very interested in. To tell the truth, yes, he'd watched the Rocky series as part of his avatar Ichiro's integration into human society (away from Shokushu for the moment... but Antipode could bring that portion of him back at any time, honestly) but he never really found it any more than dull. Yes, it gave important information both about the social millieu of the 1980's, American culture in general, and the attitude people had and people have in general.

However, it was so boring! More interesting to him was The Lady and the Tiger, an altogether different piece of information. While this human society was quite simple, compared to what Antipode was used to, it was amazing what kinds of miracles centuries, or even thousands of years, of specialized focus could bring about. Yes, human language and thought patterns were limited, but such an open-ended story was a quiet delight to Antipode's mind.

He could, indeed, think of the possibilities presented, but the situation was so carefully balanced that the chances of either event could be argued, quite effectively, either way, until the answer was literally unanswerable, and the ending, therefore, completely unknowable. You'd had to have been there, Antipode supposed.

Of course, only a portion, and not even the dominant, what a human would call "conscious" portion of Antipode was focusing on such things at the moment. The rest of him, or at least the portion a human would call conscious, was focusing on the girl who had entered the weight room.

He'd been around, but this room had been empty. And he'd seen the girl enter this empty room. He was invisible at the moment, silent. She'd not even notice the monster's entrance, his form unseen, and most likely it would continue to be unseen, at least for the time being.

The invisible tentacles moved to the door, barring it quietly. She'd be unable to escape if she tried... so he spoke, then.

A voice would enter her mind. Not a real voice, like something she heard. But something different... words, nonetheless, in a distinct style, dialect and voice, different from hers, alien to her. It spoke like another person... and it was obvious. Even if it wasn't speaking in sound, it was speaking to her, whatever it was. And it was close.

Good evening. I hope not to bother you too much, but I'm curious... what is your name, young lady?

And what I thought I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes. That way I wouldn't have to deal with any of those goddamn stupid useless people. If any of them wanted to tell me something they'd have to write it on a piece of paper and shove it over to me. They'd get bored as hell doing that after awhile, and then I'd be through having conversations with them for the rest of my life. That'd be fine if that wasn't exactly how things work on the internet!

Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:05 am
Profile YIM

Shai had just finished her reps at the leg press, and to be honest, was quite thrilled to be physically active again. Lately she’d spent so much of her time on her experiments and her studies it had rarely left her time to do much of anything else. She grabbed her bottle of water from the bench beside her and took a moderate sized gulp. She stood up and took seat at another piece of equipment, one specifically designed for sit ups.

She hooked her legs under the padded bars, leaned back grabbing a medicine ball that had obviously not seen much use and began her exercise. Songs came and went, but the words were lost to her. She seemed to be in her own world, endorphins strongly surging through her body as her heart rate increased. Her back was towards the door, and she thought it was getting a bit hot inside the room so she paused momentarily, letting the medicine ball roll lazily from her hands and she stood up. It had been an amazing week, she’d made some new acquaintances and even better she was working on experiments again, something she’d always enjoyed but the haunting thought of her friends long lost to her still caused a stinging pain in her heart. But here, she was able to let her worries slip away, perhaps she really had been delusional and her friends had merely graduated. Had the slaughterhouse really been a nightmarish vision?

She grabbed the nearby towel and lightly patted her forehead when she heard the most unbelievable sound in her life.

“Good evening. I hope not to bother you too much, but I'm curious... what is your name, young lady?”

She whirled on her toes and looked about the room. Empty. She blinked hard and shook her head. She wasn’t even sure she’d even really ‘heard’ a voice. Her knuckles turned white as she clutched the towel, peering out into the seemingly empty weight room. Terror gripped her entire form, she didn’t want to believe she was crazy, but she didn’t want an affirmation either.

“Is someone there?” She asked incredulously.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:40 am
Profile YIM

Antipode had been quite enjoying watching her exercise as she had been doing. It was curious, to see the ways a health-conscious girl would improve her physical condition, and he was pleased, witnessing this. But, alas, it had to end in the end. At least... he would have to bother her. Oh, he'd give her physical exertion. But of a very different time. Her worry was evident when she reacted to his words, and after a brief moment he responded.

Yes. I am here. I'm not speaking to you in words... at least not in sound. but I'm here, nonetheless. Don't worry, you won't be able to see me until I let you. As it is... I'm still asking your name. I'm quite real, and you are too. I'd love to know your name, so please tell me.

She was trapped, even if she didn't know it. But even so, there was no need to be a monster about it.

And what I thought I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes. That way I wouldn't have to deal with any of those goddamn stupid useless people. If any of them wanted to tell me something they'd have to write it on a piece of paper and shove it over to me. They'd get bored as hell doing that after awhile, and then I'd be through having conversations with them for the rest of my life. That'd be fine if that wasn't exactly how things work on the internet!

Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:08 am
Profile YIM

The suspended silence only left time for Shai’s mind to reflect at a million miles a second. So many vivid memories overcame the student that it looked as if she were going to collapse. She brought her fingertips to her temples and pushed hard, as if trying to force out the voice she was ‘hearing’. But in an instant she seemed to visibly relax, even upon hearing the creature once again prod into her mind.

“I have a hard time believing that one of you would even be interested in the names of your victims. Wouldn’t you rather make up a name yourself?” She hissed dryly, her steel gray eyes searching about the room. “He’s obviously blocking the door, seeing as how it’s the only way out of the room. I swear these places are fucking designed for no escape.” She signed irritated by her own observation. She wasn’t sure how long she could put up a fight. Being inactive for so long, yet still containing some muscle retention she wasn’t in the greatest shape. “Give ‘em hell.” She thought biting her lower lip, her eyes scanning for what she could not see, her ears pricked for what she could not hear, and her senses concentration on something she hadn’t the slightest idea about.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:36 am
Profile YIM

Surprise. She was immediately hostile. She knew, precisely, what sort of thing he was, and had already surmised what he would want from her. Well, that made things easier, didn't it? At least he didn't have to explain... he'd gotten so used to dealing with the newish students that he hadn't dealt with one who was more... experienced... in a rather significant period of time, or so it seemed.

Well, you seem rather knowledgeable about the nonhuman entities on this island. I understand. I suppose I'll be frank then. My name is Antipode... at least, that's the name you humans could understand. I'm curious about your name because I would like to know. I have no intention of being terribly rude about this. Luckily, my addiction is only towards human pleasure. As you can tell, I'm psychic. From your perspective, anyway. And as such, I can feel your pleasure. And I quite enjoy it. I hope that helps, at least a little bit.

Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:50 am
Profile YIM

Shai’s brow furrowed as she considered the creature’s words. His ‘voice’ seemed almost melodic inside of her mind, almost as if they were becoming a part of her. How she would love to emulate this sort of communication, it would holster thousands of possibilities…There she went again, the scientist in her would never stopped working so it seemed. As far as Shai could discern, the creature was being truthful, then again what reason did any of these pathetic creatures have to lie other than to massage their own egos? “At least he’s polite.” She grumbled to herself, almost inaudible.

Shai started to seriously consider how she could escape. Which route she would take, perhaps she could trick the creature? A smile spread across Shai’s pale pink lips and she broke out into a soft chuckle. How silly did she seem to this monster? Here it had just proclaimed that it was comparable to a ‘psychic’ and was communicating with her telepathically and here her mind was flying off the handle trying to calculate methods and the odds of her escape. It seemed more than obvious that the creature could potentially read her thoughts, and was probably musing quietly at her while she foolishly tried to think of escaping.

“My name is Shai, but I can only conclude that you already knew.” She said shifting her weight to her right leg and crossing her arms. Though she hadn’t the slightest idea where Antipode was, she made an educated guess and narrowed her steel eyes a bit towards the right of the door. “Just because you’ve cordially introduced yourself and have made a vain attempt for me to understand ‘where you’re coming from.’” She even went as far as to attempt mockery with little air quotes using her fingers. “It doesn’t make it alright. I assure you, even if you had been a human male you would have gotten the same response.” She assured the creature. But before her mind could even keep up, the proposition came to her lips before she could even control what she ways saying.

“Still, I may be able to…” She paused not wanting to hear herself even consider the words. Taking a gamble she thought the proposition. “I’ll try to be as calm as I possibly can to help ‘enhance’ your pleasure. Obviously if you can feel what I feel, then it would make it more enjoyable for you if I weren’t say- distracted by trying to tear your head off. If you’d tell me what you know of a certain creature I’m looking for.”

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:09 am
Profile YIM

To be honest, I didn't know that your name was Shai. My psychic powers can be quite intrusive, but I usually don't act in that manner. It's rather... rude, you could say. The voice was certainly melodious. He was polite, and actually almost friendly in his response. He watched her as she thought. He realized that she probably assumed he'd be reading her thoughts. So he decided he'd need to try it again.

Mentally, part of his consciousness delved into hers, to hear her thoughts, read them, and understand what she was thinking. Especially, since he had a guess she'd try to think at him, and communicate through that way. So, he listened.

Her thoughts were a jumble. She was excited about the way his communication worked. He decided he might as well respond to that, since he was delving into her mind and reading her thoughts.

Incidentally, I figure you'll expect me to read your thoughts. So I'm going to do so.

A brief pause as he read her mind. Then, an excited exclamation.

Oh! You know, when we're done I could probably place some schematics into your mind, to help you on your way to utilizing this means of communication. As a fellow person of science, I appreciate your human efforts to understand the universe.

He wasn't trying to butter up to her... he was actually, genuinely excited to read that in her thoughts. And he'd happily help her... the least he could do, after all. Since he was, indeed, taking something from her.

Anyway, I understand that you'd not respond positively either way. A girl named Violett Small related me to something she called a "jerk jock" in the way I simply take what I want. It was an interesting thing, and she was quite an interesting girl.

Her proposition came from itself... and he was surprised by how willingly it seemed to come. He held himself aloof, and she wouldn't feel anymore emotions coming from him. Only the words.

I believe that deal could work. Ask me the creature you wish knowledge of. Furthermore, feel free to ask me anything else you wish. I'd happily answer questions, or even compare notes to help you in your scientific experiments. It might be worthwhile.

Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:23 am
Profile YIM

Shai was a bit overwhelmed by the amount of response she was receiving from Antipode. She had gathered that while he seemed sincere about his character, she had to assume that most of his mannerisms were partially false. Being as how she wasn’t used to this method of communication or the feeling that another entity was melding into her thoughts she felt a slight headache coming on. She tried her best to disregard it at present.

Her immediate response to his barrage of comments was that he was trying to soften her up by offering what she didn’t ask for, but while she couldn’t quite grasp his actual ‘emotion’ she did feel a sense of sincerity in his propositions.

Her mind began to unravel the possibilities that she could obtain from this creature. Everything society had crammed into her head as a child was that any other form of life was bound to be more advance and intelligent than the human race. She could only dream to actually have one willing to work with her. She fancied the thought of being able to invent a bundle of new creations, and to enhance her old ones but the thoughts all disappeared in an instant when the images of Adena and Fenris arose back into her mind. “For now, I wouldn’t want to lose track of what I’ve bargained for. The creature I seek. His name is Plague. From the human records I can only gather that he is an Incubus since he fed off of emotional emissions.”

She bit her lower lip, hardly realizing she did so. Still unnerved by some sense of paranoia that she was delusional and talking to herself. Perhaps she had finally lost it and had created another entity in her mind as an escape from reality? Logically it seemed adequate considering she still hadn’t seen whom she was talking to. She shook the thoughts away embarrassed by them. This was too real to be a fathom of the mind.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:43 am
Profile YIM

Oh, yes, that reminded him. Plague. He'd have to look up more information on the being, but for now he would give her any information she needed, and which he had. For now, he began sifting through information he had on the various monsters on the island. He wasn't in control, so he definitely didn't' know everything, and he might come up completely empty. But for now, he figured he would not have that problem. He knew at least of the monsters on this island at the moment, so he would answer her questions as best he could.

Agreed. I wouldn't want to make you think I was trying to lie to you or anything. We shall get this out of the way at the beginning, before anything else. What information do you want on this being, Plague? Know, also, that I can't promise I know everything... but I can always find more out, if I don't know. It's not very hard. Really, not much harder for me than an internet query. ( :D But seriously, what should he tell her?)

Antipode realized he was causing her harm, sending so many thoughts, speaking so much to her. She seemed the sensitive type, at least when it came to her mental and physical state... he decided from then on to be a little more gentle... though if he delved deeper into her mind, it would by necessity not be gentle. But it would be... more careful than he had been in the past. He'd give her that much, he thought to himself in the grand eternity of a single picosecond.

Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:17 pm
Profile YIM

Shai stood there in silence for a moment while she considered the inquiry. It was very possible that she could locate the lair, though she’d been so terrified when she was abducted that she hadn’t been overly concerned with marking the trail with the fear of what was to come looming over her thoughts. She was still readily uncomfortable with the entire situation. Bargaining with a beast could end with dangerous results.

“I would like you to tell me where he is.”

She felt the headache gently subside, she wasn’t using her thoughts to communicate anymore and it was almost as if the creature had felt her distress, and chose not to delve deeper into her mind. How dangerous this kind of technology would become if she harnessed it?

When she didn’t hear an immediate response she felt her face grow hot. Had she really expected it to be that easy? As far as she was concerned, Plague’s personality rendered him with a god-complex. He thought he was above all creatures, and had even insulted Shai by thinking her hideous. He probably steered clear of the other beings on the island.
Her fingers gripped the towel tightly again as she waited, her eyes still darting about the room.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:52 am
Profile YIM

Location. Such was a difficult thing for Antipode, even with his great knowledge, to find. To begin with, Antipode searched whatever records he could find... and found a thing that she would not really like, at least not at the moment. He hoped, genuinely, she wouldn't take the bad news out on him, but even so, he had no real choice.

I'm currently searching for him... thanks to a certain girl I now have access to school records. However, it seems that this entity, which you know as Plague, is not currently on the planet. I don't know precisely when he left, but the records indicate that he isn't here. In general, monster activity is measured. If an alien is here on the island, they have to go through a whole annoying process the first time, and later visits they must sign in. It's all really bureaucratic and tedious. However, those records are mostly private, at least the parts I have gained access to, and so they will not tell when they left, or anything like that. Much less where they go afterwards. Furthermore, I hope you would forgive me for not searching the stars for this entity, but I don't know if I could bring him back if I tried.

He was going back into the level of data transfer he was giving before. He was talking, as he continued searching, and finally came upon an offer he hoped would be sufficient.

I'll tell you what. I will keep tabs on this situation, for I can do that. And as soon as the records indicate that he has returned to this island, if he indeed does so, you will be informed immediately, through a psychic message. I'll even tell you location. Anything the data says about it. I swear to this, but unfortunately I cannot guarantee he would return soon, or ever.

Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:51 am
Profile YIM

Shai’s mind whirled at the immediate response she got from the creature. She seemed to go through an entire variety of emotions in a matter of seconds. She was astonished that another student could possibly have access to the school’s records when Shai herself couldn’t even get past the software that blocked a lot of her favorite sites. Then there was eminent rage when she found out Plague wasn’t even on the planet, her fingers clenching into a balled fist around the poor, strangled towel. Then there was the overwhelming shock and disgust upon finding out that if a monster was on the island he had to go through a ‘process’. It was a deadly affirmation of what she’d dreaded uncovering all along. This was a faux island, luring students here with the promised of specialized majors in order to have them viciously raped? No, there had to be other incentives, but she had found it disturbing that Shokushu seemed to have everyone’s perfect major.

After the overwhelming range of emotions Shai chuckled. She had known Plague wasn’t here. He hadn’t sent her another bottle of Wine after all. She also found it amusing that the creature wasn’t ‘searching the stars’ highly unlikely he’d be there either- she mused after recalling the summoning of Plague’s brother from an entirely different plane of existence. Her second glimpse at hell. She did appreciate the creature’s forwardness about the situation, he had promised that if he learned of Plague’s return to the island she was be informed. While trust was something rarely given by Shai, she had to put it into this creature now. She had an ally, if not a fair exchange. She wanted to ask so many more questions, about Fenris, Adena, what that structure was just barely in sight’s eye off the shores of Shokushu. She shook her head somberly. “A fed bear is a dead bear.” She recalled the words her Father had told her when she learned that their upscale community had shot and killed a mother bear for lifting one of her cubs into someone’s living room. It wasn’t the bear’s fault, she had cried, that moron left their window open with food on the table. Knowing too much without the guise of ignorance would make her a threat, not to mention she wasn’t sure how much more information she could handle at present without giving away her façade of ignorance to her past.

Shai found the words caught in her throat but forced them out over a rough few seconds. “That’s all I can ask of you.” She wanted to break down and cry, she had been told that her friends had never existed, and it was likely that other students that inquired about Shai after she was gone had been told the same- if any other students had inquired about her. “Probably the brats who paid me to do their homework.” she hissed inside of her mind. She shifted her weight uncomfortably as an elevated silence fell over the room, or rather became evident since the telepathic messages had ceased.

“There is the matter of our agreement.” Shai said, doing her best not to visibly shudder.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:47 am
Profile YIM

Emotion after emotion ripped through the young woman. She was clearly struggling with the information given, and didn't seem pleased at the answer. However, Antipode was pleased, just a little bit, that she understood he had told the truth as best he could, and furthermore that she appreciated his forthrightness and honesty. She clearly had other questions, but she didn't seem to wish them answered after all.

Perhaps it was for the best. However, he'd definitely give her blueprints, an indelible memory she could never, ever forget even in the slightest, of how to make at least the beginnings of a mental communication system. He'd have to search farther in her mind to do such work, but he'd try it, and knew he'd succeed. He wouldn't even ask for thanks.

When she said what she did, something in the air changed. Some of the invisible tentacles in the room... ceased being invisible at all. They were moving slowly, deliberately around the room. A mass of them were in front of the door, keeping it from any possibility of opening. He hadn't needed to do anything for her, he had had no reason to offer her anything at all. He could have taken her at any time, but he hadn't.

Yes. About that agreement. I apologize that the answer wasn't what you sought. However, perhaps it's time to relax a bit, and, for a short while at least, lay down your burdens.

Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:19 pm
Profile YIM

Shai hadn’t the slightest clue what the creature looked like, and there was a part of her that wished it would maintain its stealth. But as the moments passed she no longer got the feeling of emptiness about the room, the façade of being alone had passed. Slowly several appendages appeared, slow moving and almost haunting. Her steel blue eyes watched several of the tendrils undulate through the air, realizing then that at any moment the creature could have attacked her and taken her with the slightest regard towards her. She appreciated the creature’s patience and willingness to help her, but it didn’t make the sight any less terrifying.

Instinctively her eyes eventually lead their gaze towards the barricaded door. Hardly barricaded, but rather blocked by a giant mass of writhing tentacles. A wise move considering the circumstance, even though she had made an agreement every muscle in her body wanted to rush towards the door and break away, but her mind thought better of the situation.

She found the creature’s method of consolation amusing. “Relax? How could I possibly relax, I promised to be as calm as I possibly could but I didn’t say a damned thing about relaxing.” She thought bitterly to herself. Though, perhaps without the rough takings she was accustomed to during her stay in the islands maybe the experience would shine a different light on the student. She nodded slowly, her fingers digging into the terry cloth of the plush towel. She regretted doing so, but she shakily tossed the towel aside.

“Experience tells me I should probably undress myself.” She muttered, images of her clothing being torn to shreds. She pulled at the hem of the large white t-shirt, bringing it up over her head and plopping with a light thud on the ground. The room wasn’t very cold, but it was just cool enough to cause tiny bumps to rise on her flesh after the article was removed. Her slender fingers curled underneath the sports bra, also pulling that off of her body- freeing her pert breasts from confinement. Her nipples hardened visibly in the air, and one hand unconsciously draped across them in embarrassment. Her remaining hand pulled down the shorts also grabbing at the black lace of her panties. She gently stepped out of her clothing and lightly kicked them aside.

She stood there, covering herself as much as she could, her chest slowly rising and falling with each breath. One arm was draped across her chest, while the other lingered limply by her side. She was thankful that her hair was so long, the locks allowing her to stand straight while still covering the entire backside of her down to her tensed calves. She felt so exposed, a bright pink rising to her cream-colored cheeks. Her mind whirling with a million memories, and rather negative thoughts when her gaze darted around the room to what seemed like a hundred tentacles writhing in wait.

“It…would probably be better if you stayed out of my thoughts.” She offered honestly, biting her lower lip.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:45 am
Profile YIM
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next