View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 10:34 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 The Spark~ (For Diana Varnia) 

Post The Spark~ (For Diana Varnia)
It was quite unusual for Clarice to wander around the student grounds by herself. She was usually with Kanoe or another of her little friends. But for once, she had been hoping to find and scope out the student body somewhat. Being so enclosed the past couple of weeks; it was about time she got out and about. Earlier on when she was passing by these exact walls did she come across a strange sight. Not normally did she sense wisps of mana when she wasn't looking for them, but low and behold she was almost forced into feeling such wisps.

Curiosity got the better of her as made her way through the mass of students passing by and came upon a girl named Diana. As rude at it would've seemed, she just pulled the woman to the side and began speaking with her. The two made small conversation and it seemed Diana had some sort of coincidences with magic. Clearing her suspicions, the two had decided to meet a bit further out in the forest to possibly see if Diana had such potential.

She was coming close to the clearing, being mid-day; she doubted a monster would try anything with two girls in bright daylight. She hopes she wasn't too forward with what happened. It was just not normal to be able to sense magic when it wasn't used and she wasn't looking for it. She would have to be a bit better at her social skills if this girl could be a potential ally against monsters.

Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:12 pm

Post Re: The Spark~ (For Diana Varnia)
Diana was surprised at how fast the whole situation had developed. The blond's mind rushed to keep up with the conversation and where it was leading, but when it reached the finish line it discovered that it was to meet Clarice in a parting in the forest. Diana was intrigued by what Clarice offered to talk to her about and so complied. She stepped from behind a tree, content to see that nobody had followed Clarice nor herself. She smiled innocently and waved at the brunette, her tight school uniform hardly stopping the wispy wind blowing through the trees. She felt a chill run across her shapely body but at the same time a feel of safety and sanctuary.

Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:36 am

She finds herself in the small clearing, nodding to Diana when she sees her waving. A small wave from herself later leads to standing next to the woman, smiling somewhat to not make the whole thing so awkwardly serious. This would hopefully turn out to be an interesting understanding between her and Diana. At least now she can see what Dian here has to offer in having possible abilities.

"Hello Diana. Nice to see you found the place alright," she says softly, smiling for a moment before scanning the area for any possible viewers.

If the woman did possess some magical potential, it would be best to keep secret from anyone or anything. Monsters seem more prone to attacking magically gifted students. That was probably the last thing Diana would need to associate learning any sort of spells with. It may make her less likely to try if she knew that she could be a candidate for more attacks. But that was for later. She still needed to figure out what exactly Diana was capable of before taking safety measures.

Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:47 pm

"Oh, well, you gave simple enough instructions." Diana smiled back at the blond and nervously looked around herself again. Content this time that she was alone, she stepped out into the clearing and sat on a nearby rock. The surface was cold and her bare thighs sent chills up her spine as they touched the hard stone. Looking up at the girl, Diana stared up into her large, emerald eyes. The colors swirled around each other in a hypnotizing way and she found herself lost in their entrancing gaze. Finally pulling herself away, she nervously glanced at a squirrel that had chosen that moment to dive from one tree to another, shaking the leafs. "So, what exactly are we going to do here?" Diana nervously ran her left hand up her bare, right arm. Another chilly wind flew through the opening, rustling her thin uniform and her long, blonde hair.

Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:49 pm

"What's simple to you isn't so much to others... apparently," she grumbles the last part before shaking her head of the thought.

Pity they couldn't of changed into more comfortable clothes, but there was really no point in thinking about that now. The wind seemed to taunt her for it, almost trying to brush her thin uniform in ways she would consider a nuisance. She blinks at the woman for a moment before crossing her arms and looking at the rock beneath the woman absent-minded.

"Well, I was hoping to see what you've per chance had 'coincidences' with. I took you out here so we could avoid an audience. It's... it would be best to keep any potential you have to yourself. It does cause... unwanted attention. Umm what exactly has happened to you, again?"

Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:16 am

"Well... Honestly, they were strange things involving water. One time, I was walking along the beach when..." She blushed softly at the subject she was about to touch on. It wasn't easy to talk about in public. "When a monster tried attacking me. I started to run away, but the sand was wet and I almost slipped. Then, when I saw the thing's shadow looming over me, I closed my eyes and started to cry, but didn't stop running. Suddenly the sand beneath my feet began to get dry, the tide avoided my feet and ankles. I got away." She sighs softly and almost whispers. "Almost." She looks up at Clarice, her blond bangs swaying in the wind.

Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:22 am

"Well, I have to say that doesn't give me much to go on. Could of very well been coincidence the tide pulls out. And since you... didn't get away that leads me to believe it was an unnatural turn of water. But I won't rule out that you may of very well surpressed the water from making contact with you. Can you... possibly give a demonstration... or have you even tried to do that again?"

It was udnerstanding about a monster pushing the girl to her limit and possibly think strange things. But she didn't know whther it was natural or supernatural. Everyone had mana, and though she hasn't seen waht Diana had, it would've still been hard to udnerstand where Dian could draw the line and actually use residue mana for magic.

Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:52 pm

Diana closed her eyes and thought, as hard as she could, about any sort of instance in which she had manipulated water other then that particular one. Her thoughts drifted and drifted, but nothing came to her mind. But then, as if a bubble popped in the back of her mind and reminded her of a childhood happening, she remembered. "When... when I was young, I had gone to the beach with my family. It was a windy day, windy enough so that if the seagulls flew against it, they would remain suspended in mid air.

I had ignored my parents warnings and ran into the water. In the distance, a huge wave began to build, an enormous gust of wind pushing it forwards. I looked up at it and was stunned, I couldn't moved, I was... frozen with fear. Moments before it hit me, which would have most likely submerged and drowned my frail body, it parted."
As if to accentuate her point, she made a chopping motion with her hand. "Right in half. I considered myself the luckiest girl in the world. My parents were amazed." Diana looked up at Clarice.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:01 am

"Now that is a much better description. But in all honesty... it sounds to me if you do happen to posses some qualities to manipulate the water... you've only done when you're scared."

She taps her index finger against her chin as she thinks deeply. The first one she could put off as coincidence but a wave? Cutting right in half all of a sudden when it was about to engulf her? She wasn't sure what to make of it. She really couldn't do much without some form of demonstration.

"Do you think... you could do it again maybe?"

Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:09 pm

Diana continued to look at Clarice, watching her large, lustrous eyes return her gaze. She looked down at the floor when she heard Clarice ask her for a second time to demonstrate. Diana looked down at her shoes. The last time she had tried to excersize her powers, she had summoned a strange, glowing ball of water. Then the ball had suddenly collapsed and a strange blob jumped out of the pool and began to rape her body. She had been afraid since then that it had been her magic, for she had gotten the words for the spell from a book she had found in the library, that had summoned the creature.

"I.. I can try. If you really want me to." Diana looked back up at her and shifted uneasily in her seat. She suddenly revealed her warming thighs to another angle of the rock, one that was still cool and she gasped as the cold bit into her pale flesh.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:56 pm

"I'm not going to force you to do it. But this was more along the lines of you wanting to possibly discover if you have the knack for it. I mean... I can try seeing your mana I guess... if you're still interested in this that is."

It was difficult to just stand there and answer questions without getting much feedback. She had little or no idea of her magical capabilities. Heck, she was still growing herself. She wasn't a complete expert on the idea anyways. What she did understand was that the woman was becoming uncomfortable being put on the spot. She sighs and gathers herself to sit next to Diana.

"I'm just trying to help you discover something. I mean... it's okay if you don't. You're a perfectly capable woman to have many other talents."

She was trying to give some comfort to her. She had to remember to ACT normal to a person in order to BE with a normal person. She seems to forget that a lot, being around Kanoe so much.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:40 am

Diana nods her head at Clarice's words. They were true and seemed very sincere. She did want to find out whether these happenings were just luck, strange natural phenomenon or her own magical potential showing. She stood up curtly and looked around the clearing, carefully scanning it with her eyes. Then she found it. There was a little puddle a few feet beside the rock. "Come on." She walked towards and sat on her haunches in front of it. She closed her eyes and let the words of the spell resurface in her head. She spoke them, carefully pronouncing the words. She was glad she had found the book. But on her way back to her dorm, a monster had conveniently attacked and raped her, forcing her to drop the book. Someone had decided to walk by and scoop it up.

Diana quickly pushed the reverie to the back of her mind and concentrated again. She spoke the words a second time, as the spell depicted and made a rather simple hand gesture. Then, she cupped her hands at roughly ground level and raised them. As if on command, a strand of water began to rise out of the pool, the top looking bulbous and round. It swirled and shimmered, pulling itself together as Diana raised her hands higher and higher, eventually above her waistline. The long strand had become separate from the puddle and begun to round itself, turning into a floating, shimmering ball. Diana could feel sweat beginning to form on her forehead. Carefully, she lowered the ball back down, going back onto her haunches and finally putting her cupped hands on the grass again. The levitating water returned into the puddle without so much as a splash. She began panting as she realized just how exhausting that experience was. "How... *huff* Was that?

Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:32 am

"Now that is demonstration enough," she replies with a bright smile. So the woman had a spark to her. It was good, unlike trying to figure out Violett without any knowledge; Diana just made the ordeal a lot easier for her and herself. But she was very much an amateur. Already the woman was sweating profusely from having to concentrate so much. It was almost like holding one's breath and straining your entire body for moments... if not minutes. She was very familiar with the feeling.

"You're straining yourself far... far too much. It's good to see your potential, but I think you could do better if you practiced," she states and bends down next to her towards the puddle. She points a finger to the puddle and concentrates. Maybe not as straining as Diana had just done, but her eyes were fervently focused on the gathering pool of water.

"Remonte," she says firmly. Just as Diana had manipulated the water into a ball, she did so also. Only more elaborately to the point of letting it gather in her hand without getting it wet. She stands up and presents the woman with this demonstration.

"I can do this from obvious practice and knowing the right words. I'm wondering..." she trails off, manipulating the water back to its puddle without much of a splash, “Would you like... for me to try and expand your potential?"

Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:40 am

Diana looked down in a state of awe as Clarice repeated the action she had demonstrated, without much difficulty. Diana closed her eyes and nodded her head as she was presented the ball of water. It seemed that this girl was very experienced in using this... this magic. Diana had no other word for it. Telekinesis was far too scientific to explain this mystical act. She then raised her head when she heard Clarice's offer. "I would like that, very much." Diana gave a polite smile to show her eagerness to start. Finally a way to defend herself. Finally a way to push away the terrible creatures constantly did the most unspeakable things to her on a daily basis.

Diana moved away from the puddle and sat down on the nearby rock again. She was still trying to catch her breath and stop the world from spinning. Using her... magic, drained her of energy quite easily. This was only the third time she had dared try to harness the magical potential. The first time had turned out well enough, she had created the ball and lifted it half a foot from the water. The second time, though, although she had had time to read through the book more profusely, turned out disastrous with the monstrous blob leaping through her achievement and commencing a sexual assault. Then she had lost the book altogether.

But Diana understood that there was more to magic then simply doing the same spell, trick or whatever you wanted to call it over and over again. There was an academic aspect to it. She did not relish having to learn another subject on top of her regular school work, but she understood that it was not every day that the chance to harness such power showed itself. "When can we get started?"

Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:15 pm

"We can start when you're ready. But I feel... I must warn of something now that I know you're capable of harnessing some form of mana," she says softly, crossing her arms and turning her body sideways from her. There was nothing better then to not show too much emotion to Diana for what she had to say. This could seriously break or make the woman when she states a pretty much based fact of what happens when a girl here on Shokushu begins magical training.

"Seems... these monsters here... are prone to magically gifted students. If you do want to pursue magic you may find yourself more frequently attacked..." she finally explains. She gives her a very serious, yet sad expression. If she was going to spend time with the woman, there should certainly be some form o trust between them. If the woman decided it was too risky to go for any training, it may be for the better.

"I understand if you have second thoughts on pursuing any magical training. But you really should know... these monsters have attacked me more times then a few girls I know. Kanoe is a more magically adept person like myself and she... she's been assaulted so many times... I've lost count when I was present during the time. I just thought you should know..."

Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:15 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next