View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 3:56 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Trouble, Trouble, Trouble With a Capital 'T' (Vera) 

Post Trouble, Trouble, Trouble With a Capital 'T' (Vera)
The past few months had been rather uneventful. But a slight disappearance for a little while would make one think otherwise of it being so dull. Taisie couldn’t remember a thing and yet other students had wondered where she has been all this time. Although the mind block is a bit unsettling, the more recent past days have been dull. There was not much Tai could do about her absence except to catch up her work. Maybe she had an injury that caused a short term coma. It was possible to get hit in just the right place for a comatose state to occur. But she couldn’t remember a fight either. She at least would recall the last hit before going down… well it wasn’t as if she had much of a choice but to accept that logic for now.

The kunoichi had gone on with business as if nothing happened. Her studies were already progressing with her make-up work. It was fairly easy to begin the process of picking up where she left off. She wasn’t about to just sit and be so dumbfounded that she would not continue to learn what she could. And learn in both areas she would. Her more gifted abilities were coming along slowly, although projectile forms of her gift were a challenge. She was just a physical type of person after all. Her school studies seemed to be doing fine. She admits she’s not perfect and gets Bs often, but that’s really due to the lack of sleep and time. She would not dare let her grades drop to Average, though. That was unacceptable to her standards.

But in the present times, all she was worried about was listening to the teacher as intently as possible. Though her uniform was more then a few sizes too small, she would not let that deter her from her grades. Her second to first seat made it easy to hear him in a large classroom like the one she was in. Anatomy was always an interesting subject and it taught her many new things about the human body. Vitals, pressure points, main arteries and vulnerable organs were things to keep in mind for the fighter. She had her total focus on her practices… a least to a degree.

She had caught wind of contraband that had ‘slipped’ through the cracks of the school’s system. There was a lot of talk if it was real or not, but the fact remained was when people talked about some things like that, it was bound to end up being heard by a teacher or Student Patrol as she called them. The fact that the students didn’t even know if the story was plausible was enough to make Taisie not think another thought of it as being something to keep her interest. She could only imagine what ignorant girl liked to get a ride while her brain cells fade away if the story were true.

Last edited by Taisie on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:41 pm

Post Re: Trouble, Trouble, Trouble With a Capital 'T'
After dealing with certain students with a ridiculous amount of demerits, things have quieted down on campus or at least as quiet as this island can manage. But there was no rest for Vera as she continues with her duties for the school. There were always those who break the rules, even the smallest rule that may be insignificant to most students must be enforced.

Word from her various contacts throughout Shokushu mentioned rumors of contraband floating around. Foolish girls, she thought to herself. It was pointless to bring alcohol and drugs onto the island. It was not like they had any place to hide here and all those chemicals do is give a cheap high for high cost of your brain. Of course the staff wanted confirmation and answers as soon as possible, her work was never easy.

Later in the day, she had the unexpected luck of three students approaching her. One of them had a bottle of liquor in hand. Vera's eyes narrow, expecting an explanation. The three girls claimed to have found the bottle in another students gym locker. Taisie was the name mentioned. She recalled that student had been 'missing' from class for some time. It was doubtful it was due to alcohol but for now it would have to do.

The Head Girl took the bottle and the girls down to the office where they would be tested. For now, Taisie was the only culprit available. The student was on the list of gifted students so now was a good as time as any to meet this young woman. The kunoichi would find a note on her door at the dorms ordering the student to head to Vera's room/office up in the tower suite.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:44 pm

Post Re: Trouble, Trouble, Trouble With a Capital 'T' (Vera)
It was odd enough the rumors floating about, but what were odder were the students that began to look at her strangely. Not that she fancied herself to be a popular person, but all the looks and sudden turn to whisper from her were starting to irritate her some. Word had traveled fast from the three students about the contraband being real and the culprit was a modeled, athletic, good grade girl to do it. Gossip never did help anyone in the long run.

After classes were over, she made her trek to her dorm plus the strange looks and whispers. But upon her dorm room she finds a rather questioning note on her door, demanding her to go the suite ASAP. She furrows her brows for memory of a transgression against the school, but nothing came to mind. She had heard wisps of Head Girls. They were supposedly notorious for being brutal and harsh, which wasn’t saying much given college was drama filled any ways. The only time one was to get a note like this was that they were in big trouble. She can only imagine what misdemeanor would cause this but she had little choice.

After washing her face, she slips into more comfortable black shoes then what she was given now that classes had ended. Her vest and tie were dispensed over a chair before she began her trek to the tower of which was told to go to. During her short trip she continued to ponder her reason for being asked but came up with nothing. She had no dress code violations… no property damage… what was it? Was there a new rule in place she had not been told about? She was a calm girl on the outside and inside so being nervous was not an issue. And she was not one to be rude. Unless whomever she was going to speak with would be rude first then she would be polite and respectful. But she just couldn’t quite put her finger on what could be the issue and it was driving her crazy.

Soft sounds of her shoes against the floor fade from the elevator’s range as it closes. Meanwhile her arms were used as a wrack for jacket that she allowed to hang just a little to the side in front of her. Depending on if the air conditioning may be cold or if a personality turned icy, she saw reason to probably bring it in case of a long talk. More clothing did calm the nerves after all if she did lose her cool. Her breasts were pushed up further from her arms before beneath them and her skirt was constantly pulled at for coverage of her privates. Even though she wore panties it was still a bit flashy to show them off, at least the way she was brought up it was.

With a soft sigh she lifts her knuckles to the door and knocks gently, but firmly enough for it to be heard clearly. Only until she was told to come in did she do so. Now with a single arm holding the jacket at her side she walks into the room to find a rather young looking woman that seemed to be stacked with many papers on her desk. Silver hair brought out her facial features, especially her striking blue eyes. No doubt the woman may be drawn to her genetic abnormality of having Complete Heterochromia in her eyes. Both red and blue eyes look at her for a moment before she breaks her overlook of the woman. She seemed mildly athletic which gained some points for Taisie, since she always found it good to see high ranked women in good shape.

She bows respectfully to the silver-haired woman before taking a seat in front of her. Crossing her legs over to better cover her privates, she looks to her curiously before opening her mouth…

“I was informed to come to this room. I assume you're the one who called me. Is… there a problem of some sorts?” she asks softly and calmly to the woman. Might as well not beat around the bush and find out about the stares, whispers, and summoning.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:24 pm

Vera did not have to wait long for Taisie's arrival. Having read the woman's file, it did not take a genius to see some things did not fit. The student had above average grades and besides the disappearance, has had near perfect attendance and little to no demerits.

This could very well be just a visage and things are completely different behind closed doors. But their was very little info about the woman's activities outside of class. A very under the radar sort of person. Now with rumors spreading, it was becoming impossible to ignore this student. Vera did wish for more time and certainly did not like the fact those three students are more than likely spreading the news. It would take too long for the proper authorities to study the evidence, the staff wanted action done now or rather they just want a student punished to get their rocks off.

She called the student into her room upon hearing the knock at her door. Taisie was indeed a very attractive student, a mixture of lithe curves and athletic muscle made a well proportioned female before heer. Vera nods to the respectful bow and allows Tai to sit down before moving on to business.

"Correct, I did call for you Taisie," she replied, "A number of students have approached me including a small group with evidence revealing that you are in possession of alcohol. As a Head Girl, I am willing to hear your plea but be aware that we have found a number of bottles in your gym locker. This is a very grave offense even for a student as supposedly good as yourself."

Vera rests her elbows on her desk, her fingers folded infront of her face as she looks at the student. She already had doubts that this woman did it. But without proof or an alibi, there was nothing to save her from punishment. Being under the radar had it's flaws when you have no one to turn to when in trouble.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:46 pm

For a few moments it took Taisie to register that this offense could very be fool-proof in regarding it as a flaw. Her absence had left her belongings, materials and room open for all to come in. The fact her absence was for a long time, given that’s what she’s heard from a few students, a gym teacher may have let a student who did not have a locker have hers for the time being. Who knows how the bottles managed to get into her locker, but one thing was clear.

“Well, I imagine having alcohol on the premises is by far very offensive to the school staff and fellow students alike. Not only that, it’s very… stupid… pardon the lack of terms to use.

It’s only been three days since I woke up in my room. I mean, some students have told me I disappeared for months, but I don’t recall a thing prior to being knocked out for so long. I have no demerits accounted for, Sensei, so surely I am not seen as the main suspect. With no pun or joke intended, Sensei, I need all the brain cells I’ve been given.

I understand your perception in accusing me as the items in question were in my locker, but my hands are clean of them. I haven’t touched my locker in months and actually I was going to go to it to change after school and go to the gym to see how far behind I am in my fighting abilities. I apologize for this nuisance, Otsukare-sama.”

She treated Vera with high respect in order to understand how her locker managed to get broken into. It was rather troublesome to think that the perpetrator responsible is laughing it up, knowing she may very well take the fall for this. ‘Being under the radar’ as Vera calls it is something that happened given her personality. She wasn’t one to pursue relationships. It was amazing she opened up even a little to Kanoe when she did. But that is the only memory she has of this island. She’s yet to even meet a monster let alone come into contact with a bad influence like a drunk.

Out of all of this, she was amazed someone managed to smuggle not one, but a few bottles of liquor into the school in the first place. She could only sit and wait for Vera’s response. She remained calm and collected, looking to the silver-haired Head Girl with the intent to listen and keep her attention fully to the woman with eye contact. She was innocent and had no reason to be nervous or afraid.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:35 pm

Taisie told her things she already knew. The situation had not changed and it was doubtful the woman had any form of defense to protect her besides her past record. "If your past record was enough to prove your innocence, I would not have had to call you here," she replied cooly, "Your disappearance only hurts your position further. Though I may not say it, others may conclude that your absence was due to those very bottles that were found in your possession. That could also explain why you cannot recall what happened during that time frame."

"Word travels fast in this school and already everyone is accusing you for the contraband," she continued, "The school has no choice but to take action unless you have information that could prove you innocent or that someone else is guilty. It could very well be someone planted those items but you have no information to assist in your case and the staff are less than patient on the matter. The longer it takes for correction to be done, the more likely someone else will take advantage and pull this stunt again. Unless you have something to offer or proof, I will have no choice but to continue on to correcting you."

It was unfair for an innocent student to be punished but Vera had not much to say in the matter. The school wanted someone to be punished for this and their crosshairs were on Taisie with the limited evidence they had. It was a pity, their could be potential uses for this woman if only this one would be willing to stand a bit further out from the others. For now though, she will continue with what is currently planned and see how this woman reacts.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:27 pm

She could only give a very long; heart felt sigh as the woman continues her resolve to do what needed to be done to keep the Administration happy. Her absence had proven to be a dampener in her alibi, but she knew bluntly she was not a drunk. If it was for this woman to correct her for something she didn’t do, then Taisie had no control over it. Despite the staff and the Admen’s perception in finding the truth, it was rather sad to know she would be faulted for something she did not do.

“I have no information, Sensei. I have no defense, no knowledge of my absence and I have no alibi. You want to correct the problem and I understand that. But I am not a drunk. I will forever refuse this accusation until it is resolved and the person is caught. It’s rather sad because the person may very well get away with it and move on to another person to plant evidence.”

She simply leans back in her chair and looks to her with a tired expression. As unfortunate as it was, it would only prove to be a rather awkward situation when the actual person was caught and they would have to explain that to the woman they accused first hand. She was hardly given the chance to stand out let alone make the choice of not doing so. The only one that could possibly be close as a friend here was Kanoe. But she wouldn't drag the woman into this any ways.

“You have no way of… checking for my finger prints on the bottles do you…? Well, I stand by what I say despite what has happened. If you wish to punish me for something I have not committed to ease some tension then I can’t do anything about it. I have been respectful and have had a short time to catch up on my work for school. I thought perhaps since I was an athlete and well-rounded student that perhaps one would think twice before accusing me of this.

I’m not a threat to your staff or my fellow students so I have to wonder why I’ve been put in this position. Surely to you I am just prolonging the inevitable. But I refuse; I refuse to take the blame for someone else. I don’t know how you can conclude my absence was due to alcohol. Where would I go when we’re on an island, Sensei? I would not be absent for months from liquor, even if it were possible to hide here.

I have no form of defense except for my obvious ignorance of this entire matter. Sensei, I don’t know what to say to this at all. I’ve never been in this position before to be punished and have my record tarnished. I'll continue to pronounce my innocence and I will be respectful to you, as it is not your fault this has happened in any case. I'm just... not... very happy as you can imagine. Pardon me for my aggravation and frustration, Sensei,” she says softly, although she doesn't show her aggravation or frustration much except for deep sighs to keep herself calm and collected.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:53 pm

The Head Girl listened calmly to Tai's words. She did not seem bothered by the woman's rise in tension. This was a difficult matter. An otherwise good student was going to have a tarnished name because of a few pranksters. There were still options on how to deal with this though.

"There is only one other option I can take if I were to spare you," Vera said softly, "But, it would put me at a disadvantage if I were proven wrong. The school wants someone to pay for this blatant disregard of the rules. If another name or names were provided and were punished, they would be satisfied."

"It would be a pity to take you down to the basement and give you more reasons to fear this school and island," she continued, "You know very well how... unfair this place can be to students such as you and myself. But, you must provide me a good reason of why I should stick my neck out for an above average but common student."

The silver haired woman did not go further about the price. She wanted to see what this Taisie was capable of. The girl was definitely unique and it would be pleasant to have another source of information. But until this one grows to something more than a common student, what was available was limited. This was another rare opportunity to pick at the brain of another potential mana user.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:21 pm

“Perhaps you don’t know, but I vanished rather quickly when I first arrived. I wouldn’t know what you mean about the basement. And I don’t have an issue with this school at all either so your comments leave me to wonder what you mean. But that’s not my very main concern.”

She ponders the rest of Vera’s words carefully; her eyes seemed focused as she thought deeply on this ‘option’. It sounded as if she wanted Taisie to provide other names for this transgression. She may be reading wrong, but hopefully not. She sits up and pulls her legs down to bend beneath her under the chair.

“Do I understand you want me to give you names of possible offenders?”

The woman wasn’t being very clear to her with the fact she had just woken up from hibernation basically. Of course her sense of understanding was shaky. She hoped this wouldn’t aggravate Vera for her to be a bit clearer.

“May I ask how my locker was opened to find the accused items? If it’s not too much trouble to answer… who was it that approached you on this matter to begin with?”

Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:07 pm

It was not exactly what she intended but it works nonetheless. Being a Head Girl was never easy, nothing could be said directly. It was much like running a business and dealing with politics. The woman did catch on well enough though.

"For safety of the ones who provided the information, I cannot give you their names," Vera replied, "But, if you believe they are the ones at fault then I could consider their names as the ones to punish. As I said before, if future evidence shows this to be false though it would be my record that will be tarnished."

"This would please the staff enough to leave the matter be but it is still with it's own risks," she said softly, "And why should I risk myself for one who merely exists day by day in her own little world? You show great respect but that would not save me if I were to be punished for this offer. As much as it would be... nice to keep you ignorant of what the basement holds, I see no reason to risk myself and my position for you as of right now."

Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:26 pm

“Then don’t risk your position, Sensei,” she says simply as she regards the woman carefully, “I’m not very fond of placing the blame on another, but if it just so happens that they have demerits on them and have not been taken cared of yet then I see no reason for them to not get their punishment sooner rather then later.”

Her feelings were mixed about putting the burden on someone else, but it was quite likely whoever came to Vera was certainly trying to start something. She was still a bit puzzled as to why her locker was opened in the first place, but it seemed to be ignored by the Head Girl completely.

“But as for having to stick your neck out… Perhaps if you’re interested in martial arts, I would be more then delighted to teach you defensive moves against students who would retaliate.”

She may be respectful and a good student, but if anyone was to blame for this problem, it was probably the girls spreading the rumors around. Not that she cared much about her ‘reputation’; it was just another annoyance to deal with. She was mildly happy inside that Vera may help her get these culprits. As a kunoichi she was taught to be stealthy and be secretive. As a martial art’s specialist, she was taught to be proud and be honorable.

“It really doesn’t concern me of the other girls, Sensei. They sound guilty to me enough to make the assumption they planted the evidence.”

Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:50 pm

A soft knock came to Vera’s door before the head Girl could reply to Taisie’s comment. When the word was given it was alright, Clarice steps in with a short smile before approaching the woman behind the desk. She bows her head respectfully for a moment before standing at attention. Her sash hung loosely over her uniform that was in the outer wear phase.

“Miss Vera, I’ve come to check in with you. Your last guest here has been taken cared of,” she puts softly before turning her head to Taisie. She does a double take for a moment, having been taken off guard by the woman heterchromia gene. Realizing Vera was talking matters of the contraband issue with this woman she turns to Vera again.

“Umm, Miss Vera. I’m hoping this isn’t the student you’re thinking is possibly the culprit behind the alcohol findings in the locker.”

((Didn't have much to put right now. :oops: ))

Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:40 am

Vera smiled faintly at the term 'they sound guilty' such a phrase is what led Taisie to this predicament in the first place. The woman obviously wanted the out offered. There was no reason not to want it as the woman was innocent in the first place. Only that pride and concious is keeping her from making an offer. Martial arts was an interesting offer though there was more she wanted this one.

Her eyes narrow slightly to the sound of a knock at her door. "Enter.." She called out. Clarice, her first Prefect seemed to be coming to make her report. The mystic had become much more willing in her duties as of late. The transition from student to something a bit more had gone much smoother since their first encounter. Perhaps having a few similar interests helped in that matter.

"And what if it is what I am thinking, Clarice?" she replied coldly, "If you have an issue speak it, I will not sit by and let you mock my decisions. But if you are so curious on such matters, this is who the staff believes to be the culprit. I do not have much say in the matter. Is there anything else, Clarice?"

Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:05 am

Taisie regarded the woman entering the room for a moment, raising a brow as she double takes her. Was she that breath-taking? The thought amused her inside which helped her considering the conversation between the Prefect and the Head Girl. Seems the Prefect had a way with words to make the Head Girl scowl like she did.

She simply nods for her presence to be known. She found it entertaining to be talked about like she wasn't even there. Which in all matters was fine by her by any means. She was good at keeping under the radar and she wanted to continue to be one.

"I'm sorry to interrupt between you two, but do I know you... Clarice was it? Why are you coming to my defense if you don't mind my asking?"

Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:37 am

“I meant nothing by what I said, Miss Vera.”

She regards the woman with a soft smile before putting a hand beneath her chin as if to think more clearly. Vera always managed to get fired up at the littlest thing, but that was not her concern. She had briefly heard someone was being accused of the contraband but she didn’t catch wind of whom until just now.

“You’re Taisie, aren’t you? Kanoe spoke about you quite a few months ago. She never did get to thank-you for teaching her some Japanese. She spoke of your eyes and being as that’s a rare gene, I figure it must be you. And with your blue hair there’s no doubt.”

She gestures to Taisie while she turns her head and tries her best to be respectful to Vera as she normally tried to be.

“There’s no way this woman is harboring contraband, Miss Vera. Kanoe wouldn’t make friends with someone who is an alcoholic… plus… she gifted, Miss Vera. There’s no way a gifted person would go for such pitiful thrills. Kanoe trusts her so I vouch on my position you’ve got the wrong girl.”

Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:43 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next