View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 11:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Dreamscapes (for Kanoe) 

Post Dreamscapes (for Kanoe)
Midnight. So there he had been attached to the wall for better than an hour now. It had been a good thing that there had been a light rain since no one wished to be caught out in it. Suction cups had a good hold on the building, his skin a maroon color to better blend in with the brick he had been clung to.

He had waited until Kanoe had called it a night and retired to bed. The memory of her had been plucked straight out of Clarice's mind which had brought him to now.

While he had been capable of mixing up things to better adapt to most situations he had gone to assaulting Clarice quicker. But now, with Kanoe, he had assessed his game plan and figured that they're were elements to adapt to. To try his tentacles in "new" realms.

Now he had not been to diverse in entering dreams mainly because he had not delved in that realm. But he figured now was the time for enhancing that ... besides even with the inhibitors on the island he found that he had still keenly felt electrical magic and figured that it was best not to take any chances and be exposed to such a dreadful attack.

But as Kanoe hit REM sleep he altered her brain waves as he pressed inside her head. Her current dream melting away as she had been adorned in a long flowing white gown that had been dirty and torn in places.

Chains had secured her wrists and while she did have some free reign in moving them from the wall they had been secured to there had not been much.

Looking around she would see that she was in a dungeon of sorts. The only light here had been that which filtered in from a hallway one story above here. She would hear the creak of the wooden door as someone walked out onto the landing there then began to descend the stone stairs.

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:58 am

Post Re: Dreamscapes (for Kanoe)
If anything good could be said about the school and her current servitude, it would that sleep came easy. With classes, studying her magic, and being ravaged by monsters the dark witch found herself exhausted by the nights end. Even the less eventful days were tiring as if the body was trying to catch up on the sleep it had lost. Slipping into a black nightgown, Kanoe slipped into bed. Her hand gently stroked the untouched pillow beside her. Another long night for Clarice... Closing her eyes, she finally fell asleep.

The sound of chains woke the witch up as she found herself in a medieval sort of dungeon. Rising to her feet, she took in her surroundings. Her wrists were bound and the tug on her arm showed she could only walk so far due to it being attached to the stone wall nearby.

Dreams had a tendency to fill in the blanks. Kanoe felt like she was a prisoner but was not sure why or by whom. She did not even think of trying to use magic to break the chains as her awareness was still disoriented. The witch took a few moments to walk the small perimeter her chain could reach, trying to figure out what was going on.

The creaking door made her jump in a slight shock. Hearing the footsteps, she tried to move closer to the door. Her only source of light, the witch tried to squint through the tiny barred window. She had to at least know who had captured her like this.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:47 pm

Down the stairs he went, a man with moccha colored skin and a black mustache. His hair was as black as a raven's feather while a jagged pink scar rested upon his cheek.

He wore a tabbard over his clothes that seemed outdated by a few centuries. He smiled at her, a savage thing seeing that it had given his brown eyes a sinister look. "Confess and save yourself," he intoned his voice stern as he spoke this.

"If not then I will not spare any trick, witch."

He studied her for a moment. "Nothing? Well then we shall begin in King Fernand's name and his majesty always gets what he desires."

Character Listing

Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:37 am

Kanoe backed away from the door as the man approached. The man was dressed like the villain as he smiled at the helpless student. The sight of the tabbard must mean she was in a castle and he was serving under a king or some sort of faction. More questions were answered when he began throwing threats at the witch.

Confess? What was he talking about? But hearing him refer to her as a witch made her tremble slightly. "What do you want with me? Why have you imprisoned me here? Release me at once." She hissed angerly as she backed up towards the wall. As a witch, she was ready to use magic to stop this man if necessary. Her shadow magic should be enough to subdue the man and break these chains. Then she can escape from here. Where ever here may be.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:17 pm

"Confession is good for the soul," he grinned fiendishly, his eyes falling towards her. He had been aware of her magic it seemed though probably not to it's effectiveness. "I'm Inquisitor Hernandez," he stated, his eyes moving from her to the chains. He moved up to her standing just outside her reach.

"I'm glad that you wish to confess, it will make things far easier. So you admit to your black arts and that you are a bride to Satan?"

Character Listing

Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:10 pm

Her eyes narrow at the titles she was being accused of. Of course being called a witch was not the part that bothered her. Calling her a witch is like calling the sky blue. But, the old titles meant that if she admitted to this she would be burned at the stake or worse. She had to get out of here now.

"Yes..." she replied coldly, "Here is my confession..." The room filled with the spidery words of magic. With the room nearly pitch black, the Inquisitor would have to struggle to notice the shadows were swirling about in the palms of her hands. Fools, binding her wrists infront of her still gave her access to simple spells.

With a sharp cry, she thrusts both palms forward sending forth a large swirling orb of condensed darkness. She aimmed for center mass of the man's body where the orb would collide and explode in a large concussive force. The witch did not waste time after throwing the spell as she chanted against focused her magic directly at the chain binding her to the wall.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:21 pm

Hernandez cocked an eyebrow as the room darkened, his gaze going upward to the ceiling as if he could see something there thus he had missed the fact that shadows had been crawling across the palms of her hands.

When he had looked back at her it had been in time to witness the dark orb spiraling towards his chest. He had to act fast but he found that his feet had been locked to the ground as shock overtook him. He had been struck full on with that concussive force flung back like a rag doll his head cracked up against the wall before his body slumped to the ground.

Breathing but unconscious ...

Working on the chains had been easier than even she could imagine. The chains securing her had been quite old and it had been obvious that those here had not known how to deal with true spellcasters.

Though the lone guard outside in the hall had not bothered with peeking his head in assuming that the inquisitor had begun his work ...

Character Listing

Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:55 am

The witch sighed softly as she let the tingling euphoria she felt from channeling wash over her body and passed on. The attack went perfectly and the chains had shattered by her other bolt leaving her with just the shackles attaching her wrists together. Once freed, she immediately went over to the fallen inquisitor and searched for keys for her shackles.

Whether she found some or not, Kanoe would continue down the hall either free or still bound. Without even hesitating, the witch channeled her dark powers once more as she sent another bolt straight for the guard who was doing a poor job at guarding. If she was still bound she would search for keys again before moving towards the stairs.

She was at a complete disadvantage here. The witch had no idea where she was or what this castle looked like. All she knew was she needed to get out of here anyway she can. Kanoe could only hope she would not have to try and fight off the entire guard to do so. If she was caught, they would no doubt burn her for being a witch. This was for more than just freedom, this was survival.

Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:37 pm

The inquisitor had on his person three keys. One for the door of the room which he had not relocked, keys to her shackles and a third key that she failed to understand any significance of. The guard had been easy to deal with seeing that by the time he looked towards the shape that had been forming at the corner of his eye he had been struck too turning in time to see her, his mouth dropping opened to say something, perhaps shout for reinforcements.

But this had been to no avail as he dropped to the stone floor.

She had been freed for all of two minutes when a portion of the wall cracked opened revealing a secret passage way. There had been a young woman there in her late teens, dressed in servant's garb. Her sandy brown hair peeled down to hover below her ears, she smiled, held a finger up to her lips to indicate silence and then beckoned towards Kanoe to approach.

Character Listing

Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:13 pm

She thanked both heaven and hell on finding keys. With her wrists now free, she had a wider access to her magic should it be necessary and with how things were going she was no doubt going to need it. Now all that was left was getting out of this castle before more guards notice that the inquisitor had not returned or the changing of the guard happens.

Kanoe was so tense that when the very walls began to grind open, she leapt back several feet. The incantations were already forming on her lips as mana flowed down her arm. Her eyes widen slightly at the sight of the young servant woman. Most likely one of the servants of this castle. Her mouth opened to speak to this woman but the finger silenced her.

Her options were few but at least they were more than what they were before. She could either try to fight her way out or she could trust this woman and follow this supposedly secret passage. Kanoe could not help but wonder why this passage was there but for the sake of time, she quickly stepped through the secret door. Only then did the witch realize that she was completely tense and for good reason. Once the door closed, she finally sighed as she took long deep breaths to calm herself.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:45 pm

There were secret passages that went all about the castle notably known only to the royal family to garner an escape if necessary but she had played with the princess when they were younger and learned of them. She shouldn't have been playing with the princess nor in secret passages but they were hardly more than toddlers and knew no better.

When the door closed it had been apparent that they were in a cavern of some sort, a narrow passage about five feet in width that honey combed the castle. Corridors branched off here and there while torches set in sconces lined the walls every thirty feet or so.

The girl gestured to Kanoe to follow and when they had been well on their way she spoke in a soft, subservient voice. "I'm Shey," she began, "I already know your name ... they mean to kill you Kanoe regardless if you confess or not. The only alternative is flight before it is too late."

Character Listing

Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:48 am

Kanoe followed the servant woman deeper into the caverns. It consisted of only narrow passages dimly lit with a torch here and there. Shey finally gave her name and some information she had already gathered on her own. She would have been killed even if not proven as a witch. It was all a stunt to calm the masses of the supposed devil worshippers.

But that still left other questions. "Thank you Shey," she said softly, "But why are you helping me? If they find out that you assisted in my escape you will be taking my place in that dungeon." Perhaps it did not matter why. She was going to get out of this castle and as far away as possible before the search parties begin to scatter out for her.

Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:59 pm

Shey looked at her over her shoulder. She had been leading the way though the mass of caverns. A question no doubt that Shey would have asked had their positions been reverse.

"Trust me ... I would be there already if they knew I had dabbled in the arts. Not much but it is enough." She said calmly, smiled a little then peered into her eyes.

"I trust that they will not find out," there had been a power there as she had tried to manipulate her will with magic given strength to her words but off course she had been a novice at the arts and failed to do so pitifully.

But she must have figured that she had succeeded given that she turned back to the corridor before them ...

Character Listing

Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:11 am

Being with another witch was comforting or at least that would have been true if it were not for the attempting to charm her with magic. Kanoe felt the power in Shey's words but the channeling was sloppy and the spell failed. Seems the woman was as paranoid as she was about other people. The spell was probably to ensure her silence should she be caught by the royal guard again. Rather unnecessary but she will play along. There is nothing to gain from ratting out her potential savior.

"Where do these tunnel lead?" she asked, "Will it be enough of a headstart to get away from the guards?" The silence was deafening and she still had many questions she needed answered. She was a bit curious of whether this woman had been saving all witches that were captured or was she just the only lucky one? Kanoe shook her head gently, there was no point in dwelling on it. She was being freed, all she could do now was ensure that all this was no in vain.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:00 am

With no idea that her magic had utterly failed Shey moved on by the light of lit torches. It had been when she had halted, taking a torch from it's sconce for the passage ahead had been cast into darkness when she asked her question of her.

Shey paused for a moment as if thinking about things before responding. "About a mile, it comes out in the forest so once there is pretty difficult to find someone if they do not wish to be found. You should have a reasonable head start on people, less of one if they figure out that you went this way of course."

Character Listing

Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 194 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next