View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 1:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Rumor Mill Victims (For Kanoe) 

Post Rumor Mill Victims (For Kanoe)
It was a surprisingly temperate day considering the island they were on and the usual weather on it. Charlotte was a bit bugged by the uniform the school had given her. The skirt was fine; which all things considered and all the things she'd seen since she got there, was a miracle in itself and a mistake made somewhere on the supply lines, but the blouse she'd been supplied she couldn't close it. She tried but, it wouldn't close very well no matter how hard she tried, if it closed any less she may as well not have worn it and just gone to class in the school supplied bra... which also fit kind of poorly.. She ended up deciding to sear a white t-shirt under the blouse for the day to keep some sense of modesty until she could get in touch with the administration, not that she ever left her room without something under such a thin button down blouse.

Classes for the most part that day were pretty quiet . She went through the day from a simple math class, and then a psychology class and finally her last class of the day an ancient culture's class.

It was the ancient cultures class that caught her attention. For the passed few days she'd over heard quite a few rumors floating around about a resident witch at the school; rumors which were backed up by a few whispers from the things she could see. A girl with alabaster skin, long raven black hair and... a large chest; quoting the actual rumors 'enormous tits' but, Charlotte wouldn't repeat that even in her own head. And mind you they were about a junior, not a freshmen, which meant there was another student at the school considered at least as strange as her, of course she'd also heard the occasional rumor among the freshmen that there was a vampire living in the dorms... a woman with black hair, orchid eyes, alabaster skin, jet black hair that sported a skull clip and what not; and insane stories about her capturing students and them waking up with bite marks on them... something she was sure she'd never done...

In ancient cultures; on the first day of actually attending class (she'd been given a short reprieve due to difficulty finding some of her paperwork) right next to her sat a woman fitting that very description; the woman existed certainly but, were any of the rumors true; this was another thing entirely given how insane the rumor mill had gotten; even about her. She took a calm breath as she straightened her skirt in her seat. She shivered slightly as she sat glancing to the witch beside her for a moment.

Jeanette Rose Thompson

The True Pandora's Box

Lamenting lover Christopher

Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:32 am

Post Re: Rumor Mill Victims (For Kanoe)
Students were thankful for the air conditioned air flowing through the classrooms. The only thing they had to look forward as they head from one building to another was the unrelenting sun beating down on them. Kanoe was heading to her last class for the day as well. She had gotten into the habit of taking classes that may interest her more magical talents rather than what would help progress her degree plan. With all the strange creatures she had to deal with, any chance for more information would be taken assuming the price is not too high.

Just like the other students, Kanoe wore the standard uniform. Of course the blouse was too tight, the fabric hugging her large breasts as the buttons strained to keep it all together should she take a deep breath. If someone were to look hard enough, one could get peeks of the woman's pale skin through the gaps between the buttons. Her skirt was rather short, revealing much of thighs and would give a view of her black thong if she were to bend over or by going up stairs. The only thing out of uniform was a silver clasp with a clear jewel socket that was attached to the end of her long braid of hair. It lightly beated against the small of her back with each step she took, a reminder of her servitude to a monster on the island.

She arrived in class to find that there was someone sitting in the chair next to hers. It did not really bother her as new students come in from time to time and most probably did not hear all the rumors that float around about the witch. Kanoe took her seat, crossing her legs before she pulls out a journal to write notes in. Depending on how the lecture goes, she may actually write things involving the class. Otherwise, she may just begin writing runes from memory to help her other studies.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:00 am

It was an odd coincidence really; they looked quite a bit similar, they could probably have passed for some sort of relation though Kanoe's features were sharper than Charlotte's; all except for teeth of course but that was far from obvious. The freshmen that drifted in the moment's before class began looked almost frightened when they noticed Charlotte's eyes, she just sighed to herself as the girl that took the other chair next to her shifted it away by almost half a foot.
What the hell do they think I'm going to do to them... damned just out of high school idiots

The professor walked in quietly; she was an unimposing sort; dark skin, obviously dyed blonde hair, she was pretty enough too; she spoke with a bit of a brazillian accent, next to her however; Charlotte saw another young woman; a misty figure with floor length hair and a long dress; other features were a bit vague, Kanoe would more than likely sense an obvious source of detached mana drfiting in with their professor.

”Good afternoon class; for the benefit of the new faces to class I'll repeat what I said last lecture; we're going from the more commonly recognized civilizations such as ancient greek and egyptian to the more obscure lesser spoken about cultures.”
the paused taking a seat at her desk taking out a laptop and scrolling through. The spirit began to speak simply.
I do hope you'll forgive her for what she has wrong about the second half... she means well... she barely got her masters in anthropology...
Charlotte pinched the bridge of her nose; it was the third professor she'd seen with something attached to them, not all of them her professors but, she was beginning to wonder why they all seemed to have something weighing them down... she also wondered why these things attached themselves to people but that was beside the point.

”Today we'll be beginning with ancient egyptian religion, as a result we'll be speaking a great deal about the occult; as many of these ancient religions are heavily steeped in mysticism.”
the spirit shifted slightly leaning on the chair of the professor, the woman shivered a little as ghostly fingers slipped through her.
Charlotte muttered slightly under her breath though people next to her could probably hear
”alright... just focus on the professor, no one else even knows there is something else there Charlotte, it doesn't even know you see it so it won't bother you unless you actually draw attention of that fact to yourself... you don't need one of them trying to talk to you in class... bad enough they talk to you constantly outside of it...”

When she was done calming herself she opened a notebook and found her pen; as she flipped through looking for a clean page several recognizable symbols could be seen; some runes for spells, others though would be obscure, their purpose unclear though it was clear that the runes came from different traditions.

Jeanette Rose Thompson

The True Pandora's Box

Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:35 pm

The similarities were noticable. If it were not for the odd perfections of Kanoe's body, 'gifts' from various monsters, they could have passed as siblings. The rest of the class soon arrived as did the professor. The dark witch felt a strange tingling sensation over her skin. After so many years on the island, she could only gather it was something magical or otherwise unnatural was nearby. Unfortunately, there was little she could do about it. If it was a monster, it would attack in a way that the others would not notice. If it was a spell, there was nothing she could really do to prevent it. There was enough rumors spreading about her, she did not want to add any more of them.

Todays class was just going to be a recap. Kanoe already had notes for the previous classes so there was no reason to be concerned about it at all. With nothing to worry about, the witch continued with her more magical of studies. Runes were scribbled in her journal, occasionally erasing and redoing various ones. This just allowed her to get a head start on what she intended to work on back in her dorm room.

That was the plan anyway. But, her grip tightened on her pencil as she started to hear mumbling from her new neighbor beside her. Kanoe did not want to hear this woman's thoughts be spoken outloud. The fact she could nto really understand what was being said did not make it any less annoying. Her jaw clenched as she waited to see if this would end soon or if she was going to have to take action.

The mood changed immediately when she saw the woman's notes. It was not exactly organized but there was runes she could recognize. It was hard to tell if the woman had any genuine interest in magic as it seemed more like a bunch of random runes taken from numerous sources. Still it was enough to calm her nerves and return her own notes, unaware of the spirit that was in the classroom.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:44 pm

She didn't say another word for most of the class; she drifted into a mix of notes for things she didn't already know & occasionally going back to previous notes; those on runes.
The lecture droned on for awhile; Charlotte hearing two versions at once of it didn't help her nerves but, she did a good enough job of jotting down the notes of the physical professor, she'd had enough experience with the world to know people didn't like to be told some of their 'facts' were wrong. At least when the only proof was 'the ghost behind you told me so'.

There was no monster attack, and no sign of any spell as the class would finally end on a note about the role of the Ur Hekau; both the priest and one of his tools. the source of the energy didn't change or move much at all. The class hurried off for the most part while Charlotte returned her books to her simple bag; some papers fell from them; they held several sets of runes, each set from a different source, it one of her various attempts to translate runes and separate their various parts; their subject, their object or focus, and the various adjectives all translated from rune to english. This was something she'd filled parts of the lonely last three years with; mostly through careful trial and error.

The most completely covered spell was a simple spell that gathered water at various levels; there were several versions all on the one sheet. This level of detail wouldn't have been possible by someone without a great interest & perhaps even some practical ability it the art.

She obviously hadn't yet noticed she'd dropped the papers as she got to her feet. The rather blank distant expression on her face probably didn't help the rumors about her very much. Her mind was elsewhere though; mostly on the side studies these papers revealed.

Jeanette Rose Thompson

The True Pandora's Box

Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:12 pm

The class went uneventful for the witch which could not be said the same for the student sitting next to her. The woman fell silent, leaving them both to work on their notes without interruption. With nothing happening, Kanoe had already calmed down from the strange sensation she felt in the beginning of class. She may or may not be safe but at least the class itself did not involve any embarassing attacks.

The shifting of seats sound the end of class as students quickly made their way out to head back to the dorms or to their next class for the day. The woman next to her quickly got up as well, accidently dropping a number of pages of her notes but did not seem to notice at all. The witch gazed the papers, picking them up as she noticed the student leaving the room already. Sighing, she shook her head and quickly tried to catch up.

"Excuse me," she called out to Charlotte, "I believe you dropped these." The witch offered the papers to woman as she continued. "These are not things you should let others see. This school is quick to spread bad rumors and I doubt you want such unwanted attention." Besides that, she did not want any outsiders or worse monsters getting a hold of this information. Kanoe had enough troubles with more magical beings, she did not want any of the other creatures learning similar tricks.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:30 pm

She turned to Kanoe for a moment; she noticed the odd levels of perfection in the woman's face; she took it as a sign of the art of some sort. She took the papers with a simple nod to herself more than anything.
”Oh, Thank you.” going to need to transcribe these into another notebook now; suppose I couldn't expect a cheap book like that to last more than a couple of years
As she carefully folded the papers putting them away in the pocket of her vest makign sure to close the pocket.
”as for how quickly rumors start; I know unfortunately. I already over hear people talking about a vampiress that skulks the dorms. Long black hair, with a skull clip in it, glowing orchid eyes, short velvet black dress and shining white fangs... apparently she drags students off and they awake with bitemarks in their neck...”

The air of contempt in her voice; and the elongated top canines she sported were obvious. Given the description she gave made it clear the person that particular rumor was about was standing before Kanoe.
”and I've only been here for about a wekk but, you're right, rumors or not it's dangerous for things like this to be left lying around. Forgive me, I really hadn't expected my notebook to begin falling apart as it apparently has. ”

She checked her bag quickly to make sure it was closed.
”Also heard a rumor about a junior saying she was a witch.”
she said in such a matter of fact tone. She turned back towards the door for a moment before she continued.
”May I ask how you knew these notes might cause bad rumors?”

Jeanette Rose Thompson

The True Pandora's Box

Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:58 pm

The papers were quickly accepted. The dark witch did not really have any care about rumors about some vampire student especially if the woman was referring to herself. In Kanoe's case, the rumors kept pests away from her and gradually attracted those that may be of use to her. After the few years on this island, the rumors were well known enough that she did not have to lift a finger to have interested beginners come to her for assistance.

Though the sharpened canines were strange, it was not something that necessarily bothered. Now if they suddenly elongated or otherwise grew much like they do in the various horror and fantasy novels about vampires, then she may have to seek some garlic. The contempt in the woman's voice was not really gaining any points with the witch but this was merely a casual exchange.

The student made sure she had the notes secure in her bag before going on about other rumors that seemed to involve the woman that just helped her out. "You already answered your question before asking it," she replied simply, "If it takes little to hear rumors about witches, then anything that looks out of the ordinary to normal students may be considered witchcraft." Kanoe was not going to just claim the rumors are true much less just say she practices magic. She knew nothing about this woman beyond some odd similarities and some interest in magic. Out in the middle of a hallway filled with students coming to and from class was not the best place to speak about such topics.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:19 pm

She smiled faintly then hearing Kanoe's response. Idly her hand toyed with the edge of her vest; this was no more than an unconscious habit of course.
”Too bad people judge others so quickly and so groundlessly on something based purely on looks or events taken out of context. Though it is nice to know I'm not alone.”
what she wasn't alone in was something she wasn't entirely clear about.

”Sorry if I seemed rude, The entire concept of rumors just aggravates me to no end. My name's Charlotte if you care to know...”
for a moment she paused trying to choose her words a bit more carefully from here on so she'd know what was being said without too many others understanding completely.

”Since you just met me, I doubt you'd want to go find somewhere less crowded to talk about these rumors & notes more, that would probably take some level of trust wouldn't it?”
Trust she knew was a difficult thing to gain and more than likely needed for spending any time alone or relatively alone, with anyone. Of course she didn't know about the threat of monsters on this island which was a much better reason for needing to be careful about who you trusted

Jeanette Rose Thompson

The True Pandora's Box

Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:42 pm

Charlotte brought attention to her open blouse though the white shirt helped cover the woman's modesty. The student was almost as tall as the dark witch and was nearly as well endowed. Kanoe had a bit more of an hourglass figure compared to the other student but the similarities did not go unnoticed. Even the darker attitude was similar. The question was if these two would bond or will they clash due to their similar nature.

"Kanoe," she replied, introducing herself, "I am free for the moment so I do not mind talking someplace with a bit more privacy." Kanoe let Charlotte lead the way as they walked the halls and exited the building. She would not mind where she is taken as long as it was not too deep into the forest. Having never seen this student before, she assumed this was a new student. There was a good chance this one has not been attacked yet. Kanoe was not so lucky, being attacked on her first night arriving on the island.

"You said you wished to speak more about your notes," she said once they were away from the other students, "Is there something you are trying to do with them then? Or is this just a curiosity?" Kanoe still decided to show some caution with this stranger. Perhaps it was her paranoia or the fact it would not be the first time she was fooled by a disguised monster. Still, if this one was gifted, having another ally would make her feel a bit better.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:00 pm

Charlotte listened quietly as she led the way outside the building. She looked at her watch for a second. She took several moments letting her eyes wander for a bit. She wasn't sure where would be a good quiet place to talk about sensitive subjects like these. There was the woods right near by but, she knew she wouldn't want to go with someone she just met into the woods; where you might get lost, or of course killed and not found for quite some time. The dorms provided some comfort and at this time of day would probably be mostly empty; students on break this early would be having fun at the beach or the pool and others would have classes but, going into someone who was essentially a stranger's room wasn't the most comfortable thing either but, it would be much better an option than a forest.

”The only place I can think of is one of our rooms; if you have a better suggestion Please feel free to offer.”
she was trying to sound friendly to the elder student; and it was a good chance to hear about other quiet places to talk or practice if there were places like that here..

”My notes are just translations in different contexts to help me learn the subtleties so I can manipulate them more easily... of course there is also a bit of curiosity there but, I'm sure even you're curious at some level.”
Her own caution was natural from a somewhat sheltered hidden life within an empty mansion on a mostly empty hill in what could easily have been considered a ghost town with how few residents were actually there; that and she didn't need witch craft added to the rumors about her, they were bad enough as it was.

Jeanette Rose Thompson

The True Pandora's Box

Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:14 pm

"Would you prefer going to your room or mine?" she asked, "I have no roommate so we should not be disturbed." Some amount of trust would have to be shared between the two if they are to gain any ground whether it be from one woman or the other. Kanoe was fine with going to another student's room assuming Charlotte did not mind. Her own room was rather quiet and well kept and having guests over was nothing new to her.

Whichever is decided, that student would lead the way to her room. Luckily most of the paths to and from the classrooms had some shade as the sun was still heating the ground they walked on. "It is true that I have such interests," she admits, "What do you mean by manipulate them? Are you actually able to use magic?" There was no easier way to ask and they could not hide all their secrets if they hoped to make any sort of meaningful conversation.

Kanoe opened the door for Charlotte as they arrive in the dorm building. There were a few students coming and going as they entered the main hall and began climbing the stairs to their floor. "Have you been on Shokushu for long?" she asked, figuring it be best to learn some of the other details as well.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:37 pm

She was a bit surprised that Kanoe offered her room for their chat. She smiled a bit at that; she was glad she herself hadn't needed to be the one to offer trust but, she'd give it a bit more freely now.
”your room in that case.”
She decided quickly enough following Kanoe towards her room. The Witch's question caught her as a bit blunt but, she would have agreed that eventually they'd have no choice but to talk more frankly on the subject. Now may have been a bit more public than she'd hoped for but, it was really as good a time as any other.
”a few spells yes I can, but I'm still far from any sort of expert. I'm barely a novice more than likely. Is it safe for me to assume you can use the arts as well?”

She was honestly selling herself short; not that she knew that of course. The woman had more than enough mana to spare for spells, if she could actually USE the mana properly was another question entirely.
”I haven't been here long really, two weeks or so. I haven't really attended any classes until today though. They lost some of my paperwork and had to reprocess more than half of it actually, Has been uneventful except for being locked in the library with another student for a night.”

Jeanette Rose Thompson

The True Pandora's Box

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:02 am

She unlocked the door to her room, allowing Charlotte to enter before closing and locking the door behind her. To answer the woman's question, she snapped her fingers while saying a simple word of magic. Four candles that were on her table suddenly sparked with flames, providing a little bit of illumination. "Yes, I know some," she replied. Kanoe went ahead and turned on a few more lights to make it a bit more comfortable to sit and talk in. "There are a few other students that know magic as well though they vary in skill and style."

Her assumptions were correct that this woman was new to the school. "Well," she said softly, "I am glad your time here has been not as eventful as my first few weeks. Please, have a seat. Would you like anything to drink? I can get some water or make tea if you wish." Kanoe could blow out the candles before pulling out a chair for Charlotte to sit in. She would then get anything that was requested along with a glass for whatever Charlotte was having.

She sat across from the other woman. "I generally keep this table clean but during my studies I have numerous tomes and scrolls I attempt to read and translate. Do you study any particular magicks or do you just try to use what you find?" Kanoe stretched gently, relaxing in her chair. Being out of the sun was a nice improvement. Usually she would change out of the tight fitting uniform now but with a guest she did not want to make her uncomfortable.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:18 am

She walked into Kanoe's room as the door and smiled seeing the display of magic offered. It wasn't too impressive but, the ease she had in using it was enough for her.
”Well, I hadn't really expected there to be more than me let alone a few others in this school.
after putting down her bad she took a seat when offered and listened quietly for a few moments, smoothing out her skirt as she did, it was long enough to actually touch her knees as she sat, the blouse though she had no choice but to unbutton the rest of the way. She placed it on the back of her chair to help her feel a bit more comfortable. She was more than just a little glad to have worn the t-shirt beneath now.

”I'd hate to trouble you really, but I would love some tea actually.”
she couldn't help but wonder how Kanoe's first few weeks were eventful if being locked in a library didn't count as eventful.

“So we both keep busy then, as for my study, the tomes I had in my study back home were mostly on manipulating light and earth; there were some bits on liquids but, not enough to get too much out of... To be honest though I'm open to study any forms I can find given how rare true knowledge actually is.”
She didn't stretch as her hostess had; instead she sat with a serene calmness about her, finally she decided to just ask; she wanted to know if seeing what she saw was special to her or just a normal trait of those that could manipulate essenses.
“May I ask if any of the other students that can work magic can see & talk with spirits?”
She assumed 'most' of what she saw were spirits taking various forms; none of them as far as she'd seen were able to interact with the living world though so she felt safe in assuming none of them were demons.

Jeanette Rose Thompson

The True Pandora's Box

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next