View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 11:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 426 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
 Mediation (for Alynia) 

Post Re: Mediation (for Alynia)
Alynia had never considered the similarities between her husband and Zeus… but it made sense. Both were kings, and master of storms. A natural sense of competition did not seem out of place at all. So what happened next could only be understandable. Oberron had found a new lover in the midst of chaos, and Zeus out of spite wanted some too.

Her blonde head nodded slowly, showing an understanding for Ero’s growing tale. She sighed. “Curses, Hermes… I never considered the different relativity of time between the two of us. I told my husband I would only be gone for a few days…” she muttered feeling a bit uncomfortable.

She gazed up at Eros, who was still wearing Arn’s features. It had been a while since she had seen the hunter. It had been a while since she had seen anyone from her shadow save for Oswald.

“I don’t recall ever hearing of them...” she muttered running through her mind the names Stephano and Eurayle trying to ignore the idea of drinking blood. Still, a small shudder of disgust rolled up her spine at the thought.

“So I need some blood… for Stephano and Eurayle’s sister in the underworld. Is that what I need to do? What about their blood is so special?”

Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:23 am

It was a case of jealousy it had seemed that she was little more than a game piece for Zeus at this stage. Callously played with and discarded just to get beneath the skin of Oberron. And by affecting Oberron this had the unfortunate matter of affecting Hera as well causing the current situation.

Demeter, hopefully, would be more reasonable. This was rape of course but some of the Goddess in particular made no distinction and held grudges, particularly the virgin Goddesses. The most famous was …

Was Athena cursing someone who had been defiled in one of her temples … but Eros let her mind handle this, her greatest concern seeing that she still had no memory of it had been the potential wrath of her husband but Eros moved to address this now.

“He'll know. Hermes has mislead you, which is normally plus a day on Olympus does not match up with a day on your Shadow.

“Time essentially does not flow on Avalon, not in the traditional sense though what is perhaps easiest to understand is that the closer you are to Avalon the quicker time flows. It's sort of a reverse effect.

“Years could flow there and mere days may pass elsewhere such as in your native Shadow. Olympus and Llynoria are not too far apart. The Fae on Llyndoria are the dominant species. One that time does not effect when you brake it down. Since time flows differently their they perceive things at a quicker rate than you or I though they can wait out years without batting an eye.”

He had explained this simple enough though it seemed as if she misunderstood about the blood. He could feel her disgust with it and see some of the effects there upon her features.

“Oh, the blood is for the Shade. Without it they cannot remember anything at all. Just a sip will return their memories to them. Only great heroes remember anything in the afterlife and are resigned to the Elysian Fields rather than Taterus.”

But her lack of recognizing the names did not surprise him. She might have had a familiarity with the Mythology but not all of it were true. This, however, was pretty standard.

“The two are but a footnote normally so I wouldn't expect you to understand though they have seemed to get an elevated role now, their fifteen minutes of fame my dear.”

He rubbed his chin in thought as if debating what to tell her before coming straight out with it. “To brake the curse of ugliness we need the bloodline of the ugliest creature in existence, one so hideous that she could change men to stone with but a glance.

“Medusa. Stephano and Eurayle are her sisters but we are unable to find them. Either they have aligned themselves with someone or thing powerful but we have surmised that only Hera would have a motive to shield them and the other Olympian Gods could outstrip her power and have not found them yet and so it is hoped that Medusa knows where her sisters would go and thus give us a start for finding them. We need the blood of both, the more the better and thus I do not think the two would be in the sharing department there ...” Something powerful had to be shielding the pair but what?

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:50 pm

She blinked, suddenly the light bulb went off in her eyes. "Medusa!" Alynia repeated "How could I have not known. Though she was beautiful at once too. She was loved by.. Poseidon I believe." Her expression was thoughtful as she concentrated on recalling the bits and pieces of mythology from her immediate memory.

Faintly, she remembered the story of violating Athena's sacred temple... And thus the story of Medusa's hideousness. Alynia didn't like how similar her current predicament was to hers... Thankfully Demeter was not nearly as wrathful as Athena. Hera was enough to worry about at the moment.

"Yes, it seems Medusa's sisters are a bit lost in history." Their names were barely recognizable. "So why must I be the one to collect their blood? Surely there's a more suitable candidate." But Alynia was already in Olympus... It would have been difficult for her to deny the quest even with another option available. "And how exactly am I to do this? I can't explain ask them to bleed for me.." She reasoned. "And I can't imagine myself hurting anyone who hasn't done me any harm."

She shook her head. "Before any of that, we'd have to find them. You'll be there to help me won't you? We'd start out tomorrow... There's nothing to do about it tonight."

Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:29 am

Eros nodded as recognition tranpired within her eyes at the mention of Medusa. She knew the tale and that fate could have been her own. Athena once curse Archane to possess the form of a spider after all when she lost a weaving contest to the Goddess after a boost gone wrong so she could forever practice those skills of weaving.

But she understood, which made it fair easier for him to explain the details a bit further. He rubbed his chin then nodded. "Yes, that is correct. There is a lot on your mind so the immediate recognition there, especial since the names of her sisters are but a foot note in history.

"Neither had done anything of significance where their name would trigger anything in particular."

He considered the questions that she placed forth about the logistics of events then decided to address her concern the best way that he knew how. "As the originator of the curse more or less it was thought to grab you.

"There are others that could do this though they will take precious time to locate and as you can imagine most of the Deities have band together to remove this curse, most are males. Though Hera does have a few supporters most are of the minor sort and all are female. The males in particular desire to return things to normal.

"You can access areas that others cannot, typically the area where the spell to counter the effect. Few can go there ... and either myself or Hermes shall be a your side. Getting the blood of the sisters may be tricky seeing that the sister's must be found though to remove the curse reason or force could be used. Though I suspect that they will seek to harm you, call it a hunch on my part.

"I can sense what is in the heart's of individuals and have always gathered malice from those two. It is likely that hey will resent this curse. True, they would have been effected as well but no one attempted to assist their sister when she was cursed so they may be resentful that no one lifted a finger to assist their sister.

"However, being cursed themselves they may be more inclined to help. Hades, will not be of much help either. He is attached to Persephone and does not care about the mortals. He will be indifferent meaning we still have to get past Cerberus on the way out of the underworld after seeing Medusa's shade. It is hoped you could do something about her gaze if she is in monstrous form though it is likely her shade will be as she was prior to her transformation.

"With a little blood she will remember her life and it is hoped that she can supply us clues. Of course she may be resentful as to lending her assitance though learning of the plight of her sisters may make her more helpful to our cause to assist them though their are other things that we can bargain with if need be or she is too hostile."

He had considered her earlier concerns as far as getting their blood though she seemed to be on board with this. Seeing that tonight was out of the question they had to prepare for the morning after all. There were a few things that they had to do of course.

"Negotiations of course will be left up to you though Orpheus is necessary to obtain. His music will lull Cerbreus off to sleep so escape from the Underworld is possible. Collecting the blood can be done in various ways. Combat the easiest of course but that is not the only means. The more blood we have the better the effects of the cure. We could get away with less then a vial but the counter will not be too effective."

Eros explained. "Though you have already stressed that force is probably not going to be in your first choice but rather bargaining so we will have to play it by ear."

Character Listing

Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:10 am

Alynia sighed, unappreciative in being reminded once again the curse was offhandedly her doing. None of it seemed fair... She wanted to live a long, peaceful life besides Oberron, but Sable, Ian, not even Zeus could leave them alone. Ever so slightly she felt a bit better hearing that either Cupid himself or Hermes would be by her side along her entire journey. She didn't find it surprising at all that it was the male deities more desperate to undue the effects of the curse. With the lack of beautiful women to seduce, what were these gods doing in their free time?

Alynia continued to nod as Eros continued. She offered little response, for what was there to say? It was clearly cut what she was meant to do, all that mattered now is taking a part the process one step at a time.

"I'll do what I can." She murmured stretching her arms over her head. "Medusa's siblings, the woman herself, Orpheus... all of it. But there is nothing else we can do about it this night." Alynia inhaled and exhaled slowly. "We can start fresh tomorrow."

She climbed up off the bed only so she was able to climb underneath the the blanket. It was comfortable and warm and truthfully she was feeling a bit tired. What time would it have been at this moment in Llynoria? She slept on a side of the mattress deliberately leaving room for Eros if he so pleased. She was trusting enough that he wouldn't try anything.

She looked at him with a sleepy smile, "Tomorrow then. Good night." Alynia bade him before turning over and allowing her eyelids to flutter shut. Briefly the days worth of chaos rolled through her head. The temple, Hermes, her letter, his kiss... And her dear husband. She wondered what Oberron was doing at the moment and whether or not he was thinking of her too. But a few minutes later sleep claimed her. Peacefully, the vulnerable girl fell into a dreamless state.

Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:06 am

(A new thread, Blood, continues the tale also in the Outdoors forum)

Character Listing

Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 426 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29