View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 2:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Hot Topic (for Nola) 

Post Hot Topic (for Nola)
“This is all crap!” She snaps another book closed and shakes her head. Etoile was a bit annoyed and disappointed that the library didn't have any interesting books on Wicca of voodoo or anything of the sort. Just novice books for the most part stuff she had learned ages back.

She was better than this. So much better. So poor, this school. She supposed it had a good enough selection on most things but Etolie needed advanced material here and she sighed.

Either the good books were checked out or in use already so she settles on a tome. She wasn't great at witchcraft, more into voodoo but already was familiar with the basics. She shouldn't have to settle and when daddy heard about this …

On the way to a table she sees a girl with a stack of books, the titles on the spine grabbing her attention as they seemed to be more intermediate works on witchcraft. Since she was only a beginner there they would do.

“You there, yes you. You can't possibly read all those books, mind sharing a few copies?”

Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:04 am

Post Re: Hot Topic (for Nola)
Nola was in the middle of reading one of those books when she heard Etolie call to her, raising her finger to her lips seeing the librarian give them both a glare. "Well...I suppose I can part with a couple of these books for now." The only one she definitely wouldn't part with was the one she was already reading. She was studying more on summoning nature spirits. She hasn't had much luck with it lately.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:15 am

Etolie didn't seem to care about the opinions or glare of a librarian. A low person beneath her notice. She looks at the other girl, the school uniforms making it tough to determine social class but she looks for any sort of accessories that might set her apart.

She takes a look at some of the books, sits without being invited to and takes two books from the stack. She thumbs through the pages.

“At least this one has something more useful in it ...” She was hoping that this wasn't one of those lower caste miscreants though. She looked at her again, not bad looking, maybe a plaything either way. She shakes her head a little.

“Etolie Leblanc. I'm sorta new here. What're you reading?”

Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:32 am

"I'm Nola Erstad. I'm studying more advanced Wicca. I seem to be having difficulty summoning the nature spirits." Nola responds barely glancing up. It was odd, but ever since arriving here, she couldn't commune with the spirits of nature through her rituals. Was she doing something wrong? Was it because some of her tools disappeared on the first day?

Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:51 am

“Why?” She asks finding it curious as to why she may wish to conjure up such spirits though she did see a practical use in it she just wanted to understand a bit better. Chances were pretty good that she was from a much lower station though. She still pondered this though as she gathered up any visual cues she could. If she were of lower station though she did consider what sort of fun she might have though she supposed that this hadn't really been a determination on caste. Actually she had considered having fun with her either way.

“I'm more into Voodoo myself, spent a good deal of my time at the summer home on Haiti,” she would judge how the girl responded to get a better understanding of her social position.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:06 am

"Because that is the basis of Wicca. To commune with the natural spirits of the earth." Nola explained. "Oh, sounds nice." Was all she said to Etolie's remark about her summer home, sounding more or less indifferent.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:23 am

Hm, lower caste it seemed at least she guessed. Probably one that was wrapped up with Wicca a bit too much too. Etolie considers this for a moment.

“Have you tried summoning one away from the campus where nature is strongest?” She looks at her and thinks a little. This could be an opportunity that she had not planned upon. She just wanted to pick up a few books today but her father always taught her to be an opportunist.

“I have a bit of knowledge with Wicca I could assist you.”

Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:45 am

"I have. I found a spot just yards from the sea cliffs to make the pentagram. Still had no response from the ritual." Nola was a little skeptical that this girl knew enough about Wicca to be much help, but she didn't want to say no and make her angry. "Um, sure I suppose that would be fine."

Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:55 am

“Hm. Unusual. Have you done it before by yourself? Maybe you need a coven or have to be in a specific place to tap into the ley lines better. A forest to summon a spirit of the forest, the cliffs to conjure one of the air. The beach for water,” she shrugged. “Maybe you just need a little extra power. You'd have to take point on this though. I know all manners of stuff but am much more steeped in Voodoo.”

Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:09 am

"I see. What made you decide on voodoo?" Much of what Nola had scene or heard about voodoo was from the media. They always seemed to demonize it. But then a lot of people demonized Wicca too, assuming it was the same as black magic witch craft.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:22 am

“I was born in Haiti while my parents where vacationing but there is no nationality issue there.” She chuckles a little. “Every year for about three months we would go there and when I was about eight or so I discovered one of the servants practicing it. Normally I don't fraternize with the servants, even then but there was something in the ritual that attracted my attention. At the time I didn’t realize that the woman was trying too curse my father. It was a short time later that I learned something important.

“That if you don't believe in Voodoo it can't effect you and my father was a staunch nonbeliever. Today though there's a sliver of doubt with most people where it is still effective. It doesn't take much ...”

She gave some thought about summoning that nature spirit though. It was the hexes that drew her to Voodoo Nola didn't need to know that. "So when do you wish to leave?"

Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:03 pm

"I usually go out there around late after and wait till the twilight of day to begin the ritual. That was usually when I had the best luck. I know midnight is also a good time, but I hate being in those woods so late, especially alone." Nola said. "Why was your servant trying to put a curse on your father? If you don't mind my asking..."

Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:48 pm

Late, even better.

Etolie cursed that her toys were taken away from her. A case was never loaded onto the sea plane and she could have sworn she had the roofies in her other bag but she must have forgot that she placed it in the other. This gave her a little time to see what she could pull up.

“That works for me this afternoon, not tomorrow but the day after too so which ever day you prefer is good by me.”

She smiles at the question about her father though. “That's because a lot of people think he's a dick. The head of a big pharmaceutical company, he can seem to be full of himself and a bit self centered if you don't know him all that well or aren't lucky enough to be daddy's little girl.”

Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:07 pm

"Very well then, we will go out there later this afternoon." Nola places a bookmark in the book she was reading before closing it then packs it along with a couple of others from the stack. She didn't intend on dragging all of them back to her room with her. "Well, I need to drop these off at my room then I need to get to gym. I have some making up to do after being sick for a couple of days."

Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:50 pm

She smiles, a little excited. “I have a few things to take care of, say meet back here around five?” When they work out a time she checks out the book she has then goes back to her dorm room blowing off one of her business courses in light that she needs the time to prepare.

She backs a bag with a few things that seem typical. Some snacks and drinks, a flash light, some extra batteries and a few things that you wouldn't expect … rope for instance and a few other gadgets. She checks her medicine cabinet and starts reading ingredients. Damn, nothing to do what she wanted though in the right combinations some of these could make someone a bit groggy, well more than a bit. She laces one of the punches with the stuff, the caps on the bottles different colors so she can tell them apart.

After this she goes back to her trusty book, thumbs throw the pages and reads to refresh something in her mind.

“Nola my dear you're about to have a run of bad mojo. Me on the other hand ...” She smiles, gets into a blue tank top and khaki shorts and meets Nola at the appointed time.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next