View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:39 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Too Sweet (for Midnight) 

Post Too Sweet (for Midnight)
She had only three course this semester but managed to sit in on Home ECT. It assisted her better in learning the tasks that she so often performed for Vera. She wasn't a student on the roster and usually just sat in and took notes practicing in her dorm room.

That was unless their was an abundance of materials to go about. She wasn't getting credit for the course but it allowed her to serve her Mistress better and though she had just gotten back into her folds after a long brake it was good to be back, especially with something useful now.

Daphnee had been resigned to sit in and take notes until Mrs. Hubble told her to pair up with one of the other girls seeing that they were just baking cookies today.

Of course some of their ingredients had been different as the class was about to find but that was beside the point she touches her neck adjusting the collar there that no human could perceive other than her, a slight jingle going off as she did so, but only she was aware of the bell.

In addition to the uniform Daphnee had a pair of black leather wrist guards that she had received from the school.

“Hi. I'm Daphnee Von Heinrich,” she introduces herself to the student that she was directed to though as sort of an outcast she never got to far with introductions.

"Every time I close My eyes I see the monsters." - Dead Space: Aftermath

Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:22 pm

Post Re: Too Sweet (for Midnight)
"Midnight Stars, pleasure to meet you", Midnight says, extending her hand with a warm smile. "So I guess we're partners for this, huh?"

TehMorganator (n);
See also; Sociopath, Pervert, Narcissist.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:51 pm

“Yeah, it looks it. I'm just happy to be a part of it all. I thought that I was going to have to sit this one out though peanut butter is my favorite the allergies alone would make their selection unlikely. What sort of cookie does the recipe make?”

Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:37 pm

Midnight checks the sheet of paper. "It reads 'Do what you want, for a pirate is free'", then laughs to herself. Evidently, Daphnee has no idea what she is talking about. Midnight snaps back to reality. Fantasising about the next time she sees Gersham will have to wait. "Anyway, it says vanilla essence, cocoa powder and the 'orange extract' provided. Sounds tasty."

TehMorganator (n);

Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:34 pm

“It does not say that,” Daphnee grins and shakes her head a little. She takes a look over the ingredients hey have on hand then wonders the best way to go about this. “You read the ingredients and I'll mix or vice versa. Sounds like an interesting cookie at least.”

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:25 pm

"I'd suggest you mix", Midnight sighs. "I'm supposedly 'not to be trusted around raw batter for baked goods of any kind", she grins. "I'm also not to be trusted around cephalopod enclosures at aquariums, but I digress. First, you need a hundred grams of butter, which seems odd since this school is run by Americans, and the measurements are all in metric. Anyway, 100 butter, 50 sugar and 150 flour".

TehMorganator (n);

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:05 pm

Curious she pauses for a moment. “Why aren't you allowed around baked goods? Did something happen?"

That was odd with the measurements but she was somewhat knowledgeable with the metric system. Though she was German-American her folks still used metric for a lot of things.

She measures out things while she listens though pondering the questions that come up from those words as well.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:14 pm

"We call it the cupcake incident. Don't ask. Anyway, first it's the sugar and butter, mixed until full of air, then sieve in flour." A sly grin creeps across Midnight's face. "Or maybe we could add a little more than fifty grand of sugar..."

TehMorganator (n);

Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:13 am

“Cupcake incident,” Daphnee nods and drops it though. That was interesting, she thinks over the matter a bit.

“So you like a sweet cookie, no problem.” She adds more of the sugar neither aware that the sugar wasn't exactly sugar. She continues to add and mix ingredients. “So tell me a little about yourself, Midnight.”

Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:15 am

"Well, I don't get out much. And I love playing visual novels and video games!" Midnight decided Daphnee didn't need to know which kind of visual novels she was into. "I bake and stuff too sometimes. What about you?"

TehMorganator (n);

Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:22 am

“I don't get out much either. I'm more into baking, last semester I had only three classes and ironically I still have three, waiting on a few things to pick up the fourth though so I'll be around less and less pending my work load.

“I like puppetry though and am a moderate ventriloquist.”

Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:37 am

"I see", Midnight says. "The recipe strikes me as odd. The sugar-flour-butter ratio is more like that of shortbread. Maybe the other stuff makes it more cookie-like?"

TehMorganator (n);

Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:54 pm

“It is odd. Perhaps it all balances out in the end but no harm in adding that extra sugar.” She adds it unaware that a little would have done the trick nicely. When she finishes mixing the ingredients she then gets to assisting her with portioning out the dough.

So how long have you been cooking for?”

Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:01 pm

"So long, I can't even remember. You?"

TehMorganator (n);

Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:28 pm

“Not too long. Well, here and there but nothing serious until last year. I only got three classes so I sat in on one. I didn't get any credit for it but I wasn't doing it for the credit but the knowledge it imparted.

“I had to drop a course again this semester but got something lined up, but the professor has been out for the past two days with the flu and I need him to sign off on it first but the space is there so that's not a worry.”

Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:48 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 154 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next