View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 8:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Hunger (for Ginger) 

Post Hunger (for Ginger)
Yesterday it had rained and it was fortunate that they were in a tropical environment as all that mud had dried up readily enough though a rain was fine every once in a while it had meant that yesterday he had to go without eating.

He had wished that some of these girls would show back up but they had made false promises thus far as he had surmised though unlike most beings his reach was not too long for he had not enjoyed leaving the comforts of jungles.

Birch had felt naked and uncomfortable in these places and avoided them when he could. Dejected, and a bit hungry, he sighed recounting his last good meal when he heard something that perked his attention.

There was a rustle in the brush and he knew full well their were no animals on the island so it was either another monster or student. He was putting his money on a student, or was that how the expression went? He headed in that direction, hoping for a student to slake his hunger.

The occasional partner of Slarr

Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:31 pm

Post Re: Hunger (for Ginger)
Ginger had only arrived at the school a few days ago, and she hadn't had the time to explore the forest until today. As the jungle was one of the main reasons she'd decided to come here, she'd thrown on a t-shirt, jeans, and a light blouse, grabbed her sketchbook, and headed out almost immediately after breakfast.

She had not been disappointed, encountering so many plants she'd never seen in the wild back in England. Some were species she didn't recognize at all, and she wished she'd had her camera with her so she could take photos and look up what they were later. Unfortunately, she'd apparently forgotten to pack it, despite the fact that she was positive she'd done so. There was nothing she could do about it now, so she simply sketched some of the more interesting plants for later reference. I'll have to look around the mall later to find a replacement. It'll probably take a couple of months before I can afford one, though, she thought as she sat on a rock to sketch a bright red flower, accidentally bumping a bush behind her as she did so.

Feel free to send me a PM if you want to set up an rp.

Character listing

Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:39 am

Birch phased from one tree to another, it was easier moving about though he could simple pass through the under brush this was quicker. He was not disappointed when discovering the student, not at all as he admired her from a distance at first.

It was not a surprise that he had not seen her before since so few students came back after he made his appearance. He did see that blond girl a few times though most times it had been after he had fed save for that first time where she oddly ran into the clutches of another being.

While interesting as it might have been to find out what she was doing out here he had surmised that it must have something to do with the other monster. Provided that he did not chance upon her while hungry. He had only seen her two or three times and only the first time did he bother announcing himself.

He watched on though, this girl seemed to be caught up with … with sketching that flower. He was hungry of course though this had been a first for him, coming by a nature lover. Could it be that she would come back though there was no guarantees to this spot but others. He considered this as he animated some of the vegetation slithering vines from the trees behind her as he moved them along the ground as he maneuvered them silently into position.

“Ah, I see that you have discovered one of the more unusual plants of the island, that one there actually blossoms under moonlight.”

He was behind her, coming into view as he was confident that she could not escape him while she was within his domain.

Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:18 pm

She was taken by surprise when someone spoke behind her, although whoever it was had waited until she lifted her pencil to speak. She assumed that she'd simply been too wrapped up in her sketching to hear the person (one of the teachers, she assumed based on the fact that they sounded male) approaching. "Wow. Really?" she said in response to his information; it had looked like the blossom was open to her, but she wasn't familiar with the plant at all. "It must look amazing when it does." She sighed. "Too bad the curfew means I probably won't see it."

She put her pad and pencil down and turned to face him; there was a good chance he was with the botany department and thus shared her interest in the subject. "I've never actually seen anything like it, Mr… Yikes!" She recoiled slightly as she finally saw him. While she had no idea what he'd look like, she had naturally assumed he was human; judging from his appearance, he not only wasn't, he wasn't even part of the animal kingdom.

It took her a few seconds to regain her composure, during which she realized that whatever he was, he hadn't made any hostile moves. Sliding her glasses back into place, she asked, "Don't take this wrong, but, well… what are you?"

Character listing

Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:14 pm

“Oh, it is quite the sight when it fully blossoms. It sometimes opens up a little during the day though it is a strange one. In my studies I have found that this particular species actually thrives best with little light, almost like reverse osmosis in those deep water plants that don't get sunlight.”

He explained though she had yet to turn around she was being cordial, at least for now though he had surmised that that would all melt away when she got to turning around.

“And that one just to the right of it changes colors based on how much sunlight it gathers during the day but it's gradual after hours so you wouldn't notice. There are few of them though, most suffered from a disease some time back that wiped the bulk of them out.”

But all good things came to an end. He was not ravenous just yet and knowing she could not get away from him so he was quite patient.

She caught him by surprise though, the vines that were ready to strike into action remained at the ready. She was alarmed and rightly so but did not try to flee from him.

Perhaps he would reward her and keep her throughout the night so she could see the plant fully blossom.

“Me, Sapling? I am a Yengal, the only one of my kind I am told sadly. My name is Birch, rather plain and uncreative but that was what the scientists went with.” He explained though he did not come any closer not wishing to alarm her just yet. If he played this right perhaps she would return. No one had all lying to him which wasn't a huge surprise. Except for Pia. She told him outright that there were no promises, which he had figured was a no but as close as a maybe as he could get.

“And what are you called Sapling?”

Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:15 pm

Thoughts filled her head almost randomly as she attempted to come to terms with Birch's existence. Just how much catching up do I have to do about the plants here? I tried to find some books about the island before I came here, but there weren't any in the library. But with scientists knowing of him, I'd expect there to be more news about him. Unless they're keeping him secret for some reason, or trying to breed a few more so he isn't the only one before announcing his existence. Though he might not really be a 'he'; if he's like most plants, he'll have both male and female organs. Then again, most plants aren't mobile and intelligent; he might be more animal-like in that regard. And why did they name him 'Birch,' of all things? He's nothing like a birch tree; his bark's the wrong color, and his build doesn't seem slender enough.

Through the jumble of thoughts, she managed to acknowledge his question. "I… I'm Ginger. Ginger Blenkiron. I just got here the other day, and this was my first chance to explore the forest. I love plants, and I knew there'd be a lot I'd never seen before here. I never expected anything like you though. I just wish I hadn't forgotten to pack my camera; I mean, I can sketch most of the plants I've never seen before, but I don't know if it would be right to ask you to stay still for me for so long, if you'd even be willing to. And I doubt anyone would believe me without more evidence than a drawing, anyway…" She stopped herself with an embarrassed giggle. "Sorry, I'm babbling. It's just, this is so amazing to me. I mean, I can't be the first human you've met – you mentioned scientists, and you must've seen at least a couple of students from the school – but until now, I never knew there were actually any intelligent species on Earth other than humans. It's… it's kind of overwhelming, really." She paused briefly before adding, "And I'm doing it again. Sorry."

Character listing

Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:16 pm

A nature lover? He was amused by her ramblings, this was excitement and not the usual fear that he had collected. But it was almost a shame to have to rape her, eventually … though he wondered just how he could use that fascination. Perhaps, yes …

He looked to the plants briefly then back at her. “Ginger. Like the spice. It is a good name, though like mine it does not have anything to do with spices or is it due to your hair color?” He had been educated on quite a few things and his memory was long though he was about her age he was aware of time since his awakening and had a bit more knowledge, sadly though most of that had been on catch phrases and human culture imparted to him by the scientists.

“If you would like I'm sure you would enjoy seeing my garden of sorts, a small clearing with all manners of plants I have set there. I do not have all of these about us, however, just the more exotic ones. I do not get the opportunity to speak with many of the students but you are welcome to see if provide you don't go ripping out plants there but I trust that you won't.

“Busy work while no one is around. But really, there is no need to apologize, this is rather unusual don't you think and I love guests. Of course you are the first not to go running off screaming Sap – Ginger,” he corrected.

A sketch wouldn't hurt though he regards the red head for a moment before nodding. “Very well, you may sketch me if you like, see the garden or both. Or,” he paused. He was taking a risk her, a risk of going hungry for a few days, “or you can return later to do the other that you do not get to do today.”

Did he wish to take that risk though … he looked to the flower that had yet to fully blossom as if struck with an idea. “Or there is another option.”

Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:24 pm

She shook her head in response to his question about her name. "My parents just liked the name. They couldn't know I'd be a redhead when I was born; mum's a blonde, after all."

Her eyes lit up at the thought of a garden of exotic plants like the night-blooming flower or the color-changing one. "Oh, could I? It must be amazing." Her voice took on a mildly indignant tone. "And of course I wouldn't go ripping out plants. Even if it wasn't a garden, I don't have any pots to transfer them to, nor would I know how to care for them."

She was somewhat surprised that every other student he'd met had fled screaming; she could certainly believe that some would run at the first sight of something unknown, but surely curiosity would win out for someone, especially since he was so non-threatening. He must have had a surprising streak of encountering the more nervous students who went into the forest, a group that she couldn't imagine was all that large.

She didn't have to consider his offer for more than an instant. "Well, I don't really have anything planned for today, so if it's not a problem for you, I'd like to do both now if I can." She then considered his last statement again. "Or, maybe… What's this other option?"

Character listing

Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:58 am

“It is still a good name Sapling,” Birch sees her features light up with the mention of his garden. After all he did not spend all day raping students, only when the hunger began to get to him reaching intolerable levels but for the most part he had gone as long as possible without meals.

It was dangerous, sometimes he topped up so to speak if he got his hands on someone though it had all depended of course. He noted how enthused that she was and nodded in response to her. “I did not have any concerns that you would begin taring out plants needlessly but it had to be said.”

He had considered something though, the transport of one of the color changing plants or one of several others for that matter. "Taking care of the plants is something that you are more than capable of learning with a little instruction.”

There were a scant few that did not go off screaming initially anyway but these were rare and seeing that he had forced meals out of each one he thought it best not to brooch that matter just yet. He did listen though as she considered the options.

“Oh, it would be no problem my dear. I have nothing planned.” Save for me defiling you my dear but maybe I can do so in a creative way, he thought. Ah, she was curious. Good.

“The other is for you to see that plant bloom. How often do you get the chance to met a sentient plant? And if you come back early morning then who's to say you broke curfew. Is it not worth the risk if you are found out anyway? But the offer to return is opened any time so I suppose you do not have to cram everything into a single night.”

Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:40 am

She thought about his suggestion for a while, wavering back and forth on whether to accept or not. On the one hand, getting into trouble for deliberately breaking a rule wasn't the best way to start off her college experience. On the other hand, she didn't think anyone knew she was out, it was unlikely anyone who had seen her leave would realize she hadn't returned, she didn't have a roommate yet, and it was unlikely that the school had people search the island for stray students staying out late. Then again, there might be legitimate safety reasons for the curfew; she had no idea whether there were other things than Birch on the island that she'd never even dreamed of, much less whether others might be dangerous. That didn't seem likely, though, since Birch didn't seem to be either a predator himself or trying to lure her for one – he'd been leaving her too many opportunities to leave and had passed up a chance to grab her before she knew he was there. And, while she hadn't planned for it today, she'd slept outdoors in the past and was sure she could get by today; it didn't look like it was likely to rain today, and the ground had dried out from yesterday.

"You're probably right. I'd probably just get a warning even if I was caught, anyway; I could say I lost track of time until it was too dark to get back safely or something." She picked up her sketch pad and flipped to a blank page. "It'd probably be better to do the sketch now, while the light's still good. If it takes too long, the garden can wait until the morning."

Character listing

Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:32 am

Excellent. He had afforded her opportunities to depart, that was for certain though he was certain that she was one of the few that would return. Nature seemed to fascinate her and his presence had been most unusual so as long as he didn't do anything hostile he could guess that she would be back.

Of course he had let her reach these decisions on her own and had not forced the issue. With Meredith the matter was quite enjoyable but forced and there was the pleasant matter with Pia a while back now. There were two others two, in total he had two other virgins, he enjoyed the taste and now he had wondered if she were one too.

He would find out eventually though, there was no reason for him to pass up on that though this time perhaps if he tried a different approach … it could not hurt and he nodded as she reached her decision. Striking a pose to her liking she would find that he could remain motionless indefinitely. He also camouflaged in quite well if he wanted and had to stand out just enough for her sketching.

Birch allowed her to sketch while the light was still good. Passing the time with her, speaking of those little things. Beyond the borders of the forest he knew little about the school though the scientists that created him imparted him with a great deal of knowledge.

As evening began to approach he eyed the plant that he had brought to her attention earlier. His hunger had grown while she had worked on her sketch and he could not help but think of how good she would taste. And while a huge part wanted to feast on her there remained that rational part that remained in control for the time being.

“Perhaps you are best in leaving, Sapling. As much as I enjoy these pleasantries I can feel myself weakening. It will pass, that state often does.” He began, almost certain that she would take the bait and make inquiries at least. He had to do this right though and part of him had wondered if he had formed enough of a rapport with her to get her to inquire about this weakness.

Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:07 am

He was correct in his assessment of how she would react to that statement. A look of concern crossed her face. "What's wrong? Are you sick or something? Is there anything I can do to help?" she asked, setting aside her sketchbook and moving towards him. She'd have assumed the weakness was simply his body reacting to the fading sunlight limiting his ability to photosynthesize except that it seemed to have taken him by surprise despite his clearly being intelligent enough to notice a pattern that regular. Maybe that's why the scientists haven't revealed his existence. Maybe whatever killed the other Yengals is also killing him and they want to see if they can cure him before letting the public know about him. It'd be pretty depressing if we learned of another intelligent species only for it to go extinct shortly afterwards. Her imagination had run away with her and, if he'd been able to read her mind, Birch might have been amused by all of the completely wrong assumptions she'd made.

Character listing

Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:55 am

He was not a mind reader though Birch had guessed that Ginger would be concerned though he had not known how well it would work to get her thinking of such things though. He was not great at reading emotions on faces though he could see that she was concerned.

“There is but ...” he paused as if he had been uncertain about this, he prepared to control those plants now though figuring that this could go poorly though there was a chance that it might not it was best to be prepared after all. There had only been one way to find out though as he gazed back at her feeling that hunger building.

“But I don't suppose you'd like it. I must feed. I do not eat people or anything like that. Nor food in the traditional sense.” He tried to get a read on those emotions but couldn't this time around.

“It is the fluids that I need to harvest and I do not mean the blood either ...”

Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:16 am

She paused in confusion before responding, trying to work out just what fluids he was referring to. "Um… I'm not sure what fluids you're referring to. Everything I can think of would be harmful to one of us except saliva, and that doesn't seem…" Her voice trailed off as she thought of another possibility. She couldn't see how it could possibly work, but it seemed to fit in with his dancing around exactly what he needed. "Wait, do you mean…?" she asked, pointing between her legs and blushing bright red.

Character listing

Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:11 am

Birch had been prepared to strike as the realization had embraced her but not yet. He was curious as to what she was going to do in light of the situation that had swept over her in this moment of time.

He regarded Ginger as she reached the conclusion that he was referring to as she gestured between her thighs. He had read the confusion that had been on her face initially. He did nod as she pointed and understood what he was trying to relay.

Now he had not thought that she would be helpful here but she had surprised him thus far. He was not trying to trick her, it was the truth that he needed such nourishment to survive though he could not let her go now despite what he had relayed to her already.

“Yes, I derive my sustenance though contact with nutrients pulled forth from such a means. I can only sustain myself from sunlight and water for so long, a week or so at the out stretch before -”

He trailed off there though he noticed that her bark had changed color with her response and was trying to figure out what that meant in humans.

Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next