View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 6:17 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Lost and Found(Open to students and monsters) 

Post Lost and Found(Open to students and monsters)
Rosalie was stopped just a couple of feet where the wave of the ocean were hitting the beach, mostly just looking out at the vast empty horizon. A part of her was hoping to see a certain someone come out of the water to her like before, but of course this didn't happen. She sighs and looks around to see if there was anything interesting to see. Remembering there were some caves around the shores of the island, she decides to explore one of them while the tide was still out. As she looks around inside, she spots something in one of the small puddles of sea water and picks it up. It appeared to be some kind of coral jewelry with a pearl embedded in it. She had a feeling she knew who this belonged to...

Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:56 pm

Post Re: Lost and Found(Open to students and monsters)
Daphnee had been exploring the island as had been usual for her these days. Looking for clues, searching for a means of escape before all hope had been cut off.

With a heave she brought her survival pack over her back. It was full of things as simple as provisions, maps, extra clothes, flashlights and the like. Little things that would help her out. She suspected that their were fewer creatures in this vicinity given the fact that there were creatures so close.

Perhaps this was contested ground though, she didn't know how it all worked, the boundaries of territory if there was any. Heading back though she sees a girl dipping into one of the caves, she looked familiar from this range though and she drew near after a quick look around the area.

“I thought it was you. It's not exactly busy out there on that beach so I'm assuming that you're doing a little exploring today.”

She announces from the mouth of the cave when she sees that it is in fact Rosalie.

"Every time I close My eyes I see the monsters." - Dead Space: Aftermath

Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:59 pm

Rosalie looks up from the jewelry and toward the person at the mouth of the cave. "Oh, hey Daphnee." She pockets the jewelry so it won't get swept out to sea and become lost. "Yes, our soccer team decided to take the day off today. Although...I had kind of hope to see someone here. But I guess that's not going to happen this time. Have you been in this cave or any of the others before?"

Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:03 am

Find someone? Daphnee had dealt with her own arrangements in the past and could intefer that it wasn't a student that she spoke about some time back. At least it had seemed likely … she had mentioned that she was hoping to meet someone though it seemed that she had not made plans ahead of time so one of the more pleasant of the guests? The mermaid she had been told about? That was the only matter that came to mind.

“I've been in these caves before. There's a whole network of them, one of which goes all the way to the old lighthouse but I couldn't find it now, lots of subterranean swimmer but that was over a year ago that I tried ….”

Not that she wanted to go that far … that creature lived close to the lighthouse though they should be safe here this far out …

“I don't think there is anyone that will be this far from campus, I was surprised to see you of all people. So the day off? Hm …”
She could not speak of the things that happened to her but nothing stopped her from showing. A part of her wondered about that, Rosalie had seen the creatures of the island before and might not mind so much. But if the ship was fixed too it would be hidden from sight if Ania had not moved it in the first place.

“here is something out this way interesting to see, though it is quite dangerous too.”

Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:41 am

"Oh a whole network huh? Sound like it'd be fun to explore, though obviously I'm not equipped for that now." Rosalie said as she walks back towards the mouth of the cave. "Probably not a good time to go in too far anyway. It won't be long before the tide floods the cave again. So, what was so interesting to see but dangerous as well?"

Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:53 am

“No,” she goes a little wide eyed but do to the conditions Therion has set for her she cannot explain. She frowns a little, green eyes cast into the darkness briefly and then back to Rosalie where she forces a smile and shakes her head.

“It is not fun … lots of under water passages and last time I was lucky to get through the maze work of tunnels. I'm lucky I didn't die or get irreversibly lost ...”

She heads out from that place with the girl. There was a time where she could speak with her about such things though she considers the question briefly. It was dangerous so it was worth mentioning.

“There's something in the water … something not of this world ...”
She may have been forbidden to speak of her attacks but could speak of this since it did not relate to the attack in any significant way, at least this portion of it.

“I think it's a space craft, s small one but one nevertheless. I couldn't get into it last time and it may be moved or hidden better now but it is not far from here.”

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:45 am

"Oh I see. So even at low tide it's dangerous to go in much further." That was disappointing. Rosalie had hoped she could one day plan a day around exploring the caves more. Her mood changed when she heard Daphnee's answer. "A space craft? Are you serious? Where was it last time?"

Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:25 pm

She couldn't get into the details about the serpent that she had encountered beneath an old lighthouse a year back thanks to Therion but these caves came out from their and that creature was there somewhere in the dark …

Just like she couldn't say anything about Ania for those same reasons. She looked to her friend and gave a nod though she could have tried to scar her off with stories about a huge snake she didn't seeing how she had yet to encounter an animal and had been of the belief that there were none.

“Yup. No lie. It's not far from here actually though … well it may not be visible now,”
she almost made mention of the faulty cloaking device that was probably repaired now or the ship moved but to make mention of it now would entail that she knew a bit about it and could not respond.

It went beyond the dreadful collar that she normally wore though thankfully it had not come back yet. This was a verbal threat … Vera would pay if she ever spoke of the monsters on this island to another student so she would not, even if she suffered for it.

“Though I did tell you that I was certified as being insane at one point, right? So don't let that rub off on you. Come on it's this way.”

Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:13 am

Rosalie nods and follows Daphnee out of the cave to where she had seen the craft. She hoped the hiding place wasn't underwater as her fear of deep water was still rather strong. "How big is it? I mean is it the size of a fighter jet or bigger?"

Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:35 pm

It was underwater of course but first things first, it might not be out there and the owner was probably at the campus. She thought about the question. “A fighter jet I guess. It's a little bigger though. There's an airlock to get into it but I couldn't get much further than that.”

She had seen larger craft. Their was Shriktor's freighter and the ship she was taken onto which was much larger as she recounted the aliens that had seized her in the forest at the direction of their Queen so she had not been a stranger to spacecraft.

Daphnee thought the risks with Shriktor's ship was great, the alien ship she had no way of getting back there and Ania's she thought was safe given the small size and the remote distance from the campus she didn't expect the alien to be hanging around it.

Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:37 pm

"Hm, I see. I'm not all that surprised that there might be a space craft, considering the few encounters I've had." Unlike Daphnee, Rosalie had no real reason to hide the fact that she'd been attacked. She just didn't want to go into detail about it, particularly her experience with Gersham.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:45 am

Nothing precluded her from listening to what had had gone on to Rosalie though she herself could not press for answers. It was a slippery slope in which she had to be careful though she smiled, a sympathetic smile at knowing just what things were like on the island from the very first night she had been on it to know.

So much had changed within that year alone with her own mind set.

Getting to an area with cliffs looking down at the beach she points to the top.

“It takes awhile to get up there though I saw the craft in the water from there.”
she traces a path from where she had been standing to the water where the ship had been. She sees a green tank top washed up on the shore that had gone missing the last time she had been hear. Well a bit of good luck there was no immediate rush to recover the shirt though.

“So if it's like last time it should be there, not too far out.”

Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:33 am

Underneath the surface, not far from where Daphnee discovered the craft recently had been a small ridge where the currents accumulated sand in their passing and over time gradually gave rise to a minor elevation on the bottom of the shallow sea which mimicked the outline of the space vessel the student would recall from the last time she came across the secluded bay, the only difference being that it was invisible when the two women passed by today.

The water wasn't too deep where the anomaly in the sand began and in its crystal clear state they had no trouble seeing it without even going for a swim. Something most definitely could be found here, without a doubt, but hidden from sight loomed an everlasting threat.

Ania slumbered within the cloaked ship given the summer heat outside which rendered her sluggish for as long as she was prowling the campus for prey and usually chose to rest throughout the day only to proceed with her hunt at night when the climate proved slightly more bearable. The majority of the student body would've returned to the dorms by then and choosing the finest wares would be quite simple.

She shifted from one side to the other, drowsy though not quite gone in the velvety comforts of her bedchamber, unsuspecting of the events that transpired on the shore. Her former craft lacked the luxury these living quarters provided and having a king sized bed all to herself had been a blessing she wouldn't have passed up for anything in the world.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:03 pm

This was the first time Rosalie had been in this part of the island. Her attention was usually focused on either school or her soccer practice. She glances around at the landscape on one side of them, and the sea on the other, though she didn't dare look directly down while that close to the edge of the ridge. "How much further is it?"

Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:39 pm

“Not much further,” Daphnee stated as she had been much higher up then this when she first discovered the place. It was only a few minutes down to the beach, about five and she mistook the shape of the ship this time. She pointed to it in the sea.

“It looks to be there, I can't get a good look with the glare of the sun off the water.”

When they had been on the beach she set down her “survival” bag and grabbed her wet tank top from the other day, wringing it out before kicking off her shoes. “Alright, it's time to get a little wet ...”

Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:57 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next