View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 7:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Pandora's Box (for Gaia) 

Post Re: Pandora's Box (for Gaia)
Ven frowned as they moved on. “That won't be a huge issue I suppose. We just have to move the ship enough so that it isn't too close to the island … or better yet take the sub to the surface some distance away but there is something I need from the craft before that is an option.

“I can have a ship pick us up once we get the power source I'm after. The bugs down here are no longer an issue seeing that they cannot get to the surface and if we can get far enough away from that island there will be less time for the bugs on the surface to react.”

KD joined with Gaia rolling along beside here though the droid remained silent for the time being. Appraised of the situation Ven considered the situation as it was explained to him. The Ashlyn were pinned down it seemed and the matter of destroying the vessel leaving it to sit as a watery tomb struck an idea with him.

“The engines could be flooded and the bugs killed. Recovering the engine isn't an issue any longer but the power source is small enough. I was sending the others to recover it too ...”
He rubbed his chin. “Perhaps setting up charges to blow the hull over the engineering section. We could flood the bugs, kill them and recover the source before making a run for it.”

Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:18 pm

"I had the same idea. Excluding the last part that is." Gaia said obviously she wanted to kill the things and go. Sadly it seemed that Ven had other plans. He was ill, though that hardly mattered at the moment. Still it was her duty as an agent and a Priestess to assist and discover his plans.Folding her arms she merely sighs in decisiveness, she wasn't really sure what was more important, revenge or discovering if Ven was up to criminal activities. The situation didn't warrant for any investigation, but a mission was a mission...

"Going to engineering is more or less a death a trap, the Ashlyn are crawling all over it for warmth, and to protect the queen." She explained. "Going in there means a risk of getting caught from jump..." Her hunter mind was analyzing the situation." To even levitate that option means a major distraction, and I think their getting a little wise to things... Besides their main goal is to protect their queen, any distraction will have to involve her, and the dozens of soldiers that guard her." She looks at the mechs briefly." I highly doubt you're mechs will last no more than ten minutes. To place them in the most effective area I would need at least a half hour or more."

Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:42 pm

Ven rubbed his chin in calculation. “The droids are expendable but once the hull goes the onrush of water should be sufficient in distracting them though at that stage we can just wait and let the water do our work and seal off that area. Your aquatic right? After they've drowned recovering the power source should be a cinch, swimming in there then out.

“I suppose I could engineer another mishap to distract them until the hull breech. If that section of the ship is sealed off they can't get far.”

“But flooding the entire section will take precious time. If the others are here because they were attracted to the power source then they will no doubt be working on a way to get here and may even work out how to recall the sub.”

KD caused a message to form on it's screen. THE ASHLYN ARE CONFINED TO ENGINEERING. THE TEMPERATURE OUTSIDE OF ENGINEERING IS LOW ENOUGH TO KILL THEM SO THEY HAVE NO PLACE TO GO. ENGINEERING CAN BE SHUT OFF BUT IT IS PROBABLE THAT THE SECURITY CHIEF WILL THWART THIS IN LITTLE TIME. FLOODING ENGINEERING COMPLETELY SHALL TAKE 45 MINUTES.

IN THE EVENT OF SUCH A SCENARIO THE SECURITY CHIEF WILL LIKELY BE DISPATCHED TO WORK ON THE ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROLS TO FREE THE ASHLYN FROM CONFINEMENT. IT IS NOT PROBABLY THAT HE WILL AFFECT MATTERS IN UNDER 12 HOURS. HE IS NOT CONFINED TO ENGINEERING THOUGH AND MAY NOT EVEN BE THERE.

BEST OPTIONS FOR WHATEVER PLAN THAT IS BEING INITIATED WOULD BE TO DEAL WITH HIM AS HE IS A WILD CARD IN THAT MATTER. UNTIL THE ASHLYN ARE DESTROYED HE IS A THREAT. CHANCES OF HIM INTERUPTING THE EXISTING PLAN THOUGH SITS AT LESS THAN 3% BUT ANYTHING FURTHER THAN SIMPLY TAKING OUT ENGINEERING AND GOING MAKES CALCULATIONS IMPOSSIBLE. IF THE HULL IS BREECH AND HE TRIES TO SAVE THE ASHLYN IT WILL NOT LIKELY AFFECT ANYTHING BUT WAITING FOR THE ASHLYN TO SUCCUMB CHANCES THE EQUATION.

Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:17 pm

"The droid is right in that aspect.. Kill the Chief save a headache.. Plus it makes it easier to set up the charges without risk of interference." Gaia commented as she though of the other Ashlyn security officer. He was still alive, at least she hoped so. He could be of some use and as well as tip the scale in their favor a lot sooner. She also thought about drowning the signal the ship was producing. If they attracted to it, and no longer received the signal they had no reason to stick around.

"Ofcourse you're assistant has point... It take too long unless we hit every major bulk head. I doubt there's enough explosive here to pull it off right." Gaia commented as she thought about what fin said." Yes I can swim in and out in seconds, but carrying something heavy will put a hindrance to my performance, considering the fish in this water my chances of survival dwindle greatly after extended amount of time." She explained briskly.She didn't disagree she merely pointed out a fact of that option. For Gaia just getting off the ship alive, and the bugs dead was just about the only things she thought of at the moment.

Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:01 am

It seemed unlikely that they had huge chunks of time. “Neutralizing this chief seems best if we set some sort of trap for him.”

“What is best is to leave the device altogether, Master. There is no telling what the ones on the surface are capable of or how well prepared they are. They just look like bugs though in high numbers -”

Ven waved this off. He was unable to get the engine and certainly wasn't going to leave here empty handed. “Then we have to engineer a situation that calls the chief out into an ambush or trap ...”

He was mulling this over when Gaia's communicator was going off.

Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:23 pm

Gaia nodded." He's already busy trying to warm the place back up... It would be easy to just make a very important area cold and wait for him to show up." She suggested. As she shifted position. It was then her communicator went off with a swoop of a hand she she silenced them, too quick for any to grasp if she did something with her earrings or if she just brushed her ear; it also stopped any words that could have been heard. A gives a quick glance to KD to intervene. The last thing she needed was to have her cover blown, and she was already setting on a keg of dynamite, there was us in it exploding right at this second. Hopefully the droid could pull of a sufficient excuse to what just happened. Her beat quickened for a second but Her warrior training thought her to keep calm in all situations, plus she had to stay calm. If she had any chance to get out she needed the focus, the bugs were going to pay. Ven needed to go jail for whatever crime he was committing and his assistant must be set free... All of this ran through her mind as awaited a rebuttal.

Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:42 am

Fortunately the droid seemed to be resourceful and not the run of the mill wait for orders type. It was an Aschen model and the AI was far more sophisticated than normal droids that she was use to. Plus as a science droid it was affixed with all manners of sensors, granted they were short range but some swept for life signs, heart rates, communications and energy signatures since KD had to analysis a lot. KD was very useful and tended to take initiative rather than sit back and wait for orders.

Most Aschen droids were like this though their security droids tended to wait for orders there were certain situations that they responded to straight away such as unauthorized access, hacking and security breeches though all the security droids had been destroyed.

KD picked up on her increased heart rate and though it did not have all the data of her species it had been monitoring bio readings as it went. Granted sensors were only good out to a range of a few meters but it could monitor the temperature and any life signs in the wall though it was well aware that all the Ashlyn were secured at this point.

With a tweet it covered for her, rolling forward so that Ven could read what was on the monitor.

THERE IS ONE ON BOARD THAT CAN MANUFACTURE THE DEVICE THAT YOU SEEK. ALL CLASS TWO AND THREE OBJECTS CAN BE CREATED. It was safer and perhaps it intended to buy some time.

Though it was not the ADD contacting her again as expected but the Aschen she met earlier. How he got or knew this frequency was unknown.

“I see that you have picked up three droids and a cyborg … are they friendlies or do you need assistance? The other is sadly dead but on a good note it seems that the Ashlyn are contained for the time being.”

Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:15 am

"You could say that they their friendly. And yes" She mumbled quietly under breath audible for the ashlyn to pick up the words. Ven was was presently distracted thanks to the nimble droid picking up on her gesture. She was internally grateful for it. The only problem was getting around Ven without blowing her cover in a tight situation."We get the explosives, rig them take out the security chief then get out... Plus find what your'e looking for..." Gaia said allowed as if she was mauling the idea over in her head. In truth she gave her reason to the Ashlyn of the plan in not so many details, but the just was obvious enough, and all that needed to be at the moment.

Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:47 am

With things spelled out for him Malaki, the Aschen she had met would direct her through the ship. He was in a secure area she had guessed and had been able to monitor her position on cameras most likely. He even made her aware that she was only in the company of one organic … Vanessa who was the cyborg. That was a safe bet but did that mean that Ven was not real?

There was little time to baffle over that though Ven seemed to caught up in this survivor and having a means to create what he wanted not being limited to just the device he sought. In the end though he decided to stick to the original plan unless they came across the Aschen in their search.

To hasten matters they split up to cover more ground, she still had to hit two other labs after the one she had hit to acquire the components for the explosives and it was quicker to split up. This left her with just KD as they made their way along to the next lab.

Her hacked communications system had allowed Malaki to guide her when it was necessary for she did run into areas of the ship that were too damaged but at last she came to one of the last two labs. KD brought up the lights here which had been at minimal power.

This room had an arrangement of corpses both Aschen and Ashlyn. Scorch marks and thick globs of green slime had been here. Collecting the components Malaki's voice chimed in once again.

“Good job. The others have gotten their components and there is only meeting up with them. I got organic life on the sensors in your area. It's not Ashlyn but neither is it human or Aschen. Be careful. Whatever it is it can operate in cold temperatures.”

KD used a grasper to get her attention. It had opened a cabinet containing more of the cyro grenades but that was not why it was attempting to gather her attention now.

Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:19 am

Gaia felt bad for what she was doing, for starters she was no fool. It seemed her attempt to lure out the chief wasn't working up to her idea. Simply but She knew no one on this ship had any idea of her communication device. If the Ashlyn didn't know about then who would, someone having been watching... That was her primary reason for even responding. She gave up Ven and Vanessa to do so, He would expecting them more or less to draw him out. In the right moment she would flip the script on him, but only when she was sure could do it.

It was in mist of these thoughts that Kd grabbed her attention. just as they found more cryo grenades. "Hmmm, what is it." Her right moves into the direction Kd wished her to look. She was prepared for a fight if necessary.

Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:24 pm

Her attention had been grabbed and she was shown the grenades. Another half dozen though they were not all cyro grenades, four were though the other two were ion grenades capable of emitting an EMP pulse in a three meter radius of so in order to knock out electronics and it was these that KD directed her towards. Apparently the droid was sophisticated enough to form opinions and had deduced that preparations against the new arrivals had been prudent.

A SCAN OF THE THREE REVEALED ONLY ONE ORGANIC LIFE SIGNITURE FROM THE CYBORG. THESE SHOULD EFFECTIVELY TURNED OFF THE DROIDS. PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH THEM, I AM SHIELDED AGAINST EMP PULSES BUT CAN STILL BE EFFECTED AGAINST THEM

Her earrings chimed again and it was Malaki. “I am watching your friends … it seems they have interesting plans and are trying to distract you. There real aim is getting to the security room that you were in earlier. From the audio I'm getting the feeling that they want to keep you busy while they accomplish something else.”

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:56 am

I'll Be careful Kd." Gaia said giving the droid a soft pat on the head. It had reason to be concern, and so did she. The droid was useful and helpful. She listened to Malaki explain that Ven and his droids where up something. Not very much of surprise as he gave himself way when he was talking earlier. At least she could get the imposter to tell her what was going on that end.

"Can you discern what they are up to exactly." She question as she took the grenades. She then had a taught and mouth instructions for Kd to track the signal. He was on the ship, more than likely in the security room, though she wasn't familiar with the Ashlyn and they may have more than one. Having more than one security room meant more eye's in the same place as well advance warning in case of intruders. Her people utilized the human philosophy two heads are better than one, not just as brain power, but as observational power as well.

Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:45 am

There were two security rooms, each had means of tapping into the cameras and accessing internal defenses though only one had direct access to the internal law enforcement on the ship and it was this one that Ven was being traced to.

“It's planning on acquiring the law enforcement droids that we use as a security measure. These droids have specks well in advance of many of your war machines and are highly illegal to the public. I am not up to sped with all of your laws though I am uncertain as to all the laws you use .”

Through internal cameras he could track their movements. “I am unsure if it intends to steal one or several or get a familiar working of them to later mass produce if it is able to extract the right components it may be able to backwards engineer matters.

“There are various security measures in place but if you're kept busy it should have enough time to tinker with one. Stealing one takes greater work, it's actually got to brake the security of the ship before it can remove any of them without triggering the self destruct device.

“It's charged the cyborg and the two others in capturing me. It thinks that I could give him what it needs in the way of manufacturing devices. Right now it is alone braking off by itself.”

Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:04 pm

Gaia rolled her eyes, law enforcement droids where illegal in some parts of the galaxy. Only meant to be used on planet and not sent out into space, as droids more often than not could go haywire; and cause massive damage. Not mention they where easy to reprogram and used against others in the galaxy, some pirates would use it to mass produce a small army and send them out committing crimes and covering them up with the droids. Not mention that some law enforcement droids where heavily armed.

"I See I'll see what I can do about the droid. Anything I should know about its armament, weapons, and programing." She inquired, not entirely sure if should stop the droid. Though her intent would be obvious because of the camera's she was going have to blind him if she wanted to get the imposter by surprise.

Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:16 pm

“The biggest concerns that you would have is that the chassis can refract most energy weapons and that it is pretty well shielded from EMP pulses. It draws it's power from the central computers that serve as a brain of sorts for the droid itself.

“Alerting it's course of action can be done by altering what is on the computer though it is fairly difficult, even the security chief would have his hands full. It is possible and I suspect he is attempting to get the power source which can assist him in several ways if he is creative.

“Having an actual droid will alloy him to backwards engineer it. The armaments are advance and I doubt that there are many he could replicate without a few years but head to head the droids were not designed to be beatable.

“They have backup batteries too, drawing power from the ship but the security models on the ship have a vulnerability. They can be quite intelligence but destroying their connection to the computer core essentially thwarts their operation.

“It would make it difficult for us to do much but it will still be possible. All the computers tie in to the central one and if the core is destroyed they loose access to it but can still run independently. Rather then being able to do any number of things from most terminals we would have to actually go to those terminals that control this or that. Destroying the core will place the Droids on standby. These models were never intended to be taken from the ship and while there are those that have been advanced to have their own isolated computers those are too expensive to be mass produced and used only to defend matters of great importance.

“Take the central computer offline and you'll only have the four to deal with. Whether they attempt to take a chassis or not is another matter but as far as combat goes it is your only chance … doing battle with them will only slow them down at best. They were designed to handle most things but were deliberately given this flaw in the event something happened. We could just shut off the central computer, turn the droids off then turn the computers back on.”

Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next