View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 11:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Relief (for Cynthia) 

Post Re: Relief (for Cynthia)
“What do you want to know?” No questions had been placed to him yet though he was a little freaked out. None of the others were with him and he was just a young kid (cub) that got caught up in something stupid as the young so often did.

For the time being Luna had more of her attention on the van encase something where to happen there though she kept an ear open to what was being said between the two. It was clear that the man was afraid, she could hear that in his voice though if it were from them or someone else had yet to be seen. It could be both with him being afraid more of something else though that had yet to be seen.

Tue May 05, 2015 2:37 pm

¨i asked once already what you are doing here and why you were stealing supplies and that machine those are serious crimes boy¨

Tue May 05, 2015 2:42 pm

“Bert said that he had a job and hired me to steal some supplies from this warehouse. He kept the details hidden until the last minute and it was suppose to be easy money, brake in, grab a few crates and get out of here”

There was not much information that he had outside of this though nor the other men save for Bert himself perhaps that was here among the stunned beings. It had not appeared that they were getting paid too much nor did any of them realize that any modifications had been done o the Load Lifter. Each had agreed that it was suppose to be easy money, either hired as look outs, drivers or loading up selected goods.

It was clear that Bert had a bit more information but he was tight lipped and not so easy to intimidate though fear could be seen in his eyes.

“What do I get out of this? My life is on the line here.”

Tue May 05, 2015 2:54 pm

cynthia walks over to bart and pointed her bow at his chin,¨you got three seconds to talk os they will find your head burned off your body¨

Tue May 05, 2015 3:03 pm

“You're ADD. You won't do it.”

Luna gazed back, of course she couldn't let that happen but let matters run their course but she detected a bluff when she heard it. “She's new … if I don't stop her in time then they're likely to dismiss the mistake with some disciplinary action. Even if they dismiss her you'll still be dead.”

Bert seemed to consider this then sighed. “I was hired to steal only the crates that have supplies of jam in them and was given the Load Lifter to assist. The jam has gemstones hidden in it. The relief effort was a smuggling front for some blood diamonds ...”

Tue May 05, 2015 3:23 pm

cynthia puts her bow away and cracks open a jam bottle finding one@we were set up@sends a signal to the invincible to take remote control of the supply ship and disable it@

Tue May 05, 2015 3:35 pm

“Makes a bit more sense as to why anyone would want foodstuffs ...” Luna sighs “I bet there's no proof connecting this to one of the corporations either ...”

Hire a bunch of expendables, leave no paper trail, it made the most sense. A recording, hell even a transfer of funds … she got to thinking though, thieves had to be hired because the goods weren't going to a place that they could control either a warehouse apart from said corporation handling the relief efforts otherwise it might be a hell of a lot easier but might bring up a hell of a lot attention.

They could at least get the supplier on smuggling and a shake down of him might give them some bigger fish. Luna surmised that a scapegoat would end up taking the fall if people dug around a bit.

But who would lead that charge to prosecute those involved …

“We can get the supplier and his contact on the planet but I doubt the locals will due much and the ADD have bigger things to worry about, sadly,” she sighed. “But it's something at least. Unless we get the galactic police for this sector involved were the smuggling operation could be shut down if the corporations just don't grease some palms … I don't imagine that they're too honorable in these parts.”

There were galactic police and bounty hunters in the event that someone committed a crime and sought to get out of a jurisdiction by traveling to a different planet. The sector police were responsible for a group of worlds and could go from planet to planet in a sector to follow up an investigation.

The sector police dealt with crimes the ADD didn't have the resources to handle or were outside of the portfolio of the ADD. There were a lot of planets out there after all and the ADD could not be present on all of them.

The supply ship would be sought out though it had a head start on them it was not as fast as a fighter leaving the two agents here with EMI while the Invincible chased after it on remote.

“I suppose we just turn this over,” Luna said to Cynthia.

Tue May 05, 2015 5:31 pm

¨you have no idea how corrupt the companies on this planet are. i could tell you stories that would make you sick¨cynthia checks the machine checking the mods and finding a piece from a company on the planet.¨lets take this evidence to the emi while the invicible catches its prey¨

Tue May 05, 2015 5:50 pm

“I suppose we are here until the morning … I do not know how much we can get accomplished in such a short time frame but it beats doing nothing. What about the prisoners? Cut them loose? Turn them over? Even if they get held only on vandalism it should give us a little time to do a little digging unless they contact employers …”

She had been at an impasse as to what to do with the men. Clearly they couldn't not hold them against their will as that would be kidnap. Unless, well, they could always “invite” the prisoners along, a technicality but …

Depending on the issue of what they did with the prisoners they had to contact the warehouse owners about the damage and get a security detail here before setting back off to EMI who processed the serial and make model of the Load Lifter. An exclusive model that Harper Industries used.

“Well it's something to investigate any way though it could be as simple as a rival stealing one of their machines too. I'll have EMI do what she can to hack into the financial information, the droid is severely modified … discharging electricity, attacking sentients, shielded against EMP … costly, maybe something will stick out though if we do a bit of snooping it would be highly illegal … it might get use enough evidence to pass off to one of the sector police since the law on this planet can't be trusted.”

Tue May 05, 2015 7:38 pm

¨turn them over to the sector police would be best. the police here are a joke.¨cynthia checks her comm.¨seems the transport was caught and turned over to the invincible is on its way back¨

Tue May 05, 2015 8:07 pm

“Excellent, I wish there was a bi more we could do here but with the prisoners and the supplier plus the machine sector police should be able to handle this,” Luna pondered the gemstones and the issues on hand for a moment … she had a bit of an idea that she would pass along to sector police.

“Good work though. You were in a fire fight, however brief, and we did manage to safe guard the goods. If we had greater authority here in this sector or the matter involved piracy or smuggling we would have to brake our standing orders.

“You'll learn as you go, what you pass along and what we focus on. We can get away with some matters as I pertains to following up something. I could have gotten away with hacking files if it turned up something involving them to an extent.. Following up an ongoing investigation in a sector of space we have authority to work in though usually I would need some sort of authorization or warrant … there are a few exceptions though.”

She smiled, then got an ETA on when the sector police would arrive so that everything could be transferred over to them when they got there. Sorting out the jams from the other supplies was something that they could do though she figured that the relief as a whole would be looked at.

Tue May 05, 2015 8:42 pm

¨i don't know what but i have a bad feeling that it going to get worce here¨cynthia felt a forboding it all was to fast happened to easy¨it was to easy. for gems this size and with the conglomerates behind it.¨

Wed May 06, 2015 1:13 am

“Maybe so but this isn't a matter for the ADD. Outside of passing along some information to the sector police. Whoever was behind this has probably hidden their tracks. The gems are still on planet though so there might be another attempt on them, not tonight though. To be safe we should just store them on one of the ship's until the sector police arrive and take charge of them.

“This could lead into something bigger,”
Luna shrugged. “Probably the gems are being used to purchase drugs, weapons or slaves and if the later you can bet that the information will be shared with us but it looks as if all the little investigation stuff will be handled by them.

“I guess I could go through the Load Lifter for additional information but it will probably be seen as getting too entangled in the upcoming investigation. Well, I guess an easy enough assignment. You'll like them when they come up.”

Wed May 06, 2015 6:19 am

¨if you say so luna. id say store them on the invincible its shields are top notch and if need be its the fastest ship around.¨ cynthia looks around.¨but keep your ship near since mine lakes major weapons¨

Wed May 06, 2015 5:01 pm

“Alright, as soon as the Invincible gets here we will move them to it. We still have to sort out the supplies. If the sector police get here before we are done then it will be their problem to deal with. As much as I do not like giving other agencies additional work but in this case it can't be helped.”

With that all that is left for them on Destra is finishing up here and turning things over to the sector police once they show up. The minor stuff such as watching over the supplies and what not.

Wed May 06, 2015 7:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5