View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:03 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Tour Guide (for Nesa) 

Post Tour Guide (for Nesa)

"Hello! My names is Nesa Myres, I'm new to the school. I would like to have the chances to get the grand tour of the campus grounds before my classes start next week! Please if anyone would like meet with me then come visit me after orientation."

She read the message then nodded slowly at the prefect that pulled it off the campus bulletin board. She had been pulled up on a minor infraction and seeing how this had been her first offense she was getting off light with some communal work. Rebecca had figured that it would entail something like clearing up liter or painting but she was not complaining about the task at all.

It had been the reason why she was getting the message now. She reread it before she was dismissed finding her way to the building that she had her orientation in when she arrived here some time back. She waited outside at the appropriate time.

Still dressed in her uniform she removed her backpack fishing out a notebook and pen. When the students departed from orientation she was standing beside her pack, notebook in hand with Nesa's name printed in huge letters. She gazed at each passing student wondering just who this girl was, trying to determine just who she was. There were so many new faces so this was impossible, Nesa was going to have to come to her.

She moved in closer abandoning her pack for now so that each new arrival had a chance to view the scrawled name. It was simply going to be a matter of time if Nesa was among them. Each second she wondered if this student would be the one.

Rebecca Walker, Captain of the Kendo Club
Character Listing

Rebecca's Experiences

Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:36 am

Post Re: Tour Guide (for Nesa)
She was a long way from home, Nesa didn't realize just how far she was until after she left for Shokushu that say, boarding a plane to reach the school campus came as a surprise for a person that never flew a day in her life! It came as a hard transition at first, leaving her home, family, and, friends, behind from what felt like worlds away! It was always hard to say good bye, however deep in her heart she knew she would see them all again someday as more mature person. The confident young student knew this for sure after stepping off that plane for the first time only to see the beautiful place she would be living for the next 4 years and eventually call home.

Shokushu wasn't what she was expecting, it was more then she was expecting, she never imagined that she would ever get to come to a place so remote, exotic, and beautiful. A school located on a tropical island far off the coast of.... where exactly?.... For the life of her, Nesa couldn't recall... however it didn't matter she was here now and Nesa was sure this had to be some kind of mistake in registration, someone checked the wrong box, or dropped her mail in the wrong bin, because there is no way her family had the funds to afford community collage! much less a place ranked higher then even Harvard!? Nesa had a lot of questions to ask the school officials and the head master once she got the chance.... but for now she was focused on getting settled in in her dorm, meeting her new roommate, going to orientation, and well, trying to meet new friends.

It came as a surprise when leaving the orientation hall that she saw her name scribbled on a note book in GIANT letters. It was just the night befor when she left the note on the board, she didn't expect someone to answer so quickly! Honestly it made her happy to see the brown haired, blue eyed girl waving around the note book at the other new students that passed hoping that Nessa would see her waiting. It might have been easy to spot Nessa in the crowd leaving the orientation hall, her bright blond hair, even brighter blue eyes behind semi-rimless glasses, and the cute way she dressed might have been hard to miss.

Nessa gazed back with a surprised look in her eye at the new friendly face of a fellow student. Standing there rather casually dressed in a white button up blouse, navy blue tie, skirt, black stockings and cute polished dress shoes just for the occasion. Nessa stepped out from the passing crowed and politely waved twords the girl holding her name on a note book. "Hello! Im Nessa Myres, did you see the note I left?" Nesa said with a kind welcoming smile as she approached, out stretching her hand to shake her new friends with a formal greeting.

Nessa Myers just a normal girl.

Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:29 pm

Indeed she had been hard to miss, not that she had known her to be Nesa but for a multitude of other reasons that had her distracted a bit. Countlessly glancing in her direction as she made her way closer to her so she would have a chance to see the name written on her notebook.

She looked so much like Makeena save for the eye color and glasses. What ever happened to Makeena she still could not say. It had seemed that anyone she had met that had been aware of the nature of this place vanished. In time would she? She was caught off guard in that the girl had been the one that she sought in the first place.

A smile found it's way across her lips as she closed her notebook before extending a hand in return. The customary greeting of Western students she had gotten quite use to handshakes in her time here. Besides a bow ignoring the offered hand would have been rude and she didn't mind so much.

“Rebecca Walker,”
she gave a name for a name, blue eyes drinking her in almost forgetting to disengage that handshake. “Yes, I read it over. Now let's see, I could give you a basic tour like you get at most colleges but I thought I could change it up a little. Since this is not a group tour we can personalize it better. What are your interests? I can show you places that you'll find more interesting.”

She began to walk with her back toward her back where she would stow away the notebook and slip the pack back on.

Character Listing

Rebecca's Experiences

Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:29 pm

A bright smile crossed the new students lips as the girl waiting for her returned the greeting with the same look of kindness Nessa was longing for, feeling her new friend gladly shake her hand. Its a pleasure to meet you Rebecca." Nessa said kindly, smiling as they shared greetings, only feeling their handshake linger for longer then expected. Nessa noticed that her friend was taking her in, gazing over her head to toe befor disengaging their handshake in a rather sudden way that left Nessa confused, it didn't bother her at all, the opposite, Nessa actually laughed with a sweet giggle befor smiling as she watched Rebecca turn away and walk twords her book bag to gather her belongings afhter asking her a question regarding the tour of the collage grounds.

Oh! thank you! that's thoughtful of you." Nessa said sweetly as she fallowed Rebecca to where she left her bag. "Im not really sure, I enjoy all kinds of things, I assume the school has alot of things to offer other then just classes right? We are here until we graduate... uhm.." Nessa said watching Rebecca sling her back pack over a shoulder, only pausing to consider the question. "Well... other then just the general school I enjoy the beach, or any nice spots just to hang out, Oh! I know!" Nessa smiled. "You have spent some times here yes? Why don't you show me what is fun to do around the school when classes are not in session!"

Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:41 am

“Well, yes, there are plenty of things. They don't allow us to leave even on brake or make phone calls so there's a ton of recreational stuff. Numerous clubs and activities to boot. For example I am the captain of the kendo club.” She smiled again noting all the suggestions.

She considered what sort of stuff would be deemed fun. She had been focused so much on kendo that she did not do much else that had been typical of normal students. But she was well aware of things that others found interesting. Then she recalled something she had been shown once before and grinned as she looked at Nesa. It was a fleeting grin as she set aside the idea, at least for the time being.

“I know of a few beaches here. It's an island after all and a lot of the locations close to the campus are popular. Shorter walks and all. There are plenty of secluded spots too if you don't mind the trip but I wouldn't recommend them.”
She did not want to scare Nesa. She could be one of the lucky ones, oblivious to things so warning her to stay with large groups wouldn't sit well. She could say that there were wild animals or something but there were no animals on the island and she would soon discover the lie even if it had been in her best interest.

She sauntered on toward the closet beach. “It gets hot a lot and rains often but usually there's advance warning and the rain never lasts longer than ten or fifteen minutes unless we get hit with the rare tropical storm but I can't recall the last one we had.”

There were a few students present as not everyone had classes at the same time or everyday in fact. She went over the direct path from the campus to this beach here and pointed back the way they came explaining just how to get here even though they had just walked here she refreshed it in her mind.

“Do you like hiking? I don't recommend going too far, the trails go all over the island through the jungle. If you just stick to a trail you won't get lost it will just take forever to get anywhere as the path loops back on itself eventually. However it can be a bit confusing as there are other paths that branch off, short cuts to here and there but if you stick to the one you're on you'll wind up coming back to where you were a few hours later.

“Unless you're with someone that knows where they are going just stick to one path. If it seems that it's taken too long doubling back is your best bet. You would think someone would put up signs stating where each path branches off too but alas.

“Say, you're not into botany are you?”

Character Listing

Rebecca's Experiences

Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:40 pm

"They don't even let us make phone calls? Why not?" Nessa said with a surprised look, that was something she didn't know about. "Are we at least able to wright back to out families? Mine must be worried sick." Nessa said with a worried smile befor she continued to listen to Rebecca explain the island as her fellow student managed to set the scale for how big the island actually was and how the weather was some times, even the mention of the this club that peaked the blonds interest. "So the weather is normally pretty nice? Thats good, I would hate for it to be nasty on a day I don't have to study..... So what is kendo? You said your a captain of a club, Ive never heard of Kendo befor." Nessa smiled, asking about Rebbecas own personal interests.

"I dont mind hiking, when I was back home me and my family would go to the near by lake and hike around it every once in a while, however we stopped when me and my brother and sister got older, my mom just couldn't keep up with us anymore." Nessa said with a smile, recalling old happy memory from home befor coming to the school befor she continued to listen to Rebecca explain things about the campus and the surrounding area. The other student was very insightful, she knew a lot of things about the school it seemed. "Well lucky for me Im with someone that knows where their going." Nessa joked befor she paused as Rebecca asked her last question. "Botany? thats the study of planets right? No I cant say I am. I did some gardening back home, but I hardly consider dropping flowers into the ground to be a science."

Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:55 pm

“You can correspond back and forth. It's a bit slow in this day and age. The campus has an internet kinda. It's closed off from the outside so no email outside of to staff and fellow students. There is a nice selection of movies and music stored on their servers but I'm afraid there's nothing contemporary like current sporting events or news.

“I guess you can requisition stuff, often the mall here does custom orders but they do not always succeed in getting things. Weapons, being restricted, will always be denied along with any thing deemed to be contraband. I was trying for a while to get a kendo stick for personal use so I could practice my form on my own in my spare time but outside of the times at the gym I haven't seen one.”

She grinned at the mention of not hearing about her sport. “Kendo is more of a Japanese thing. Easiest thing to compare it to in the West is fencing. Of course it's quite different but you get the idea. I've been training for years. Did some martial arts too but I'm not too great at the later.”

For now she kept her kendo achievements light. It had not been necessary for her to brag and earlier she did say that she was the team captain so she allowed Nesa to gauge her abilities.

“I don't know the deeper parts of the island. I am familiar with what's close to the campus, however.” She smiled as she thought about that unusual cave that she was shown. “Too bad about the botany thing. There are many plants here that are quite unusual that you would just fawn over. Even so, with your interest in gardening you may find something that catches your eye.

“There's at least one plant that might strike your interest.”
She did the calculations in her head, grinning a bit. “But I don't know if I should show it to you. It's not far from here but it's sort of a hangout of one of the students. I'm almost certain it's been uncovered before but can't say for certain.”

She thought about it then seemed to change gears seeing if there was any interest by pretending not to have any more interest in the subject. “There's an old lighthouse here that has been long since abandoned. No ships come near here though at one time they must have had. All manners of stories I've heard about the place too.”

Character Listing

Rebecca's Experiences

Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:25 am

"That is no issue, so long as I can mail letters out to them." Nessa said with relief as Rebecca explained what was aloud in and out of the school. She didn't have much interest in current events or sports, however not being aloud to call was a bit rough, yet she would managed she guessed. The knowledge knowing she could request different stuff from the local mall was nice too, however Rebecca's mention of weapons left her concerned as she gave her new friend a strange glance at the idea. "What would students need weapons for?" Nessa asked with curiosity, however that thought was quickly eased as Rebecca changed the subject back to her sport.

"Oh! So its like fencing, I tried that once along time ago, my grandpa thought it was a fun idea but I think he just wanted a excuse to play with swords." Nessa said with a giggle. "It must be nice to have a sport like that." Nessa smiled. "Please I might not be into botany, but I would not mind seeing them, your the tour guide, please show me what ever you can." Nessa said with a smile. " No please dont worry, I don't mind seeing popular hangout spots." Nessa said befor she noticed Rebecca try to change the subject, however the light house seemed neat also. "Oh Ive never been in side a light house befor." Nessa showed intrest in all the places Rebecca wanted to show her, however it was up to her when she wanted to lead her to them.

Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:08 am

Of course she knew the need for weapons here. She also knew that they wouldn't help other than prolonging the inevitable. It was mostly so she could practice by herself outside of the gym so that the other students, her rivals, didn't learn what she was up to.

This had not stopped her from practicing in secret often with towels wrapped around a decent stick of suitable size and strength. It was crude but it helped. She did see that Nesa had an interest in the hangout spot. She also perked up with the mention of the lighthouse too causing her to smirk.

“The lighthouse is a bit far, on the other side of the island. I'm told it's haunted. I don't believe that but I've never been there myself. Still I can tell you a few creepy stories that I've heard.”

Chances were that one of the residents had been using the place as a lair. As she lead the way she told her a few of the stories she heard. The sighting of eerie lights, even a student going missing when checking out the place but she chalked that up to a tall tale. She wasn't entirely sure since students tended to disappear but after dealing with some of these things face to face they didn't kill her when they could have easily done so.

Finding one of the nearby hiking trail she showed her a few of the colorful even strange plants. “I can't point out many of them. I recognize some of the common stuff. Word of advice stay clear of anything that looks too bright or eating any of the berries. I don't know much about this sort of thing but colorful things tend to be poisonous. I haven't heard of anyone getting sick but why take the chance?”

She stood there with her hands behind her back looking her over quickly once more then smiling. “So you sure you want to check out that hangout spot. It's, well different to say the least.”

Character Listing

Rebecca's Experiences

Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:16 am

"I dont mind going for a walk. Show me what ever you interesting." Nessa said with a smile befor fallowing Rebecca where ever she decided to lead her too. On the way Rebecca telling the new student about the scary stories about the light house and the student that went missing there. It was enough to make Nessa a bit uneasy however she did fine unless Rebecca actually tried to scare her.

Afther the lighthouse Rebecca lead Nesa to a hiking trail where the pair saw planets and strange barries. Rebecca tried to explain them yet neither of them actually knew what kind of planets they were. Nessa was still invested, some were actually pretty to look at however when Rebecca asked her the question regarding the hide out Nessa glared back to her new friend. "Of chorse! I would not mind knowing about fun hangouts or places other students go outside of classes..... uhm how diffrent?" Nessa asked curiously, wondering what Rebecca ment by the hangout being "diffrent".

Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:32 am

“It's better if I showed you,” she announced quit uncertain as to how she would take it. Besides a little mystery would only make matters more intriguing. “But since I'm unsure about making the location known to you just yet.”

She gave this some thought for a second or so and came up with a simple solution. Removing her tie she moved behind Nesa. Setting it in place then waving a hand in front of her face to ensure that she could not see. “I think this will do for now.”

Taking her hand she had to lead her away. Following the path had been easier until they had to leave it. Progress was slower avoiding roots and stones but it wasn't too far so it wasn't much of a chore.“OK,” she moved behind Nesa untying the makeshift blindfold and putting it back on.

Before her was a cave where a beam of light came from the ceiling illuminating an area further within. This light was sunlight entering the chamber from a hole in the ceiling. Inside that chamber was a strange scene. The ground was soft and interwoven with various roots that climbed the walls.

The floor was a pink coloration where the roots did not cover. It was like walking on memory foam. “It must only come out in full at night, makes sense. It's alright, come on.”

She headed deeper into the cave moving toward the light.

Character Listing

Rebecca's Experiences

Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:01 pm

"You can trust me, I wont tell any secrets I promise." Nessa said, trying to defend her self however Rebecca didn't seem to have it leaving Nessa no choice to to accept the blind fold as Rebecca came around to tie it around her and blocking her vision. It was nerve rattling at first as Nessa couldn't see a single thing however once Rebecca too her by the hand made things better as Nessa simply nodded and fallowed her guide the best she could down the beat and path to where ever it was Rebecca planed to take her too. It wasn't long however befor the pair reached their destination and Rebecca untied the blond fold and let Nessa see where she was. Being new to the island she had no clue however she gazed at the cave befor her and the pink floor only to watch Rebecca her new friend stroll casually inside. "Ah... What comes out at night? Nessa asked as she reached out to take Rebecca's hand befor entering the dark cave with her new friend, their only light the illumination from the skylight above.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:33 am

She eagerly took her hand again leading her into that room. From above one could have looked down to see the occupants of the cave. If it had been a hill such would be possible and a look up indicated that there had been no one there at present. Rebecca allowed her to take in the sights around her first and get a feel for the strange place.

Letting her hand go Rebecca moved out in front of her slinking off her pack and setting it down. “Just this,” she smiled before briefly closing her eyes for a second or two. What appeared to be vines came up through the pink floor … actually it was the floor itself reshaping itself in particular sections to entwine around her legs.

A larger section of the floor rose up behind her forming a seat that Rebecca pushed her back into. “This,” again Rebecca was smiling. “There's no need to be alarmed. It's quite strange, isn't it? The sooner you get use to strange things the better.”

She could have stood again but those vines ensured she could not take more then a step in any direction and Rebecca was right in front of her and may have just pushed her back down again. They were not quite beneath that hole that let in the light but the chamber was well illuminated as it was. Anyone up there may have been able to see them with some difficulty but that was something she would be uncertain about.

Character Listing

Rebecca's Experiences

Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:11 am

The cave was strange and Nessa couldnt lie she was slightly scared, Rebecca could tell by the way she tightly held her hand and simply fallowed, glacing around the room curiously as the new student tried to simply take it all in, her eyes always coming back to the caves sky light above. Nessa glared back to Rebecca as her friend released her hand, watching her slink off her backpack befor turning to face the curious new student with a smile.

"J-just what?"Nessa said curiously, however that was befor she let out a shout of suprise and quickly looked down to see what brushed her ankel, leaving her wide open for what Rebecca did next as she suddenly pushed Nessa back into a seat that rose from the ground behind her befor vines snapped out and snaired her arms and legs.

"W-what?! R-Rebecca! W-what are you doing?! W-what strange things!?" Nessa gasped in shock, confused by this sidden behavior as she pulled and tugged agiest her new binding. [color=#FFFF00]"R-Rebecca!? Uh! L-let go!" Nessa shyly gasped as she stuggled.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:04 am

She watched Nesa flounder for a moment as the strangeness crept over her at that moment. She grinned then loomed over the distressed girl. She could tell she was scared from earlier and imagined how she processed this now remembering back to when she first discovered it.

“Release yourself.” There was no darkness in those words, just a statement that she ended with a smile. A lone finger set itself against her neck feeling her pulse before it dipped down towards her collar then back up. “Unless you don't want to.”

The vines on her legs pulled them apart a little more then stopped. “I have no idea what it is. I've never seen it before coming to the island nor have I heard of it. As best as I can tell it's some sort of plant but it's not the weirdest thing on the island either.

“As far as I can tell it responds to mental commands. Try it for yourself.”
She righted her posture and stepped back in order to give her some space. “As long as you don't get caught in a mental game of tug of war with someone, don't know what happens then. Give it a try.”

Character Listing

Rebecca's Experiences

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:07 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next