View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 The Bargain (for Eimelle) 

Post The Bargain (for Eimelle)
Who had made them if the planet was suppose to be uninhabited. Perhaps that had not always been the case. Perhaps there had been someone here in the planet's distant past. The mystery had drawn him back here as he spent the day looking for answers.

A day turned into two, two into three and three into four as he slithered about the stone ruins, analyzing the cryptic symbols that had adorned walls like hieroglyphics. He had tried in vain to decipher the language used but couldn't.

He did find some artifacts of a time long ago. Ceramic pottery, a very primitive battery that only held the charge of a few volts, though most notably he uncovered a metal trident or what he thought would be a trident had it possessed the trio of metallic forks that it once possessed. There had been a red jewel, a ruby perhaps, that had been set into the metal of this rod that appeared to be lighter than its material make up would suggest.

While he had no use for wealth Aegir knew that other beings did so he had tried to remove the jewel from the rod but even his strength couldn't pry it from the metal that it had been inlaid in. Thus he was in the process of transporting the rod to his lair with the other stuff that he had found seeing if there had been a tool of some sort that he could use to pry the gem loose in order to get a better purchase on it.

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Last edited by Aegir 2 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:12 pm

Post Re: The Bargain (for Eimelle)
Having had enough of drifting through the universe, hoping to find someone or something that could help her get her kingdom back, Eimelle had decided to head for a planet that she had heard was quite the hotspot for all manner of beings. Setting her ship down far from where the main signs of life were detected she headed out into the lush landscapes of what seemed to be an island.

Dressed in her usual attire, a garment so revealing that most would wonder how it stayed on her body, she looked over the area and decided to head towards an old ruin that was fairly close by and wondered if she would run into anyone along the way...

Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:11 am

In fact she would as Aegir had slithered away from the ruins to the surrounding forest. Light here had been dimmer given the canopy that the trees had formed bloating out the harsh rays of sunlight that so affect his eyes. His mind as always had been reaching out, scanning the vicinity when he felt something strange, something alien. It had not been a human mind, that had been for sure. First off the thoughts had been all wrong for that, another monster perhaps?

Curious Aegir had to decide if he would approach or simply steer clear of them. Whatever this creature was it had been approaching in the general direction that he was heading. To veer away from this entity would cost him time given his slow movements. He was patient given his long lifespan.

Still it would cost him effort and excursion so he refrained from that course of action. He had nothing to fear after all and thus continued on his way, those thoughts growing stronger and stronger until his vision spied upon a female being through the trees.

Needless to say she had caught his attention, causing his to slither over in her general direction. For starters he had not plucked her image from the minds of any of the students or agents he had encountered, and thus had approached her to add her to the list that he had mentally made of the creatures that only others had come across and of course their powers.

Character Listing

Last edited by Aegir 2 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:06 pm

As she walked along towards the ruins wondering what could possibly be in such old ruins when she felt something buzzing around inside her head, Like someone is trying to read my mind she thought. Turning her attention to the lush forest she scanned the line of trees before she asked "Is someone there? If there is someone there I would appreciate you not reading my thoughts without at least asking me first."

Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:48 am

He had answered only because it had been another entity and he had not yet know what she had been capable of. His eyes turning in her direction he assessed that her vision had been human-like since she could not see him yet but he could see her.

Yes, there is.

His words had been telepathic since he had lacked vocal chords. Though he had assumed that she was some psionicist given that she detected his psychic probe into her mind though her words had not seemed harsh he did find himself pulling out of her mind, the feeling was so bizarre, so alien given that he had felt naked without that ability.

He did come into view, white eyes scrolling up and down her body, a musky scent subconsciously slipping out of his body as he released pheromones, pheromones that had no effect on humans though she wasn't human and he had no way of predicting the effect, if any, upon her.

Character Listing

Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:08 am

"A telepath, hmm?" She asked as the other being stepped into her field of vision. "You should know it's quite rude to read someone elses thoughts without asking them first." she said haughtily. Her gaze seemed stern for just a moment before she smiled and said "But it's not like you were doing anything sinister so I suppose I can forgive you just this once."

Looking him over she asked, "What are you doing way out here? I thought the hotspot for most who came here was that school further in."

Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:24 am

He had watched her smile, relaxing a bit since he had not suspected any hostility here. Her question posed to him one of his tentacles instinctively tightening against the shaft of the trident that he had carried.

It is, though it can be a bit boring at times, I do prefer the one at Shokushu though. The island posses inhibitors that mitigate or suppress the students abilities so its like hunting in a caged area at times. No challenge, just aim your gun and shoot.

He had explained and while that was all good to him the lack of a challenge seemed to be getting to him after a good deal of time. His mouth tendrils twitched eyes took in everything that they could see from wings to pointed ears and had those been fangs that he saw? It was tough to say from here.

So I just poked around some ruins over the past few days finding a few relics of the past like this, he held the trident up before her eyes. There were a few other trinkets that I uncovered though nothing like this. I was going to research it though I do suspect that I have read about this weapon before. A psionic amplifer of sorts.

Character Listing

Last edited by Aegir 2 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:52 pm

"What's the fun of hunting something already caged? Not that I would hunt humans anyways but still the question remains valid." she asked him, curious at the motivations of this being. Her curiousity was peaked even more as what did seem to be a trident was raised before her eyes, "A psionic amplifier? What a great find!" she said happily, seeming to the other being to be genuinely happy for him.

"And if it still works I would like to buy it from you. If you would be willing to bargain for it." she told him.

Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:22 pm

There is no sense to it though it does get me a way from the others who cannot go there.

He had pondered matters for a moment eyes peeling up and down her exotic body again. There have been few beings that he had interacted with on more than a few lines to. His eyes had then turned to the trident as if he had been calculating something in his mind.

It's not for sale. There's little that I can do with money though I would be inclined to exchange it for something that I want or need.

Character Listing

Last edited by Aegir 2 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:22 am

"And what is it that you would want from me if you have no need for money?" She asked the other being as she was quite willing to bargain, at least to a certain point. "But just so you know, even if we do agree on something I will have to make sure the amplifier works before you get your payment. Agreed?" she asked him, making herself perfectly clear so that there would be no problems later.

Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:48 am

He had mulled matters over in his mind, thinking about her simply taking the trident and making off with it, though he believed that he could stop her if that had been the case. All thinking aside he glance back towards her

I can agree to that. What else do you have to offer other than money of course.

Character Listing

Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:34 am

"Well since you have no use for wealth I can only think of one thing to offer that would interest you....Me. At least for a short time of course, as I have no plans to stay on this planet for an extended length of time." she told the being as she looked at him and tryed to gauge his reaction to such an offer.

Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:47 am

His eyes had pooled over her once more, his eyes taking in her comely appearance as he had considered her offer. The only time he had anything like consentual sex had been twice and each time it had involved a deception of a sort. This had been so different of course and in his long life he didn't often find anything that was new or different.

How long do you plan on being on world? The question posed so that he would understand all the conditions of their agreement. And before she had a chance to answer he had added, I think some sort of arrangement could be made.

Character Listing

Last edited by Aegir 2 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:47 pm

"Good." she said as he said that they could come to some sort of agreement thinking that if he had declined for some reason that she wouldn't have had anything else to offer. "Well.... I was thinking of staying for a few days. That would be more then enough time to satisfy your end of the deal as well as give me some time to explore a little more of the island." she told him, not quite sure that it would be enough time as she had not met any beings of his kind so that she had no idea how much stamina he had.

Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:44 pm

He nodded as she spoke handing the trident out to her for inspection as he added a word or two about it.

The missing tines I believe have other powers that augment the trident, or so I have read. I have not used it of course and am immune to mental probing of any sort save from telepathic messages so trying it out against me won't uncover any results. Maybe such powers may seem easier to use while you usher them into being. I'm uncertain since I have not used the trident itself and only have knowledge gleaned from books.

Character Listing

Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next