View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Divine Assistance (Seraph) 

Location: Either flying through the sky or in the Thousand Blossom Garden.
Post Re: Divine Assistance (Seraph)
Seraph watched as Rahs stepped forward without hesitation, as expected. At his approach the flower of light remained, and as Rahs stepper into it he would feel like he was pushing through a thick liquid for a foot before emerging in front of Seraph himself. He had made it through the garden, and in doing so it had proven to be quite entertaining for Seraph to watch. It was obvious the mercenary wanted to speak to Seraph, and Seraph would let him.

As the mercenary stepped through the last part of the flower of light he would find himself in a circular clearing twelve feet in diameter. Seraph himself was sitting cross legged facing away from where the mercenary entered from, his four wings all wrapped around him. Not counting the flower of light that completely surrounded the clearing (Which one would be certain hadn't looked that big on the outside) it was completely bare. The ground was simply hardened earth and no plants covered it. This was not a place for entertainment, but one for thought, and practising magic.

Rahs Xalezel. You wanted to speak to me about something I presume? Seraph's voice is neutral, revealing nothing of his emotions or how he felt about the mercenary reaching him.

For those in space Yautja is on the prowl for new trophies

For a list of my chars go to here

Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:16 am
Profile YIM

Not even when his helmet was a few inches away from the hedge, it didn't move aside or disappeared. But it didn't matter, if he had to push through it, then there was no other choice. But the flower felt like nothing he had expected. It wasn't like passing through vines or some silky material, but actually it felt like he was stepping into a wall made of a viscous liquid.

After the weird flower, the mercenary finally entered the clearing where a single figure sat cross legged with his back facing him. His blonde hair was tied to a ponytail and he seemed covered only with his wings. The next thing he noticed was that the hedge seemed higher, and that the ground was not covered with flowers. It seemed like he didn't like to play with them himself.

"Want, I haven't talked about it with you yet," Rahs replied, correcting the acceptable use of verb tense that somehow disturbed him. "I believe you've been told about the prom Shokushu is having. A very interesting idea from the Headmaster. Anyway, I'm sure you don't want to be disturbed to talk about the event, so I'll cut the point." As he talked, the mercenary moved a bit to his right, and looked at where his sense of direction told him the school was.

"I came to ask for your help. You may already know this, but I'm not capable of changing my appearance to one more fit for the prom, unlike you and many other monsters with magical powers. I actually was advised to ask you to assist me, and so I came all the way over here.

"Also, nice garden by the way."

The mare of your night, there in your darkest hour - Sylvana

SFA---
A cold woman - Sydr Haldar
The blazing huntress - Miria Dyranda

Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:44 am

It is rather simple I am afraid, the spells that created it were rather rushed and not as complex as I would have preferred. In a couple more days I should have more complex spell structures cast that will continue to improve it, but I doubt anything I say about magic theory will mean much, short of it will be different in a few days time.

Seraph rose and turned to face the alien mercenary, and as he looked down two of his wings unwrapped themselves and started slowly flapping behind him, as if blown by an unseen breeze. So what you want is a illusion, something you could use to conceal your appearance and pass as a human. Do you want something that is just usable for the prom itself or would you prefer to be able to re-use it? Do you have a specific appearance in mind? And finally the most important question of all, why should I help you? Seraph left a pause between each question to allow him a chance to answer, and he asked the next question the moment one was provided.

As entertaining as Rahs had been that had simply given him permission to talk to Seraph and state his business. Seraph had no reason to help him, as easy as it would be to provide a simple illusion. Unless the mercenary could come up with a reason, something that Seraph would gain for this, his entire trip here would have been useless.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:33 am
Profile YIM

Rahs listened carefully as the fallen angel explained about his garden. He seemed to complain that it was made quite hastily and yet remained very simple. He seemed to have some faith, however, in its evolving ability. The mercenary started to wonder about the garden too, and seemed to agree that some factors weren't placed to exactly impede one's progress until the flower of life appeared. "I guess predictions don't matter much in an ever-changing environment."

Seraph then stood up and turned towards Rahs, his wings flapped but much of the wind was blocked by the hedge. He started to ask the mercenary some questions waiting for his answers, and so he started to think, looking slightly away as if he was mulling over such easy decisions. "The appearance of a male human after the prom would be hard to use, but I guess I could use the versatility.

"I do," the second answer was extremely short, but after all, the mercenary had an habit of sticking to the specific questions and not explaining much unless asked to. The third answer caused a groan from him as if trying to find a good excuse. "There's no reason for you to help me now. But..." Rahs' gaze turned to Seraph and shrugged slightly at the obvious remark he was going to make. "I'm a mercenary after all. I'm willing to offer my services as payment if you need them. If there's something difficult for you to do or simply impossible, I'd certainly help you with it."

SFA---

Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:30 am

Ah but why would I need help with something? No matter, I am sure I will think of something. So it is a favour for a favour. I provide you something that you can use to look like a human male, and in exchange you owe me a favour I can call up later. Deal?

Seraph took a step forward and extended his hand. The mercenary wouldn't notice the contract magic that was swirling around Seraph's hand. If he clasped hands the deal was made and if either of them tried to back out of the deal it would kill them. All Rahs would feel would be a slight burning spreading up his arm.

Seraph didn't think this would be necessary, if Rahs was a mercenary than he would treat his word as sacred. Once he agreed to do something he would do it. Anything less and he would struggle to find employers as word spread about his dishonesty. But Seraph had no intention to take the risk that Rahs would try and step out of the agreement, no matter how small it was.

Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:09 am
Profile YIM

How would I know if you need help for something... True, Rahs was very aware that surely most if not all of his needs were satisfied in this place, but he at least had to try something to get the help. I also deserve it for crossing the garden. That thought became a mental note that the mercenary would have to make use of some other time and probably in some bar in space, since it wouldn't be wise to annoy the monster that was gonna do him the favor.

"Deal." Rahs glanced at the extended hand and raised his own. As the two beings shook hands, the mercenary could feel the fire spreading through his arm. Now both were committed to the deal, and failure to do so meant death. And even if Rahs didn't know this due his ignorance in some specific magic spells, he still thought something of the like since his mind couldn't think of anything else than magic when the fire was still bright even after the deal was confirmed.

SFA---

Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:28 am

As Seraph released the mercenaries hand a brief smile appeared on his face. I assume you do not mind the fact I used some contract magic to bind our agreement. I did not expect you to break your word, but I would prefer not to take the chance. If either of us breaks the contract they die in agony as their soul is burnt away into nothingness. And now to my side of the contract.

Seraph's hand moved through the air in a strange gesture, and as it did so Rahs would swear that the hand was somehow in four places at once, and each put it at an impossible angle. Suddenly the 'four' hands snapped back into one and a simple necklace floated in front of Rahs. For the moment it was just a dull cord thing, nearly worthless in appearance. Any changes to its shape, texture or material you want made? As if to demonstrate it briefly became an elaborate golden chain, than one made of glass and its last demonstration was a necklace made up of thousands of tiny links that each appeared to have been carved from a perfect Ruby. Seraph let it hold that form for a little bit before it reset itself back to the dull cord that was large enough to slip over Rahs' neck easily.

Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:27 pm
Profile YIM

The smile he had after he released his hand was a bit awkward at first but after listening closely to what he said, the mercenary raised an eyebrow though it wasn't visible due his mask. "No, I certainly don't mind you making sure that I keep my word... Even if it means death..." Well, death isn't a thing you can gladly accept but it's not like Rahs would have dared to forget about the deal. Not only because word could break out but he also had a perfect record to maintain.

Seraph's hand then moved through the air in the most unusual gesture that seemed to make an illusion of four hands with impossible positions... Or was it? But as soon as the mercenary tried to tell truth from illusion, the hands snapped back into one and a necklace appeared. As the necklace changed appearance three times before turning into a simply cord, he started to think in what possibly would be best. "Possibly like that last one, but with sapphire instead. Make two small crossed metal swords hang from it, too." The pair of swords represented the first weapons Rahs received after becoming a soldier, and parts of their hilts were decorated with sapphire. To keep the past close, the memory was chosen for the necklace's appearance.

SFA---

Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:16 am

As Rahs described what he wanted the necklace warped and shifted to match his description. When he finished he regarded the necklace, and nodded to himself at the result. It was perfect, the sort of perfection that one normally would have to make something from a single piece of rock to achieve.

With the physical appearance of the item done Seraph posed the next question. What sort of enchantment do you want to change your form? An illusion, that is you keep your actual form but anyone looking at you sees something else, or an actual shape-shift? Do you want it keyed to a single appearance or do you want to be able to set it to something each time you activate it? Like before Seraph paused between each question to give Rahs a chance to answer.

Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:55 pm
Profile YIM

It was like if his words changed reality as the necklace changed its appearance and became even better-looking than what the mercenary had in mind, almost like if the necklace took his thoughts and made them better. After watching the amazing necklace, Rahs approved of it with an eager nod and a hidden smile behind the mask.

He then turned to Seraph as he proceeded to ask the following questions. "If an actual shape-shift makes me lose my powers, I rather take the illusion." The first was an easy one. Many people say that you don't know what you have until you lose it, but it was clear for Rahs that losing the abilities he gained would probably tempt luck to act against him. "Well, if I can set it to something different each time, then I'd choose that." Versatility was a very important factor for the mercenary.

SFA---

Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:53 am

Seraph nodded once at the mercenary and his hand gestured again. He muttered a few words that were loud enough for Rahs to hear something, but too soft to make out any of the words. Seraph had no intention of providing Rahs any sort of magical knowledge from this, other than what its possible effects were. After all that the necklace was suddenly complete.

Put it on and simply say the word 'Kialarin' to activate or deactivate it. Every time you activate it you have to completely picture what you want it to look like, forget something and you will have to dispel and reactivate it to change it. It will have a generic male human shape that it will revert to when no specific instructions are given on activation, but I would advise against using it. Feel free to try it out.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:19 am
Profile YIM

The fallen angel made it look almost too easy. Once he nodded and gestured again with his hand he began to make another incantation, soft enough that the mercenary couldn't hear a word. Rahs could only stare at the necklace and Seraph in silence, until suddenly it was complete. No alarm or beeping sound to warn him, but one could simply tell that the magic was done.

Kialarin... "Okay, let's try this out." It was the first attempt at something close to magic for the mercenary. The last time he tried casting a fire spell with an old wizard friend, he ended burning his house after a hundred failed attempts. But this time the instructions were simple, so he had to give it a try. Rahs' hand reached out and took the necklace from midair, and while he started to think for an appearance, his hand unconsciously started twirling the necklace around his finger. After a few seconds, his other hand extended the necklace and put it around his neck.

His eyes were closed and he said the word "Kialarin." A warm feeling, probably his own imagination, but after opening his eyes nothing changed. Seraph was still as tall as he was and the wind felt the same, but when Rahs looked at his body, there was like a shadow of another person on him. He could see his own body, but on top of it was like a faint transparent human body. The mercenary looked like a man covered with white robes and brown shoes. His skin was lightly tanned and his hair was long and blond. "Holy crap, this is weird..."

SFA---

Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:47 pm

Seraph waved a hand once more and the air to the right of Rahs shimmered and a mirror appeared so Rahs could properly see the illusion's effect. After a few seconds for the enchantment to settle down into the desired form Rahs would be as affected by the illusion as anyone else, and would 'see' the illusion rather than the real body. Even though he knew it to be false his eyes would still show him the illusion. This would mean some parts of him would still give him sensations, but he would not be able to see them. But Seraph had decided that unless Rahs had a method of properly seeing the dimensions of the illusion the chance of him being able to act the part would be slim.

It will take a couple of seconds to activate fully, and during that time it will look as if a human body is being layered on top of your normal body. Give it a few seconds to settle in, and when you can no longer see past the illusion to see your own body than no-one else can. And since you know its an illusion but you can't see past it their is no way someone who doesn't know it is an illusion to determine what you really are, at least as long as you are careful enough to act the part. Try to keep the dimensions as close to your actual as much as you can, as powerful as the spell is the more you change the higher the chance their will be inconsistencies between the way the illusion moves to match you and the way something of that size should or could move. Any further questions?

Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:06 am
Profile YIM

Another wave of his hand and a mirror shimmered into existence right in front of Rahs. He noticed it and looked at himself, and he could see how the illusion remained like that veil for only a couple of seconds before finally appearing to be the human he thought of. Just as Seraph started to explain how the illusion worked after being activated, the mercenary looked at his own arms and hands and was surprised to see that his body was no longer visible even for him.

Turning to the mirror once more he could see his new face, and how it reflected the movements that he did, smiling twice and raising an eyebrow to see the effect. Finally explaining how careful he should be about the difference in dimensions between the illusion and his real body, Rahs acknowledged with a simple "Right."

The chance to ask questions would maybe a bit difficult to use satisfyingly considering how curious he was to this new spell, but there were at least a few questions he thought of. "Hmm, what if something happens to a part of the illusion or it touches something, will I be able to feel it? And if I bump into someone or touch someone, will the other person feel the illusion or feel the part of my body?" The first question was accompanied by one of his hands brushing a sleeve of the robe to make his point clearer, while the second was emphasized by one of his fingers pointing to his head, surely referring to his helmet. "If I take my helmet off right now, will it suddenly appear or will I just look weird?"

SFA---

Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:10 am

It is an illusion, a deception, nothing more. You will not feel anything if someone touches the illusion unless in doing so they also touch you. However the reverse is only partly true. To something with no soul, such as a wall or a cup, the illusion does not exist. If you aren't careful and the illusion is larger than you anything with no soul will seem to pass through. If something does have a soul they will think they feel the sensation that touching the illusion provides. For example if a student was to touch your cheek she would feel skin, not your mask, touch the robe and they feel whatever cloth it appears to be, and even if the illusion was larger than you they could not force their hand through the illusion. However something could force them through it, such as falling, so I would advise you be careful. Seraph paused while Rahs asked the second question, and when Rahs had finished Seraph continued.

Anything on you remains concealed by the illusion until you break contact, at which point it will appear. To take your example if you remove your mask it will be invisible until you are no longer touching it, at which point it will reappear. Once the illusion is cast it will not expand to anything, so if you take your mask off and break contact to conceal it again you would have to dispel the illusion and recast it while touching the mask. Which leads nicely into what the spell affects. Anything you are touching, well excluding the ground, is concealed by the illusion, and as I said remains concealed until you break contact. Once cast the spell does not expand onto anything new. Does that answer your questions?

Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:14 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next