View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 3:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 The Goddess and the Wolf (For Elizia) 

Post Re: The Goddess and the Wolf (For Elizia)
Edward studied the goddess as she responded about what he thought about her politics. The change was subtle, but he could somehow detect that it was a rather uncomfortable subject for her. A personal experience, perhaps? He filed that information in the back of his mind as he continued to listen to her.

He then thought for a moment and said. "Maybe so... but I like my 'pets' to be quite intelligent and possess sanity. It makes it interesting, not to mention that some of them, might just turn out to be worthy students."

He then shifted slightly and said. "Do you want to sit beside me, milady?"

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:41 am
Profile YIM

"The prospect of their intelligence helping to change the world where we live in does not seem that likely. However, I guess they could prove useful and entertaining if they manage to do something with their sanity still on them. After all, humans are adaptable creatures and could even improve some aspects of how other beings live. Their potential does not at all stop in being used as sex toys, I suppose." Elizia spoke as she thought about the girls she had met with a more serious point of view. No monster was on Shokushu to see which girl was the most intelligent, however, and she didn't tend to think much about them unless they proved themselves worthy.

"Though the air is much more comfortable, I'll accept your offer since you are very kind, Edward. Elizia gave a warm smile for a second before floating next to Edward and sitting on the cliff, not before using her magic to make the ledge more comfortable for her, her hair bouncing lightly.

Rahs Xalezel, the wandering mercenary.
Sylvana, the Mare of your night.

SFA---
A cold woman - Sydr Haldar
The blazing huntress - Miria Dyranda

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:18 pm

Edward nodded and said. "I am most honored to be able to sit beside you, Lady Elizia... I wonder... if goddesses like you have to deal with stuffy relations between duty and honor and those kinds of things in the heavens? I am most curious to find about this one thing."

He then turned to her and said. "Could you enlighten me by answering my question, please?"

Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:53 am
Profile YIM

Eliz listened to the wolf's flattery and smiled lightly, though his question was something that made the goddess stop that expression before she smiled broadly. She remained calm and kept that smile but looked a bit to the horizon before chuckling. "Honor? Not quite so. Duty sounds a bit forced, too. Where I come from, we all are responsible. We don't do our duties and many would suffer. The other gods and the mortals all do their part to keep the place as stable as we can. We are not quite perfect, I myself committed a mistake and that almost costs the existence of all mortals. There are some rules we follow because acting in certain ways cause more harm than good."

SFA---

Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:34 pm

"I see...' Edward said rather thoughtfully, and then turned his head towards her and smiled. "I guess even the divinity has headaches and troubles of their own... it makes the troubles of mortals seem so insignificant when you look at it from a higher viewpoint. And I assume politics is also something that the divinity have to contend with as well?"

Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:08 am
Profile YIM

"You are correct. The troubles mortals tend to have are usually very silly to us. That's because humans tend to doubt and have fear thanks to their unsureness. If they believed in what they think and feel, if they were firm about their convictions, their worries would disappear. The true worry is keeping that responsibility, and it's also our job to remind them that we work together as much as we can." Elizia looked back at Edward, returning the smile lightly and thinking about the other question he made, before pondering a bit. "Politics... Besides our rules and respecting the leadership of the elders, I guess we don't have much problems with that. The mortals do tend to deal with that more than we do, however."

SFA---

Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:21 pm

"I see..." Edward said thoughtfully after Elizia answered his questions. "Well... I don't think that it affects only mortals and humans though.. in Makai, we do have our own set of problems... just like normal people do... only that they usually consist of power struggles and that sort of thing. I myself have some experience in that sort of thing... and I can tell you it is quite tiresome, after a while."

Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:43 am
Profile YIM

The goddess listened to Edward talk, and she pondered about the way demons lived in their own realm, thinking that their system would be similar to the humans', but as the werewolf mentioned, one focused around power and domination. "I see, that makes sense. I hope things go more smoothly for you and your family, it's very tiresome to deal with trivial and bothersome things like power struggles." Elizia looked at Edward as she said this, sighing at the end as if agreeing with his point of view of the situation.

SFA---

Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:55 am

Edward nodded and said. "Thank you for your understanding, milady... but I am afraid that you are mistaken about one thing."

He paused for a moment, before he said. "My troubles are not just political in nature... but also one of a marital nature, if you know what I mean."

Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:23 am
Profile YIM

Hearing Edward appreciate her concern but also noting a small mistake, Elizia didn't look away from him. "And what may that be?"
The goddess knew about problems of marital nature, even those happened a bit often with the mortals living in her world. Arranged marriages, people being unfaithful. The gods didn't use to intervene much but always taught them about things they could do to avoid such problems if they wished to. Some persons didn't learn as easy as others. "Oh, is that so? What kind of marital problem is troubling you?"

SFA---

Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:46 pm

Edward just smiled softly and said. "It's not exactly a marital problem... not yet anyway, since I am not married, but more of arranged marriages."

He then chuckled and said. "Don't get me wrong, I am not against marrying or anything, but I prefer to have a choice in who to marry... and in most cases, in Makai, there are those who marry for position, prestige and power. Not that I find anything wrong with it... but I just feel that a marriage has to be based on more on just those superficial things, that's all."

Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:08 am
Profile YIM

Elizia smiled as she understood Edward's problem, reflecting that she understood the problem he had very well. Arranged marriages were not that rare in her planet either, but those were usually problems the mortals had to deal with themselves. But many persons asked for their aid when they got involved in an arranged marriage and did not want their partners as husbands or wives. "I see. I'm glad to see that you're more than just a monster that hunts around here, enough to think like that about marriage," the deity started, pushing her hair in front of her face to her back before continuing, "Sure, a marriage that would cover all that would be ideal, but truly it means nothing without that special something. Isn't there anything you can do to avoid that?"

SFA---

Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:24 pm

Edward sighed and then shook his head gently. "I wish I could, milady... but unfortunately, I am blood heir to both my parents' side of the family due to the abilities I possess, so tyhere's no getting out of this one, I am afraid."

He then smiled at her and said. "Though I do have some things to think about after coming here for a while, regarding my marital prospects back home, I think."

Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:14 pm
Profile YIM

((I am sorry for taking so long, my internet died for some days))

"I see. That's really unfortunate to hear, Edward," the goddess replied, not really dismissing that smile of hers but just toning it down a bit. It was like she meant that everything could be okay in the end. After hearing him go on, she tilted her head slightly and smiled a bit wider once more. "Oh? And what would those things be?"

SFA---

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:11 pm

"Well, after meeting with one succubae here, at least that is my teacher's daughter... I think I really have to reconsider my stance over those succubi that I only regarded as friends back home. I want to see if I can make it work with them." He said, grinning at her. "Not to mention that I find there are a few potential mates and consorts amongst the student population here as well."

OOC: It's ok, it happens to all of us once in a while.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:08 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next