View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 6:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Welcome to Vanejin (for Ania) 

Post Re: Welcome to Vanejin (for Ania)
The little scales over Jinat's skin shone dimly over the lights planted on the high ceiling. His blue eyes followed Ania as she took a few steps around, looking for a weapon. She showed them the highest price she was willing to pay and Jinat resisted the urge to shake his head. Rahs would do so too, but when she saw her pointing at the other gun he remembered the times when he was just starting out as a mercenary. For newcomers and unexperienced aliens it proved to be the hardest part of living in Vanejin, specially when they don't have good contacts.

"Ah," Jinat let out, partly sighing. "Certainly. There's one you might like just right here." The black alien moved farther than Ania and was starting to reach out for a gun but froze still when she added the other requirement she preferred. In a second she felt the gazes of both aliens in front of her attacking her. Rahs remained silent and with his arms crossed, but Jinat moved back, resting his thin chin on his needle-like fingers. He was expecting for her to go for something more expensive, considering she had Rahs' help to pay, but he feared that with cheap weapons the syrictae would still want to lower the price, and low incomes were his greatest fear.

"Don't fret, dear Ania. We have non-lethal guns too. In fact..." Jinat moved to his left reaching for a handgun and showed it to her. "This is the SD1100. It fires small rounds that discharge an electric current capable of knocking out the targets, and even numbing or paralyzing the larger ones." The small, dark grey gun he held out looked almost insignificant and puny, but Jinat was not known to lie about the characteristics, but never let on how well they did their job unless it was a good sale. And this was not looking very bright for him.

"Isn't this the better version? I recall someone saying this was an SD, but allowed for two kinds of rounds. Small, high-speed projectile rounds and modified laser shots that were perfect for clean jobs." Rahs walked even farther and pointed to a slightly larger handgun that had a noticeably longer barrel. Longer barrels allowed farther shots and this one gave her more options to take against her foes, while keeping the other pros the smaller SD had.

"That is correct, Rahs. But that model is a couple thousand credits more expensive, and not in the range the lady has placed. I would not be able to lower it that much even with the deal you offer."

"Don't worry about that. Quality goes a long way here, so I'll pay what she can't." In that moment, Jinat's eyes looked more sly than usual and gave a very light smile.
"In that case, dear Ania, I highly recommend you the SD5080 Rahs has over there. A loyal gun, low maintenance, good range, and weak punch when needed, but strong if necessary." Jinat swung the SD1100 around his finger and placed it back where it was.

The mare of your night, there in your darkest hour - Sylvana

SFA---
A cold woman - Sydr Haldar
The blazing huntress - Miria Dyranda

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:53 pm

Ania calmly registered the various reactions of the two, waiting as they were more or less choosing what would suit her best. It was interesting to say the least, an important insight during which she started making estimates of what one could purchase with only this many credits. At the same time it felt slightly degrading, she didn't have much and would have to make do with what Rahs was willing provide. Perhaps she'd keep some of the money she said she was willing to pay on the side, just to make sure she had enough for the other things she required.

When shown the firearm he recommended, saying the majority of its price would be covered by him, she couldn't help but smirk for a moment. Even her tail began to sway from side to side by how pleased she was thus far. "That would be preferable.", she commented on Jinat's appraisal of said item, closing some of the gap between the mercanery and herself. "May I see how it fits?" Without prior consent a tentacle casually reached for the weapon, headed straight for the grip before wrapping itself around the material, the alien slowly adapting her limb to the new surface.

As the tentacle pressed on, it would almost seem like it would melt into itself as Ania had full control over its attributes, grasping the gun firmly, before the tentril grew firmer again. It would be hard to tell if one were not to observe carefully. She was reluctant to touch the mercanery since he was her lifeline around here, wary of his personal space. Meanwhile her eyes took in the rest of the SD5080 and it was unlike anything she'd seen before, but so were many goods found around the store. It certainly appeared to be of higher quality than the older model.

With the same soft smile, she turned to the shop owner. "Is there any way I could .. test it? I wouldn't want to wind up in something without using it properly." All in all, it was light. Lighter than she thought it would be, anyway. Now it was a matter of how well it performed.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:40 pm

"Of course, would you like some living targets?" After receiving the silent gazes from the mercenary and his companion, Jinat let out a small laugh and waved his hand through the air. "That was a joke. Please, follow me."

Rahs shrugged his shoulders as he followed him and gesturing Ania to stay close, catching a glimpse again at how she held the new handgun in her tentacle. On the way to the back of the store, the two of them could see the other kinds of weapons Jinat had available. Some very new, some very old; some very big and some just plain ridiculous. The vast majority seemed to be out of the blue alien's reach in monetary terms.

Jinat eventually led them through big automatic doors and a couple of corridors until they came to stop at an impressively large testing ground with clear walls and various ledges for the more acrobatic kind of aliens. There were also some doors to the sides that led to neighboring similar spaces; the usual type of clients liked to fully test their weapons with freedom of mobility and if they shared a room with another client things would surely go wrong.

"I will be just outside if you need anything. Come see me when you're done." With that, the tall, black alien left Rahs and Ania alone and for a moment silent filled the large room. A quick glance around let the mercenary think that all those ledges would actually help her to try out the gun with that agility she's so proud of. A panel near the door let him configure the targets that Ania would aim and soon enough from the far wall came out through sliding doors a set of thin white plates arranged in a typical armor pattern.

"You do know how to use a handgun, right? Or will you be needing some help?"

SFA---

Mon May 06, 2013 6:41 pm

By the time they passed the ordnance found in the back of the store alone she got the impression that it had been a wise decision to stick with the mercenary. Violence was a thriving market here and where that came from would be a lot more, possibly a lot worse. Confidence in her abilities was one thing, knowing the traders and what exactly this world was going to throw at her was another matter entirely. Ania almost caught herself laying hands on one of the more odd looking weapons before she reminded herself that she better not try in case she damaged anything.

When they got to what appeared to be a wide open space without anything to really practice on, Ania refrained from showing any sign of perplexity. While the automatic doors alone would take some getting used to she never really dealt with any of this technology before. Jinat then concluded their brief journey and the blue alien bowed slightly with a polite "Thank you." before he left. Then they were alone.

Laying her gaze on the mercenary she watched him as he used some sort of device she hadn't seen before. Not knowing what it was she reflexively turned at the sudden noise behind her, the motion of her body nothing but a blur as she witnessed the supposed targets coming out of the far wall, sighing in relief though she'd shown some of the potential agility at least. Soon she might have the chance to genuinely show off. It only took her a moment to be shaken by another surprise though. Looking at the weapon she could tell what some parts were, though she wasn't quite certain about how to use this one specifically. Noting with embarassment she had no idea what 'modified laser shots' were, either.

"Some help would be much appreciated." It hurt her pride a little, but that was an acceptable loss. She then held it out to him seemingly normal compared to how the same tentacle did so before, grasping the weapon at the barrel and holding the grip out to Rahs. "To be completely honest I don't think I've ever had anything except antiques so I could use a quick rundown of its functions and how it works."

Wed May 08, 2013 1:54 pm

"It's quite simple, really." Rahs took the gun and looked at it for a couple of seconds. It was a bit awkward to meet someone that didn't know how to handle a firearm but it was perfectly understandable. He had gone through the same when he left Syrictova, his home where old fashioned weapons were the true essence of a warrior. Guns were frowned upon for it was believed that they made warriors lazy and weak. That might be true for many beings but Rahs started to understand that a true warrior should use all weapons with excellence.

"You must grip it with confidence. Not too tight, nor too loosely. This is the trigger that you need to pull to fire a bullet. If you know how to aim with a bow, using a gun will be a breeze. These iron sights help you to aim. Now it's just a matter of lining the barrel and... fire" The shot went out with a relative small noise and hit the piece of armor that represented the head almost instantly. "Unlike bows, firearms make a lot more recoil and also leave a bloody mess. When you want a cleaner job, you want laser weapons. This gun has both."

The syrictae showed Ania where she had to click to change between the types of shots and also a small gauge where she could control the energy intensity. These luxuries made the SD5080 a larger and heavier gun, but completely compensated those faults. "Laser leaves no blood, the damage is done through raw heat exchange. As such, it can harm normal armor, though there's also protection against it. A weaker laser can forgive a man's life, if you ever need to only incapacitate him temporarily," he added as he handed the gun back to her. "Have a go at it. When you're done, we can buy it and finally leave this place and head to wherever you need to go next."

SFA---

Thu May 09, 2013 10:12 pm

"Thank you, Rahs." With a smile she retrieves the gun from his hand, using all four tentacles of an arm to mold themselves against it as she seeks to emulate the way he held it moments before. The lack of fingers and thumbs wasn't any real drawback and within a split second she held the weapon with ease, a smaller tentacle sprouted from one of its larger brethren to seize control of the trigger. "Who needs hands if you can shape your arms into anything you need?" At the same time the other arm put her helmet back on, completing the outfit in which she arrived on Vanejin, making her voice a little deeper. "I'll make this quick if staying here displeases you."

Aiming at the targets through the sights she stretches the arm holding the gun, which was somewhat amusing to her since she would only need one tentacle to operate it. Of course her mind was on the training, so she tried as best she could before pulling the trigger, the projectile making its way into one of the target's legs which wasn't quite what she wanted to achieve. "Interesting."

Ania eyed the weapon for a moment through the slits in the helmet. Through this one bullet she perceived the sound of not only the discharged shot, but also the near silent click of mechanisms chambering the next. She had felt the recoil, estimating a pattern when she would be taking the next and in the end she corrected a tiny mistake on her part that threw her aim off. Standing more comfortably now she did as instructed, whispering as she reminded herself. ".. grip with confidence .." The next shot hit the target in the chest area, mere inches from where the heart would be, followed by another. And another. That was too easy, even if her shots weren't quite perfect she desired a challenge.

Immediately she started running toward one of the ledges firing another shot half way to get the feel for it though it only hit the edge of an arm, the woman making a dash as she made quite a display of her speed before setting a foot against the wall helping her ascend. Firing another shot which hit the target's heart dead center she didn't stop there, instead lashing out toward the lower side of the ledge with a free arm before flinging herself on top with the momentum she built up until then. Finishing off with a backflip and ending the series of motions in a crouch she fired again, hitting the head though naturally she wasn't as precise as the mercenary. "Gotcha!" Having switched mid-way to laser shots however she couldn't say that she wasn't a little bit proud to show how well she could adapt. Repeating this procedure with the various ledges scattered about, powerful muscles working to give her inhuman speed and strength, she usually ended up in the same pose throughout the exercise.

In a position like this it was blatant how tight the armor truly was, snuggling against Ania like a second skin. It revealed every little detail of her physical appearance even better now that her stance stretched the fabric around her backside a little, the curves of waist and hips apparant before but now one would be able to tell the definite shape of her buttocks as the material bent inward ever so slightly inbetween. "I'd be lieing if I said that wasn't the least bit of fun!", she shouts from the ledge, turning her head toward him. "Although I think I'm good for now I'd like to know what you think! Would you have me practice more or should we get going?"

Fri May 10, 2013 7:49 pm

The female alien wore her helmet and Rahs could see her in her full attire, reassuring him that it would take her little time to finish. Rahs told her it was fine but soon enough she started to fire at the target. The next few shots came quickly, and more precise. The mercenary could tell that Ania was not unexperienced; every shot that she fired afterwards were even more deadly. The she started running and jumping and Rahs could not do anything but be surprised.

She is very agile, I'll give her that. The bright blue eyes of the syrictae followed the quick motions of Ania and glanced quickly at the target as she fired. Precision and grace; it even cost him a bit to admit it, but found himself with a smile behind his mask. It was rare to find someone like her, it felt fresh to see her rather than the usual grunts that moved little and fired standing still. Soon, however, as she kept moving, he started taking notice of something else besides her agility and aim. Her alluring curves hidden by a thin layer of her suit that left so little to his imagination; even her ass was showing and for a moment it really didn't matter how long they stayed.

Rahs let out a laugh as Ania looked back at him; it was funny how confident she got in so little time. "Yes, I guess shooting at immobile targets is a lot of fun. Besides that, I admit you were very good, a natural. You wouldn't have any problems with real targets. You can keep shooting if you want, unless there's somewhere else you want to be or see." With little practice, it was clear to Rahs that Ania would find her away around Vanejin soon enough.

SFA---

Fri May 10, 2013 10:12 pm

The mercanery draws a brief chuckle from the blue alien though it was just as sincere as any. "Perhaps if you ask nicely I'll show you a thing or two." Descending to the ground she quickly made her way back over to Rahs, merely jogging at this point with her tail swinging to either side as it appeared they were done here. In fact she had somewhere else to go, there weren't many things left on the list she had in the back of her mind, but the sooner she had them the sooner she could see about getting settled in. Having no place of her own that might actually come later down the list, she wasn't quite certain about it thus far.

Slowing to a walk a couple of metres before him she eventually comes to a halt, not knowing for sure what came next in the process of acquiring the firearm she'd tested successfully. "There actually are some other things I need." Some of the earlier seriousness returns to her voice though she takes off the helmet once again, revealing a casual expression. "Food for one, which might be the more complicated of the two now that I think about it, and something that I was told should be widely known as 'hydrogen'."

Ania then holds the gun out in front of him, a sole tendril merely wrapped about the barrel now. "I assume you'll have to purchase this, though I have to confess I'm not entirely comfortable with the way you're spending your credits for me .. Not that I'll try to stop you from doing just that." The merchandise was his and although she was going to obtain it later on she remained wary of the customs on this world.

Mon May 13, 2013 12:26 am

The mercenary wondered just what kind of things she would show him, but that was something he kept for himself, turning back his attention to the things that she needed, not before noticing how excited she seemed to be if her tail was any indication.

Food was something not rare in Vanejin, though in an instant Rahs had to map their way to another district in order to get it. Another concern was just how much food she needed; if she needed much, that would slow their pace if she needed more provisions or equipment. The second one she mentioned took him by surprise, however.

"Whatever do you need hydrogen for?" He blurted out but he wasn't sure if it was a comfortable question for Ania, and as such, he decided to continue without paying it much attention. "Well, there's a lot of hydrogen available right next to where I have my ship, which is the closest place I can think of." Not that it was that close, the syrictae knew. "Where will you store all those things?"

Their talk continued as Rahs took the handgun and led Ania out of the large room. "If it bothers you, I'm sure you can find a way to pay me back. Starting out here is easier when someone helps you, however."
"She'll keep it, Jinat. Now, I suspect you won't have any problems if we leave it at half price?" The thin alien took a machine out, square in form and with a bright blue screen on top as he grabbed the gun. He stopped abruptly as if Rahs had just shocked him with his electricty when he heard the mercenary.

"What? You know this weapon is worth at least—"
"Last I heard, you had some roaches in your house that needed extermination. I'll clean them out for free."

With that, Jinat fell in a deep silence, staring at Rahs and then recompose himself with a light cough. "It's not free if I'll fill the rest of the price. But you got yourself a deal, since you know how much I hate them. It's ready now, take it. My sweet Ania, it was bliss just meeting you. Be sure to come by whenever you need a weapon, we'll always have something for you. Take care now."
After Jinat Edu seemed to scan the weapon and Rahs' hand with the screen, the two were on their way to the district where Rahs' hangar was, with its closeness to the food stores proving useful, and leaving Ania confused after the unusual way of the syrictae to strike a deal and trying to guess just what kind of roaches they were referring to.

SFA---

Tue May 14, 2013 12:40 am

Hydrogen in itself didn't have much significance for her people other than its usage in space flight, though when she gauged his reaction she figured that there might be far more sophisticated engines out there. Although she was ready to give an answer he considered where they might get some before she had the chance to speak, it didn't bother her much though. Naturally the next question revealed that she stored any personal belongings in a spacecraft of her own, including an item she might be able to use as a holster later on. "There's not much space to put anything, sure, but it'll be enough for the amounts I'm looking to buy." Though he might be able to tell, she thought it best not mention her lack of accommodations just yet.

What followed next was intriguing to say the least. Another unknown device which seemed perfectly normal in these circumstances was apparantly used on the weapon and the hand of Rahs. She could tell what it might do, connecting the dots in her mind, but the entire concept seemed strangely alien to her.

Despite lowering the price to half of its original value, the notion of roaches seemed to seal the deal regardless. English hadn't been spoken on her planet before foreign species arrived, so she couldn't tell what exactly roaches were though she figured they might be some sort of vermin. Some type of bug or worm, most likely. Whatever they were, they found their way into Jinat's home and for whatever reason cleaning them out was worth thousands of credits to him. Once she said her goodbyes to the slender creature, she couldn't help but wonder why.

"Hey Rahs .. What are roaches?" Ania prefered to bring it up since it might give her more of an insight of what they were talking about, there was much to learn and lacking the understanding of what had just occured would pester the blue skinned female for a while.

"I mean, I haven't seen any ravenous beasts since I arrived here that seem like they needed to be taken down. In fact I've seen nothing remotely threatening about this place except some of the shadier characters perhaps .. I doubt any sort of animal or insect would make its way this far into such an enormous metropolis, not to mention one's house." In fact there didn't seem to be much of a wilderness at all seeing how far the city stretched when looked at from orbit, but maybe she was looking at it the wrong way and roaches weren't actually what they were talking about.

"I'm just curious because Jinat didn't seem to like them much and went down with the price solely because you brought them up."

Thu May 16, 2013 9:39 pm

The pair were already on their way through the now less trafficked streets of Vanejin's districts when Ania shot the mercenary with questions regarding her confusion with roaches, beasts, vermin and insects. Rahs stopped suddenly in the middle of a corner they were turning, looked back at her and let out a small chuckle. "I guess I have kept you in the safer sides of Vanejin until now. Vanejin VI is the garbage dumpster of the galaxy, and everyone wants each other's garbage. Don't worry, if you'll be the thief you said you wanna become, you'll get face to face with the more dangerous beings around here sooner than later.

"You know how you call someone who swims very well a fish in the water? Roaches are small insects, vermin, that find their way into everyplace, spreading diseases, leaving their excrements all over the place, infesting places with their offspring and just generally being a pain in the ass. I was referring to people who are like roaches to Jinat. He wants them gone."
Rahs gestured his companion to keep following him as he resumed their walk between large buildings, crowded squares and heading towards another moving platform to get them to the hangars district. "I did mention I'm a mercenary, right? I do any kind of job, for the right price. Killing them... or just teaching them a lesson is a very easy job to me. But for Jinat is important to get rid of them, so much that he could spare thousands of credits so I would do it. And that's how you make good business, Ania. If you're good at something, never do it for free."

The amber glass surrounded them once more when they got inside the platform and the humming of the machine increased loudly for a moment before quieting to an almost comfortable level. Rahs posed against the rail as the two once again admired a fake beauty of the city and not so far away was the place where probably Ania had arrived to when she came to Vanejin VI; both of them returning for a while to their starting spots. Suddenly, Rahs spoke up. "If you could become my sidekick, I could teach you all there is to know and even give you your share of my payments. Or if you really have a path you want to follow alone, you'll soon learn all by yourself just like I did some time ago... But know that you can call me if you ever need help with something." Rahs moved his hand at the beginning as if emphasizing his point as he looked at the beautiful female alien, admiring her face while she still kept her helmet at her tentacles and that toned, curvy body hidden by a thin suit. "I could even give you a discount," he added jokingly.

He later spoke again after Ania answered. "Tell me true now. Do you have a place to stay? Because when I came here as lost and new as you, I didn't. Though, perhaps you are not that lost after all. Anyway, you can stay with me for the time being, or as long as you need it... for free." The last part was just a tease as he chuckled. "I did promise you a small sparring, right? I have a place in the city but perhaps my ship could do, it's big enough for both of us and I have some dummy weapons there too. One is supposedly a relic that never breaks from a past mission, you could use that if you want," Rahs added.

SFA---

Fri May 17, 2013 10:37 am

That was the way of things, she thought, trying not to let it get to her head. Comparing people to vermin might've been more of a regular occurence here and if mercenary work involved removing them by any means necessary then she'd not hold it against him. Like he killed for money she was used to hunt for survival and kill for far less than a promising salary. She nodded, wary of the unknown threats although she trusted her abilities perhaps with a little too much confidence that came dangerously close to pride and arrogance. "I'll keep that in mind."

Ania looked at him then as they stepped on another one of the moving platforms. Rahs might be helping her out, but questioning his good intentions might not be the wrongest thing that came across her mind. For a moment she grinned as he talked about giving her a discount, her gaze trailing off to the side of the platform as she takes in the city below. "Very funny, but I think I can handle myself."

She pauses. The money, she wanted. The experience, she needed. "Although .. that's a rather generous offer. I could use some more guidance until I set out to do my own thing. I've got plans of course though as you know they will undoubtedly get me in trouble." Thievery in a place like this could prove challenging while starting out on a whim was flat out dangerous. "I don't plan on getting caught, but .. you know. The more I know the better and I like the idea of getting paid while learning."

However, once he asked where she'd stay only a sigh slipped past her lips, the woman leaned over the railing as her tail curled nervously about one of her smooth legs where the scales of her feet began. Bending over like that she never catches what he's looking at, several tentacles coiling about the metal bars. "Thanks, I'd like to stay for a while." The offer alone was enough to get her to talk a little. "To tell you the truth, I've spent several weeks living in a ship the size of a small room without ever stopping on any of the planets I passed by, heading through space in the same direction from the start not knowing where I would end up. I didn't really care much, either. Only reason I landed here was because I was running low on .. well, everything. An actual bed to sleep in sounds like the best thing I've had happen to me in a long time."

Naturally that meant she was on her own the entire time, though he wouldn't know what kept her awake at night. At last there was their sparring. It certainly brightened her mood a little as she got off the railing, stretching her legs somewhat while waiting to arrive at the hangars. "The choice is yours. Either sounds fine to me though if you were serious about letting me stay at your place we might as well do it there in case you end up tiring yourself out too much." Ania then chuckles to herself, hardly able to stifle her laughter.

Rahs might've claimed to be a mercenary, but she hadn't seen much of the mask wearing individual in action yet as he stood there casually conversing with a coat covering the majority of his body. Not the ideal makeup, she thought. Chances were she could beat him fair and square unless there were other characteristics he didn't let her in on just like she didn't show him everything she could do. "I'll have to pick up some of my belongings once we're done shopping as well."

Sat May 18, 2013 3:54 am

"Hey, if it doesn't get you in trouble, chances are it's not worth it." He answered simply as he remained silent to hear her out. Much to his fortune, Ania was giving the mercenary another of her accidental teases as she leaned out the rail. His eyes went from head to toe and lingered at her shapely round ass and long, toned legs. She started to speak more directly at him and that's when his eyes turned back to her face, though she was still taking in the view.

"I'll stay for a few days. Probably enough time for you to find a place of your own or to decide if you're taking the offer. Which you should consider if it interests you. You still have time to think about it." Ania's small explanation of her trip so far actually reminded him even more of his first days. Space is so vast, and with no clear goal in mind, where are you planning to go? "An actual bed... Well, this is your lucky planet. There's an abundance of everything here," Rahs replied. Too much of everything, in fact.

The female alien's next comment however made him look more menacing for a moment at her, but also surprised. He didn't saw that one coming and it certainly amused him. "Aren't you full of yourself? We'll see who tires out first," he laughed. Rahs hadn't seen everything Ania could do, but he at least had seen her agility. It could prove to be worrisome, but he too had tricks up his sleeve. "Very well. We can stop by your ship after the hydrogen and back to the city then."

The next part of the walk was relatively calmer. No interesting characters like Jinat nor many angry aliens near the hangars arguing about which ship was better. In that district, sunlight was hard to come by as everything was roofed, most things were kept in warehouses and the layout only made it look more like a giant labyrinth rather than a hangar bay. The outer section, where the actual ships were in port, was completely open, however, and offered an even more pretty sight with the sea expanding not so far into the horizon. No one wanted to be on the water, you needed very good reasons to be there or else you could find yourself at the bottom, and sinking dead was the smallest of mercies.

The mercenary and the wannabe thief at last reached a shop facing the street, and behind the counter a beautiful orange-skinned female alien that greeted them with a smile. There, Ania could finally buy the hydrogen she needed and lead Rahs, for a change, to her ship to take her belongings.

SFA---

Wed May 22, 2013 11:27 pm

The lack of sunlight in this portion of the city was more of a relief to Ania, she was used to higher levels of humidity and the less warmth no matter how brief actually felt rather pleasant. Naturally the sea she discovered here was inviting, too, but Vanejin held too many secrets to allow for a quick swim. Upon that realisation she followed Rahs silently until they reached the store that sold what she was looking for, noting with delight that a female stood behind the counter and a rather appealing specimen at that.

Briefly introducing herself, his blue skinned companion ordered and paid for the required hydrogen, although she insisted that she'd be taking it to her ship personally. Shortly after she was given a metallic container which, while the clerk warned it might be heavy, she easily lifted off the ground. While she didn't waste much time in buying the amount she spent coming to Vanejin, recalling from the displays in her ship how much was used and ordering the same amount for an acceptable price as she looked at Rahs for guidance, she did waste some time flirting with the orange beauty. While it might've been to merely entice the two to return if they needed more hydrogen the trader played along and it all seemed to go well until Ania slipped in her speech, trying to compliment on the other's appearance although the subtle language barrier forced her to stutter a little. Fortunately the object of desire played it off with a smile before Ania said her goodbyes, regaining some composure when she remembered that Rahs was still there.

"What? Getting to know the populace is important. I'm just making some friends.", she explained as she walked past him, urging him to tag along. There was a grin on her face though, knowing fully well that she had been told by the orange-skinned female she'd be working here at roughly the same time, all week. Damn, she would've loved to get a hold of that one straight away.

Their journey was brief although they descended an entire level of the hangar bay taking some strange turns as though even Ania wasn't certain where they were headed until the bulk of her ship came into view. "It isn't much, but I'm not complaining. After all it takes me places which is good enough for me." She gestured in the general direction as they came closer, the craft almost tiny in comparison to others around them. Black in color the ship barely stood out if it wasn't for its size, the jagged exterior anything but smooth although upon closer inspection it was made of the same material as the alien's suit. That they were both manufactured by the same people without sharing the same finesse in their design seemed unlikely, but the ship wasn't exactly designed to be pretty.

"We won't fit inside at the same time so I suggest you wait outside for a moment unless you plan on getting .. well, literally stuck with me.", Ania said jokingly before walking up to a small control panel at the side, brushing over its display with a tentacle as it turned out to be a biological scanner prompting an opening to appear and allowing the interior to be accessed.

If he peeked it wouldn't reveal anything extraordinary, a wide and spacious armchair took up most of the available room. It was positioned in front of various instruments, controls and the like, most of which would no doubt be familiar to him. Behind said armchair wasn't more than a foot of space before coming to a shelf storing boxes of various sizes, most of which were empty, followed by the hull. Storing the hydrogen in a less occupied corner for now she reached into one of the boxes only to obtain a vial filled with clear liquid which she hastily returned before retrieving an empty one. In addition to that she picked up the holster she had mentioned earlier, fastening it slightly below her waist before tucking the vial and firearm in the various openings. It fit almost perfectly.

"Now this .." The alien declared, reaching out to the top of the shelf before retrieving an item that had similarities with a salt shaker, something clattering about inside it as she attached it to the holster as well. ".. is the last thing I needed. Whenever you're ready we can head out."

Thu May 23, 2013 1:32 am

"Yeah, surely." I can make friends like that too. Rahs shrugged, a smile behind his mask as he followed Ania to her ship. With the slave they met earlier that day and the way he saw her flirting with the alien back there, the mercenary was able to put up a better picture of how Ania really was. And he liked it.

When they reached her ship, Rahs thought it was even smaller than he had imagined. He probably couldn't have lived there like Ania did, he would've gone mad with the close space. She made a joke about not getting in with her unless he wanted to get stuck, but truth be told, Rahs thought that he could get stuck in there even without her already inside. "Well, if it takes you, then it's good. And don't worry, I don't plan on getting stuck there, we probably wouldn't be able to come out." When she headed inside, he took the time to inspect what little he could see from the inside as well as the outside. It was a queer-looking ship, small, and apparently made with the same material as her suit. It was weird and almost confusing, practically a miracle for him that it flew.

"Great. Then we can head to my place." Rahs gestured her to follow him, making his best effort to avoid asking about that last important artifact she needed. He thought it was not necessary to ask, nor his place to do so. They took eventually another of the floating platforms after walking through the roofed streets, almost back to the place where they met. The traffic and number of aliens there was as great as ever, but the mercenary tried to take them through the faster streets filled with people going who knew where. The pair went inside a larger building with round corners and a soft, calming white light welcomed them. The aliens inside seemed to be focused in their own business or going in and out to relax in their favorite spots. When they reached an elevator, Rahs let her go in first, trying to steal a few glances at her alluring body as he had tried all the way from the hangar.

The elevator let out a soft ping as it kept moving downwards, avoiding a large number of floors. "Are you tired, Ania? Trips like yours can be exhausting. Or are you hungry, or eager for a 'dance'? What do you want to do first?" After a good while, the elevator came to a stop, produced another soft ping and opened the doors to a large corridor with white walls, yellow lights and a seemingly endless purple carpet.

SFA---

Wed May 29, 2013 12:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next