View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 10:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 A not so graceful landing(Aegir 2) 

Post Re: A not so graceful landing(Aegir 2)
He sensed a bit of understanding in Aegir's mind, maybe even a snippet of humor as well, perhaps he too loved the sensation of helplessness overwash their prey as they knew the inevitable, but to trick them into thinking they had won first, utterly delightful.

Hmm, i control the hydrogen in plant life better than in human life, so these sentient plants would do well to know their place, a meetin with me could be hazardous to their health. Machines seem to pose a challenge, I may be able to worm my way in and short them out, but that may be my only killing option..

As he formed the tunnel he got the feeling of it being unnecessary, as Come to think of it, Aegir looked like a sea creature. As they walked through the tunnel the echoes of Aegir's mind became much clearer, and louder, so much of his power so close was amplifying the link between him and the other's brain.

The administration must be very capable, humans are stubborn. As long as these procedures don't take the fight out of them, it sounds like the perfect system to me. Oh yes, at most there is some heat damage maybe some peeled acrylic. And i travel as pure vapor when I want speed. I am in isible with my eyes closed, which I do not need with a humid environment. I will have to attend to the paperwork, and interactions myself, Tullius is rather dull. But a gifted mechanic.

Hmm, hunting, I do so enjoy stalking my prey, and the environment has a lot to do with my technique. But say, outside, I would creAte fog, low, on the ground, but cold. And I would peer from here and there at my victim, only for the briefest flash, until they ran, I would send whispers through the fog from all around and appear as a full shadow in front of them, trying to drive them to a body of water, but if there are storm clouds, I can control their direction, and the risk of lightning is a thrill.

They turned the final corner and there sat the Infinity. Just as he predicted, but the heat damage also meant some fused metal plating, and one escape pod was blackened, but still, it looked at home here, in this underwater grotto.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 14.22 KiB | Viewed 879304 times ]

Vitalius
Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:33 am

They continued, the walls of water at their sides and he could see fish swimming in the lake nearest the edges of the tunnel but avoiding contact with the edges as if some force had kept them away or perhaps they encounted more resistance there and instead went in the path of least resistance.

You would have other options with machines. Shorting them out would be the most obvious but if that is not possible you could use the water like a telekinetic lash to destroy them. I find that the machines I have encountered are quite fragile though my telekinetic powers have been well developed over the years as testiment to the fact that I am mostly year at the forests if not in my grotto at rest or visiting a student in the dorms.

Plants I would assume would be little trouble for you. While I may not be capable of using my telepathic abilies on them yet my telekinetic ones are often more than enough and most plants are susceptible to fire in a worse case scenario that is but another weapon at my disposal since I do not burn so well.

It had been some time since he experienced an electrical attack and shuddered a little as he cast his gaze over head instinctively. But he had not had to consider it long for he saw the ship. There was some damage to it, mostly to the bottom from what he could tell and that escape pod but if he possessed a capable enough mechanic as he said he should have it fixed up in no time.

He had little doubt that the other would get the right paper work pushed through though he did not think he needed it. He did not own a ship himself having an alternate means of travel he used on occasion when he wanted to see the stars. A series of short cuts that his kind had learned of long ago through the bending of time and space. It was not instanteneaous travel and took time but rather than walking in a straight line so to speak he had learned to curve it.

I assume you would want to set up hunting grounds near your ship. What are your thoughts on slaves?

They had reached the ship then and he looked over the damage more closely, though he would have a better assement of the damage once inside.

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:11 am

The fish knew better than to come too close to the wall of water. It was moving at speeds enough to cut them to shreds if they touched it.

Hmm, I did not think of that, I don't usually use water so precisely outside the body. I have another idea too, I could use the same technique I am using on the water now, it is moving very fast, perhaps if they are fragile enough, i could surround myself with a vortex of it, I do ranged detection, but not combat, though I could adapt I'm sure. You have a grotto as well? I am still very sure of those plants being easy prey, I would rip them apart from the inside out. I don't burn, but forced vaporization is unpleasant.

He fel the other's discomfort at the thought of lighning, and he shared the sentiment. He felt a surge of pride as Aegir looked over his ship, the damage really was minimal, nothing big. He thought about what Aegir said about the administration here. If he was wary, then Vitalius should be as well, he would get the paperwork.How do you get around? I see you really don't move all that fast, and yet you have been to the arena, I would like to know how.

Hmmm, I could keep a slave for a while, but she would have to be very spirited, I encourage escape attempts, of course Tullius knows better, but he actually enjoys being on the ship, he never had much freedom as a pirate. Other than the girls, i don't know if I need a slave, unless there are other life forms to suit my desires.

The gangplank lowered from the belly of the ship, which was only ten feet off the ground. It squeaked loudly, as he always left through mist form, and Tullius rarely left. They ascended together, and came up to the bridge, Tullius was there, with a load of metal plates and an arc welder. He nodded at the two of us and continued past.

Vitalius

Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:53 pm

It was unusual, very unusal that the thing could even pick up on a trace of his emotions for the mental strength of his spedcies alone was exauisites. Still, he had not thought that the other could influence his mind though just incase he threw up a mental barrier as a means of defense against mental attacks. It was automatic, done without thought though he was sure that he did not need it as he was caught up in simple observations at the moment as he looked over the ship.

Yes, I have one at the beach that I use pretty much just to rest away from the students very rarely though students find the place and willing become victims more or less. Well, willingly is a bit of an understatement for those that have visited me there.

There are some that do seek me out though with my slow movements I often implant suggestions into students that might make them more vulnerable as they go to certain areas I dictate. It is much easier than having to chase them down.

Plant creatures I have found are frailer in nature and I don't suspect you would have much trouble in regard to them or much against machines that aren't spevifically tailored to deal with you though I doubt that you will have to worry about that much.

His mouth tendrils whipped around almost unconsciously.

I have not really had an officall match their though I did briefly train a gladiatrix there so that she would be a better challenge. I grow bored of the constant success on the island due to the inhibitors and wanted to do something new not caring that it would amount in failure or not, it was more the matter of keeping busy.

He considered the aspect of how the other considered slavery and the nature of his own slave. Clearly he delighted in tormenting his prey with that knowledge of alse freedom only to shatter their hopes.

Aegir considered for a moment he himself did not always torment and there were a few girls he was ammicable with. Generally it took a little effort on his part and some manipulation to get them to that state. He had figured that the other had plans to dwell nearby not that Aegir cared.

If you are to stay here I do not mind though I do have a few conditions if you do. That tree we were at briefly is mine as well as a path to it from the beach and twenty yards about it in all directions in case prey runs … twenty yards is quite efficient and more than enough time to prevent them from escaping …

Furthermore there are three students, well more, that I'm molding as slaves but only three that you will have to worry about that you will not attack if they are coming here to see me. If you visit them at their dorms or catch up with them elsewhere I will not stop you but at the same time I do not wish to have them influenced in coming here. I have few that would seek me ouut here and those that do can easily be directed to the grotto though there are a few where such a delay would be rather unpleasant to wait if I call upon them and getting from here to the grotto is rather inconvient.

Character Listing

Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:19 pm

He realized that his connection had been cut off, no matter, now that they were out of the tunnel, it had become even weaker and had been decaying by the second. He watched him looking over the Infinity.

Brace yourself.

He let out a low pitched whistle and the ship's lights came to life, instantly changing the scenery around them. He walked with Aegir down a long white corridor, towards the theater as he liked to call it, for it had been a large open space full of junk until he claimed the ship.

Gladiatrixes? Ah, so they don't just take students from the school, some are trained? And how about alien life forms, female alien life forms of course

He listened to Aegir's conditions and sighed.

Yes, I have no real problem with that, I was never directly angry with you, just Tullius. I am rather pleased with this cavern, in honesty, a student could find it easily, and I hope someone does, if I am here I will make sure they make it, if not, Tullius will notify me, as Always keep some hydrogen in him. Which three are you speaking of, so I may know when they come around to leave them be.

They reached the theater, it now had around 30 feet of water in it, and a diamond walkway near the edges.on the far side was a bedroom set, courtesy of the last captain, it included 2 chairs, a bed, and a floating lantern.

Vitalius

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:45 pm

Some are trained to varying degrees a lot are not though but you will find a mix of students, former ADD members and female aliens of all types. Some slaves, some fighting for the sheer thrill of it. Most are slaves or students but not all. They have sought to keep the competion variable for most creaturs but my command of the mind is such that unless I am faced with a computerized intellect I would have no problem and even so my telekinesis is great enough to batter away at it.

Hence the whole interest in using avatars to keep things interesting since I am not interested in winning all the time. Hence the stars offer a greater challenges and a brake when I grow too bored from the mundane or want someone to figtht back more effectively than here.

But I still have my favorites amd my projects that continual draws me back here.[/i]

He considered the lake for a moment, how he had deceived Komiko in thinking that there was an aphrodisiac qualitity to it and he tapped into the node he had implanted in her to keep appraised of what she was doing just then considering visiting her later on that night now that he was thinking of her.

He inspected the ship as they went. The students in question weren't off limits of course just in the fact that he didn't want them to be trouble if trying to get to him. His list of favorites, his top ten were always fluid but right now the top three were pretty static.

Number one and two were painfully close and only been decided because number one had nothing but him to latch onto. Aegir liked the attention …

Number one, first year Alynia Evans. Two, sophmore Ryu Tanaka and third Nell Napton. The first two would bounce back from an attack rather well he thought, the third, well he was aware of Nell's delicate state. She was broken and it had interested to see if he could do something different with her and restore her hopes just a little for shattering them would have been all too easy. Those were his top three, Pia and Komiko filled out the other slots there in his top five and there had been a lot of fluxuation in his other victims that made the list … Anne Vikky, Juniper … oddly Asao was an interesting change to that he loved to torment.

I can imprint their images on your consciousness should you need them. I don't think any of the three would appeal to your tastes too much … Nell probably wouldn't give you much of a thrill, she has been worn down, Ryu may entice you at first at least ... He recalled his first time with her, not far from her infact near his favorite tree in fact. Maybe he would visit her two later or in exclusion of Komiko, he wasz emitting a musky scent now as he dwelled on the two in not so innocent ways.

Alynia may thrill you the most in offering you the greastest resistant of the three.

Character Listing

Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:35 pm

Mmm, i bet the aliens would present the best challenge possible. Hmm but those who fight for sheer pleasure also sound spirited. And spirited sounds fun. Mechanized opponents would offer a real challenge maybe. I know you are very capable, the avatar thing sounds very fun, maybe one day I can try it for myself. I am sure eventually I will have some favorites of my own, but I doubt that I will be their favorites.

So you have no objections to my use of this lake do you? I have no objections to you, but I would like to know if you choose to, i will be honing my abilities on the surface. And these students, they aren't just yours are they? I would not interfere if you were stalking, but if you aren't around...hmm, Alynia, Ryu, and Nell. I could easily tell who they are with a little mist manipulation. Do you just have any more special girls?

He could smell the new scent in the air, and could imagine what was going through Aegir's mind. He was thinking of yet another agreement the two could come to sometime. They had many things to teach each other. And Vitalius had never had intelligent contact.

Is there any way I could make you more at home?

Vitalius

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:08 pm

Mechanical opponents willl not be anything that you need to worry about and it is true that the better fights come from those that aren't students. Many of the student competitors are already broken after all and that would be a hollow victory. Besides, yoy are on Shokushu now and you can hunt a student whenever you like.

He chuckled with what the other reealed about favorites. Yes I am sure they will look at it that way too though they have no choice in the matter.

I would preferr that you leave Nell alone, she is rather fragile at the moment but the purpose of this place is hunting victims. These girls are not exlusive to me alone no I have long trerm plans for them but if you choose to hunt them on your own then there is not a thing I can really do about it anyway. There is no hoarding here at least and I have several special girls and projects, usually ten that fluctuate but ten is my number as a rule of thumb, never more though I never really pay attention too much save for the top five. Komiko and Pia fall into those slots, Komiko is quiet submissive to me and I have always been interestd in Pia's mind and interesting magical abilities.

I have no objections with you using the like, I rarely use it and the last time I really made any use of it was with Komiko. There have been a few people I tormented there though not many.

You will find that I need not stalk the top five at least, well thet top four at least. The fifth will not come to me of her own volition most times though she will not run from me either if I show up. She has a thirst for knowledge and knows that I can supply her craving. It is convient for me to have my favorites come to me rather than running from me chasing after them is so tedious at times especially with my speed.

I am quite comfortable thank you. How long do you intend on stayin here for?

Character Listing

Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:52 pm

Excellent, even if they are easy, I don't fancy an electrical discharge, so the scarcer they are the better. Even without the inhibitors, i am sure humans are no trouble at all, magic could be troubling, electricity, or ice maybe.

He chuckled at his own cleverness, looking around the large expanse of space around them.

This Nell does not sound like interesting prey, someone broken does not appeal. Of course, but as we seem to have become... Acquainted, I might as well try and do what I can to keep us both happy. There probably aren't enough girls on the island to hoard anyways. Ten, ten is a good number, I don't know how my list would go.. As long as their spirits don't dampen, I will visit. That's good, I like this lake, it is nice, and this cave is convenient. They come of their own will? Astounding, how do you manage that? I understand, you are quite slow without a telekinetic push. I just arrived, and I hope my leaving will not happen for a long time, i may visit the arena, I do enjoy a challenge.

Vitalius

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:08 am

Excellent, even if they are easy, I don't fancy an electrical discharge, so the scarcer they are the better. Even without the inhibitors, i am sure humans are no trouble at all, magic could be troubling, electricity, or ice maybe.

He chuckled at his own cleverness, looking around the large expanse of space around them.

This Nell does not sound like interesting prey, someone broken does not appeal. Of course, but as we seem to have become... Acquainted, I might as well try and do what I can to keep us both happy. There probably aren't enough girls on the island to hoard anyways.

Ten, ten is a good number, I don't know how my list would go.. As long as their spirits don't dampen, I will visit. That's good, I like this lake, it is nice, and this cave is convenient. They come of their own will? Astounding, how do you manage that? I understand, you are quite slow without a telekinetic push. I just arrived, and I hope my leaving will not happen for a long time, i may visit the arena, I do enjoy a challenge.

Vitalius

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:09 am

Nell had been intriguing to Aegir of course. He had gotten so many ideas from her mind but he assumed to spare her a little, especially since Vitullus probably wouldn't have enoughed the thrill of the hunt as much.

He nodded at that.There are a few that I have know long enough or experimented with long enough that they come to me, I am not always cruel to them and amongst the other denziens on the island I do not come across as too bad. The best of a bad choice so to speak.

The time to hoard the girls is not now but if they ever appear on the slave markets though that is a four year investiment so to speak, to see if I am happy enough with a girl to acquire her in greater fashion is all made possible over this lrial period. Try it before you buy it so to speak.

Aegir considered, The top ten matters little, it is the top five I spend most of my time with.

To get them to come is a simple matter of tranforming hunting tactics at least with a few. If they come or at least don;t run as you approach it's all the better for me to get a hold of them again.

The arena has greater challenges though unforunate to me I do not compete there. I suppose in attention to using avatars I could go with teleaphic powers though even telekinetic ones alone are too powerful for most to content with.
[.i] He sighed a little as he came to terms with that.

I did not know how long term your plans are. I assumed that you would be here for a good while at least seeing that the paper work getting pushed through can be rather tedious and long so to make it worthwhile you would have to be here for a while and couldn't say drop in on a whim to hunt a girl or two beause you so happened to be in the area. Not unless you are authorized in doing so that is.

Character Listing

Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:02 pm

Mmm I see, well with you around I doubt I will be able to take that spot away, being the best in a bad situation doesn't sound like what I do at all, perhaps I will be softer in time. Hmm, I understand now, the island is training for later, but what would you donwith a slave, where would you keep her, and how? Ten is a lot to keep track of, 3 sounds very managable, and 5 probably would not be too bad either. I see the perks of having them come, but I would like it if they ran, even more if they fought.

My aquatic form would baffle any and all melee combatants, only a witch, or maybe a specificaly tailored mechanized intelligence could present me a challenge, though those melee contestants are probably cocky, and their feelings as I rise again and again would be oh so delectable. You should be proud Aegir, you ate too good to fight in their arena, too powerful, they should reward you for that somehow.

This is a practical paradise, why would I ever want to leave, save for a trip to the arena sometimes. I am sure you have picked up on my fixation of having my prey fight, it is simply because they never have before. What is it you like your prey to do?

Vitalius

Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:44 pm

My mind is multifacetted in that I can easily do several things at once, a portion of it might control a few limbs another might be scanning for nearby surface thoughts and another still projecting a telepathic attack. So ten isn't too much for me to track.

I can even reproduce in a sense and generrate nodes that I can hone in on like tracking devices. I like to implant them from time to time and can project my powers through them like they were radio towers I am using to enhance signals seeing and hearing through the node or tapping directly into the implanted student.

Some of the students have these devices in them so I can monitor them better others do not as I have gone through all my available nodes and would have to grow new ones.

Prey fighting back is appealing to me but as old as I am and unchallenging the inhibitors make things I prefer manipulation and bargains better now, more of a challenge.

I do have a place reserved for my slaves as I once was considered a deity by the Norse on Earth where I derive my name from. They are the most recent but other worlds have venerated me. I also know of worlds that are isolated to so there are several places I could bring them and since I would implant them all with nodes I could simple sense where they are if they attempt to escape or use my powers to draw them back so I wouldn't even have to isolate them.

What I would do with them varies but it would be likely to fall into their crafts in some way to honor me, should it be sculpting statues of me or immortalizing me in compositions or books, I appreciate the attention. Of course I still have a three year wait for the oldest of the five to graduate and there is no guareentee I will get them all or any of them … the ADD saves some of the students from slavery, other aliens by them and what not but at least being implanted with nodes I will be able to find them and beings grow board with their toys after a time. I am very patient and could wait to fill out my collection.

I would be rewarded if I fought in the arena, my choice of an opponent that I know I will have my way with but auto success bores me without some threat of failure. And some competitors can beat monsters too, just none that would present a significant challenge to me I think.

I recently crafter a construct, an illusion with impressive telekinetic abilities in that he can pick up things for instance. I can destroy it with but a thought if it were not so amusing, an experiment that I have conducted that has taken on a life of it's own.

He likes a challenge and like you he likes a fight though from what I've seen he takes on those that have changes of beating him. He's only ever faced one student with good fighting skills but was too cocky.

He chuckled at that recounting the fight that he had later watched.

Gersham was beaten that day though he later avenged the loss. He also lost to a rather competent former ADD agent though due to your compensition she probably would only be a challenge to you if you were a solid.

He's had his fair share of close calls though …

Shokushu is a rather pleasant place even if prey here is as unchallenging to acquire than elsewhere.

Though I do enjoy it when I am the center most thought of a student. Where she comes to me and submits. I enjoy obience almost as much as I adore being idolize though with the later sometimes I let a victim barter for an exchange. They are not always so lucky and not all of them are cautious enough to make good deals, such as asking for immediate respite when there is aalways the next night for insnce though I often follow the spirit of agreements and not the letter of them not unless I really want something.

Character Listing

Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:26 pm

Ahh, so that is how you think so quickly. I had wondered, that is marvelous. Hmm, reproduction of a sort. That is very interesting, and efficient as well. Almost like when I leave some hydrogen under my control in someone's body. I can actively talk to and scan the mind of those I so choose to implant. A deity? My my, you are famous Aegir. You have complete control, and they know it, it must be very nice.

I am not so concerned with my image, or my memory, I don't know if I can be killed, so immortalizing myself is not important in the least. I only grow bored when they stop fighting. I am sure you would be well rewarded well. And I doubt you would lose at all, or often that is. Hmm you created something, and it has become intelligent. That is quite a feat. I could probably create something, but sentient life is hard.

Like me eh? He lost, so he is not too much like me at all is he? Hmm, I don't believe you have told me of the ADD, what are they? I have had a close call once, and that was less than an hour ago with you. I am sure my stay will be very pleasant. Even with the inhibitors in place, i believe it will be fun. I would appreciate being the fixation of a student. I think students could be a temporary distraction, but a young spirited slave would be most appealing.

Vitalius

Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:55 pm

I often remove the nodes before they mature and “gestation” takes about ten years anyway. It just allows me to keep tabs on them. I like the feelings of control, that knowing I'm the center of their attention, positive is good though negative just as well at times as often I am cast into a negative light but fear often gives you bettter tribut than love. Most times there is no difference really but it has been some time since a primitive culture took me for one of their Pantheon. My ability to shape change in the minds of the perceiver makes such deceptions easy until I bore with them and abandon them in lieu of something else.

I spent much time on Earth it is a favorite of mine but the others have banned me from it so here is the only slice of heaven I have left so to speak.

I live a long, long time but it is nice to be appreciated especially since the old haunting grounds are bared to me and most days are spent in solitude wthout the company of the others not that I admired them before hand.

Since I sense minds and am in contact with them I tend to avoid fear and pain as I sense those as well unless I retract my mental influence from them completely and that is akin to loosing an arm, utterly distasterul though at times that emotion going from fear or dread to intense pleasure is rip to consume like a fruit in full bloom.

Gersham is a handful and requires a lot of mental energy to sustain where I know I could not create another “life form” without extinquishing his first. He is an experiment and I am still learning with him and the process in creating him … essentially he is a thought that is not truly alive and yet cannot truly die not unless I do or stop ceasing my thoughts to maintain him so I never have to worry about him turning on me, not directly at least.

Perhaps I mispoke … he is like you in his desires his likes. He enjoys the thrill of the chase, in terrifying his victims before he strikes out at them. In that way he is like you mentally, not physically. I intentionally made him weak to avoid a worse case scenrio like someone in the labs attempting to duplicate him in some fashion so he's as unappealin as possible. I gave him a few quirks but nothing remarkable.

The Alien Defense Directorite of ADD monitors this region of space. When a girl graduates and leaves the planet they thwart slavers or try to at least and deal with pirates and stuff of that matter. If they save a ship they recruit the girls to their ranks, if not then the slavers get her and it's off to the markets.

Basically think of them as party poopers though they have been barred from coming to this world by the powers that be.

Character Listing

Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next