View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 7:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 A not so graceful landing(Aegir 2) 

Post Re: A not so graceful landing(Aegir 2)
Aegir hadn't placed any real stock in that telekinetic push doing anything save for buying him a few seconds as he descened to the ground. Solids of course were far easier to deal with though Aegir was not complaining about that.

But is it worth the risk if you are not faster? And. If by some chance you are faster than they anticipated it won't be long before they correct that error.

He felt his mind fade for a second like a dropped phone call but immediately pick back up as the other appeared. Just as well, the liquid in his body was becoming uncomfortable so he would have to end this quick so he grabbed a chunk of the earth between them and flung it upward in a burst though that was a little smoke screen, it was not meant to be effective as an attack, not an attack at all for Aegir used that moment when they couldn't see one another to full efffect.

He did not need his eyes to see, he tried something first though that would make him aware of how effective his next attack was going to be. He had to be a bit hasty with this one so far but he though everything had been in order as he reached out and altered the perceptions of the other, in effect dulling those senses so he could not see nor hear him. He did not know how well the creature perceived scents though and would have dulled that too if he weren't so focused on the basics and the next step of his plan wanting to see how effective, if effective at all that this was first before proceeding on.

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:25 pm

I have never been one to be beaten, or to go through the proper channels.

He continued to thicken the creature's blood, but it was too slow. This creature had plenty of time to attack him and he dis not like it, It had not quite reached the desert, but it really wasn't far off. The chunk of earth could land anywhere.. But the smokescreen was effective. He commanded and the hydrogen answered, thick fog rolling in and obscuring all vision, far surpassing the small gout of dirt from that bit of rock. Suddenly things went black, and quiet, for a moment he wondered if he had been killed somehow, but no, he could still feel the other creature in the mist. He decided it was time to end it, this was getting dangerous. He started the blood in Aegir's body towards his brain. As an added precaution he sent a twenty foot wall of water at it.

Vitalius

Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:37 am

The wall of water was not much of a problem to deal with, the blood rushing to his brain was though the creature had thickened it so the flow wasn't as fast as it once was. They seemed to be in agreement as to how dangerous they were to each other and while the fog was meant to obscure vision he did not have to rely on it to sense him, though it made seeing the wall of water difficult until the last possible moment.

He used his telekinesis on it to slice through the bulk of the water though he did not have time to shape it to the desired effect so he had been slammed by some of the water, driven back and tumbled some but he was boneless and his flesh rubbery so blugeon forces were far easier for him to recover from than slashing or piercing ones.

But due to his multifacetted mind a portion of it was still reaching out concentrating on dulling those senses even as another was busy perceiving his surroundings and another still had been reaching out, he seemed susceptible to mental attacks and while he did not like employing the option much he reached out with a mental command.

Stop what you are doing. You rather not have a planet to contend with and your time would be much better spend showing off your ship to me. He pulled himself off the ground from where the wave deposited him, analyzing how effective the attack was and determining then whether or not to restore this things senses to it.

Character Listing

Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:22 am

He barely felt the water hitting this other creature as his senses continued to dull, but he felt enough to know that it did not have the desired effect. The creature felt rubbery.. Not unlike Tullius actually. After another brief moment he could not feel the mist, only the water under his direct control responded to his will, and it entered the creatures brain cavity. But he could not kill this creature, the effects of it's manipulation might end up permanent. He lowered the wall of water, and extracted the water from the brain cavity and dropped it to the ground. He spoke and thought at the same time

Return my senses, and let us have a real conversation, say, under the tree?

Vitalius

Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:56 am

The pressure abaited and he had been much relieved unable to imagine how he'd hold out for long against it if the telpathic attack did not work though he was not complaining, like a migrane sufferer finally abaiting.

Even sensing the creature's intent to launch the wall of water at him. He had barely been able to get a defense in place the creature's senses returned to it after a moment and it could see a muddied and wet Aegir standing before him. There were a few nicks and scrathes on it from it's earlier tumble though nothing serious.

Indeed, let's ... Speaking was always more preferable than fighting, especially with his long life span the matter was safer. He did not lead the way nor did he expect this creature to so they ended up walking or in his case slithering towards the contested tree. It was nothing special, just a tree that they were mow beneath in the shadow of it's canopy.

Character Listing

Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:33 am

He was sure that the other was happy, or at least relieved to have the potentially lethal fluid out of his brain cavity, because they both knew, that Vitalius wouldn't have gone down alone. His senses replied gradually, like awaking from a deep sleep, he heard just before he saw, and when he opened his eyes, he saw an almost humorous sight. Either by him or Vitalius, Aegir had been scratched up, also, he was drenched. He did smile at the reply though.

Good, I am curious about you, and my fury is gone, Tullius would thank you.

He walked a few feet away from the other, confident that the conflict was really and truly over. He allowed all the water to sink back into the ground, and the fog dissipate. He was glad to be away from those sands, that perpetual dryness wasn't a comforting thought. He stopped beneath the tree and looked at Aegir

Vitalius

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:03 am

He could feel that relife wash out from the other especially as they left the drier areas. He could sense no further hostility as the water reeceeded and the fog dissipated. The contested tree becoming clearer to their sight as Aegir slither on with the other. He slithered forward pulling himself along slower now that he was not launching himself via telekinesis but rarely had he been in a hurry.

Unsure as to who the other was he asked, though if he pressed into the mind of the other he could have seen the other clearly.

Tullius?

He had been curious about the other as well, the control over water. He could not use his telekinesis if he could not see or mentally feel his target and hence why the water wall had partially struck him earlier. There was an intelligence behind the attack but he did not see the water until it was almost too late.

Uner the tree he turned to the other. How great is your control over water?

Character Listing

Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:22 am

It was nice under the tree, still damp, not very sunny. He noticed the other creature did not move all that fast at all. He could tell the other creature probably had some questions, which was of course very reasonable.

Tullius Xindus. He is a space pirate who raided a ship on which I was keeping refuge. He is the first I saw after I awoke. Therefore he became mine. I killed the rest if the crew and took their ship, watching as the last survivors of a race died with their broken ship as it imploded.

He wondered about this creature, it clearly had psychic abilities, and much greater than his own. Turning off someone's senses was a very useful power, especially if he could keep a few active as well.

I have complete control of Hydrogen at the molecular level. I can control all water within a certain amount of space. I can change it's form instantly, as well as my own. That means any fog, mist, even storm clouds. As for controlling the hydrogen in another creature, some water that I directly controlled must have touched them. After that I have many options, i could dehydrate you by stealing all the water out of your body, I could turn it to mist , explode it from your veins, or crush your heart or brain. I have complete manipulations.. But i have a tendency to get... Distracted

Vitalius

Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:22 pm

Possessive? This thing took what it wanted, that much was clear especially when it told him about it's slave. Even sp he understood the concept given that years passed he had so many slaves, many slaves, all human.

There had been a pink haired princess out there that he would have liked to add to the mix though she was not human and had not fit his criteria. There were certain aspects of her qualities that he found interesting and did not want to tarnish.

But there were some students here that he was grooming but Aegir operated in subtle ways for the most part.

Still, thae control of liquids was quite useful seeing how the students all had the same make up and had been mostly water. For a second he thought how he would fair against the Goddess Eliza. She was amongst the few beings he could not read and one that no doubt was quite powerful but he was rather amicable with her. He was pleased at the thought of that encounter a portion of his mind recalling it now as he thought about it.

An interesting and useful power … you are telepathic? He asked seeing that he had not been surprised by Aegir finding out his name … He had not the time to full press into the others mind and had only been glad that there were no stronger defenses there that he encountered for that could have delayed him as it worked his control over his blood.

Character Listing

Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:23 pm

He wondered why the other creature even asked about his powers, it had surely been in his head, did it work as slow as it moved? No, it launched itself with great speed earlier, he could still feel the hydrogen in the beast's body, though he could not control it. And he had no desire to. This creature was probably old, and had been here for some time. He wanted to possess the knowledge that he could wrest, and maybe set up an arrangement. Again, he was lost in his own thoughts, his form shimmering and dripping as he swam the depths of his own brain.

In a way. I can feel the impulses of the brain in the hydrogen, but some hydrogen I controlled must have made contact for that to be so. Over the years I have interpreted these signals, and I am hardly ever wrong.

He noticed the sun was starting to peek out, and encouraged the fog to cover it, Aegir did not look like he enjoyed the sun. And forced vaporization had a different effect on Vitalius than that of his free will .

Vitalius

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:31 pm

He was aware of the surface thoughts of the other but did not pry into that consciousness. He rarely did unless it was a student and he was doing research of a student. He was capable of looking at those answers for himself if he had wanted to but he did not, not now anyway for he did not pry into minds too often when he

I see, similar to how I perceive minds and thoughts, without the necessary element of the hydrogen element. What brings you to these parts, save for the obvious crash landing of course. Most pirates are active in these parts closer to graduation of the students when they can get their hands on more merchandise but you do not strikje me as a pirate. Is it that you took your ship from pirates in the vicinity? I am curious as to why they would be in the area unless they were just passing through to another system.

Character Listing

Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:08 am

Your ability is not anything like mine, it is far more advanced really, and far more efficient. I am actually supposed to be here, but I don't believe the ship is, at least I know it isn't supposed to be in the lake, as the evidence of the crash will be obvious to those students smart enough to see. I am no pirate, but I have heard about slaves and even an arena. The arena sounds like a good place, fighting, and profit. I gained this ship years ago. I was frozen on a dying species' last hope, I took Tullius and killed the rest. Would you like to go to the Infinity? We can relax, and we will be able to talk as long as we need.

He looked at Aegir, the ship in the forefront of his mind, comfort of his home for so long. Plus there was tullius

Vitalius

Last edited by Aquavitali on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:31 am

Yes, I would like to see the Infinity. He answered the last first as they proceeded to walk on he addressed the others, his pace slow and leisurely though he hardly ever had to need to rush.

While it is true that my powers are more developed they work on a similar vein as far as sensing things. In some ways yours may even be superior … while you can sense the hydrogen in things you are not just able to sense the students here but the minds of plant-like creatures too. I am still working on unlocking those and infact have been working on them for a number of years now to little success so far. Like me I am imagining that you cannot sense the “minds” of machines and will be stymed by them, of course the abilities to control hydrogen is useful in those sorts of situations.

Given that you are suppose to be here is good, all the paper work has been pushed through with the admin here. It is a nice planet and there is an arena here as well though I find little challenge in it. I had thought to use it once since the inhibitors placed throught the island diminish the students from presenting too much of a challeng and I figured there would be more suitable but alas, I have such an incrdible command over the mind that I have to use other monsters as avatars if there is to be even some measure of challenge.

Due to my speeds you will note I generally corner victims when they cannot readily flee so the arena would have been perfect in that students could not get too far if not for the lack of a challenge.

Character Listing

Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:48 am

(Ooc: major malfunction with that last post, my mistake)
The pace was slow, but there was no rush Vitalius assumed, most of the students would be in classes, and both he and aegir could sense them from far away with ease.

I suppose they are similar, and I am sure we have abilities that match up, but some will always outshine others and in sequence be outshined as well. I have not met any sentient plants, but it seems you have? Sounds like a tale to be heard, I have only been around the machinery of the Infinity, nothing sentient there either. It is very useful, as most living organisms are comprised of it, and there is
usually hydrogen in the air

I have no doubt that i would be in some deep trouble if I was unauthorized. I think the arena may be fun, seeinf the girl's face as she literally rips me apart, and smiles, beleiving she is victorious as I reform behind her, ready to strike..

His form wavered as he was caught in the moment in his mind, but he recovered. As they reached the lake, he wondered whether Aegir could swim then decided not to ask. Using his control, he made a tunnel of solid water, teisting near the end to go into the grotto where the Infinity was docked.

Vitalius

Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:27 am

(no real miss ques there just making eveything is clear :))

He supposed the arena could be a deal of fun if he did not over match the typical students here. He inwardly smiled, there were a few students he did torment when the mood struck him, others he actually had more ammiccable dealings with.

He did see the humor in students thinking they had been victorious to realize that it was not the case at all and that they were totally powerless against the outcome.

For a moment he considered the arena and some otions there.

Oh, you shall encounter them in time. I myself have not encountered many of them but they are out there. Their brains I am told by one function on a different frequency all together that I am trying to attune myself too. And then there are the machines … fortunately I can call upon telekinesis to deal with them. Many cyborgs even with computerized portions of their brain are tougher to deal with but I make due in other ways.

He watched as the other formed a tunnel in the water. He was more quicker in the water than on land but he did not complain as the two continued on.

You will find that the administration here is quiet thorough and effective. Any students that may have seen the ship will be “treated” to forget about it … I am sure that the ship is fine. It is hidden at the bottom of the lake unless you're in the habit of flying around everywhere I'm sure the admin will not care since not much work is generated from it.

Fortunately I have encountered few machines and cyborgs and certain not here on this world but amonst the stars. Your ship will be useful once you make repairs since you can come and go as you please provided all the paper work is in order for your stay here … getting that out of the way is a hassel and it took me a great while to get in but once you are here then the rest is rather simple.

What is your preffered method of hunting might I ask?

Character Listing

Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next