View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 A not so graceful landing(Aegir 2) 

Post A not so graceful landing(Aegir 2)
The blaring of sirens awoke me suddenly. Speaking into the tank's internal speaker, I said
Tullius, why does my ship sound as if it's crashing?
Well.. Um.. Sir... We are crashing. Sir.
I close my eyes, a whirlpool forming as I shake my nonexistent head.
And why is that Tullius?
We are coming in too fast, but I'm aiming at what looks to be a lake, with a large cavern at the bottom. At this speed we won't be seen. But we will cause quite a splash.
I take up my aqua form, and leave the tank. The ship grows hotter and hotter, steam rising from my feet as I walk.
Reaching the bridge just in time, I exersize my powers to keep the water from going up, but instead direct it outward, wetting the ground. The Infinity makes the transition into the water soundlessly, but the quantity of steam that rises is large enough to be seen from miles away. As tullius reports in I decide to leave, out an air vent into the bubbling lake, its time to explore my new territory. After I get outside I realize that my plan worked as expected, the air is dense with fog, and the ground has become swamp-like. I see a small trail with a stream running alongside. Good, I think, I will use this to explore my new land

Vitalius

Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:08 am

Post Re: A not so graceful landing(Aegir 2)
He had been in the process of leaving the hidden coven along the day making the ardous trek across the warm sands as he approached the forest, his mind considering a few recent matters for there were always numerous things going on, he liked to keep busy as it so often dealt with the boredom that often gripped him.

Aegir was considering recent matters. There was the journalist, his long term plans for both a new stuent and one of his favorites, plus he was curious whether another project of his would work out or not.

His segmented brain made it so that he could think over several things at once with each portion, rather useful in that he could so easily multitask. But it had been when he got to the forest itself, the canopy of trees faded somewhat near the stream that he had to cross and he looked up.

It was a good thing that most of the students had classes and those that did wouldn't probably have their memories erased of the unusual event … then again maybe not, it was just a shooting star. No, he realized as it grew larger, not a shooting star, the trajectory was too controlled, someone was attempting to alter it. He watched as it streaked and collided with the planet but he did not think it slammed into the earth for he heard no explosion though a tremor coursed through the ground as the ship, for he was assuming it was a ship, hit the planet. Probably at the lake, any reasonable pilot would have opted for a softer landing …

Aegir had wondered who would be coming here, were the authorized to be here? Was it a damaged ADD vessel? Normally the ADD hadn't been allowed here though he recalled the prom quiet well and supposed that there were exceptions to every rule. He pressed onward, slowly making his way to his favorite spot, debating if he should have a look though he had time to think it over before getting to his destination, he was slow enough after all.

Soon though he frowned, seeing the mist eminating from the forest. For a moment he thought that there might be a supernatural effect going on but he sensed no minds in the immediate vacinity and figured that this was an after effect of the ship crashing into the lake so he boldly pressed on, keen eyes easily peering through the concealing fog.

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:59 pm

I ponder taking my aqua form, the abundant water on and now in the ground would make it morethan easy, but that seemed like too much of a direct approach, such a thing might provoke a local inhabitant, I was lucky enough to have avoided being noticed so far. And I was going to punish tullius for that. Severely. For now, his submitted report of how the infinity was doing was enough. Hmmm, as hot as the ship is the steam won't be stopping anyt time soon. But the hull held, so there's my silver lining.

I've heard much about this place, and the victims that resided here, but there were also supposed to be other creatures, like me. Was I lead astray? There were no animals, and a monster ahould easily notice this cloud, and if they were sharp they would have seen the ship streaming in.

With a start, I realize that I'm not even holding a form, just a pair of glowing green eyes in the mist. I chuckle and meld into the stream, the smooth rocks are no surprise, but the lack of algae and any signs of life confirm that I am indeed where I am supposed to be. With some exploration I find a small crack through which I can get back to the ship anytime I need. The stream goes right along a small dirt path. Excellent, lets see who's around.. Casting my mind out, I sense... Something. An imprint in the mist that is definitely not one of those nubile young girls. With practiced ease I close me eyes and begin to close in on this intruder

Vitalius

Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:39 pm

Nonchalantly he continued along, the mass of tentacles comprising his legs drew him closer to his destination. Though now he could see the outline of the tree he so often perched in he doubted that anyone would be using this trail until much later in the day when it lifted so he settled in on having a bit of a morning nap while he waited.

A portion of his mind considered what to do about Ishtar now that there was another issue, albeit a small one, that had presented itself when he felt sopmething akin to a slap on the back of the head. He now sensed a presence, certainly not human either for he knew those well enough.

Furthermore this one was new for it always took him a few moments to work out how a mind was worked the first time he encountered a species. On most occassions he avoided other monsters though occassionally he had met a few of them to. Sole, Night, Vaaloris, Lexie and that alien though she could hardly be considered a monster.

But rather than avoiding a confrontation he remained aware of the presence as he move steadily to the tree figuring that it was off hunting though Aegir had felt no human minds close by so he determined that such a hunt would be unfruitful at least for a little while anyway.

Character Listing

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:02 pm

The prescense had only gotten closer over time, so slow that Vitalius had to stop himseld to track it's progress. Though slow, it moved through the mist with a sense of purpose and direction, He knew this was no mere random stroll in the woods. The silhouette did not match any creatured he had encountered before, though he did recognize a mass of tentacles.. Legs maybe?

Again, he caught himself drifting, and he realized that this stream was not the best way to go towards this creature, it might know he is here, and every time he drifted off the stream would stop, a clear indication of something not natural to nature. So he continued on in the fog, because, except for a little on the ground, it was just hanging in the air. He identified the tree. A mere 20 feet insinde the northeastern most corner of his new territory. The water there was still wet, and cold, at least to those bound in flesh.

Drawing within 100 yards now, he considered his options, but until within sight range, he could not do much. He sent a whisper trembling though the airwaves in the fog

What....is...your...purpose?

Vitalius

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:27 pm

He could sense it closer now and had wondered for a moment if it were tracking him. He had mistaken other monsters as students albeit briefly. He had even been mistaken as a student once when hebeen veiled by an illusion though now there was no way he thought that it was possible to mistake him unless perhaps the creature had been incapable of sight.

But then it spoke to him and he turned in the direction that he had sensed it in. He might not have been able to see it clearly yet for there were a lot of trees obscuring his vision but the fact that he looked in it's general direction indicatated that he could sense it on some level.

The new arrival Aegir assumed considering how many years he had been traveling this way without running into anyone, not by this route at least. He pointed out a tree in the fog assuming that the creature could see it as well.

I am going to my tree. You are the one that fell out of the heavens just now I assume.

Character Listing

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:53 pm

He quickly saw that this other creature knew where he was.. If only roughly. And then the gesture! This creature clearly knew he was being watched. But what he did not know was that this was now Vitalius's territory.

Yes, I am the new arrival. You saw me? Damn. Tullius will pay for that. He allowed his eyes to pierce through the fog, getting a partial look at the creature. It didn't seem to be openly hostile, but Vitalius could not see into this creature, or any, for that matter, without touching them.

And what makes this tree yours? I want it. In fact I was inspecting my territory when I sensed you. He could have been nicer, but he was still angry at Tullius, and here was a creature trespassing, even though unwittingly. It still angered him. He took a solid aqua form, his skin flowing at bone-breaking speed. He walked closer. Within 25 yards, Attempting to intimidate this new creature into leaving, he was angry, but never one to fight, unless truly provoked.

Vitalius

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:08 am

Aegir chuckled. Your tree? Find another. I have been using that tree for the better part of four years now.

He watched as the other creature neared though he did not back down. He was still working on this entity though he could see it clearer now as it approached his position. He theorized about it though, a gaseous form probably meant it was vulnerable or hindered by the wind though the green eyes were lights. It's mind was unlike a traditional mind either, more like a consciousness though he could feel it and would work out how it worked in time.

There were things he would not read, androids were one. Plant-like creatures too, well he was working on that for he had Night sterring him in the right direction there. But he needed more time, just incase. Most of his telekinetic abilities would be useless and his greater strengths remained in his telepathic discipline so it was obvious to him at least that he had to stall for time incase there was an issue.

The other creature approached closer but did not press in so he concluded that it was preparing itself for the worse to.

Delaying he flickered his gaze from it for a moment. This was not too dangerous since he could sense it.

What makes you believe, ]as a new arrival that tree is yours?

Character Listing

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:35 am

This creature was not scared of him. That chuckle was enough to send his skin racing, his muscles rippled, piterally, hoping the creature would sense that too. His stormy mood seemed to take control of him, as the fog was darkening. Almost like a storm cloud on the ground.. He had to focus, his flighty personality was causing his powers to act up.
I simply want this tree, and I am used to getting what I want.

He caused some of the fog in its upper layers to liquidize, creating a alight drizzle, hoping to play havok with the other creature's senses. He could feel the fluids in this creature's brain moving rapidly.
Needing more time, he said:

I am known as Vitalius. What are you called?

Testing his options, he started a small pool of water about 5 yards away from the creature

Vitalius

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:30 am

A water based creature? Aegir noted the pool of water as this think colored so he had command over tht element. He considered how useful that would be when he felt it, a connection was felt, not a comple one but something nonetheless.

Still he turned to the new arrival to better see him. It ws such a small point fighting over a tree at that and Aegir could have cred less bout it, it was more the fact of being forced out of a spot after so long though this thing hadn't yet. He figured the thing was still gathering some of it's power and thus was delaying so it seemed to be a race in who finished their preprations first and would have the upper hand initially.

I suppose I cn give you n acorn from it so you cn grow your own but this has been my spot for some time now. You cannot have it though there are many like it.

He liked the location, it was near enough to the lake and rested above the hiking trail so plenty of students passed this way. Most he allowed to slip past as they did not fancy them.

The spot ws nice given the cnopy of trees over head that helped shield his sensive eyes on sunny days. Another of the components of the creatures mind fell into place. It was older than he would have guessed at initially though it struck him as the sort that was use to getting it's way and not having to deal with things that could match it's power. He tended to avoid the other monsters on this island so long as they left him alone though this was perhaps the first time he had ny sort of confrontation with another … his mouth tendrils curled into the species equivalent of a grin.

I am known as Aegir … You are not even authorized to be here, they will remove you before long ...

Character Listing

Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:24 am

He used the rapidly filling pool to send a razor thin tendril of water towards it along the ground. This creature was intelligent. Very intelligent, and probably not concerned with the tree so much as the fact that it was his. But there was always the possibility that there was a secret to this tree..

I did not ask you for it...Aegir.

For the first time he looked around his surroundings, a thick canopy overhead would be nice, when it rained it would drip for hours. Plus he could see the lake perfectly, keep an eye on tullius and the Infinity. He had never actually met another sentient creature before, besides Tullius, and he was so simple he barely counted. He had killed and violated with no regards to any possible threat. He realized that a battle was most likely inevitable, so he cleared the fog between the two, and made it rain even harder.

Removing me is no small task, you, and they, should be informed of this

He turned to mist in the creature's view and went to it's right side, opposite the pool of water and the razor thin tendril if water nearing it's lower tentacles.

Vitalius

Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:55 am

He was an arrogant creature, especially since he had no idea how he would be removed as another pathway clicked into place. He wanted the tree, Aegir could have cared less about it if it wsan't for the principle of the matter.

He was all to aware of what the creature was seeking to do, and it might have mattered if he were another creature it may have. Instead of paying attention to him and the water he paid him no mind, he could sense him even if he could not see him.

This thing could control water but how long did it take to reform it for telekinetically he smashed against that tendril to displace the water to the sides though his compound mind worked out allowing him to multitask with ease as he used that telekinetic force not in a shove, not really. It was tougher to do though he had learned it some time ago as he whipped the air molecules behind it in the direction of the beast generating a blast of wind.

So far not a devestating strike but one that he had hoped to by him a little more time as things fell into place.

You will be quiet surprised what they can do here to unregistered or registered monsters who step outside of their authority. They would easily deal with you or I for that matter if they chose too. That tree, however is mine. It has been mine for years now, and from years from now it will continue to be mine … Vitali ... Yes, it all snapped together now and became clear in that moment, now he was sensing his thoughts, his intentions, now he could do a little more thn fanning the air or splashing some water around.

Character Listing

Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:56 am

Now that it seemed it was to begin in earnest, the wind spread him out but he returned to aqua, not ten feet in front of this ... Aegir.
I can be almost anywhere. They would have to drain every hydrogen molecule from shokushu. And that would be quite harmful.
I did not appreciate that little gust, but right now, we are in my element!

He allowed the water-pregnant ground to let loose some of its load, an inch or two of water rising from it.
My last battle was when I captured the Infinity. And there was no talking involved with those pirates.He thought
As his thought to be sneaky tendril was swatted away, he realized sneaking up on this creature, this Aegir was not going to work. Now though. This was a very good battleground, abundant water, even the water in the tree could be used, but that required more effort and thought than he could spare during a fight. He wanted to fight on his terms, if the other retreated too far, the hot dry sand would stop him. He began a slow stride towards it, walking on top of the water, and stopped 5 feet away, and extended a hand.
Come now, if you would give me this small corner in my territory, there can be a peaceful solution.
Though he extended his hand, he braced himself inside, causing his currents to whirlpool, giving his skin the texture of concrete

Vitalius

Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:56 am

He could sense this things confidence as well as it's thoughts governing those sands. He was slow perhaps too slow to prehaps to get there. He knew that this creature was more comfortable fighting in these conditions but he had a trick or two left.

You cnnot even imagine what the scientists are capable of doing here. They have seen it all before, have ways of deling with situations like these. I am guessing here but even a gas is incpable of escping continers and even water has it's sahape confined by the container it is placed in.

But the thing was closing in on him attempting to delude his mind but mental influence did not take hold on him. His blood was thickining, this creature was trying to control his body as well as influence his mind but multiple portions of his mind went to work throughout areas of his body. He had been using telekinesis on himself for so long to manitain a posture outside of water due to his boneless nture that this was second nature to him as he used it now to vibrate his limbs, to massage his body with enough force to help mitigate the water thickening.

The tree is mine!

He launched himself telekinetically throwing himself to the drier environment, knowing that he would never reach it at his speed.

As he was descending it was an easy matter to slow his fall through telekinesis.

This time he sent a telekinetic push at the intruder seeing that the intruder had switched from a gas-like state to a liquid like one. It was bout time to repay the favor it kind … yes … in kind ...

Character Listing

Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:45 am

Gauging the creature's reaction, he waged that his thoughts were not safe. But there was nothing he could do about that.

True, but hydrogen is a very volatile element. And I just might be fast enough to make my escape.

As he said this he appeared and reappered in a rough circle, taking maybe a tenth of a second for each transformation, and ending right back where he started, standing on the water. It seemed the creature had a great degree of skill in the telekinetic field.. Too much skill. This was actually a potential threat, and one he had to deal with fast. His water manipulation wasn't as potent as he wanted, but the creature must be suffering to some degree. As he shouted abounowning the tree, Vitalius was gathering himself for a full assault. But the creature jerked back! Almost like a marionette on strings, realizing where it was heading, he rushed forward, the water on the ground forming a growing wave behind him, he was rapidly catching the regreating monster, but it would be close to the desert. A paychic push destablilized him for a moment, but his skin was flowing fast enough to blow it off easily.

Vitalius

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next