View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Ruckus (for Captain Weaver) 

Location: Within striking distance of intergalactic trading lanes
Post Re: Ruckus (for Captain Weaver)
Weaver tapped her finger against pursed lips slightly, looking at him through half-lidded eyes. Ah, but if only she could have armed him with certainty, alas, she was not deeply enough initiated to make even clumsy attempts to read the loom of fate. Some of her mentors could discern a person's history at a glance, following their thread backwards, but for her there was nothing but the sympathetic connections between sentiences. Entry level among her people, but a rare talent outside of their domain, which made it far more useful than most would suspect.

"Oh? I don't get the opportunity to play the doomsayer very often, I'm glad you managed to get something from it."
she smiled and picked herself up from the arm of the chair, tossing her hair back over her shoulder with a gentle clatter and clink of her hair ornaments bouncing off of each other as she leaned back, folding one leg over the other. There was a heavy, rhythmic stomping from the floor below, punctuated by patrons banging cups together or shouting the occasional epithet. It seemed the next set of combatants were winding up.

"Now Gersham, I'd think that you'd know that we freelancers rarely have the luxury of specialization."
she said with an easy smile, sliding her finger tips along her thighs to rest just above her knees as she cradled the back of her head with another pair of arms.

"Flesh traders usually aren't worth it. Always much too willing to use their product as a shield, and the pay-off has an annoying tendency to eat and mewl pathetically for clemency. If things get lean, though, or a client has his eye on a particular prize and doesn't want to risk an auction, we've been known to dabble. Luxury yachts are my personal favorite, low security, few guards or bystanders to worry about, and they usually stock some luxuries that make wonderful momentos of the ransom. The grist of the work, however, is corporate sponsored trading vessels. Raw materials are good because they're untraceable, and the buyers are always glad to remain discreet . . . ha, if you think I'm a thief, you should see the mark-up on some of those goods."

She gently reached out to brush the backs of her fingers against his cheek, "Smuggling, however, is always a valuable sideline for a vessel with the Wayward Star's cloaking and storage capacity. Guns for revolutions, medicine for colonists . . . everyone needs something, so any vessel is a viable target even if it takes a little digging to find a buyer. Why ask? Thinking about giving up the arena for a life of savagery and adventure?"

Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:28 pm

He draws that all in. Planning thefts had never been a concern for him, he was a Prince after all and so never had to worry about money. Still he could imagine the rush that someone got when partaking of such things. The arena made him feel alive though.

The thrill of it, the rush that was all so exciting for him, more so when he overcame an opponent after a tough fight. He had not been so combat orientated back in the past, yow he got to the current Shadow to this one he was still foggy on and assumed his brother summoned him, he had the memory of that but some things were foggy and there were others where he could not trust them, that they were false memories. Gersham was uncertain but he continued to piece together the chain of clues as they came up.

“I am more comfortable away from Shokushu. I don't think I would give this all up. As it is it's just part time. I fight on occasion when I find a worth opponent but it is always good to be versatile.”

Her touch was nice, flesh against flesh as her fingers smoothly moved against his cheek. Of course his particular abilities did not exhibit him just touching a target which made it far more useful but when a target touched him.

He needed little encouragement to use a little more of that drug as she traced her fingers over him though tried to keep the dosage small enough so they could continue their conversation. She had to be hardier than a human but he had never dealt with her kind before so he might be giving her way more of the drug then was his intention or she might not have been effected by it at all. There was no harm in using it, however. It was plain to him that there was sexual tension in the air. He wanted her alright but he was enjoying this little game.

“A cloaking device, I'm assuming it's a means of making a ship invisible? Useful of course. I have found quite a use for invisibility in the past. As an Unseelie Fey invisibility is a trait that comes easy to me. I wouldn't mind trying it once or twice though.” Especially if she were around, that was just added incentive.

He grinned at her as he considered it.

Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:31 pm

Location: Within striking distance of intergalactic trading lanes
"Oh?" she said with a pleased purr, shifting slightly in her seat, "Well, you'd certainly improve the ambiance. If one is going to put their life on the line, there should be something a little more than a good fuck at stake, don't you think?" she said, a bit more earnestly than would be considered wholly proper. Her heart had given a little flutter when she'd brushed his cheek, bringing up the shade of her faint blush slightly. One of the hands folded behind her head propped itself against the back of her chair, shifting slightly to brace against her cheek, one finger lightly parting her smiling lips as the rest curled around her own chin, a warm glimmer in her eyes.

"Well, it's not true invisibility. It'd be more accurate to say that it makes it difficult to scry . . . of course, once you're in visual range, it's usually too late for a target." she leg she'd had propped up shifted slightly, the backs of her toes lightly tracing their way up along his calf as she spoke, lightly stroking up and down, but creeping a bit higher as each word tumbled from her lips, "Still, I'd never heard you possessed such an ability, though I suppose it doesn't lend itself well to the flashy needs of the arena. Is it only a personal range invisibility, or have you the ability to shroud others?" She'd be lying if she claimed she had no professional curiosity, such a talent could be quite useful in a raid Of course, in her current mindset there were other purposes it could be put to as well

"Still, let me not be presumptuous." she said with a smile, continuing to be rather presumptuous as she shifted in her seat to brace a thigh along the arm of the chair, allowing her feet to stroke their way up along his thighs, "What is it that my prince seeks, out here among the stars? Surely, you've a plan beyond simply enjoying the sights?"

Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:01 pm

“Oh, I agree though there is a certain charm to it that cannot be dismissed. It does pull at my curiosity a bit.” Her flushed look, the finger in her mouth, he regarded the attractive woman before him and while he was not in tuned with all the abilities of technology it was easy for them to be compared with things he knew. He knew of invisibility quite well after all.

“There are many sorts of invisibility spells I know. Some to conceal objects, others to obscure others in a radius of a particular point mobile or otherwise. I have no doubt for instance that I can conceal a starship and by contrast what is inside until it leaves or a door is open and you could look inside. I could also cast it on others though once they take aggressive actions the spell is ruined. Most of the variant abilities conceal until just after you make the firs strike though I do have one, the duration is rather short but you retain that sate if while attack.

“I try to keep to the effects in the arena that you can actually see and follow better. If someone is being smacked about by an invisible attacker that hardly is fun to watch but if you see someone hurling balls of flame at someone it's more entertaining."

She'd find that rubbing her foot along his leg while grabbing his attention had not brought the flesh on flesh contact so he was unable to drug her further though he could always reach beneath the table to stroke that leg he had not yet allowing her to ponder over that for a moment at least without being too far gone.

“What I seek most of all? Answers to my state of being but I doubt I will find them amongst the stars. Here I hope to uncover worthy adversaries and a replacement to my second, Esper. I do not know what happened to her though it was rather convenient to have someone take care of my whims, she was rained in some magic and sword play and while at one stage I had felt that I could have made due with someone if she were not so opposed to magic and not owned by another so the search continues.

“Yet I am in no position to really have or need an Esper. I have no Kingdom as I once did so managing it is easier."

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2