View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Alluring Art (for Vespira) 

Post Alluring Art (for Vespira)
He had been relatively new to space, outside of his appearances in the Arena that was and it was that celebrity status that he attained that landed him an invite to the banquet. Of course it was a gathering mostly of the criminal element, crime lords, fencers, crooked fight promoters.

Gersham generally didn't show up to these matters much though his existence was rather unusual … few new of it save for his creator and it had not been something he brought up. He was hoping to see Captain Weaver again amongst the sea of faces but had not. She probably didn't score an invite which wasn't unusual given that it was a huge galaxy and it seemed that most of the people here were either those connected with the Arena or those that had influence or actually had some stake with it.

Eventually though he was among the last to wander the exhibits that were in the art gallery. Carrying a glass of wine he was sipping from it casually as he was studying an obscure, yet bizarre piece. There were a few notable beings that he had been introduced too though there were others that had not shown up at all being fashionably late, he didn't care. Gersham was beginning to loose his interest in the banquet seeing that he had little regard for the interests of the assembled crowd, nor had he seen anyone interesting so far, just the typical folk at these sorts of things though he had not made an appearance in the arena for so time so his celebrity status must have fallen a bit. It was time for another match he presumed so he'd take a look at worthy opponents though for now he was going to enjoy the rest of the evening.

Fri May 30, 2014 12:34 pm

Post Re: Alluring Art (for Vespira)
With her interests in the finer arts of the galaxy, Vespira was on the top of the list of those who would receive an invitation. Naturally, she accepted as she always enjoyed putting herself in the public eye. The Gorgonian soon arrived in the art gallery, her hips swaying seductively side to side as she slithered in. The voluptuous snakewoman wore attire that consisted of transparent sashes of the finest silken material that trailed behind her motions and accentuated her already lovely features. Lavish jewelry in the form of bracelets and necklaces hung from her wrists and around her neck while a single jeweled belt rested on her swaying hips. Her fine scales glistened under the bright lights of the gallery, giving everyone who looked upon her a little show of her radiant beauty.

Vespira loved it all. She enjoyed the stares as those eyes slowly glass over and their faces grow slack. Of course, some had enough will to endure or avert their eyes but those were few and far between. The Gorgonian was the center of attention just like she wanted to be. She gave a polite nod to the host and properly gave her introduction and thanks before sliding past to take a look upon the various works of art prepared. Her eyes occasionally took in others near by but her focus was simply to admire works of art while the world passed her by.

This being a social gathering, her guards were not with her. No one was insane enough to dare crash a party filled with the most dangerous criminals in the galaxy.

Fri May 30, 2014 7:22 pm

Their were few people around in her though most had been at the finer objects strewn throughout the area. Busts and statues, necklaces, polished gemstones that bedazzled and caught the eye though this painting called to him for whatever reason and he mulled over the somewhat haunting image and sipped his wine.

Of course the scene was false, a painting painted over another though his third eye allowed him to see the truth and he regarded that haunting painting instead of the more mundane portrait that his other eyes say. It was doubtful that the owners were aware with anything that had been amiss here but eventually he move on and soon came to a gemstone that changed different colors that captured one's attention.

They were rare though he knew what they were called at least in his realm. Seeing a well endowed serpent with scales that seemed as radiant Gersham approached to get a better look. His eyes scanning the plague set on the pedestal with it, the object behind a thin protective casing of glass.

“It says these are Star Gems. We called them Fire Gems back home.”
He says to the woman, his gaze flickered to her, gave a quick once over and seemed to like what he saw but his attention shifts back to the stone as he takes another sip of his wine.

Fri May 30, 2014 10:36 pm

The serpentwoman made her way through the gallery. She had sharp eyes though if she noticed anything amiss, she did not mention it. If something seemed pleasing to her, she would consider purchasing but only then. For now, the alien woman would simply admire what she was invited to see.

Her wandering led her to a gemstone that shifted in color constantly. It was an appealing jewel though it was nothing more than a show piece in its current state. Perhaps if it was cut and socketed into an accessory then it would be worthy for her body to wear. As she observed the gemstone, a male alien made his presence known as he spoke some trivia. Of course, it probably just an excuse for him to get a closer look at her practically nude form. Her nipples stood soft in the cool air of the room and the swell of her breasts rose and fell with every slow breath the serpent took. Her forked tongue flicked lightly, tasting the air around her, always keeping track of her surroundings.

"Itss name is unimportant," she stated plainly, not even looking in Gersham's direction. Vespira cared only about herself and her business so naturally her attention was not so easily taken by small talk usually.

Sat May 31, 2014 1:07 am

His scent was odd … it was a non scent he was there but not their as if he were a projection, a concentration of energy. Yet he seemed to be their too.

“Your right, the name does not matter.”
Again a sip of wine. He noted it then looked to her. “Of course it would be little more than a bauble to you and would fail to do you any sort of justice but I know a thing or two about these rocks. They are ultra rare from where I hail from and I assume they are rare here as well, but rarity does not make it important. It is a living stone, an amplifier for Enchantments if one knows how to awaken it.”

They were useful tools but unnecessary for him for the most part, he used them once or twice but over all he had better magical abilities to draw upon and she herself probably did not need them. He was unaware of her abilities though he had heard of her mention during her introductions but such was brief when he made a basic inquiry as to who she was.

Gersham was still fairly new to the whole space thing but it kept him out from Aegir's thumb so to speak as long as he checked in on occasion.

“You are the one called Vespira if I remember correctly, right? I am Gersham."

Sat May 31, 2014 9:30 am

"I have no usse for hocuss pocuss theoriess," she hissed, "I am well aware of itss worth. I would not have been invited here if it was worthlesss." Vespira was not one for small talk from strangers. If a stranger approached her, she could only assume they seek something from her or intend to find a means to climb the ladder so to speak. This Gersham was probably no different. Still, Vespira heard nothing of this Gersham and yet he was here with an invitation.

"Remember correctly?" Vespira's eyes narrowed in slight annoyance, "Are you implying I can be easily forgotten. Perhapss you should sstate your intentionss before I grow annoyed, Gersham." The serpent woman looked over at the man that chose to speak to her as if he was supposed to be familiar. May as well find out what he wanted before dismissing him for wasting her time.

Sat May 31, 2014 8:37 pm

“Few do, but I assure you that it goes beyond hocus pocus. Not many possess the arts these days, not to any competent degree though to most it lacks it's true potential and I have other means at my disposal that are far easier and cheaper.”

His intentions? He gave at the serpent and nodded. “Everyone can be forgotten in time or has not graced each corner of the galaxy. You have not graced mine, though I got the vibe that you were well known in this one.

“My intentions are to merely appraise some art, and perhaps look for my Esper at one stage though the later only makes more sense once I figure out what to do with myself.”

He finished his wine and pointed at the painting he had been looking at. “For instance, that piece there is worth far more than it is valued at but I no longer have a castle which needs decorating, not here at least.”

Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:48 am

"You are wassting my time," Vespira stated bluntly. If he was here to appraise art then why was he wasting his time making small talk with someone not gifted in magic? It was apparent the man was just trying to show off and it was not pleasing the Gorgonian any. Unlike himm, she had plenty of 'castles' she could live and plenty of art. She merely had to make the purchase and it was hers. That was the benefit of having both wealth and power here in the galaxy.

Instead of humoring the demon further, the Gorgonian simply moved on to another section of the gallery. She was not going to have her time ruined by someone who did not know his proper place. After how that person went on about his sklls and topics that did not interest her, Vespira was fine with enjoying the quiet that tended to come with these art conventions.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:26 am

He was blessed with time, an infinity f time so to him it was never wasted, not really. In this case he had been gauging matters though it had not been a concern of his abut her power or status in this reality. Other than facing opponents in the Arenas he had yet t establish an aim here though he would have liked to get those memories back that seemed elusive, that and staying clear of Aegir for as long as possible.

Though as she left he had not followed but rather took his time enjoying the selected pieces of art though. It had seemed as if he had a reasonable interest in it at least. This had eventually brought them back together at another exhibit, a bejeweled fancy necklace that he figured that the art dealers and she had no way of knowing about, at least other than the rarity of those stones though he could appreciate it on another level.

“Now this is interesting,” his wine glass was half full, he studied the necklace keenly before shifting his gaze towards her. “Not half as interesting as you but this might have some worth. The price is a paltry sum of course.”

But he went on no further though, not unless he was prompted in explaining further as if he was gauging his interest in the necklace first and foremost first without being too much of a nuisance.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:34 pm

Vespira was finally given some privacy as she continued to look through the various pieces. It seems the gallery lacked much theming behind it as it had both paintings, gemstones, and jewelry all taking spots on the walls and pedastals. But, it was to be expected when a less refined race gets a hold of works of art.

She came upon a necklace that was certainly fancy though the Gorgonian showed no signs of approval or disapproval. The woman was not really in the mood to shop. This was just her taking advantage of her presence and enjoying the finer things of life as her position very much allowed. The peace and quiet was also pleasant that is until...

~Now this is interesting~

Vespira thought she made herself clear the first time. Now this pest was trying to gain her favor by literally the same route as before. Such ignorance was truly annoying. The tip of her tail cracked the floor as it struck it hard. A low hiss escaped the serpentwoman's lips as she let out a breath. She turned to face Gersham but this was perhaps not the attention he was looking for as their eyes made contact. Vespira's eyes were hypnotic and not something she could really turn off. She merely gazed into the demon as she gave one order that would perhaps spare the creature further issues with her. "Leave me alone, pesst..." she hissed.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:11 pm

At first he had gazed at her casually, the out burst of annoyance, the prismatic effect in her eyes, he casually turned back to the necklace and sipped his wine, apparently it had worked though in truth he was attempting to remember the lesser used Shadow magic that he used.

The Half Demon concentrated a little though it may have seemed as if he were complying that had not been the case as he was busy constructing the Pocket Dimension though it would collapse and spit them back out soon enough.

Shadows twisted into immediate shapes and illusions of the art gallery though it was barely bigger than fifty feet in diameter.

“You tell me that you have no aptitude for this,” he looks at her sideways still facing the necklace in it's glass case.

“And yet attack me when I try to educate you.” He turned towards her, it plain that the hypnotism did not work, his mind was odd and he was essentially lacking one of his own. “So, I suppose I'll need to educate you in aspects other then the arcane,”
he turned towards her, setting his wine glass atop the display case as all three of his eyes narrow on her.

She had not attacked him physically though and the mental command was a rather minor one so there was no sense escalating matters further though if it were mind control she was interested in then he would see how she fared against his aphrodisiac seeking first to make contact with the barest of touches unless of course she appeared too evasive for that and he had to employ other options to soften her up a bit to make a touch, any touch really, a possibility.

Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:52 am

"Attack you?" Vespira hissed, "If I had attacked you, you would not be standing, pessst. But since you are having trouble comprehending sspeech, I will repeat myssself. I do not care about your lesssonss. I did not assk for them and I do not care for them. Leave now or I shall have the guards esscort you out." The Gorgonian's patience has run thin. Who did this creature think he was thinking he could 'educate' her? This was the most annoying of pests, one that was too ignorant to know his place.

Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:10 pm

“Look around. The guards cannot help you here. We are no longer in the art gallery,” he gestured either side of her as he turned to face her. She was indeed confident and that tail would be a problem in push came to shove but he still had the shadow of the pedestal to rely on if it came to that.

But he could see her annoyance. “I doubt it would make much of a difference but you are correct in that you never sought out such knowledge. So often I have to explain things to Esper to educate her that it has become somewhat automatic.

“Besides, there are more practical things that interest me,”
and unless she managed to defend against it or attack him he flicked a lone finger down her arm infused with an aphrodisiac that he secreted by touch alone.

Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:20 pm

Of course she was correct that she did not sought the knowledge, it is her mind and thoughts. He once more tossed around a name that was irrelevant to what was happening. Apparently, this creature had yanked her into another realm. But, it was not much of an issue for the Gorgonian. Spells are easily broken when the caster's neck snaps.

The serpentwoman casually shifted back, easily keeping just out of reach of the finger. With how her body sways, depth perception seemed off as she lured Gersham's attempts to grope out a bit too far. By the time he notices, it would be too late as that huge tail was now infront of the woman and crashing right into Gersham's ribs, sending him flying into a nearby wall. "I am for looking, not for touching," she hissed, "Ssso this is how you ssseek to help me? By attacking me? Even ssslavers have better manners than you..."

Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:28 pm

In the arena he learned how to roll with blows and lessened the effect of that tail slap. It had remind him somewhat of Iria's hammer, the bludgeoning force behind it though he was smirking with her words of irritation as he knelt there.

He had not attacked her yet, abducted her perhaps , but he had no problem with escalating matters, he was just not going to do it first.

Black miasma sprang up in his left hand with a practiced ease. Images broke off the original, duplicates of shadow that engulfed her now.

“Well, I have been a bit pampered.”
He rises, if that were still the original. Each duplicate holding onto a ball of miasma.

“Though I prefer other methods I actually enjoy this one as well.”
He had to calculate here as he was use to fighting component opponents this was something entirely new, a different level altogether.

He waited before hurling that cold and dark miasma forth from eight separate directions though only one had been real as each image rushed in to overwhelm her from all sides at once. All he had to do was get off a lone touch.

Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next