View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Alluring Art (for Vespira) 

Post Re: Alluring Art (for Vespira)
Rolling with the punches was thing, one does not really roll with blows from a heavy maul or a giant serpent tail. Vespira was not some human gladiatrix but a predator that crushed such prey with ease. The abduction was clear on the intention and abducting someone was a form of attack whether the demon believed it or not. His first attack was yanking her into this dimension and the second was his attempt to grope her body. Not that it mattered who was on the defense here.

Vespira casually slithered in a slow circle as they all lunged at her, firing their bolts of darkness. Her large serpent tail whipped around, smacking every bolt right back towards those who threw it. Her tail had large prismatic scales. They could absorb punishment like armor. But they were also designed to reflect light and darkness fell under similiar rules as light. The Gorgonian felt the impact against her tail but merely smirked as the bolts crashed right into the duplicates and possibly the real caster.

"You are wassting my time," she hissed, "End your sspell. Perhapsss I may have use for you afterall... But I have no use for toys that attack their owner. If you had ssimply mentioned what you can do, we could have gone sstraight to businesss insstead of wassting time. What do you want? Perhapss I can find work for you."

Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:17 pm

As the miasma was bolted back towards him he had not even bothered to dodge it as it did not effect him feeling more like a cool tingle rushing over his flesh though it was the only bolt that had been real, the others mere illusions within her mind that did not exist otherwise and passed harmlessly through her though she knew where the real one was.

Such heavy blows had ensured that he protect himself a bit with his magics even when he was not in the arena, mostly due to the ache he felt in those ribs that had been broken before.

He grinned though sticking near the wall, the other images useless or close to it unless he used some advanced Shadow magic had remained idle at the moment.

“Owner?”
He smirked, she was a confident one as death held no sway over him, save for it being a minor inconvenience but he did listen to what she said.

“You are mistaken, I do not seek employment. No, I just considered an enjoyable evening of unadulterated sex.”
He was part Incubus after all and part Fae, couple with the long years and his appetites were greater than most.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:29 am

"Reconssider..." she stated firmly. There was nothing for Gersham to gain here yet everything to lose. He was essentially making an enemy of one of the most influential crime lords in the galaxy. His attempt to catch her had failed and now he was just stalling. Vespira's guard was up so resisting any further attacks and spells was practically a non issue for the Gorgonian. Even if he succeeded, what then? He fucks her then remains hunted for the rest of his life? With no allies and Vespira's resources, Gersham would have a real threat on his hands.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:09 am

He had been calculating. He lacked allies in this reality though he loved challenges. He did not fear death since he did not technically die though how many times would he be recreated before it annoyed Aegir enough where he stopped doing it? It was bad enough that he had to report in from time to time.

Gersham had a few more tricks if he elected to use them and her guard was up now but there was still that portion of him that thrived on conflict.

“Really, and why should I do that?”
But he nor any of the false images sprang to the offense though, merely watching her movements in case he needed to react, the power of his their eye would alert him if he needed to make a quick defensive action.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:31 am

"Your little sstunt is already on camera, fool," she hissed, "I don't care what you are. Your antics will not go unnoticed. Not only did you attack me, you attacked me in public in a place where no conflict should occur. Every faction attending here will react to thiss. Demon or not, your time in thiss part of the galaxy has grown much more difficult for you." Gersham may have ensured no one was watching when he yanked her into his dimension but the cameras would clearly notice the sudden disappearance (not to mention that cameras have no mind to fool with illusions). Attacking someone in such a peaceful event will no doubt anger many factions attending and running the art show.

"Sso, you will release me from this dimension and perhapss I may show kindnesss for your sstupidity," the Gorgonian hissed, "Or you can waste time until I leave mysself and never be able to ssee me or any female for a very... very long time."

Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:10 pm

“Cameras,” he was somewhat familiar with the devices now seeing his exposure in the arena, “are of no consequence.” Magic trumped technology each time they squared off though it was an easy matter to alter them even without illusions.

“But this part of the galaxy is not what I am interested in. I have it on good information that there may be other parts of the galaxy that are more interesting to you, though I may not know too much about this reality or the people in it just yet you were by far the most attractive of those assembled here today but I had to determine a few matters first.”

He made a quick gesture dissolving the pocket dimension but as it fell away nothing seemed to change in the immediate are though now they could see out beyond the fifty or so feet offered up by the confines of that pocket dimension.

“The question is, are you ambitious enough?”

Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:21 pm

Shokushu would have something to say about magic trumping technology. Technology had already reached a point where counteracting magic was a possibility and even mimicking certain effects was simple enough. The galaxy is large, it would be naive to claim that one single powerful entity can claim absolute authority anymore. There were too many factions, forces, and variables to make that possible. Camera footage could be altered but the footage had already been seen by security and the proper authorities contacted. Gersham was hoping to catch Vespira alone but in her line of work, she was never alone.

"You are changing your sstory, demon," she hissed, "You are a poor liar and now you mock the very territory I have claimed for mysself. Humanss always claimed that ssome make deals with demons and devils. Sseems your kind are not very good at negotiating afterall." The serpentwoman began to slither towards the openiing. Either he will allow her to leave so they can speak in a more civilized area or her people will simply undo Gersham's spell through the so called 'no consequence' technology he chooses to ignore.

Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:35 pm

“Oh, I would much rather get to other matters, that has certainly not changed and this was of little concern to me over all but might prove to be interesting.” He had not bared her way. He usually did not enter into deals though and had been called forth on occasion for his sexual prowess since Incubus did not often embroil themselves with politics save for manipulating events behind the scene.

“In my short time here I have learned of a sector in space that is now destabilized due to war. A few key moves can topple this. My interests are minor, and you would not care for them either given the two pieces of jewelry I have already mentioned though in this reality I am lacking underlings to pull off such alterations that you perhaps can spare and increase your influence. But naturally my first thoughts trump these trifling matters.”

Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:03 pm

Vespira really did not have much reason to listen to this demon any further. She had encountered many creatures that try to create a first impression and this demon has probably produced the worst. He pestered her with nonsense, assaulted her, and yanked her into a magical dimension. The Gorgonian was finding it difficult to find someone who performed worse in memory.

"You have made it very clear that you are not interessted in anything but wassting my time, demon," she hissed as she returned to reality. Guards were already filtering in the room with weapons at the ready. "I have sseen more primitive racess show more diplomatic sense than you," Vespira hissed, "Leave and hope the others are as forgiving as I for bringing war to thisss place of peace."

Continuing this discussion in any form was just not going to happen. Gersham literally attacked Vespira and now expected a conversation? Whatever galaxy he claims he is from must be nothing but fools. So either Gersham will leave or the guards will open fire. Fighting here would not go well for even a demon. Victory here meant declaring war on the crimelords participating in the art show. What he wanted was now on guard and more than ready to deal with more tricks he had in mind. Perhaps annoying Vespira was not the best way to get what he wants.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:49 am

He did not filter his gaze to the guards though he was aware of their presence, he could see some of them and feel the presence of others. He had thought about doing a bit more but he was not totally reckless either, even if he had little fear as evidence by how bold he had been. Either he had been totally clueless as to how things had worked in this reality or was deliberately testing her for there seemed to be little method in what he was doing.

Gersham had left an impression, a negative one which worked just as well seeing that he had a near infinite amount of time ahead of him that would be useful in the future though she may not have seen those aims. Though his main focus had still been guided by sex there were other factors that he had played with too.

Still in the shadow of the pedestal he made his exit though without too much fanfare, the hint of a grin on his features as he transported himself through the shadows as if he had not been there at all and in a way with his make up he was and wasn't either.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:17 am

Vespira watched the demon take his leave before turning to the manager of this art show. "Your ssecurity is dissapointing..." she hissed, "Include inhibitorss in the future. I rather not be yanked into pockete dimensionss while admiring the beauty of your art." Her mood ruined, Vespira took her leave and would soon be back on her cruiser continuing on with her business. With how her day went, she rather just cut her losses and continue with her work. Hopefully, she will suffer less rude interuptions this way.

Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:26 pm

They had inhibitors though the strange physiology of Gersham had not allowed them to lock onto him for he was not real in a sense though the energy readings would allow them to modify matters easy enough in the future to defend against this as the machines had been calibrated to deal with many sorts of creatures thus far and this would be a few hours of a tech analysis matters and tweaking existing tech easily enough to make it work as it should.

“We have them, they must have been sabotaged,”
that was the simplest matter though one of the guards had contacted additional security to look into that ASAP. If that was the case then there was a blind spot in security somewhere, a hole that needed to be filled.

Suffice it to say security had made a more visible display in the art gallery due to such boldness though there were no further incidents as she made her way to the ship and away from the exhibit itself.

Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2