View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 First Contact (For Minerva) 

Location: Somewhere in the darkness unseen, naked and being tortured
Post First Contact (For Minerva)
For most of her life Xui was just a floating rumor about the agents and most of the scientists, her entire existence was supposed to remain silent as she went on missions hidden from other agents though as time went on as it always does, her free will asserted itself.
"I want a room in the barracks with the other agents Liam! so what if I'm only two sixths human! I WANT A ROOM."

it took several weeks for her request to be forcibly granted by the fleet admiral. She was given a private quarter and then began to recieve missions, though her access to community places within the headquarters was still heavily restricted. legends grew of an agent that never failed a mission, one that had taken on forty beasts at once with nothing but her bare hands and got out without being raped... all these stories were massively over exaggerated, four had become fourteen had become fourty and she'd only been sent on fifteen missions in her short career by that time.
people caught glimpses of her now and then when she headed down to the deep labs, more rumors spread about a red scaled monster with wings and a tail that wandered the halls of the headquarters unchecked, the brass shot down the rumors as quick as they began.
((for note this takes place on a time when nalia was at a mission before she and xui met, just a flashback))
She soon received a letter to report to the central debreifing room. She stood on stage behind a curtain.
"There have been many rumors going around... of a monster wandering the halls unchecked... these are false... it is not a monster. I would like to introduce you all to Commander Xui Ta of the newly commissioned ADD battle ship Wanderer!"
the curtain opened and Xui stepped into the spotlight. they were whispering, things Xui couldn't hear. 'what the hell is she?'
was probably the most popular of them.
The debriefing ended after a short description of what Project Xui was... and then they dispersed...

For several months whenever Xui would head to the Mess agents would clear away at least five feet from her in every direction, she sat at a table and the two tables closest to her were empty as though she would infect them with something.
and that brings us to today.

Xuita had gotten a nearly raw steak and a glass of something... whatever it was it was bubbling and hissing a little as she drank it, making sure not to get any on the table or her uniform. She took her index claw and slimpy used it as a knife, again careful not the cut the metal tray beneath it. As always she was completely alone, the platinum blonde agent wearing her usual black and red uniform, it had been colored as such to match her scales and play off her hair and eyes, it did well.

Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:09 am

Post Re: First Contact (For Minerva)
Minerva didn't know to make the myserious Xui, she looked as alien as the very creatures the ADD had fought. She had the same rumors about the Drahn hybrid, that she was extremely tough and able to take on many people as once. Still the red headed agent knew enough that she couldn't rely on rumors alone. Those tend to be overly exaggerated and unreliable. There was only one way the young woman would learn anything about Xui, and that was to meet her face to face.

Minerva walked into mess hall and found the alien had eating alone at a table, none of the other agents would get any where close to the alien. Of course see the drink bubble and hiss, probably didn't help. Neither did her cutting her stake with what looked like her claw. Still this was the opportunity the red head was looking for. The agent took a deep breath and then walked up to mysterious platinum alien.

Excuse me, I am Minerva Rocha, it is nice to meet you. The red head held her tray as smiled to ADD's newest agent. The young woman made a motion to an empty seat at the table in front of the alien, I was wondering if I could join you for lunch?

Please PM me, if you want to RP a mission with me!

Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:27 am

Location: Somewhere in the darkness unseen, naked and being tortured
Xui looked to Minerva for several moments in silence before glancing around herself. For a moment she tried to glance around Minerva to see if someone was looking over to see what was happening and no one was.
"Oh, you're actually talking to me of your own free will? Well uhm, yeah you can join me."
She sounded human in every way, if it wasn't for the red plated forearms and hands, and claws... alright so it was obvious she wasn't human by looking at her.
”Nice to meet you Miss Rocha, it's nice to know i'm not a complete pariah! I mean I guess it makes sense, I don't exactly look very friendly, and they don't let me use the utensils because they're afraid i'll break them...”
she shrugged softly.
”Probably also doesn't help that my favorite drink happens to be made with hydrochloric acid... so yeah you probably don't want to try it huh? Since... y'know it would melt your insides.”
a nervous smile, she didn't really know how to interact with humans or any life forms at all, her life had been in a lab before now and Minerva was the first human agent willing to talk to her. She took a long guzzle of her drink licking the liquid from her lips, it didn't even leave a bit of a red mark on her. She idly stirred it with a free claw.
”So uhh... what now?”

Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:25 am

Minerva smiled as she sat down at the table with Xui, it nice to hear such a pleasant voice from the person sitting across the table. Even if that person didn't even remote look human with her red scaled arms and claws. Still it was nice to know that the old adage was true, you couldn't really judge a book by its cover. Still when her new alien friend mentioned that her drink was actually made of hydrochloric acid, Minerva almost instinctively flinched away from the bubbling concoction. Xui seemed to picked up on her new friends fear and took a long drink from her cup, seeming to enjoy like it was a glass of chocolate milk. Still the alien was wondering what was next. Well, I wondering if I could learn a bit more about you. Just to better understand you...since I don't get an opportunity to talk to someone like you. And if you have any questions for me, please fell free to ask.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:15 am

Xui finished her acidic drink licking her lips gently as she put the glass down before she'd reply.
”You want ta know more about me? I'm guessin' you were on a mission when the brass talked about me. Well, uh I guess I can give ya somethin' about me. I was born in the lab, my father's name is Liam, he works... well... I'm not actually allowed ta tell ya where he works top level sorta classified knowledge stuff, but it's here on the station I can tell ya that much and I've been on this station all my life more or less 'cept for the dozen missions I've been on since I turned eighteen.
she paused for a moment leaning forward onto her palms –the only part of her hands that had human looking skin.
”So tell me how is life up here in the barracks for agents normally I mean. I've only been up here fer about... two months maybe? And I mostly just stay in my room and here; don't like really unnerving the other girls... oh an' what else would ya like ta know about me Minveva?”

Xui Ta 'property of the A.D.D.'

Laele; quiet, proper girl

Alison V. Ryder: Endless font of energy

Karayah; The Gray Queen
20% less insane. Currently: debating options & ill

Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:08 am

Minerva watched as her new friend finished her drink, the young woman listened contently as the alien told her about how she was born in a lab and spent her entire life on the station. Minerva felt sad for the Xui, the redhead couldn't imagine a life where that she ad spent her entire life in a lab and not having the opportunity to enjoy a normal life like herself. So when the alien leaned forward and asked her what like was in the barracks for the agents.

Ummm, where do I begin. Well, we are often talking about how was life back on Earth before we joined the ADD as well when we do well on missions. Sometimes we do have parties to celebrate a birthday or a victory or simply just to brighten the mood. If you ever wanted to visit me in my room, you are more than welcome to come by.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:07 am

she sighed softly offering little more than a smile to Minerva as she spoke about how the agents went through their daily lives here on the station in the barracks. one thing caught her mind.
"Well, thank ya kindly for the invite Minerva, you're welcome to visit me in my new room too. but, may I ask ya somethin' more? I've heard the name a time or two, it always comes with a bit of fondness... could ya tell me some about Earth and the people there? A whole third of my genetics and all of how I was taught to behave does come from there after all and... I'll never get ta visit... since... ya know... non-human sentients... we can't get closer than alpha centari... long as that deal has ta be in place."
she sounded a bit tearful when she said that last bit, but her eyes didn't water; she wouldn't let them infront of another agent or another living thing... part because of her pride and part because they were just a little acidic.

Karayah; The Gray Queen

Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:17 am

Minerva sighed a bit as Xui asked about Earth. Well, Earth is an amazing place. I spent my entire life there before I came to the Antares Base. There is all of the different environments on the planet: beautiful oceans, forests, mountains, and other amazing sites. We humans have created all sorts of different cultures all over the planet, they all offer something unique. Of the planets I have visited, I never been to a planet that had a diverse landscape and a diverse people as those on Earth. The young agent took a moment to collect her thoughts realizing she might be making her new friend sad. I am sure we can find some pictures or movies about the Earth if you want. But I will say this I don't think would ever met you if I had remained there, you are quite amazing you know.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:40 am

She listened without a word as Minerva explained earth, her explination had mad Xui feel a bit sorry that she couldn't see it for herself in person; it was enough to bring a tear to her eye, it was no stronger than citric acid.
“I'm not sure pictures would help, they might just make meh feel worse that I might never be able ta see it first hand. Ya know what I mean?”
she tried to explain with a bit of a faint smile drifting to her face
“But, yeah thanks fer telling me I'm Amazing, I get that a lot from the lab techs, since I am something that shouldn't exist. Reptilian and Mammalian and a lil bit amorphic at tha same time. Get the scales and density, strength and what not, tha human mind, look, sensibility & vocals, tha amorphic acidic qualities... it's tha amorphic that lets tha mammalian and reptilian DNA work together ya know...”
she spoke about the experiment that made her more than about herself, she assumed that's what minerva had meant, an amazing marvel of science.

Karayah; The Gray Queen

Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:40 am

Yeah, I suppose I do know what you mean. Minerva felt like this conversation was going the wrong way. The poor alien felt like she was more isolated and less of a person than a experiment now than before she had talked to the redhead. It was time to change her tactics in the conversation and make it more about Xui, as a person. So is there anything you are interested in, such as hobbies or music. The young woman smiled a bit in hopes to find something for the two talk about away from missions.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:49 pm

Xui thought for a moment about the words, she knew what hobbies were. They were things that people enjoyed that they did in their spare time just because they wanted to... she also knew what music was; enjoyable sound played rhythmically to create a set of notes in a melody sometimes including a vocal component.
“Well, hobbies... no never really had all that much spare time ta try anythin' with all the examinations, lessons, study an' needles. Music though, I listened to a lot of music while I did all that lot of piano and violin; some electric guitar, drums, keyboard & bass with an' without vocal sometimes with violins an' stuff like that,I really liked that sort; Some rhymning word with electric sound... not too bit a fan of that type.”
She didn't know what Genres were though... they weren't important enough to put into lessons. Deciphering what sort of music she liked wouldn't be 'too' hard.
“Also enjoyed some of the literature I read during lessons before I began training.”

Karayah; The Gray Queen

Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:28 pm

Minerva blinked for a second when she heard Xui answer. It surprised and angered the redhead that the scientists were so busy studying this person that gave her no chance to learn any hobbies. People should be allowed to develop on there own, Minerva thought to herself. So you do look music, I should go through my collection and see if there is something you like. Although I will have to warn you alot of my stuff was picked cleaned by sister before I left home. However if you like literature, I do write alot about the places I visit, I could give some of my articles to read. Minerva hoped that she would be able to enjoy sometime elsewhere in the station. I like to show some sports that I enjoy when we get the time.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:15 am

Xui smiled slightly, it was nice to be seen as a life rather than a project or tool. She tapped her claw against the table thinking a bit when she mentioned sports.
“Well thank you, I'd like ta take a look at your writing sometime. And sports do kinda sound pretty fun. I have plenty of time right now, got no missions or orders or anythin' like that 'cept for takin' a look at my command whenever I get around to it.”
she stopped taping her claw when she realized she wasn't being careful enough. The small pinhole in the table she'd cause was a bit off putting; most things she'd encountered had been treated to prevent this, she had to learn to be a little more careful with her idle habits.
“Yeah, I'll be more careful with your things, I promise that right now.”

Karayah; The Gray Queen

Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:56 am

Minerva smiled, Well maybe we can play something right now if you are up for it. I am we can find something that you will be able to play. It was then that the agent noticed that her friend had been tapping her claw against the table and had managed but a small hole in it. The agent thought to herself to avoid any contact sports. Xui for her part looked embarrassed and promised to be more careful with Minerva stuff if she let her borrow it. Well you won't have to worry about the literature as we can always print more copies. As for my music I am pretty sure you will be careful with them. The redhead smiled at her new friend to reassure her.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:34 am

Xui straightened up before she stood to dust off her skirt a bit; on an interesting note the skirt and all her clothing looked a bit unusual despite being an average red ADD uniform. something about the material was off; this was so her claws wouldn't tear through her clothing if she scratched an itch.
"Alright, it'll get me out of here for a bit."
she couldn't help but be uncomfortable in the crowded mess. people couldn't help but look at her, either curiously or angrily remembering their failed missions and the inhuman things that had hurt them. Racism was alive and well in humanity and for pretty good reasons for the first time in recorded human history even if it wasn't against other humans.
"some other time you'll have to show me other sorts of hobbies too. I'm sure reading isn't the only thing that doesn't takes a lot of physical exertion right?"

Karayah; The Gray Queen

Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next