View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 7:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21  Next
 What are you playing? 

Post Re: What are you playing?
Finished Anodyne, almost done with second playthrough of Antichamber. Been playing and learning La Pucelle Tactics for a new Let's Play that my subscribers voted on.

Also currently downloading Sang Froid: Tale of Werewolves Beta. ^.^

Oh and still playing Sword of the Stars: The Pit

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:47 pm

You seem to download a lot of games; can a person run decent computer games on an ordinary laptop? I have heard that PC gamers often purchase expensive, custom-made computers for the purpose of gaming. Is this entirely necessary, or can I download decent games onto a flash drive and play them on a standard, unmodified laptop?

Send a PM anytime you feel like an RP with Natsuki. She's not shy!

Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:56 pm
Profile YIM

The computer I am using is several years old. And my older one than that can run pretty much all the same things.

Emulator games should hardly be an issue. Most games also have settings should there be any issues. Heck, you can just read the system requirements if you are that worried. ^.^

The games I play are not that advanced. I mean Anodyne is 8-16 bit graphics. PC games are meant for a wide variety of specs unless you are talking about AAA titles which are rarely worth the price tag.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:05 pm

Any chance I could get links to some of these games? Possibly via PMs so as to avoid further cluttering this thread? It sounds like you have a fair library of games and emulators.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:09 pm
Profile YIM

Well alot of the PC games are on Steam.

Touhou games I just do searches for mainly. (http://moriyashrine.weebly.com/labyrinth-of-touhou.html) Has a bunch of games though I don't know if they come with english patches or not (some games don't have an english patch at all).

Emulator stuff I just use (you can just google these)...

nestopia (Nintendo)
Snes9x (Super Nintendo)
pcsx (playstation)
pcsx2 (playstation 2)

Playstation and Playstation 2 requires you to have the proper BIOS to run properly. Beyond that, you can just search for whatever games you like ('Chrono Trigger rom' or 'Brigandine iso' for example). Then you open them through the appropriate emulator.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:22 pm

I'm loving Antichamber. After making some notes, I did a run from start to end in half an hour. (I'm sure there are other people who can do it a lot faster, but I enjoyed figuring out HOW to do it quickly. :D ) (Just the guns, though, not EVERY branch and picture.)

Dendrite, irresistibly helpful tentacled alien! Message me to move your completed threads.

"You've got to be able to fuck when they can't."
--Jason Carter

As seen on Something Awful!

Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:49 am

Still playing La Pucelle Tactics. Finally beat Sword of the Stars: The Pit on Normal difficulty. Played some Evoland which I found to be disappointing (it is more of a parody and even then, it is not that good).

Tried out Path of Exile which is pretty entertaining and free as well. Made a Sorceror on Tera and been playing it with a friend I played Vindictus with awhile back.

Recently bought the Kerbal Space Program. So far, I managed to get into Kerbal orbit and failed to properly intercept the Mun. XD

Edit: Oh and I forgot about Bleed. That game is fun. You play as a girl who wants to become a hero by killing all the other heroes. And she drinks milkshakes!

Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:53 am

Well guess I will keep this going since I'm the only person who likes FUN! ^.^

Been playing Terraria with a friend. Also got into the Card Hunter beta so been recording that and showing it off on my channel.

Card Hunter is a single player online collectible card game rpg with a tabletop look to it. Instead of collecting cards directly, you equip gear and those pieces of gear have cards attached to them that are added to your deck. So while one item may have a really good card, there is a chance that it has a bunch of negative cards along with it. There are the standard classes and races (Warrior, Priest, Wizard - Human/Elf/Dwarf) which influences things like health, mobility, and what items they can equip.

You go through the game with a three person party, doing small oldschool style modules to get exp and loot. There is also multiplayer where you pit your party against someone elses.

Other games I've been playing is Eador Masters of the Broken World (still), Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (squeee!), and got back into the Project Zomboid Alpha. Yay for zombie survival games!

Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:27 pm

Heeeeeey! I like fun too!

Just started playing Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings again, still playing Empire: Total War but without any mods since a friend of mine just got the game and wanted to play against me; he's regretting it. XD Still playing a bit of Pokemon Black 2 whenever I'm out and about but meh, I liked the older titles better.

At the moment, most of my game time is being eaten up by Dead Island: Riptide, which I both love and absolutely hate, stupid zombies sneaking up on me...

Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:37 pm

Got stuck on a battle in Card Hunter (stupid OP dragon!). Been playing some Touhou Soccer 2 again to continue working on my Let's Play for that.

Finally installed Awesomnauts and been trying that out. Just been fighting bots of course. Got the game from a bundle awhile ago.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:39 am

More Eador: Masters of the Broken World. Played a bunch of Civilization V: Brave New World, really good expansion to the game.

And playing the Early Access of Mercenary Kings which is an action platformer with gathering and crafting. Also the art style is very Metal Slug. XD

Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:17 am

Apologies for the triple post. Now what have I been playing...

Civ V: Brave New World (Finished recording my Let's Plays of Venice and Assyrian Empire)
Eador: Masters of the Broken World
Finished my alpha playthrough of Mercenary Kings
Played the beta of Unholy Heights (Game where you play as the Devil running a motel for monsters while dealing with adventurers attacking, essentially a Motel Sim mixed with Tower Defense)
Payday 2 (alot of fun though I recommend finding a group of friends or peoples to play with)
Spelunky
Skullgirls Beta (not very good at this game though I can get some decent combos done)

Think that is everything. *nods*

Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:49 pm

Hate Plus is out! I got that for myself as a birthday present. ;)

Also, I (finally) got into Minecraft. I've been logging onto a public server and creating a secret underground lair that no one has yet found. Heheheh...

Dendrite, irresistibly helpful tentacled alien! Message me to move your completed threads.

"You've got to be able to fuck when they can't."
--Jason Carter

As seen on Something Awful!

Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:28 pm

Saint's Row 4.

Fun. As. Fuck.

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:18 pm
Profile WWW

Valkyria Chronicles.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:31 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21  Next