View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Quagga - Zebra Girl Diplomat 

Location: Somewhere in Space, Near Floating Coal Mines of South Jersey
Post Quagga - Zebra Girl Diplomat
Bala here with my attempt at an SFA. She's incomplete and possibly contradictory. Biology isn't my strength and I've never invented an alien species before.

This post is about Quagga. The post right after this one is about her species, the Cabbyl. That should split up one huge post into two really long posts.

Thanks to Saira for inspiring me to create an SFA and to Agni for the idea and a lot of the research and for repeatedly asking, "how do they...?".

Sexy Female Alien Bio/Profile

Name: Quagga
Sex: Female
Place of Birth: Cabbyl, City of Boehmi in the 23rd Prefecture, Quokka Province
Hair Color: Black & White mane with gold tips in white sections
Eye Color: Aquamarine Image
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 215
Bust: 38DD
Waist: 25
Hips: 36
Skin Tone: Black & White (black with white stripes for those who care) (And actually white. Not that pale, tan color that passes for white in humans)
Pubic Hair: None. (Except for the mane, body hair does not occur in her breed. She is bald except for her mane.)
Sexuality: Like most Cabbyl females, Quagga is bi-sexual.

Distinguishing features: Looks like a humanoid zebra complete with mane with humanoid head. Mane runs from forehead to small of her back. However, she does NOT have a tail. Quagga usually does not wear clothes. Diplomatic Corps brand at top base of right breast.

Background:
Joined Cabbyl Diplomatic Corps 6 years ago. Assigned deep space missions on the Etosha 1 year ago. Negotiated agreement with ADD 5 months ago. (see History)

Psychological Profile:
Perisso's Disease, a malady which afflicts around 1 in 30,000 Cabbyl: Quagga has the abnormality called Perisso's Disease. Due to their gregarious nature, most Cabbyl cannot go longer than a few days without the company of fellow Cabbyl. Perisso's Disease is an abnormality in a Cabbyl that makes her unable, unlike most Cabbyl, to spend years, months, even days, in continual close proximity to others. They are able to spend months without companionship. An impossible feat for normal Cabbyl.

Personality:
"overly friendly"; "close talker" - often to the point where her breasts are pressing against the other person; completely open, though as a diplomat, has been trained to hold back in certain situations. The combination of her openness, proximity, and nudity often mistakenly convinces males that she desires sex with them. This is not a problem for Quagga as she likes sex and is not overly particular about her partners (provided they're humanoid). Despite this, she has absolutely no desire to have sex with slavers. She finds them repugnant.

Virgin? Not even close. Since Cabbyl mature at age 10 (equivalent to 18 in humans), she has been doing the sex thing for over forty years. Mother of two adult children, both healthy females in their thirties (equivalent to 19-20 year olds by Human standards).

Piercing or Tattoos: Diplomat emblem branded at top base of her right breast. Shield shaped. 3" wide by 2" high. "Cabbyl Diplomatic Corps" in Cabbylic. (Cabbylic script looks like a cross between devnagari and cyrillic, the scripts used for Hindi and Russian.)

Language: Cabbylic, English (with accent that sounds Russian), Japanese (ditto accent), Intergalactic Common (I assume there's some standard, intergalactic language.) (ditto accent, maybe intergalactic Russian?)

Likes: Nature, swimming, arobics, singing, dancing, soap operas (esp. Days of Our Lives), sex.

Dislikes: Slavers, deceitful people, cruelty to animals (including captivity), the whole concept behind Shokushu (though the diplomat in her understands the need for it), chocolate, cats.

Activities:
On long space missions: reading, physical training, self-help therapy to overcome Perisso's Disease.

At starports or on diplomatic missions: reading, physical training, bar hopping, dancing, kareoke sex (just noticed the missing comma there. I'm leaving it alone because I kind of like the concept of Kareoke Sex. Follow the bouncing ball! :)).

Miscellaneous:
What more do you need to know? Although I will note that there is a certain irony to my two characters. Small, weak Bala, who was sent to the island to be prey for monsters is a ferocious fighter. Tall and strong Quagga, who allied herself with the ADD to fight evil is meek at heart.

Magic? No.

Weapons of choice: Long range blaster, combat staff

Equipment:
Diplomatic Mission: Wears an anklet on her left ankle, a bracelet on her left wrist, a waist chain, and one of two necklaces that lays just below her diplomatic brand. When necessary, carries a diplomatic pouch with important papers & equipment. When needed, has various types of clothing, most of it backless, to wear. Has ebook listing aliens and how to interact, what clothing, if any, is needed, faux pas of which to be wary, etc. Kind of an encyclopedia of alien diplomacy for Cabbyl.

ADD Mission: On ADD missions, reluctantly wears an ADD uniform modified with an open back for her mane. As needed, wears her hand blaster on her hip, wears her rifle blaster over her shoulder, carries her combat staff, and wears a waist pack with important mission equipment.

Fighting style: Prefers ranged combat. Despite her impressive strength and some martial arts training, she avoids the hand-to-hand thing because she thinks that she is weak. Relative to her species, she is. But to most other aliens, she is not.

Overall, Quagga is not the combative type. Even when firing a blaster, her aim is not that good. She doesn't like to do the combat thing and avoids it as much as possible.

History:
Quagga began a normal Cabbyl life. After growing up, she bummed around in far away Natal for a few years before returning home to settle down. She joined a harem and had a foal. Several harems and three years later had another foal. Shortly after her second child, Quagga's Perisso's Disease appeared. She found the constant contact with others in her harem, job, and social situations less and less tolerable. She found it hard to keep a job since most were designed for multiple Cabbyl. Even the scout ship she operates today, which would be considered small and confining for one human, was designed for a crew of five (with one bed). Quagga went to several psychiatrists, but they couldn't help her.

After languishing this way for decades, an opportunity to enter the Diplomatic Corps arose. "Must be able to work alone" caught her eye. After years of rigorous training, where among other things she learned, how to keep a secret; how to negotiate, for which she had a knack; and hardest of all, how to live and work while wearing clothes, she graduated near the top of her class.

Quagga's proudest day was when she received her Diplomatic Corps brand. She has since negotiated or helped negotiate treaties with several planets. And in her biggest coup, she negotiated her aid to the ADD in exchange for considerations for Cabbyl. She gladly would have paid the ADD to let her work with them. And the treaty meant that her government couldn't forbid her from helping them.

Motivation: Joined diplomatic corps for two reasons. First, she was, and still is, excited about her people's desire to branch out to other planets. Second, her affliction makes her very self conscious around her own kind. She can escape their stares by going off into deep space. She continues to try to find a cure for the dreaded malady.

She allied with the ADD because it's the right thing to do and because She abhors slavery. When your ancestors were hunted for food and clothing, you don't forget, no matter how long ago it happened.

Special Attributes:
Commune with nature: Cabbyl are able to communicate with most animals. The ability to communicate ranging from simple emotions to complex thoughts depending on the creature's brain power and closeness of its thought patterns to the Cabbyl. This same ability gives the Cabbyl a certain level of telepathy amongst themselves, though it seems to manifest at a subconscious level. The range of this communication seems to be whatever is most convenient for role playing purposes. :lol:

Has regeneration ability (result of DNA manipulation during Felid Captivity). Wounds heal quickly. Entire limbs may be regrown in a year's time. Head means dead though. Scars are rare. However, branding does not heal, possibly because that's the way the Felid wanted it. If a brand is to be removed, the skin is surgically removed and regenerates without the brand. (During the Felid Captivity, the surgery was performed without anesthesia.)

Eyesight, hearing, senses of smell and touch are more acute than in humans.

Their denser muscles make the Cabbyl stronger than humans. While Quagga has below normal strength for a Cabbyl, she is still much stronger than the strongest, unaltered human. (She and Iria may be equal in strength.)

Behavior: Despite her abnormality, Quagga is still a Cabbyl and loves to interact with many people and species. She has a ready smile and is very understanding and forgiving of men who stare at her chest. (That is also the reason the Cabbyl make it the location of the diplomat's insignia. :))

Capabilities: Is an accomplished navigator, both terrestrial and in space. Is a skilled negotiator. Is a reasonably competent ship's engineer, able to fix most minor problems with the Etosha.

Weaknesses:
Quagga lacks resilience in physical combat. She still believes that she is physically weak, even when dealing with weaker races. If a combat drags on, she will begin to doubt that she can defeat her opponent. This will lead to her failing or giving up.

May be sent into false heat relatively easily. One would think that this weakness would lead Cabbyl women to wearing protective clothing. However, strong psychological barriers prevent this. Speculation is that this is the result of something the Felid did during the Captivity. What clothing they will wear consists of gauze like, mostly transparent cloaks or, when working on machinery, thick, loose fitting coveralls.

Quagga is also too trusting in others. Due to her training, she is wary when dealing with others in a diplomatic setting. But when the setting is social, she cannot phathom why the other person would lie.

Ship/Vehicle:
Her ship is the DSSS 1701 Etosha, an armed, long range scout ship. It can operate several months without need to refuel or resupply. It has a single cabin with a bed large enough for five Cabbyl. On it are four 6-7 foot long stuffed animals in repose (2 zebras, 1 mule, 1 thing humans would call a dragon). On a corner of the mirror in the bathroom (which has no door) is a sticker with a lion pouncing towards the viewer with the words "Face your fear" in English.

It holds a single vehicle: a single person, brown, open cockpit land/water vehicle she named Natal. It is very rugged. And despite her best efforts, has many scratches and dents along its body.

The Etosha's cargo hold is roughly the size of a one car garage.

Requisite lesson information
Species: Equus quagga, formerly Equus burchelli, is the plains zebra.

I can't confirm this. But they tell me that 1701 was the number of the Enterprise from one of the Star Treks. DSSS stands for Diplomatic Service Scout Ship. After seeing the new Star Trek film, it seems that 1701 was the number of the original Enterprise.

The Zebra Lady paintings were done by Olivia De Berardinis.

Felidae is the biological family of the cats; a member of this family is called a felid. (Family in Scientific Classification)

I made up Perisso's Disease, although it is similar to agoraphobia. The name comes from Perissodactyla, which is the Order for Zebras in Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Subgenus (Scientific Classification).

Two of the areas where one can see the plains zebra are KwaZulu-Natal, a province of South Africa; and Etosha National Park of northwestern Namibia

Cabbyl is Manx gaelic for horse.

The Quokka (Setonix brachyurus), the only member of the genus Setonix, is a small macropod about the size of a large domestic cat. Like other marsupials in the macropod family (such as the kangaroos and wallabies), the Quokka is herbivorous and mainly nocturnal.

Equus quagga Boehmi (Grant's Zebra) is the smallest of six subspecies of the Plains Zebra.
Attachment:
Final_ZebraLadyTwo.jpeg
Final_ZebraLadyTwo.jpeg [ 60.15 KiB | Viewed 24051 times ]

Attachment:
Final_ZebraLady3C2.jpg
Final_ZebraLady3C2.jpg [ 34.84 KiB | Viewed 24047 times ]

Attachment:
Final_ZebraLady1C2.jpg
Final_ZebraLady1C2.jpg [ 50.06 KiB | Viewed 24044 times ]

Links to Character Profiles found here.

Profiles:
Cabbyl information

If you want to set up an RP, send me a PM.

[A Bala production]

Last edited by Quagga on Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:01 am, edited 5 times in total.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:40 am

Post Re: Quagga - Zebra Girl Diplomat
Cabbyl info

Family unit is called a harem. A typical harem consists of one male and four females. The exact numbers can vary, usually from 2-8 females. Harems rarely remain intact longer than a year. Typically, a harem changes one or more members every two to three months. Some will completely disband within two to three months of forming.

The harem is also the standard work unit of the Cabbyl. Whether a security guard or office worker, a Cabbyl will work as part of a unit of usually five. Most jobs are held by women. Women are mostly in charge. Through all this, clothing is almost never worn. The only exceptions are for medical reasons, protection reasons (such as a radiation suit), or for cleanliness reasons (such as coveralls when working on oily machinery).

Estrous cycle: Cabbyl females go into heat for 3-4 weeks every twenty-four to thirty-six months. During true heat, they must have sex and have it often. Modern contraceptives prevent unwanted pregnancies. A Cabbyl would be shocked at the idea of abortion. This attitude is likely due to the perfect record of current Cabbyl contraception. If one did not want a child, why did one become pregnant? True heat is the only time a Cabbyl is capable of becoming pregnant.

Most Cabbyl babies are female, 4 or 5 females per male born. Gestation is about 6 months. Mothers bear sole responsibility for raising young. Other members of a harem will help out. Society in general will also help out. Children are raised till age 10 when they mature (equivalent to 18 in humans).

Cabbyl birth certificates only list mothers. Lineage is traced through mothers. A Cabbyl likely will have little more than a guess of who its father is. (Mom was part of that harem when I was born. But she was part of two others earlier that year.)

Unlike their equine cousins, Cabbyl can be stimulated into a false heat. This makes foreplay a must for female enjoyment. As females tend to be in heat at different times, males never rut (or maybe they're always rutting, like human males :)). Males are always ready and looking for sex (just like human males).

Cabbyl biology is a mix of human and equine. Cabbyl have no canine teeth and an enlarged cecum compared to humans. Their diet consists solely of grasses, fruits and vegetables. They are unable to digest meat and become ill if they accidentally ingest it. They are able to digest milk, and they even like it. But they have no source since they do not domesticate animals.

Their ear lobes typically lay flat in a recess. If they hear something that they wish to locate, they can move their ears to very accurately triangulate on the sound. When extended, their ears look like a cross between a horse's ear and an elf's ear.

The species is long lived. Typically living 200 years, the oldest recorded Cabbyl lived to be 237 Terran. Cabbyl range in height from 6'3" to 6'10" with an extreme few a few inches outside that range. Average height is 6'8" for both males and females. Females weigh slightly more for a given height than males.

There are several breeds of Cabbyl (the exact number of breeds subject to role playing needs :)). The differences in the breeds are mane lengths, body & mane colors, stripe patterns, height and weight ranges, the presence or absence of a tail, and the presence or absence of fur.

Earth scientists in the know have dubbed the Cabbyl Homo burchelli. William John Burchell is the scientist who first classified the Cabbyl as a "new" species. He felt the "Homo" Genus was appropriate despite the lack of any evidence that the Cabbyl evolved from the same branch, let alone the same tree as humans.

Over a millennium ago, the Cabbyl broke free of the Felid Captivity. For several millennia before that, the Felid had frequently raided the Cabbyl planet to harvest Cabbyl for food and pelts. They manipulated Cabbyl DNA and practiced selective breeding to make the Cabbyl more suitable. To this day, the Cabbyl refuse any contact with the Felid Consortium.

I envision Felidae as humanoid African lions. They walk upright, have lion like front paws with more pronounced fingers and opposable thumbs. They keep the heads, tails and overall body fur of lions. They have a spoken language. The shape of their mouths makes it impossible to make some human sounds as well as making it impossible for humans to replicate some Felid sounds without electronic assistance.

Requisite Lesson Information:
William John Burchell (1782-1863) is the scientist who first classified the plains zebra (Equus quagga formerly Equus buchelli).

The cecum is the part of a mammal's (as well as some birds and reptiles) intestines used to digest grass.

As of 2008, human life expectancy is 66.12 years. Obviously, it is much higher in the United States and other developed countries.

Zebras are described as black with white stripes rather than the reverse for the following three reasons:
1. White equids would not survive well in the African plains or forests.
2. The quagga, an extinct Plains zebra subspecies, had the zebra striping pattern in the front of the animal, but had a dark rump.
3. When the region between the pigmented bands becomes too wide, secondary stripes emerge, as if suppression were weakening.

Basically, the white stripes of otherwise dark zebras is where some kind of pigment suppression occurred.

Zebra girl drawing by an unknown artist. I lost the link to the drawing and cannot find it again.
5/23/2012: I found the artist. He's someone who goes by ResidentPerv at Fantasy Artists dot org. I've linked to the image. If this is too large, let me know and I'll post a trimmed version.

Not affiliated with the 2004 Takashi Miike filme "Zebraman".

Profiles:
Cabbyl information

[A Bala production]

Last edited by Quagga on Thu May 24, 2012 12:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:42 am

awesome profile! I love how much thought and detail you put into this. care to see how she deals with an unrepentant robot slaver some time? :D

ADD: RLS-90, Cyborg Spaceship

Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:49 am

Wow, what a great profile and great idea! I'm jealous!

OOC RP Likes: Domination, humiliation, forced sex, comments on her body, bondage, transformation, breast play and growth, and elaborate mind-fucks.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:14 am

I agree !

Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:37 am
Profile YIM

Alucard might have fun with her, although she probably wouldn't be too happy about it... (mutters something about "hunting for food" under breath)

Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:44 am
Profile YIM

Is it food or pleasure ?
For me pleasure .

Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:47 am
Profile YIM

Thank you for your kind compliments, everyone. I worked hard on Quagga and the Cabbyl. I'm glad you like them.

No need to be jealous, Gwenyth. I didn't come up with the idea. Agni did. And every time I thought I was done, he'd read it and ask me another question.

I'm looking forward to Quagga meeting each and every one of you monsters. I'm rather busy of late so please be patient.

Alucard: What was that? I thought I heard something while you were clearing your throat.

Profiles:
Cabbyl information

[A Bala production]

Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:46 pm

I just think that an encounter between the two would be very interesting...

Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:35 pm
Profile YIM

It would be very interesting indeed. I'm adding a few threads now and I can't handle too many. If you don't mind waiting, the two will meet someday... :wink:

Bala - Hindi Girl (Student) ; Hitomi - Basement Queen (Student) ; Anagopt - Web Star (Student) ; Quagga - Zebra Girl (SFA) ; Keefa - (Gladiatrix) ; Gambo - Zombie (Monster) ; Fluffy - Pirate!! (SFA)

Author of the 1500th post in the original ~Corrupt a Wish~ thread in Trivial Pursuits. (1899 posts)
Author of the 1500th post in the second The Banned Game! thread in Trivial Pursuits.
=========+=====

Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:06 am

Of course, I don't mind waiting, deary!

Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:24 am
Profile YIM

I just read through your profile, and I have to say. My hat's off to you Bala. You really outdid yourself with Quagga. She's amazing and it's obvious you spent a great amount of time and effort in coming up with her characer concept. I think it's especially neat that you gave us a brief history on the Cabbyl.

You rock ;]

Thank you Naoko for the Sig, you are my heroine <3
.oOo. Nasty, Evil, Wicked and Mean .oOo.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:46 am
Profile YIM

Thanks, Shai. I plan a longer reply, but I have a serious edit to get to first.

Serious Edit
I just noticed a few minutes ago that I hadn't mentioned that Cabbyls at age 10 are the quivalent of humans at age 18 until my second post. This probably raised a few eyebrows of you folks when you read under the "Virgin?" entry that 52 year old Quagga had been having sex for forty years. That is now corrected to show that no underage sex happened.

Sorry about that. That was just a case of me knowing the information and not realizing that the reader did not.

Profiles:
Cabbyl information

[A Bala production]

Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:04 am

Wow, great profile! Hope to see you around the station!

Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:07 pm
Profile WWW

Very nice profile, well thought out and written. Hope to run it the lovely zebra gal out in space sometime.

Mon May 25, 2009 6:44 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next