View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Myra V'al, Artifact Hunter 

Post Myra V'al, Artifact Hunter
Name: Myra V'al
Species: Vodani
Age: 42 (21 human years, Vodani age at about half the rate of a typical human)
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 124 lbs.
Eye Color: pink
Skin Color: Caucasian
Skin Texture: Smooth
Bust: 38D
Waist: 34
Hips: 34
Appearance: Myra has pink hair and blue eyes in her natural state she has no legs but rather a fish-like tail. She can “Shift” into human form and appears very similar to her natural state though in such a form she has legs. She can only take one shape and it is always the same.

Personality: Myra is firm but nice to those that haven't betrayed her trusts but very vengeful if a trust is broken and does not forgive easily when she does so at all.

Strengths: Magic, Shift, Strength
Weakness: Rage of the Sea, Water Dependency

Fighting Style: Myra, while stronger than the maximum human ranges, prefers not to fight head on unless trying to subdue a weaker opponent. For her there is no shame in retreating and coming back at a problem with reinforcements or by using magic if appropriate to the situation.

Motivation: To gather the lost artifacts of the Vodani people.

Bio: From the Royal hatchery titles were given amongst the Vodan in order of their birth. Since they were all Royals that was the only fair way to sort out lines of succession amongst the Vodran so as each egg hatched the Vodran would be bestowed titles that grew less and less prestigious until the last Vodran emerged.

Myra could have been Queen but that was not her fortune. She was born last and as such she was assigned to the position of High Priestess of the Vodrani church. She fell into with fervor as Vodran took to their tasks eventually learning water magic and how best to alter the currents to her advantage.

But it was something in the records of the Church she found one day that had her turning over the responsibilities of the church to a younger sister who was born in a different brood than hers.

There was a list of Vodrani artifacts that had been missing for some time. Lost to fallen Empires and colonies or hidden away and forgotten about so Myra has taken it upon herself to travel the stars and search out these artifacts returning them to her people.

Now with Wave Breaker she travels the stars in search of Vodrani artifacts.

Waking up was strange … she was a prisoner of the Undine. How she was a prisoner she did not know. Areas of her memory had been gone, other parts had been fuzzy. Her mind had been played with often enough, whether by Vespira's hypnosis to Greo's healing of her mind to Arblis.

All she could think of was that her mind was resetting itself. She wondered if it had been something that Greo had triggered, that some of his healing was dormant or took some time t work it's way through her mind.

Yet, that had not truly explained everything such as how she was here … the last thing she recalled was boarding the Undine vessel, fighting with Arblis and that agent at her side then fog. Was she captured? What had happened? She had not truly understood, though her recent focus turned to escaping her current predicament before it was too late, now minus her ship. If successful it would be the beginning of a new start.

Abilities
Magic: With a touch the priestess can impart water breathing on a subject for one hour renewed with additional touches though these touches cannot be forced. She also has control of liquids rising and lowering them or shaping them though she has no powers over the liquids within a living target. The more complex the matter she is trying to do, however, the more concentration it requires. Her control over such things, however, is fairly limited.

this touch allows for speech under the waves. Myra can speak under the water with perfect clarity.

Shift: Myra can shift her appearance to take on the aspects of a human while above the waves. She is only capable of assuming the same human guise.

Strength: Myra is slightly stronger than human maximums. She is only considered to be of average strength among her people, however.

Vulnerabilities
Rage of the Sea: Myra is slow to anger but when angered she tends to stay that way at a person indefinitely unless the person goes to get trouble to make up for the slight. This rage the Vodran possess is legendary where the Vodan in question will put themselves in harm's way to exact vengeance if possible.

Water Dependency: While she can spend about 12 hours on the surface she grows deathly sick if trying or kept from salt water. After being sick for an hour she will die if not returned to the waves in a timely fashion.

Vodrani Religion

Priests and Priestess can revere individual deities in the pantheon (save for Veros who has no worshipers). Once promoted to a High Priest or Priestess a Vodran must worship the entire pantheon.

Only the priests leave the home world on a regular basis. As a result they are the ones that over come the species xenophobia and promote the interests of the species among the stars.

Coral
Vodran's wife who's renown for her playful side. She holds sway over the passions of love, more the romantic side as Tempest adheres to the side of lusts.

Tempest
Vodran's younger sister with a temper even worse than that of her older brother. She governs storms and the volatile nature of relationships.

Uhran
The Vodran God embodies art work in all forms as well as music and other such pursuits. Her is strong and is revered for his strength though his bouts of melancholy are the basis of many Vodrani plays.

Veros (Kraken)
Not a deity that the Vodran worship per sae but homage is paid to him at funerals. He presides over death and destruction and is seen as the embodiment of destruction. Humans refer to him as Kraken as he resembles a giant squid of immense proportions.

Vodran
The creator deity of the Vodran race. He is the embodiment of the ocean and unlike his children is quick to anger and quicker to change mind as evident by the shifting tides of the planet that bares his name. The currents are forever shifting and the tides chaotic on account of the 16 moons that have influence on the oceans at various times.

Vodrani Sexuality
The Vodrani are very sexual creatures. Unlike humans they are freer with sexuality. Every five years a Vodrani has the desire to spawn where they go on a sex romp for about a week with other Vodrani. Those not on the homeworld are not affected though and it seems that this is some form of psionic compulsion that sweeps over them.

They are usual straight and only have interests with other Vodrani to perpetuate the species. When off world they are more prone to experiment with other species and genders once they overcome their initial xenophobia.

Vodrani Slang

As The Tide Flows – going with things also mentioned as swimming with the current.

By Vodan's Beard - Something obvious. Literally 'Duh!'

Tempest's Fury – Gripped with rage or anger as in one under the effects of the Rage of the Sea.

Top Sider – Air breather

Swimming with Veros – Dead as in he or she is swimming with Veros

The Undine

The Undine, the hated enemy of the Vodrani who have invaded the Vodrani home world in the past to get at their supply of sentient “psionic” living corral. They have both lungs and gills though must moisten their scales regularly.

The males are blue and smaller though when reaching about 20 years the under go a sex change, their scales deepening to a dark green and they develop a passage for egg laying that serves as a vagina.

At this stage their cocks become retractable.

Fingers and toes are webbed and the males are mute while the females possess psionic talents allowing them to “speak” underwater. The two species hate each other with a passion and will not help one another in most cases.

Most Vodrani would die at their hands letting their Vodrani rage get the better of them.

Myra has been hypnotized by Vespira to crave Undine cock and can resist the pull for it for a few weeks before desperately craving it like a drug addict looking for a fix. And since Vespira has the only two “safe” Undine she knows of she is driven to return again and again for her (humiliating) fix.

An Undine lives only 30 years or so on average.

Last edited by Myra V'al on Sat May 07, 2016 4:11 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:03 pm

Post Re: Myra V'al, Artifact Hunter
Seems alright though the weakness seems rather dangerous. I assume the ship has a means of providing salt water to avoid this while in the depths of space?

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:05 am

It does, though I had a bunch of stuff on the ship I cut it out on the final walk through as I didn't want it to come out as too strange of powerful. I was going to have the ship run on alternate power and be full of water but impossible for her to repair if damaged to greatly. Maybe just a room of something with a pool of salt water would work best, not too strange and it would make repairing the ship easier.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:03 am

I love her picture, super pretty!

Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:45 am

I just wanted to say welcome. And to say I really love your character concept!! An underwater oriented character is very unique!

Please PM me, if you want to RP with me!

Fri May 10, 2013 7:35 am

Thnks, silly me I didn't subscribe to this thread :lol:

Alynia: Thank you :)

Octavia: I was going to request an rp with her soon, I was running her through something via PM and was just hammering out the Vodrni religion before I introduced her somewhere seeing how she is a Priestess the religion fctor was bound to come up at some point and I didn't want to scrmble for answers.

For the Vodrani I took merfolk as a base and played around with it in an effort to make her species fairly unique.

Fri May 10, 2013 9:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]