View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Bounty (for Krisna) 

Post Re: Bounty (for Krisna)
Krisna didn't wait before she pressed that button, luckly it only opened to the entrance of an old elevator. Krisna simply smiled at Inar as he turned to glare at her, oblivious to what she obviously did wrong. "If hes associated with the pirates then he should be nice right!" Krisna said with a smile as she fallowed Inar into the elevator. "Your a pirate! and Dessy is a Pirate! So he must be nice! because you two are nice!" Krisna claimed, her logic cute and naive but obviously flawed as she simply stayed behind Inar as he worked the controls to the elevator and ordered it to the lower levels. Krisna simply hummed a tune as she stood behind Inar as the cute traveler simply enjoyed the adventure she was having with her dear friend and the excitement was only getting better as she waited with pure glee for the doors to open.

The elevator doors opened to a lab of some kind, Krisna didn't instantly know kind of lab it was, however given the equipment she theorized with was some kind of chemistry lab as she instantly spotted the beakers, tubes, and vials before she noticed the most interesting thing of them all, the green vat and the alien who was observing the entire process of his unknown research. Inar was already drawing his pistol, the trigger happy hel'corian peaking back at her wondering how to proceed as Krisna instantly looked to Inar and shook her head. "Ah! no!" Krisna whispered frantically moving to Inar's side as she reached out to have Inar lower the gun. "Put that away!"

Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:36 am

“Former pirates,” he corrected. “Most people in that line of work are pretty rotten. Scorch dissolved the Iron Vultures more or less and I wasn't going to follow the person that wished to continue on so I left ...”

He wouldn't exactly say that he was nice. Krisna got to see a gentler side of him, he was a mercenary now more or less. Part time treasure hunter like he was now between the jobs and tasks that he was assigned.

He hoped to get a good score from being here, it would allow him to take more time off between jobs. All this was a distraction but they had to deal with this would be pirate. When she whispered to him he lowered the blaster pointing it at the floor rather than at the alien but he refrained from holstering it so it was at the ready.

“I can't do that. Sky told me to watch out for you.”

Whether they were too loud or the alien had good hearing the gaunt one turned around jumping in response to their presence. Its face was blank, alien and hard to read but it's reaction spoke of it's surprise.

Hands shot halfway up and it spoke in some strange language saying something, probably don't shoot or I surrender, they were the most logical after all.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:42 am

"Yes you can!" Krisna whispered back as she reached out to have Inar lower his blaster. "Watch out for me by not hurting him!" Krisna said as the two had theri short little argument, deciding their plan of action as Krisna refused any kind of violence, while Inar wanted to at least keep his guard up, however either way the two were being somewhat vocal about it as they both got the attention of the mysterious alien who was working in the room before they both showed up.

Krisna and Inar didn't notice at first, it wasn't until the alien let out a series of words that even Krisna didn't instantly know did the pair suddenly snake their eyes to the alien who instantly put his hands up. Krisna in a sense of her own panic would suddenly do the same, throwing her hands up into the air as Inar more then likely trained his blaster on the alien who was already surrendering. All of this happened in a mere second as Krisna's Omni tool already in the process of translating the aliens language.

"AH! Narnar! dont shot!" Krisna said with her hands in the air in the same way as the alien they frightened as she kindly graced the mysterious alien stranger with a sweet smile. "We come in peace." Krisna said softly, nodding her head as she carefully approached the mysterious alien, doing her best to show him that they were of no threat. "Its ok... I'm a friend!"

Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:29 am

Inar turned toward her and blinked. “Put your hands down, I'm not going to shoot you!” He shook his head, sighing but not helping but smile in the process. As she lowered her hands the alien followed her lead but slower until Inar's blaster returned to him and those hands went back up.

He wasn't satisfied until he patted down the alien setting aside some strange tool he found on one of the tables. Then he lowered the blaster, took a step back and let the two speak.

The tool was unusual and at first Krisna did not know what it was. Then something click from her education, the tool was out of place in this time period and while not up to par with her OMNI it was a distant prototype that only specialized in doing a few things.

Without inspecting it further it was hard to say what this one did but clearly the tech had to be scavenged from somewhere … yet it was impossible for it to exist in the present. Either her records had been in error or someone else came back, losing it or giving it away but there were many different safeguards in place to thwart that.

Her OMNI kicked in translating a language that while rare in her time period it still existed for the most part. This was an older dialect, not all of the words translated well so the OMNI had to take in various things like body language and minute readings to fill in the gaps.

“A fiend?” The alien blinked a few times then nodded at his misunderstanding. “OH! You mean friend. Can I put my hands down now? What brings you here travelers? I'd offer to get you drinks but they are upstairs. Oh, I think I have something left over in my footlocker just over there.”

He kinked his head in the direction of another corner where the footlocker resided. Inar allowed him to lower those hands and indicated to him to set aside the clipboard. The alien seemed a bit surprised to have guests, a bit chatty and Inar wondered if the guy was a bit of an air head.

“Have you come for the specimen? He's not ready yet. Not responding to cocktails A, B or C. D has minor effects but I'm not sure he'll be ready any time soon.”

Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:44 am

"Ah! But your gun!" Krisna said with alarm, knowing that Inar was aiming at the alien. He would never shoot her, however she raised her hands above her head non the less in what was a rather cute and funny turn of events as she seemed to only copy the stranger alien's own act of surrender, however as Inar told her to do so, so did the alien.... which only seemed to add to the silliness of the situation.

Inar would par down the alien as Krisna watched, it wasn't until Inar pulled a strange tool off the alien did she take interest as she instantly fallowed the tool that Inar tossed to a close by table as she quickly went about examining the strange new device, reaching out to pick it up as she felt its handle and how it felt familiar in her hands.

"Oh! What this?" Kirsna said with interest as she let Inar continue his search as she would grip the device, and examine it with her own two eyes before she would reach to her holster where the Omni tool was held and draw it. Krisna flicked her wrist to access the holographic display as she seemed to compare the two before she simply used her strange advanced device to scan the other unknown tool before her eyes went wide at the alarming discovery as the holographic screen on her Omni tool went red fallowed by a soft -beep-.

"what? how? This isnt..."" Krisna said out loud as she examined the new device, turning it side to side before she looked to Inar suddenly, her eyes only shifting to the alien just as her Omni tool finished translating his language enough so she could easily communicate.

"Uhm yes...." Krisna said, looking to Inar who allowed the alien to put his arms down. "Sorry to intrude.... uhm.. no... I dont want a drink.... thank you...... we are just exploring.... Nar nar said that there might be some interesting things to discover on this planet...." Krisna said before she held up the strange tool Inar took from the alien. "So far Nar Nar was right....." Krisna said with a strangely lucid sounding serious tone of voice, her eyes looking to the chatty alien with a gleam of focus. Inar would recall that she was usually very air headed, and bubbly, but right now, her demeanor seemed very calm cool and collected, as if the tool she found sparked something in her head...

".... No.... I didnt come for the specimen..... This device.... where did you find it..." Krisna said with a demanding tone, holding the device up to the alien as she stepped past Inar gripping her omni tool.

Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:44 am

“What is it?” Inar glanced to her hearing then seeing her interest. He quickly glanced back to the alien and if it were hostile or planning something it could have used that slight distraction to get the better of them. It did no such thing, looking at Krisna, her OMNI translating as she came closer.

Inar moved up taking her by the arm but there was no force behind it. If the alien was going to do anything he didn't want her to get too close preferring instead to be attacked. He gave a slight shake of his head hoping that she'd pick up on the danger.

“Oh? The Traveler gave that too me. He re-calibrated it so that I could use it to save the specimen.”
The alien said while gesturing toward the tank. “That was a long time ago, before even the pirates but there gone now. All the good drinks are upstairs.”

Inar was a bit confused but he didn't drop his guard. Diplomacy wasn't his thing so he let Krisna handle things here. He was interested in the treasure, not this, but Krisna was his ride out here and he did arrange to get her here based on the information he recovered. Something for him, something for her, it was perfect. And, yes, Sky wanted her data too.

The alien didn't know the name of the Traveler. A description wasn't much help either, to the alien most everyone looked alike. He could tell species apart but not individuals among that species unless there were a big difference between them. He seemed to describe a human male, or human-like being.

The Traveler, brought the specimen to him a long time ago and wanted him to fix the specimen. “I have tried countless things but barely get a reaction. The Traveler said it was important to restore the being. He … it … they … I'm not sure how you would describe it, is the last of their kind … or this collection of beings. There are many of them but only one of them … the organism is a time capsule of the species I believe. Numerous consciousness reside in that single body.

“I thought you were here to collect the specimen. Then the pirates came, then a group that defeated them, now you.”

Inar was a bit confused about the secret elevator if the pirates didn't know about it so he was a bit suspicious about this story but said nothing at the moment.

Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:11 pm

Krisna didn't answer Inar, at least not right away, her focus remained on the alien who once held the device she know clutched in her off hand as she glared up at the stranger with a stern look in her eyes, it wasn't until Inar moved up beside her and took her by the arm did the young traveler sudden snap out of her serious lucid trance as the hel'corian man would see her bright blue eyes dull almost as they snapped to his. The look in the travelers eyes was almost lost, confused, as if she forgot where she was for a brief moment afther she got her hands on the device and realized what it was, however the episode seemed to vanish as quickly as it began as Inar would see her regain focus once again. "Oh! Nar nar! Uhm... right... I... I'm sorry I got a little distracted..." Krisna smiled once her eyes met Inar's, her head cocking to the side in the same cute and bubbly manner Krisna was famous for.

"Its a omni tool.... well a lesser model.... it doesnt have a ID code.... atleast not one that came on in my scan... this should not be here.... This is bad....very bad...." Krisna said softly, stepping back as Inar instructed before her eyes met with the strange aliens as he once again began to speak. Her omni tool doing its best to translate his words. "Travler?.... what travler? Tell me who it was!?" Krisna said with a almost commanding tone, her voice almost sounding worried, that spark of her old self showing its self again as she stepped forward, Inar likely stopping her for her own safety, however all the questions Krisna asked, the alien seemed to have no answer to her questions, only that he seemed to describe a human male.... or a humanoid being.... either way the one questions Krisna asked only left her wondering more and more.

"What specimen? What do you mean restore it?" Krisna asked, allowing him to explain, however the more he seemed to explain the more Krisna's cute face twisted in worried confusion. "I-I.....UHmm... me?" Krisna paused as she winced, her head seeming to have a sharp pain, however she managed to refocus her eyes on the alien. "Take me to the specimen.... I... I need to see it...."

Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:26 am

“An OMNI? That's bad isn't it?” Inar said recalling that all events to the future had been off limits, which was a shame since he could have made so much money. He glanced at the tool seeing that it looked older but similar to the one that Krisna carried with her.

He attempted to follow the line of questions but was more confused than Krisna. She at least had knowledge of these things so this tool being so out of place didn't hit him as hard. The tool was in the future from the point where they met and time had elapsed so technically they were in the future but he sort of always assumed it was a distant future.

Prevented from getting to close the alien gave them a blank look as he pondered her question. “Yes. You. You are here presently ...” Well at least it hadn't been one of those sorts of things where she had been here in the past before without recalling it, or so it appeared.

“The specimen is right there. Come this way,” he moved over to the tank and sure enough there was something inside but it wasn't humanoid. It was some sort of amorphous being that twisted and constantly shifted in form. It appeared as a dark greenish blob that was introduced as the specimen.

“I am doing little but keeping it alive and the knowledge of an entire world.”

“This world?” Inar questioned and the alien gave him a quizzical look and then a noncommittal shrug.

“I am not sure. The Traveler brought me here and stressed how important it was for me to save this species … well, preserve it. The species is essentially dead but since there are so many conscienceness' within it all that history and culture remains if I can just figure out how to retrieve it.

“It's as difficult as reconstructing matter after it passes into a black hole. The information is still there but reassembling it is rather difficult at best.

“I'm afraid I do not possess much more information on this Traveler. He came before the pirates but I think he sent the pirates to this place as well. I have my suspicions but have been too busy to really care or ponder it too much. He did visit for a progress report after the pirates arrived but before that group came to get rid of them so I've expected since then that he had some dealings with the pirates at least.”

Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:09 pm

Krisna seemed confused and the way she held her head almost seemed like she was dealing with a awful migraine, however despite it all Krisna managed to level her head and nod to Inars question regarding other omni too, meanwhile her own's screen was flashing a haphazardness red. "Y-yes.... its bad.... its not... not sopost to be here..." Krisna stammered before she shook her head gently before she looked up at the strange alien with an unfocused look in her eyes. "... yes.... as far as I know... I'm here presently.... b-but..." Krisna said with another wince before the alien mentioned his specimen once again forcing Krisna and Inar to fallow.

Krisna seemed off balanced agin, her head was foggy, as if a great sense of this discovery was too much. Whatever was happening to her was almost effecting the O.M.N.I tool Krisna was still holding in her hand as well as the screen seemed to be flipping through pages, data, staying a bright red, instead of its usual light blue coloration. It was almost like Krisna's own O.M.N.I tool was trying to make sense of the situation and the discovery, however it could wait as the strange alien lead the pair over to the specimen allowing the traveler and her companion Inar to see it first hand.

Krisna simply glared at the amorphous creature in the tank with the same light sensitive look in her eyes she had since first laying eyes on the old O.M.N.I tool. Krisna looked at the floating mass of green slime with a look of what Inar could tell was a bit of pain as well what seemed like disinterest as she simply reached up again to hold her throbbing head and nod. "Your.... claiming this holds knowledge of a entire world?...." Krisna asked with a sigh before taking her free hand off her head and looked up at the alien curiously. " And.... this.... this other Traveler.... told you to save it?.... This... ah.." Krisna repeated before turning to the tank with what looked like an annoyed grimace. "This isn't good....... if a travler was here...... then I..... then that means the time distortion in this era is worse then SKI and I originally calculated.... and if thats the case.... I'm.... no...." Krisna said with another wince, her lucid self showing once more. ".... no... if that is the case then.... you..... I....... Him..... should not be here.... This! should not be here.... or have happened!" Krisna said waving her free hand at Inar, at the alien.... then the tank as she seemed frustrated. "Destiny..... Hope........ None of it...... I...." Krisna said with annoyance before she cupped her head again. ".... When....Ski... and I...suffered a malfunction........This is more then a malfunction.... this is a mistake...... its ageist the rules...." Krisna said before she suddenly paused and a fearful look over took her features. "T-this is ageist the rules!? I-I can get fired!" Krisna said with a short burst of panic before she turned to the strange alien. "This traveler! Why would he leave you all this?..... why would he leave his O.M.N.I tool!? Who were the pirates he dealt with!" Krisna said quickly, her voice almost in a panic as if this was a crucial problem that needed fixing.

Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:19 am

Inar was unsure of what was going on but he determined that it wasn't good. He moved closer to Krisna, unable to do anything about her state as he tried to make sense of her babbling. He picked out a few things, the captain's name and figured out that something was going on with her job and this other Traveler.

The alien watched on for the most part, either not understanding or caring about the reactions.

“Are you OK?” Then his voice dropped to a whisper as he leaned in closer to her ear, a hand winding around her waist to stabilize her on her feet in the event that she were to collapse. He recognized the signs of a migraine and calculated that there may be balance issue.

“If someone else is here then they're probably a criminal. Which means that they wish to save this thing for a nefarious act. The knowledge of an entire world or species can be very powerful.”

When the alien answered her question it did not seem that he was holding anything back. “He calibrated the tool and informed me how to use some of the basic functions to maintain the life force of this alien. I am not sure as to his relations with the pirates but whoever those soldiers were took care of them. I did not interact with them, nor did I ask him about his dealings.

“He brought me here to this place, set me up with what I would need and told me that I would be isolated so my work wouldn't be hindered. He did say something odd, that I was the best in my field presently. He did not simply say that I was the best or that those in my field, my predecessors, were better.

“It was a bit confusing at first but we worked out a bit of an arrangement. I would stay here and work on this problem. In return he would assist me with mine.”

If pressed the alien would reveal that his world was going through a bit of turmoil. He wasn't clear as to what but the Traveler was working to fix it and proved to him that he had the science to do so. That was some time ago as he had not seen the Traveler for a while now.

Thinking like a pirate, Inar nodded slightly. He didn't understand all this time travel and such but if the guy wasn't suppose to be here or doing what he did then he was working against his order or whatever the time travelers had for one. He was pretty basic himself and most of this stuff went over his head.

“Either he's doing something nefarious for his own gain or something that affects him morally that your bosses wouldn't approve of. I can't imagine that it's the later unless he did something that he feels responsible for like exterminating the species he's trying to save.

“I've seen your tech and can't think of anything that he would need or want from this time era but I don't know everything you have, lack or even the motives of your time. If he hasn't been here for a while then he's either still working on this problem on or near that planet or he's looking for something on this planet assuming that thing was part of the old species here they may have information that's valuable. There could be clues at the ruins. There is way too much to think about and second guess. How would you like to proceed?”

Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:22 pm

Krisna would seem deeply lost in thought, her eyes out of focus as if she was in a daze, a lucid daze, that kept her babbling and question, the omni tools screen a bright hazardous red at the discovery of this place, another Omni too, another traveler, the being that contained the knowledge of an entire world, it was alot of information to take in and with it the concept of being fire sent Krisna spiraling into a confused panic as she heard Inar's voice echo between her ears. This shock wasnt good for her mental state, not that her mental state was very stable in the first place, Inar already knew, however as he grabbed her and whispered to her Krisna's soft blue eyes finally focused and met with his. Inar would still see the panicked worry on her face.

"I... I dot know?.... I..." Krisna said as she looked her self over then to her omni tool that was still seeming to process this situation as if it were making a decision. "Y-You don't understand.... this is bad!..... this is very bad Nar nar!... even if that is the case there are many rules and..... rules and safe guards to avoid this sort of thing!..... SKI didnt detect any other collector in this time period...... but.... there is?.... or was?.... I-I can get fired for this..... d-do you know what that means!?" Krisna said before she suddenly wrapped her arms around Inar's shoulders to hug him. "Its means that the guild will terminate SKI, my contract, and then me!" Krisna said frantically, wrapping her arms around Inar. "It also means that this time can period is bad.... meaning everything I-I... I collect is worthless!" Krisna said with a soft gasp, her voice cracking as if to hold her emotions, her arms around Inar growing tighter before she heard the alien speak forcing her to turn her head to listen as tears began to stream down her cheeks.

"W-wait? He... the other traveler gave you the tool?...-sniff- and let you use it?" Krisna said softly, wiping tears from her eyes as she glared to the alien before her eyes shifted to the being in the tank. "This is.... bad.... who ever this traveler was..... he broke all the rules of the guild....." Krisna explained as she loosened her arms around Inar, her shoulders sinking as frowned nervously."If this.... man.... did all that.... then.... his own SKI.... should of...... terminated him...." Krisna explained before she looked back to Inar with a worried expression on her face before she simply released her hug on Inar and leaned ageist him. "None of this makes sense.... he gave up his omni tool.... a collector is only issued one......the guild would disapprove of giving tech to person of this era to keep...... borrowing is a gray area.... but letting them keep it for long term is.......insane....... Besides..... the his omni tool shouldnt...... Wait?.." Krisna paused as if realizing somthing as she wiped her hands along her tearful eyes and quickly brought back up her omni tool began to run her hands along the bright red holo screen it now represented. " The other travler.... his Omni too shouldn't work.... if he was gone.... then his system should of stopped....... meaning his ship is still transmitting power to his omni tool.... the range is not far...... hes still in the solar system..... likely here.... on this planet... which means I can track his vessel..... and we can go there and sort this mess out..." Krisna said as she used her omni tool and began the trace before she looked to Inar then the alien. "What is he giving you out of this..... I cant think of anything he would want other then that creature.... and if its already documented.... then what is he having it restored for.... it cant just all be fore information alone....." Krisna would say as she waved her hand at the tank with the strange being floating inside.

Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:57 am

He didn't understand what it all entailed. Inar maintained the hug, a strong embrace. Things were a jumble but he thought that he had followed things well enough. “Terminate Sky? And you?” The contract he could see if he got it right, it was just being fired from her job, which was a big deal to her though he didn't fully understand it.

Shaking his head. “That's not happening. They'll have to go through me first and I'm sure the captain, er, former captain will have a thing to say about that too. No one knows about any of this yet or else they would have already done that stuff. Which means we still have time to fix it. I don't know much about this time travel stuff and frankly it hurts my head when I think about it too much but if I'm guessing right it takes a bit for events to solidify in the future, that or whatever this guy is doing it's effects haven't been noticed yet which means it's nothing major until he completes whatever it is he's trying to do.”

Inar thought that this guy's Ski might have been destroyed, he didn't think that they were standard issue before as it was tough for him to think of Sky as a ship, AI or not. He was about to say something before she beat him to the punch, which was a good thing seeing that he didn't know the entirety of the situation.

“So he has a ship and it's close?” Inar thought that over, his attention swinging to the alien as it was asked another question.

“He is saving my world. I do not know what you mean about documentation, he used that tool there to take a reading, but as far as I am able to tell he needs or wants something that one or more of the sentient species collected in that life form has. Knowledge comes in many forms ...”

As if figuring something out Inar set a hand on her shoulder whispering into her ear. “Do you have knowledge of this thing in the future? If not then maybe it wasn't meant to survive and if the other traveler is attempting to get information from it then eliminating it here and now ensures that he fails to get it.”

It might have been simple but Inar was direct about most things. Of course he didn't expect Krisna to do it herself but would gladly kill that thing if it meant keeping her and Sky safe. His hand dropped subconsciously to his blaster. It was just then that her OMNI got the information that she was searching for.

Sky wasn't searching for a signal earlier since this anomaly was unexpected. Now that she knew what she was searching for Krisna was able to detect a faint trace, the ship or whatever was powering the device was close though the signal was being masked. Her tool was far more advanced then the older OMNI ans so she was able to detect these things now that she was searching for them even with them being hidden. An older OMNI may have been fooled but not her own.

The coordinates were in the direction that they had been heading before coming to this base. Inar gazed at her drumming fingers against his blaster. “Good news?”

Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:50 pm

Krinsa used Inar as a anchor as she had her moment of concern, hugging him seemed to help her think as she was eventually able to consider possibilities and even think of a way to track the other traveler down, or at least his ship, or other SKI unit, either way Krisna, Sky, and Inar were not out of the woods yet as she looked to Inar with a subtle nod of confirmation. "Yes! I think hes close....anywhere in the solar system... I should be able to track his location.... and if we are lucky find his.....ship?" Krisna said with a moment of pause, her eyes widening as she realized somthing important. "If.... if we find his ship? Then he might have a working wormhole driver?" Krisna said out loud as she considered the possibility before looking up to Inar with yet another moment of lucidity that she seems to hardly ever display meaning this situation was very very serious and then to the alien who spoke, however she more or less disregarded it..... thiat situation was a whole other level of weird.

Krisna appeared to be imputing commands on her OMNI tool when Inar came to place a hand on her shoulder and whisper into her ear forcing her to look up to him as she listen to his question. "I'm not 100% sure..... the archive is so vast that only a SKI unit can deceiver it..... usually when something or someone is scanned Sky checks to see if their isduplicates of the same data... the quickest way of knowing for sure is to simply scan it.... but if its already scanned I can get penalized..." Krisna stated as she simply looked to Inar then past him to the alien and the being in the tank with a moment of consideration. Inar would notice the look in her eyes, it was off, not like her usual self as she seemed to actually consider his point of simply terminating the alien stranger and the creature, it was almost out of character however eventually Krisna glared at Inar with wide focused eyes and shook her head. "Their isn't a grantee that it will solve our current issue..... so there is no reason for you to got to such measures.... however..... Sky is more perceptive then you think.... and she already knows the situation.... She has already considered glassing the base and 100 km area around it in an attempt to correct the paradox if necessary...." Krisna said with almost cold sounding voice before she returned to focusing on her OMNI tool as she sought the coordinates.

It wasn't as fast as Krisna liked, however eventually she was able to trace the mysterious travelers ship with her OMNI tool, fallowing the energy signature back to its location as she found the coordinates. "Yes..... the ship is somewhere east in the same direction we were going before coming here to this base... the other collector is masking the signal but I can still fallow it..... " Krisna said before she graced Inar with a smile, the good news seeming to return her to her old self. "This is good, if we find his ship we can figure this mess out. Also we can salvage any working parts that are still on board... and with luck... I can return to the guild with the my historical catalogs"

Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:21 am

“A wormhole … you mean like opening a gate between two points?” Inar asked hearing about such fanciful things in the past but never witnessing them first hand. As far as he knew it was just a theory but judging on the fact that it seemed possible some egg heads must have worked it out.

Next she would be telling him that black holes connected to white holes in other universes. Sometimes it was good not knowing all the science stuff. He couldn't make a blaster but he knew how it worked even if he was ignorant of all the science behind it.

It was a little unnerving that she actually considered his idea. Not that he wouldn't eliminate the beings before them but it went against her usual nature. He nodded at her reasoning though he didn't understand this glassing business. Cutting off an area? Or was that slang for destroying everything within a certain area. He chalked it up to future speak and left it at that.

“Alright, but if you change you mind,” he patted the blaster and a bit of relief at her smile as her old self returned. She even managed to get some sort of signal though there might be a small problem as he didn't know how her tool worked exactly. But Krisna was stubborn before about using it to thwart the gravity of the planet.

“Are you going to be able to use the OMNI to protect against the gravity and track at the same time, just in case we really have to move?” He wasn't expecting her to use it in that fashion as if were but if there were any unforeseen threats that they had to evade knowing before hand of any limitations told him of what options they had.

Bidding the alien ado for the time being they tracked that signal. Nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary save for her struggles with the gravity. They came to a cave, the signal strongest at that point indicating that the power source had been somewhere below.

Not his idea of a treasure hunt but Inar knew that he had to indulge Krisna if he were to steer her back on track regarding the ruins and the treasure that had been here, his big interest. There were no lights in the cave but something didn't feel right, something felt eerily familiar about the cave and she was the first to become aware of it.

The cave complex was a ship, the layout familiar despite the ship having had been here for quite some time. Floors, walls and ceiling had been covered in stone and the vessel itself had borrowed into the earth. But it felt too familiar, the layout was practically identical to her own vessel and her own had to have been modeled on it.

To confirm that this was in fact a ship some of the earth and stone could be dusted away revealing the metal structure beneath though whatever lights seemed inherit. The ship was dead for all practical purposes only a single power source could be felt farther below them.

Then they saw movement in the shadows briefly. Inar drew his blaster getting in front of her but nothing could be seen though the OMNI detected the spike in energy for a brief moment before settling back down to what it had been prior. “I take it that's the way we need to go,” Inar gazed at her seeing how she was holding up before his gaze went back to the shadows glaring into the darkness as if he could see something concealed by that darkness.

Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:49 am

Krisna didn't take much time to explain her strange phrasing twords the situation, Inar was only left to imagine the gravity of the situation by how she reacted twords the discover of another OMNI tool being present and the possibility of another traveler being in this time period. Either way Krisna didn't waste much time afther she got a lock on the power source as she was already moving to the door by the time Inar turned around to look at her. It appeared that fear of breaking theses rules of hers and the guild and the risk of terminating her contract out weighted the mission at hand, she didn't seem to even consider exploring for historical data or scanning relics, another strange notice that seemed out of character for her, however that sudden change showed just how serious things were. It was almost like Krisna's personality took a full 180 on discovering the possibility of another collector, however her usually bubbly nature seemed to speak through almost like a mask.

"Negitive..." Krisna answered with what again sounded like a more lucid and focused answer to Inars question as she walked with purpose twords the entrace of this run down pirate base. "The omni tool can only do one major function at a time or els it strains its own system.... its one of its many limitations....... a outfit load out would allow me but Sky didn't permit one." Krisna said with a informative tone as she moved to the threshold of the base ready to pass the gravity field and back on to the harsh surface of the planet. "I've been training for high gravity fluctuation...." Krisna said sternly before she passed the gravity fiend and almost instantly felt the weight of the planet gravity come crashing down over her shoulders, however Inar would be surprised to see that this time she didn't fall to her knees panting, or struggling ageist high G, instead the traveler paused for a moment, a strain on her face before she simply took another powerful step forward and kept moving fallowing her read out to the destination of this power source.

The OMNI's directional map took the pair across the short distance of a small waste land before leading them to a cave opening. The gravity was hard to move it but between Inar brute forcing his way through and Krisna's stranger then usual self they manged to reach the cave and venture inside with out much effort as Krisna in her search read the red out on her OMNI tool and took a in inquisitive look about the mouth of the cave as she closed the tracking function and instead fliped open the device with a new flick of her wrist. "Its too dark.... one moment..." Krisna said before she aimed the OMNI tool out infront of her and pulled the trigger. A sudden flash of light erupted from the thin "barrel" of the OMNI tool as right before Inars eyes a semi solid sphere of light began to take form. It was quick in its construction as it quickly manifested as a spherical drone that hovered off the ground in front of Krisna and Inar, shedding a bright soft light on the save level as a flash light as it hovered forward into the cave before Krisna fallowed.

"Come on... the other collector's power source is inside.... its below us." Krisna confirmed as she read the read out on her OMNI tool with a swipe of her hand as she fallowed her drone inside, Inar more then likely beside her as she weary looked around the inner cave walls, the ceiling and the floor before she slowly began to notice something was off.... "This cave..." Krisna said out loud with a soft voice, looking around the walls before she moved to one and ran her hand along the surface clearing dust and debri before her eyes lite up with surpise. "Its not natural?.... its?.... its a ship?" Krisna said with a sudden gasp of surprise, her eyes widening in shock as she looked around where the drone illuminated only to suddenly move quicker along the wall. "No! No way! this?... This is a EK-78?.... no? Its a EK-52? or maybe earlier?" Krisna said with a alarmed tone in her voice as she ran her hand along a surface of a wall, clearing more dust before suddenly Inar jumped into action as she noticed movement in the shadows just beyond the light the drone let off as Inar shoved past Krisna with his blaster in hand forcing her to look past Inar before suddenly her Omni tool let out a soft chirp alarming her that a sudden spike in power was detected.

"Yes..." Krisna said with a nod looking to Inar as he asked. "We should be cautious.... if the ships power supply is still active then some defensive measures may be active as well...." Krisna said to Inar before holding she held her OMNI tool up to her lips and whispered ageist it, however Inar didn't catch quiet what she said.

Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next