View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 2:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Resurfacing [for Nei] 

Post Resurfacing [for Nei]
It had been a long while since they had resurfaced after going into hiding. Quite a long while, in fact. It hadn't been all that bad, apart from being hunted by the ADD as usual and going to great distances to conceal both the machine and the human guise. Not that it was all that hard, actually. It was simply bothersome for Nakamura Takeru and a difficult idea for the machine to understand as it had never been programmed for this sort of thing, usually prone to just using pure brute force to carry out its missions.

In any case, Takeru was watching from afar, concealed within his private sanctuary and jacked into the power lines, trying to manage the forces attacking one of the major commerical powers on the planet in the hopes of acquiring new technology to assimilate into himself. Naturally, with Takeru resurfacing, it was no surprise that there would be several Obsidians engaging the building's security force and wrecking havoc among them.

By now, most of the civilians would have evacuated the area, removing quite a few unknown factors from his equations, which pleased the mastermind. He would have wished to use his soldiers but it would have been tantamount to waving a flag in the face of the ADD that he was still alive and still here after everything they had done to him. No, Obsidian would have to do. It was just a pity that there wasn't much challenge in the security guards fighting back. Times like these, he really missed handling Agents from the ADD.

The Juggernaut - "In the coldness of space and the proximity of blazing stars, I've fought both the terrors of this cold empty universe and the Agents of the self-righteous ADD. Every last one of them have underestimated me, calling me a monster, a murderer, an anarchist. What they fail to realize is... I'm far worse."

I'm always up for a RP! PM me and we'll talk! :lol:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:46 pm

Post Re: Resurfacing [for Nei]
It had been nearly a year since the ADD had dropped her off on Vanejin VI and Nei, now 19 years old, had begun leaving the communicator they had given her back then hidden in her room on the second floor of the bar. It was on a day that business in the bar was dead that the communicator finally went off and without missing a beat she mentally connected to the communicator upstairs and the waiting agent would hear a voice seemingly come from nowhere saying "This is Nei. Am I needed for a mission?"

The voice, scrambled by a security program, replied "Yes. Our sensors recently put in place on many planets have detected a massive attack on one of the major commercial powers of a prominent planet. The attack seems to be reminiscent of the criminal mastermind Nakamura Takeru who was thought to be either dead or incapacitated. He is a dangerous man who has defeated all agents who've come after him which is why we are requesting your participation in this mission: Capture or Kill the target, and disable any enterprises he may have established should he indeed be Nakamura Takeru."

Just before the commuicator flickered off the voice told her "An unregistered ship will be coming to pick you up at the port in half an hour to take you to the mission location. Good luck." With the mission briefing memorized along with the few files sent along with the communication Nei quickly closed up the bar and headed for the port, her green and black clothing drawing many alien eyes to her luscious breasts which were barely contained, and as she finally arrived there the ship mentioned to her arrived like clockwork and without a worry to who was piloting it she boarded it and allowed it to take her to her destination.

It was a quick trip and with no thanks to her transporter she stepped onto the planet in question not far from a large amount of power lines and the area in which the attack was supposedly coming from. She knew nothing about what was waiting for her and that didn't bother her in the slightest. Missions like this were what she was created for after all and with that in mind she proceeded forward towards the location the attack seemed to be originating from.

Please PM me if you would like to set up a RP with me.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:27 pm

Takeru smirked as the last of the security guards finally retreated, or in other words, they dropped their weapons and ran for it. For many, no amount of money was worth getting killed over. Because, how else would you enjoy your paycheck if you were dead? Receiving reports from each of the Obsidians, the mastermind then peered over one of the monitors and relayed further orders. "Now that the first wave has been dispersed, it's time to initate the next phase." The criminal smiled again as several more Obsidians emerged from the other side of the desolate street and began approaching the broken lobby, where the vanguard had engaged the guards.

It wouldn't be long before they broke through the building's defenses, not with the weapons he had caliberated them with. This, he knew intimately. Even then, he wasn't one to put all his eggs in one basket. For this reason, he had kept several more of the Obsidians in reserve, just in case. It wouldn't have done for him to resurface after all this time only to be crushed because of a lack of contigency plans. "We learn from our mistakes, don't we, Obsidian? Yes, we do. It's been a while but... This time around, we will not falter and we will not fail." A monitor beside him began to beep, alerting him to the presence of an approaching individual. Disregarding it as no more than an ignorant fool that didn't know better than to stay out of a hot zone, the masterind concentrated on coordinating the attack.

The Juggernaut - "In the coldness of space and the proximity of blazing stars, I've fought both the terrors of this cold empty universe and the Agents of the self-righteous ADD. Every last one of them have underestimated me, calling me a monster, a murderer, an anarchist. What they fail to realize is... I'm far worse."

Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:04 pm

Nei continued walking forward, coming into the hot zone, and she was seemingly unworried about the prospect of being discovered by the criminal as if he was such a mastermind she knew that he had likely learned of her presence soon after her arrival on the planet. Walking into the middle of the street in front of the building under attack and seeing the multiple Obsidians traipsing towards the lobby behind her she instantly recognized the beings as machines, nanobot creations to be exact, and she walked towards the area they had come from all the while connecting to the ones near her and making it so they could not detect her even as she walked right past them.

With the machine attackers seemingly ignored she left them to their business and continued towards the location she could sense the controller's commands coming from hoping that even if this was Nakamura Takeru he would be surprised that his machines completely ignored her. She carried no actual weapons herself so dealing with guards with so many would only prove troublesome to her completing her mission.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:47 pm

Takeru finally took greater notice of the newcomer, the hijacked cameras under his control zooming in on her. Well, this wasn't something he saw often, even in the lawless sectors of space. The criminal briefly wondered whenever she was affiliated with the ADD. He wouldn't have been all that surprised. They did count humans among their numbers, but that wasn't to say aliens didn't work among them. Given the gender and the appearance of the newcomer, Takeru felt it prudent to proceed under the assumption that this was indeed one of the ADD's finest. "Why am I not surprised. Always after me, always interrupting me." The criminal growled as he coordinated the Obsidians in their work but turned several to face the potential Agent.

When they allowed her to walk past them without raising any fuss, the mastermind was visibly taken back. This wasn't possible, he knew. It had to be a glitch or some sort of problem in the programming. There was just no way that his machines had failed to take notice of someone in plain sight. They were all equipped with the most advanced senors and detectors, after all! Then it occured to him that they could have had been disrupted somehow. It was likely that the ADD had worked on countermeasures against him. "But how could they know that I would be here...?" Sighing, Takeru took direct control of one of the Obsidians still in her way. The machine turned to face her, and even from there, Takeru couldn't see anything, even though the cameras showed her location. "What are you doing here, woman?" The mastermind's voice echoed from Obsidian, who merely stood where he was, unmoving except for the gleaming red 'eye' that kept on scanning everywhere in front of him, trying to find something.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:01 pm

When several of the machines turned to face her even as "blind" to her presence as they were she stopped momentarily and looked around at them before continuing onwards as she had made sure her modification was working properly. Which was likely a shock to their controller as when she continued forward one of the machines still in her way turned to face her and suddenly asked "What are you doing here, woman?"

She stopped and after ascertaining with her mental link to the machines that the speaker was indeed coming from their controller she replied "My mission is your capture or your death." She saw no reason to hide her purpose or to tell him who wanted to be rid of him as she was sure he would have had his own ideas to that from the moment he had first seen her. And as she watched the obsidian colored machine's red eye desperately looking around as it scanned everything in front of him she added "As you can probably already understand your machines here cannot detect my presence so they are quite useless so I would hope that you would have them lead me to you and save us both the time I would have spent searching for your real body."

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:16 pm

"Your mission... Is to capture me or destroy me. Don't be arrogant, woman. I don't know how you managed to disrupt Obsidian's sensors but I can assure you that it won't hinder him in the least. He was built to win at all cost, and he does that admirably well. Everyone that has come after me all shared the same fate. Leave now, woman, and you won't be engaged." Takeru stared at the monitors, examining the female with the cameras while he shared Obsidian's body, staring down at nothing while triangulating the Agent's location through the same cameras. Around her, the Obsidians began to shift their nanobots around, exchanging hands for various weapons, mostly electrical and plasma-based, though one shifted his arm into an over-sized blade. In the meanwhile, the Obsidians near him began to reconfigure their weapons into something that didn't require precision and accuracy, only a general area of effect. "Whoever you are, and whoever you may work for, I will not go down easily. Make your choice. Stand your ground and fall, or retreat and live."

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:41 pm

Her calm expression didn't change at all after his confident, almost cocky, statement boasting about the abilities of his machines to be able to win at all costs. She didn't respond at all even after he gave her the chance to leave now so she wouldn't share the same fate as her predecessors. She looked around without a worry as the machines began exchanging their large metal arms for weapons, mostly electrical and plasma based although one had shifted an arm into a large metal blade, and when they had finished their changes she finally replied "I think you are the one who's arrogant. If I can disrupt this Obsidian's sensors what makes you think I can't do more to them?"

"And as for your ultimatum I think I have quite clearly decided to stand and fight. My trip here would have been quite pointless if I was worried about my own safety." she told the voice before quietly linking her mind to the Obsidians surrounding her. Completely controlling so many nanobots will be quite troublesome. she thought to herself making a mental note to make their controller pay for her troubles after capturing him she set to work turning the obsidian colored machines against each other only leaving the one who was conversing with her alone to see if it had changed its attitude.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:10 am

"Then you will fall. Do try to not make too much of a mess when you're overwhelmed. Farewell then, there is a wealth of technology here for me to see to" The Obsidian that had served as the transmitter for Takeru then turned and began marching down the hall, continuing on its task. This left four of the Obsidians behind to deal with the meddlesome newcomer. They soon surrounded her on all sides, weapons held up and prepared to fire, with the bladed machine directly in front, blocking off the hallway. Takeru grinned as he watched from the safety of his sanctuary, multiple cameras brought up on his monitors, all of them feeding the Obsidians the location of the woman. It wasn't long until the Obsidian with the bladed arm suddenly reared up and brought the sharp weapon slicing down through the air as the others began aiming at the empty space, their weapons coordinated by Takeru, and began to fire. He was confident that this one wouldn't be able to escape, even if the machines were fighting blind. It wasn't like she could disrupt their movements, otherwise, she would have done already, right?

(I leave their actions up to you, Nei. :D)

Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:26 am

As the Obsidian who had served as the transmitter left the group to continue on with its task of taking over the building behind her she continued her work in completely taking over the complicated nanomachines. It was only as the four Obsidians began their attack that she managed to take them over and turned their focus onto their fellow machines two of them with guns shooting each other and the remaining two taking a shot to the head and a sword slicing through their torso before she stepped out from between them she then watched as they continued to attack each other pounding their nanobot comprised bodies into tiny puddles as their connections broke down from the barrage.

With his machines at least incapacitated for a time Nei left them behind and went towards the hallway where the machines had came from hoping to find their controller before he sent more of them to bother her. Even if she was completely outnumbered or being lead into a trap she seemed to be uncaring of her own safety no matter what he had in mind for her....If he can catch her that is.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:59 am

"I am not amused at all." The criminal glared at the monitors as the Obsidians began tearing each others to piece, the plasma weapons doing far more damage than he would have liked to see. There was something wrong here, he had to admit. It wasn't possible for them to miss the damn target and start attacking each others in confusion. That just didn't happen with Obsidian! She had to be disrupting them somehow. The fact that there were too many inconsistencies between the data received by the Obsidians and the orders he had relayed to them just proved it. Was it possible that this woman wasn't the only one here? That there were others nearby, using some sort of technology to hack into the machines? She had known he was here, after all. She had come with a mission to apprehend him, after all. Unless she was here alone and somehow had the ability to take control of machines. Telekinesis, possibly.

Well, in any case, he would have to adapt. "Let's see how you deal with long range weapons." The mastermind chuckled as several more Obsidians set themselves up in the hallway, preparing conventional weaponry. "Connecting to building security. Activating blast walls." Thick security doors began sliding down, cutting off other paths to the mastermind for the sole purpose of funneling the troublesome intruder into where he wanted her to go, into a trap. "Cutting power." Part of the building's power suddenly went offline. "Let's see you take control of machines when there's no damn power running to them. In the meantime, play with the boys if you must. I'll be waiting for you." Takeru then pulled up another monitor and began preparing his trap, sending in the last of his Obsidians in reserve. If he had his soldiers, this would all be ovr with already.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:14 am

Entering the hallways of the criminal's hideout after leaving the controlled Obsidians behind Nei was hardly surprised at all when thick blast doors suddenly began closing to leave her with only one path to take if she was to get to the criminal. "Funneling me straight into a trap? How predictable." she said outloud, not even bothering to connect to the doors controls to try and make a new path as it was quite obvious that he would have cut the power after seeing what happened to his machines.

Takeru would suddenly see her break into a run as she neared the waiting Obsidians as her prior attack on the other ones systems left her with a way to quickly take over their systems due to their connections with their boss. Not even waiting to see what sort of trap he had in mind for her she ran straight into their midst grabbing the arm of one of the controlled Obsidians and throwing it over her shoulder onto the floor with what would appear to be little effort. She then stepped on the downed Obsidian's chest grabbing the gun attached to its arm and pointing it at the others before saying "Shoot your friends."

Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:15 pm

"Predictable? How dare you." The criminal glowered at the monitor, the cameras picking up what she had said. Well, true, it was predictable but all the same, that was just rude. Enemies these days just didn't have any honor, did they? "Predictable, is it? Well, just you wait, meddlesome little brat!" Takeru growled as he watched the Agent take on more of the Obsidians, taking one down seemingly effortlessly and took the arm off. He just couldn't see how she was taking these machines apart, much less disrupt their actions and sensors. It was just as aggravating watching as the weaponized arm began shredding the other Obsidians quickly, still producing ammunition even in the state it was. He still couldn't detect any sort of signals coming from outside or inside the building that differated from his own. It wasn't possible at all for her to just say some crap like that and have the nanobots obey her. More and more, he was beginning to seriously consider the possibility that this female wasn't all she appeared. With no more Obsidians in the way, it would be a clear path for her until she got to the room he had prepared for her, the blast wall ready to drop as soon as she entered. "Conventional weapons, useless. Let's try biological attacks next."

Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:10 pm

With the Obsidians out of the way she turned the removed arm on its former owner, taking it out of commission, before throwing the gun out of the way and continuing down the now empty hallway. Likely, towards whatever the criminal in question had prepared for her troublesome intrusion. But it was also likely as she thought to herself that her easy destruction of his machines had peaked both his irritation and curiousity so she could have an advantage over his mental state.

Soon enough, Nei saw the hallway beginning to open up until she walked into a more open room and stopped just inside the door to wait and see what other things the criminal had planned to try and take the seemingly human girl down so he could continue with his ventures to take over this planet and its technology.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:30 pm

As soon as she had stepped into the open room, the blast door fell down behind her, sealing her off from the hallway. As with the others, the power had been cut off as well, leaving it immobile. Now that she was there, the criminal decided it prudent to not waste any time and play around instead of doing what was necessary. There were too many unknown factors and as such, she was a danger to his operation. And she had caused him too much trouble at this point for him to want to kill her now. No, he would capture her and interrogate her afterward. "Let us see how you deal with this." Aphrodisiac gas began to seep into the room quickly, pumped in by what Obsidians he had left that had arranged themselves outside the walls, using their nanobots to begin funneling the drug into the room. He wasn't aware of the fact that such drugs would not work on her, how could anyone have? Instead, the mastermind smiled as he watched, assured of his victory. "Fall, woman. You will learn to not underestimate me."

Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next