View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 8:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Uhran's Bastille (for Vespira) 

Post Uhran's Bastille (for Vespira)
The informant she had to pay told her that the filthy Undine had stolen the artifact from the ruins though she knew that it was a Vodrani originally she had been curious as to how the Undine had known about it.

It had taken most of the funds that she had to track the Undine from world to world after getting the model of their ship and where they had charted their next planet of destination too.

What she had been unaware off was that these two Undine were either either very bold or very stupid or both even as they had stolen from a Crime Syndicate. They were heading into uncharted parts and this was the last planet that she would probably have to catch up with them.

Now the Undine and Vodrani were at odds with one another. She would have offered to buy the artifact, Uhran's Bastille from them if it would have had a chance of working though do to the long hatred that the two species shared with one another she knew that there was only one way that she was going to get this artifact back.

She thought about taking her Tri-blaster though she left it seeing that this required stealth and made the difference between armed robbery and B&E if she was caught. Picking the electronic locks on the ship had been easy enough seeing that she had the right tools she purchased a few planets back that handled this.

While inside the ship though there was a chain of bad luck here … not only had the Undine returned to the vessel speaking over their plans and where they what they were going to spend their loot on but none of the three could imagine that a team of bounty hunters had tracked them down ...

Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:34 pm

Post Re: Uhran's Bastille (for Vespira)
Fear rippled through those who were assigned to security of the private home that was robbed. No one wanted to be the person that reported the incident to their boss and Mistress. But, it had to happen and Vespira's wrath came down on the incompetent individuals that allowed one of her prize possessions to be stolen. No time was wasted, no expenses denied when it came to taking back what was stolen from the alien crime lord. Hunters and huntresses were dispatched, using what video footage and clues there was to quickly track down the two Undine who dared to directly insult the Gorgonian.

A small pack of hunters managed to track down the Undine vessel to a remote planet in the far reaches of space. The area was uncharted, giving enough reason for Vespira to see to this matter personally. Her cruiser would map the region and search for anything of worth while also hunting down the two who stole from her.

As Vespira's ship set a course, the hunters flew to the planet and landed a short distance away from the Undine vessel. The hunter ship hissed open, revealing tall thin aliens where full body suits and cloaks that hid their seemingly fragile features. They wore masks with glowing green eyes. Their breathing was audible through the masks, either feeding them something they could breathe or ensuring that no sort of gas attack could be used against them. The bounty hunters quickly dashed out of the ship and proceeded to close in on the Undine vessel. Their target acquired, the hunters were to subdue the offenders and bring them back to Vespira to deal with. The reward was great, giving them all plenty of reason to hold nothing back in this mission.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:40 pm

Dammit! With the ramp of the ship being out there near the lounge area where these two idiots were boosting about how easy their robbery was there were only two ways she knew of off this model of ship. Both no doubt locked from the inside and probably alerting the cock pit that they were opened.

She had to weigh that decision, how likely that the Undine would notice. There was the top hatch and the cargo bay doors and loading ramp she could have taken. There was a door too where the ship could dock with stations or other ships but that was close enough to the lounge area that accessing it was probably going to be notice.

In any case she wasn't leaving without Uhran's Bastille, the Vodrani artifact in the form of the coral necklace. It was probably in one of the cabins and she snuck there while the others boasted about some such which had been stolen from someone called Vespira.

Even Myra had heard the name, some Crime Lord if her memory served though that didn't matter as she went about in an effort to steal back the artifact and get out of their before she had been noticed. The only thing other then her clothes she carried though was the harness with a few of her electronic tools for breaking aboard starships. Though she was unaware that things were going to get rather exciting very soon ...

Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:32 pm

The hunters closed in on the ship and were already preparing to breach. EMP devices were attached to the ship's hull. All entrances were covered with at least two alien bounty hunters with the exception being the top hatch which only had one ready to enter from above. The three women inside had no clue that things were going to get hot real fast.

All the EMPs detonated at once, frying the ship's systems immediately. With the ship's systems disable, no defensive countermeasures could be used nor could it take off and try to escape off into orbit. It was just a useless hunk of metal with the three women trapped inside. The lights turned off and from all entrances, the two Undines could hear the sound of the doors and hatches being cut into. The pair did not have long before the doors burst open and hunters filter in. They were armed with stun weapons, opening fire on anyone and anything they saw through their glowing green lenses.

Hunters would being searching for the necklace that was stolen from Vespira, currently unaware that a third person was already in the ship searching for the same thing.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:42 pm

All hell broke loose when she was in the cabin too. She had just found the coral necklace in a pouch along with a few other trinkets, coins she did not recognize a few gems and an ivory bracelet. She had taken the necklace out and slipped it into a pouch among a harness after admiring it for a moment then heard the eruption as there was a shoot out, mostly one sided.

What the hell!
Unarmed the only thing she could think of was to hide someplace though she had no clue that people had been here to reclaim something, something she now had on her person.

Her timing couldn't have been better! Though with them after retrieving that object she would be discovered hidden beneath one of the bunks. She might have eluded detection if it weren't for the fact that they were looking for that necklace as well ...

Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:18 am

The hunters opened fire on the two Undines. Their weapons released a powerful current of electricity that sent searing agony through their bodies. The two thieves found themselves growing numb before collapsing onto the floor, their bodies twitching weakly. With so many hunters attacking from multiple sides, they did not stand a chance.

The bounty hunters spread throughout the ship, checking everywhere for the necklace. Footsteps came closer to Myra's position. At first, her hiding place saved her. But, there was no way she could escape with so many people searching the ship. Eventually, footsteps came back and looked under the bed. A raspy voice called out to the others in another language. His weapon powered up and without warning proceed to fire the stun gun at the helpless Vodrani woman. They did not stop until her body too was steaming from the electrical current.

Myra would feel herself be dragged out from under the bed and her belongings taken before she was dragged out of the ship just like the the two Undines. What was going to happen to her now? Who were these people?

---

The Vodrani woman would wake up in a cold sterile chamber. The floor was wet with salt water and a faint hiss could be heard as various valves released a fine mist of salty ocean water. Whoever captured her was at least aware that precautions were needed to ensure the woman did not die from being out of water too longer. Looking around revealed the chamber was an airlock in a ship. There was a one way window looking into the airlock. It seemed as if the airlock was being used to provide containment for the Vodrani.

As Myra stirred and got up, she would find herself still wearing whatever she came to the ship with but none of her other belongings were with her. "Finally awake..." a soft hissing voice sounds through the coms, "My apologies. My men were expecting only two thieves, not three. I was expecting thiss as well and makeshift... accommodations had to be made. A Vodrani working with the Undine, interessting. Sso were you the one who hired those thieves to ssteal from me?"

Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:51 am

Myra had not known that stun weapons were being used though all she could do was remain in her hiding place and hope for the best. Others had entered and she could hear movement along with items being discarded from draws as they were looking for something.

She lets out an 'Eep' as she hears one speak in a language she doesn't understand until her muscles twitch and spasms from the electrical shocks that trace through her.

Up until the shot comes she thinks this is it, then instead of burning pain that her mind envisions she feels those electrical discharges a little more keener than a human would have though there was only a mild difference to be more of a non issue.

She wakes seeing the salt water and smelling it is a bit of a relief. She's been captured though by who she cannot say for certain just someone with knowledge on her species. She's still dressed in her simple pink top and match bikini bottoms with a simple pink wrap about her waist and sandals though her harness is still on her it is devoid of the tool she had used to access the Vodran ship and the necklace she had been trying to still.

Her limbs a little tingly she realizes that she is being watched as she hears a voice over an intercom immediately looking to the camera searching for it and turning to it if she sees it otherwise she takes her best guess and looks that way.

“Three thieves,” she confirms, “though I was not stealing from you, just those filthy Undine.”
It's irritating to be associated with them though she's slow to anger she does frown a little with being associated with the two.

“I had a tool that allowed me to access the ship ...”
though as she thought about it the speaker may have figured she had the Undine do her work for her then attempt to steal the artifact rather than pay for it.

“Vespira, I presume? I am Princess Myra V'iel of the Vodran, Priestess and 1ooth in the line of succession to the crown.” She was sure that the Undine were interrogated though their hatred of the Vodran could go either way here, either they would be appalled to be associated with a Vodran or they would simply falsely accuse her so that she would suffer the same fate probably thinking that this was the end of the line and at least they could take out a Vodran in the process.

“I tracked the artifact to them though I had no idea that it had been in your possession otherwise I would have seen you first ...” she held out a hand as if waving away.

“Not to steal it, the Undine would leave me no choice in the matter and there were two options really. Steal it back or let them keep it.”
Would she be believed though? That was the thing here though it looked bad seeing that the people that could clear her probably wouldn't. It probably was easy enough to find out that she was an artifact hunter if Vespira had determined her species and knew that the Vodran and the Undine hated one another though she had little choice here but to wait for some sort of verdict.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:28 am

"One hundreth?" Vespira repeated, "I did not realize the royal family were made up of ssuch ssluts and whores." The Gorgonian said the insult casually. She had nothing to fear from a Vodrani trapped in her airlock. It would take very little effort to dispose of this priestess if necessary. "You need not concern yoursself of the Undine. They have nothing that interesst you. As for mysself, I can assure you that sstealing from me will lead you to a ssimilar fate. I alsso have no interesst in sselling that necklace. I have paid a great deal to make ssuch an item mine."

The Gorgonian loved rare objects, especially shiny jewelry. She was in fact wearing the Uhran's Bastille around her neck right now, keeping it close after her security team failing miserably in keeping this rare artifact safe. The walls hissed as another dose of fine ocean mist filled the air, soothing the Vodrani. It was not exactly taking a swim in the ocean but it would be enough to ensure her survival out here high above the waves.

After the mist faded, the door unsealed and opened. Thankfully, it opened into a corridor and not into the empty void of space. Two human servants stood waiting. Both were reasonably dressed in tight fitting attire in comparison to how most human slaves were treated out here. "If you are not a thief then, you are a guesst," Vespira said, "Let uss sspeak ssomeplace more, comfortable. My servantss will esscort you."

The two women waited for Myra to approach before turning around and leading her down the many corridors of the large space cruiser. One woman was in front while the other walked behind the Vodrani priestess. Despite them being human servants, it was difficult to shake of the feeling that Myra was still a prisoner on this ship.

Eventually, Myra arrived in a large room where Vespira enjoyed a life of luxury. There were numerous works of art throughout the room along with a large bed of pillows that the coiled serpent layed upon. Windows showed the stars light years away. The main thing of note were the two Undine trapped in their respective tanks. They floated in the water as their bodies twitched and trembled. They were nude and Myra could see their folds twitching as if they were being fucked right there in the water. But, they were alone in their tanks. Their glassy stares showed that no one was home inside those heads. There was no telling what Vespira had done to these two thieves.

"Princesss Myra, welcome," the Gorgonian hissed as she rose up and slithered towards the Vodrani woman, "Rather interessting that they even bothered with ssuch a title for you. One hundreth in line for the throne, you musst feel very inssignificant..." The Gorgonian was dressed in fine jewelry in the form of bracelets, rings, and necklaces with one of those necklaces being the artifact that Myra came for. Her breasts were exposed but showed no shame in it as the firm globes swayed along with those shapely hips. Light glimmered of her fine prismatic scales, giving the Gorgonian a very radiant aura about her that would flash soothing lights into the Vodrani's eyes. Then there were those eyes. Those eyes seemed to make all worries melt away the more a being looked into them. Vespira was certainly a very sensual and alluring creature.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:06 am

The Vodrani for the most part had been unusual in their sexuality. Most followed the flow of Spawning and those off planet not influence by it were often gregarious individuals and while often being associated as a slut was no big deal it was meant as a sign of disrespect further irritating the captive though she displayed little sign of it but what was there to do.

“The piece would probably fetch you more from the Vodrani. Only a few can tap into it other than the Vodrani any way.” She was considering her options her though her blue eyes did look around trying to recognize the features of this place. She had determined that she was in an airlock, probably of a ship.

“But trading for it is another matter as well. I am authorized to use whatever resources within reason to secure an artifact. There are other items that may be far more interesting,”
though whether or not she was interested had been another matter. She was stuck in a “cell” right now for all practical purposes.

The doors opened and she nodded. “Very well,” following the two servants and while it was clear that she was still a prisoner she was not confined to the cell. Noble prisoners tended to be treated better in most cultures and Vespira was probably entertaining thoughts of ransoming her back to the Vodran. The council would not be happy though last time it was a prisoner exchange when a declaration of war was made without her knowledge and she was held for a bit by the Nereids.

She looked around seeing the various pieces of artwork. This was a good sign, she liked art, there was an abundance of statues and sculptures though their were few paintings beneath the waves and these were prized treasures that only the nobility had.

She smile though as her eyes fix upon the tanks. She wasn't a sadist but the hatred between the two species had been enough to trigger a spike of pleasure within her though she had wondered what was in the tank. That was not just water …

Vespira looked magnificent though as she approached, her eyes skimming over the assortment of rare rings, bracelets and necklaces, blue eyes reflecting the colorful scales, her eyes sweeping over those large melons and their had been something in those eyes that told her that things would work out and just not to worry about them.

“It is a title I rarely use being so low in the birthing order. Usually though it is just Priestess, a prestigious title amongst my people that only the nobility may aspire too though I was hoping by dropping the official title of my station it would at least make you amicable to discussing matters further.

“Our birth order is different than most species, the youngest are destined to the clergy with the right of succession being in reverse order to give those, such as myself, with a low birthing order the hope to acquire a position of power seeing that the crown will forever elude us save for some catastrophic event.”

There was the King, Queen and a plethora of Princes and Princess but those were the only real noble titles the species possessed.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:54 am

"And yet, you used here desspite being of no value... I am not fond of being inssulted, girl," Vespira replied as she slithered closer and began to slowly circle the Vodrani. "I alsso do not like my tasste being judge by ssomeone as lowly as you. Insstead of inssulting me, perhapss you should tell me more about thiss lovely little necklace. You claim it can be tapped into. What did you mean by that, hm?"

As Vespira continued to circle around the alien woman, she reached out and ran her hand along Myra's exposed side. Her touch had a unique texture as there were fine scales covering just about every part of her humanoid form while more solid and rougher scales covered her snake half. Fingertips traced along that exposed flesh, letting Myra feel those tiny scales drag across her exposed form. It quickly became apparent that Vespira was exploring Myra more as an object than a living creature, something to possess rather than speak to as an equal.

"Mm..." Vespira waited for an answer as she continued to toy with this one. She knew the Vodrani wanted their artifact back. But, she was not aware that these items may actually have a use to them besides being old objects or fancy accessories. The Gorgonian did love finding out secrets and if it was something outsiders were not supposed to know all the better. One way or another, Vespira was going to learn everything there is to know about the Uhran's Bastille and the Vodrani people. With such exotic aquatic creatures, Vespira would love to have some in her own fish tanks throughout the galaxy.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 am

“It is a very prestigious title amongst the Vodrani, but your forgiveness I did not mean to pass judgment on your tastes. It is an exquisite piece after all and I can see some benefit in owning it for art's sake but the true value can only be unlocked by a few and those few probably have no need of it.

“The necklace comprises of sentient pieces, semi sentient actually. Their intelligence is on a different level and one versed in Psionic gifting can influence the mood of the necklace and get it to act. This is rather automatic with Vodrani. It recognizes us and extends its protection.

“Uhran Bastille is meant to protect the mind from outside influences of a mentally and even chemical nature. Mind control of any sort is thwarted as long as it is worn and a resistance to them is left with those that can make use of it for a time though the necklace has to be worn for a reasonable amount of time a day or so … well a day on Vodran so about two standard days.”

She was free with the information, the scales having a calming effect though the price of getting the artifact back had not been a huge concern so far as long as it could be done. “For most species though Uhran's artwork is no more than a fancy necklace comprising of strange coral.”

The touch was not unwanted though most would have probably been pissed at being deemed an object or plaything Myra was quite open to that touch as smooth scales trace against warm skin. She does not show any sign of pulling away though and allows her to touch to her heart's content. She had only been mildly annoyed with that but those scales had such a calming effect on her that she had let it go relatively easy in favor of that touch.

No one had know of what the Bastille did save for those that attuned themselves with it which had been no one thus far. She only knew this was possibly since other living crystal had been touched upon by outsiders though the coral seemed to come to life in the presence of the Vodrani. Really, only the clergy knew and so there were just a few amongst the Vodrani that knew more than what they had been taught in the myths. Uhran had crafted a magical necklace but no one paid the old fables too much attention other than the clergy.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:43 am

Vespira was not much for myths and legends. She had little care for magic as well though some could say her hypnotic gaze fell into that category. Of course, no one can prove such a thing as gazing into those eyes usually leaves the poor victim forgetting what they were studying in the first place.

"You ssay it is uselesss to me and yet you ssay it is uselesss to those who can use it," Vespira replied as she slithered infront of the woman, her fingers tracing along Myra's cheek, "Sso no one needs it including your people. I am fond of thiss necklace and now you have given me further reason to keep it. Perhapss I can find out its secretss after days of sstudy. Or maybe I will jusst wear it until I feel ssomething different. I usually do not wear the ssame thing over multiple days but for thiss, I will make an exception."

Hearing the possible effects of the necklace, the last place it would ever go now was around Myra's neck. It would be troublesome if this Vodrani had means of resisting her gaze. Not that it mattered much. The Princess was unarmed and alone in a cruiser filled with her guards and servants. But, it would far less fun if mystical artifacts got in her way.

"Sso far, you have yet to make an offer that is worthy of my time, Princesss," Vespira hissed softly, lifting the woman's chin with a finger, "You claim you can purchasse it from me but I doubt you have enough to pay for it. You may be ssome priestesss and lowly noble but that does not change the fact your people have been at war with the Undine. Thiss and other conflictss are draining your people of resourcess. Put ssimply, you do not have enough money to even phase me, little mermaid."

Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:23 am

“If it has not reacted to you then it cannot, not unless you unlock Psionic potential and Psionic creatures that could form such ties with it often have other mental defenses and cannot use it.

“True, a Vodrani could use it with benefit but it would not be a public piece stored away. It is treasured for the historical value of the piece and I believe that it is the creature itself rather than any unique qualities in the making of the necklace but I could be wrong as I have not studied it. Though if it is not like you to wear the same thing again and again I'm sure a series of other rare effects can offer you a degree of variety.

“In my hunt to uncover Vodrani artifacts I have found many unique pieces that are not Vodrani so there is no attachment in parting with those if I must.” She was straight forward, that gaze calming as much as that finger upon her cheek had been inflaming.

“Money … perhaps, perhaps not. What would you deem reasonable for it? An uncharted world to base operations out of? The location of a mine of rare gems? Even a servant with faultless tracking skills ...”
Myra thought, glancing towards the Undine in their tanks. Maybe …

“A means of tracking your possessions throughout a sector?”
If someone managed to get that far away with something then they deserved to have it. “Set your price and I shall see if it is within the Vodrani grasp to obtain.”

Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:43 pm

"All you offer I have already or ssomething better or are otherwise uselesss to me. You have yet to provide anything truly unique. It truly amuses me that you are even willing to throw one of your own before me jusst for a ssimple trinket. Is that what royalty does, throw away their sservants for their own gains?"

Vespira gazed deeper into Myra's eyes. The Vodrani had yet to put forth any resistance. She wanted to find out what made this one tick. "Or perhapss I should be blaming the priessthood insstead? Ssacrificing your own jusst to regain old relics you disscarded in the passt. Perhapss that is why you are out here insstead of your brothers and sissters. Were you sacrificed as well, thrown away, disscarded? Why are these artifacts sso important to you, hm? What are you trying to gain from your sselflesss sservice, little mermaid?"

The Gorgonian stood over Myra. Hands gently stroked up and down the Vodrani woman's sides. Could the Princess find something to entice the Gorgonian with or will she have to provide something that the Vodrani are not willing to pay?

Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:37 pm

“The servant wouldn't be a Vodrani but one more useful to you Top Siders and not so dependent on the water and one that would be trained from the ground up to provide you with one molded to your specifications and needs at the time but ...” hearing that she thinks over some of the possibilities that might interest here.

She pauses, the scales and gaze have her in a bit of a haze as they had from the start. Her mental resolve had not been designed to hold up against attacks to the mind save for on a very basic rudimentary level so she tucks her thoughts away as another question is asked.

“It is the duty of the clergy, an important one but the Vodrani, being xenophobic, do not like leaving the world and so the duty falls upon me to carry out though it is a duty that is prestigious in it's own right. A number of artifacts were stolen by one of the Priesthood long ago and most were trinkets that would mean nothing to anyone without the knowledge of history. Among the few relics that had been loaded up on the colony ship there were a few that did have exotic abilities ...”

After some thinking though she turns back to the initial issue at hand. “The Conch of the Vile One ...” It is clear that she struggled with that one for a bit, as if it were better sealed away where it was. “No, that is probably not going to be too much use to you … there is one that may be of some interest. The Star of Rebirth … it is a relic that was found a few centuries back when one of the prior Priests had been studying an ancient civilization …

“I'll spare you the unnecessary details,”
the clergy was the means for the Vodrani to learn of other worlds and cultures for they were the only ones breed to travel the stars. “But it is a ring with a rare jewel that is found on a few of the fringe planets and by itself is valued but has other properties as well that increase the values of the ring from a simple fashion accessory. It heals the wearer providing a slow regeneration, even restoring a lost limb over the course of a week or so. Healing from it isn't accelerated to the point where wounds instantly heal though and one can still be killed if suffering enough damage but it promotes natural healing by three times and any limb or organ damage if not fatal will be restored in about a week.”

The ring was a prized possession of course, usually worn by the King or Queen and something that could be used with greater frequency as the ring could be borrowed until a wound healed or regenerated for the time to attune to it was only half a Vodrani day or one day, the regeneration ceasing with the relic's removal but starting back up not needing to be returned to an individual after the initial time passed so they could benefit from it straight away if they even took it off for a few days, the device already storing the DNA patterns of the individual.

“After a day it is attuned to the wear but only has to attune itself to you once ...”

Last edited by Myra V'al on Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next