View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Gratitude (for Diva) 

Post Gratitude (for Diva)
It was an ambush! Her ship dropped out of hyperspace and she was faced with the large asteroid in her path. The gravity well of the obstacle pulled her out of hyperspace. It was an old pirate trick to get ships to fall out of hyperspace along well traveled routes though you were never sure what was going to be pulled out of it.

Inside information helped but often pirates just rolled the dice. If it wasn't a military vessel they were good and unless it was a warship they could deal with smaller craft due to their ambush.

This had been different. She had not been fired upon straight away. Two ships faced he. One was a luxury yacht in bad shape. It was powered down, shields offline. The other had been a rugged freighter that had been customized so much it was practically a fighter itself. It was powered up but docked with the other vessel. No one was in the cockpit it seemed. The ship was vulnerable while docked and there had been no response to her presence. Who ever set this ambush wasn't expecting her, nor was it set for her in the first place.

She could dock with either ship or sit tight and just wait for any sort of response and get them, whoever they were, to surrender. It would be easy enough to move her ship so that she couldn't be fired upon. Her guess was that the freighter had less then a dozen people though there had been no telling how many the yacht held. It was a larger ship designed for comfort rather than speed or combat. It could hold far more people but probably no more than two dozen people to keep things from feeling too cramped.

Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:35 pm

Post Re: Gratitude (for Diva)
The alarms blared as Diva had no clue what was happpening the momment she was jossled awake by sudden turbulance that plucked her ship out of light speed. Hisses of air and sound of screaming metal was all she heard as her hercock pit controlls ignited to life as the holo disply held up her H.U.D over the dome of her craft afther her seat rose her into a upright possion.

"Statis report... whats going on" Diva said commandingly as the ships internal pilot assist scanned the situation and explained the details of a gravity anomly and unknown vessels... pirates. Diva hasnt seen this tactic very often, most pirates avoided it in terms of being left to much to chance however the desprete still clung to cowardly choices as Diva quickly gathered her surroundings only to discover the situation was even strange.

Not to far from her drop from light speed did Diva discover two ships, both docked together as Diva caughtiously made her approch, hailing them all the while to better understand the situation.

[color=#FF00FF]" Hailing unknown crafts... Hailing unknown crafts...I am Knight Diva Krimry... please respond.

Diva Krimry The Holy Knight.

Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:38 am

If they were pirates they must have been short handed … one ship to busy fending off a threat with the other using too many people. At least that was what she could have worked out. After a long delay she got an answer.

The voice sounded masculine and computerized. Either a droid or someone attempting to scramble their voice. There had been no visual, only audio.

“Knight Diva Krimy this is Ai of the comet. While traveling along this space lane we discovered this ship in distress after a recent pirate attack. We are lending assistance to repair it enough to get it to the closest port and have already dispatched a sub space message to report what has transpired here.

“Do you have any technicians on board?”

Most commercial ships had inferior communications to military craft that often had real time communications that did not have such delays seeing that it was vital to communicate and delays of minutes or days were far too long in most cases when attempting to coordinate. Of course such real time communications had been vastly more expensive … such as something only the wealthiest of people would have, like the owner of a yacht, it was the sort of extravagance that a wealthy person would just have to have if only t show off. Granted incoming and out going communications only occurred when contacting someone that had the tech to do so themselves otherwise their message would get there straight away with a lag in the response as normal.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:53 am

Diva couldnt tell what was happening, it was hard to say if it was pirates, a raid, or simply a misunderstanding. Diva couldnt react effectivly without more details. However she didnt exactly like standing idly by sitting impatiently looking out the cockpit of her craft at te two vessels floating half hazardly about in the vast void of space.

Divas features lit up the momment she heard the comm light back up as she finilly got a reply. "Ai?... A.I?" Diva repeated to her self afther the robotic voice introduced its self befor giving the knight a rather vague story of the events here. " Greetings Ai... The ship in distress, is the crew safe? Is anyone injured?.... I'm sorry no, I'm the only person on board by vessel, however I can still lead you my aid, how can I help?" Diva replied over the comm as she controlled her ship to angle with one of the distressed ships docking tubes, however Diva couldnt shake the sense of a bad feeling.

Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:08 am

There was a brief delay, a few seconds but it was noticeable. “There has been some fatalities I'm afraid. But everything is more or less under control.” While weapons and shields remained offline the passive sensors on the vessel did scan her own as she moved.

“You can assist us. Any technical help may be useful but general labor to assist with moving some of the injured and dead. It may be easier to dock with the comet, our crew on the damaged vessel will not be alarmed by your sudden appearance and those here can direct you as they see fit as to what task that they need assistance with.”

The passive scan ceased, only keeping tabs on her trajectory it seemed. Still the vessel did not do anything further than that. The brief delay could have been the AI checking on that information, which wouldn't take long if it could link to another droid that had the required information so the delay wasn't so long if that was the case.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:38 pm

(I apologize, holidays had me busy.)

The delay was noticable however Diva was patient as she waited for Ai to reply to her message. If it was a A.I then looking up info may take it a brief momment, machines never were ones to explain their actions.

" Fatalites?" Diva repeated, alarmed to hear that word come through her coms as she instantly qued back with concern. "You had fatalies!?....I'm sorry to hear this.... Yes, I'll help in any way I can please stand by and tell your crew to be calm. I'm coming aboard. " With that Diva unqued her com and began the docking process with the comet.

Divas ship being a fighter and more compact didnt dock in the traditional means as it actually had to latch on with the comets air lock directly, sealing the underbelly of Divas lancer to align with the ships cock pit where Diva would beable to crawl out through there...

Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:15 am

AFFIRMITIVE. THERE HAVE BEEN SEVERAL CASUALITIES. There was a pause as it processed her words. WE HAVE NO CASUALTIES. THEY WERE ALL THE OTHER VESSEL'S. I WILL RELAY THAT INFORMATION TO THE CREW.

Docking procedures where routine despite the awkwardness of the matter. At one point she was contacted again by the AI that had failed to see the unusual methods of her docking. It didn't contact her until that it was apparent that she wasn't docking in the traditional sense. Her information confirmed the data she gave and it did not comment further.

It was a tight fit for the most part as she boarded but for whatever reason there had been no gravity on the Comet so her progress had been easier. She sort of floated along using the walls, door frames and metal bars set into the wall to pull herself along.

The Comet was the undamaged vessel so there shouldn't be any problems with the gravity. The lights were on and there was power to the ship. No damage here that she could see. It wasn't long before she heard the clanking of droids. Magnetic feet allowed them to perform on the ship without the need of gravity.

What she saw coming into the corridor to greet her had been half a dozen droids, they were military models. Each armed with a carbine energy rifle. Fortunately for her they had been cheap and as such more the sort to field infantries cheaper then organic troops. The magnetic feet had to be a modification and there was no way to tell if they had any other modifications.

What was immediately apparent was the fact that they were not happy to see her. Three dropped to a knee to fire while the other three stood behind them to shoot as well. It seemed that they had to hustle to get here, the change of her docking must have drawn them away from where they were waiting, assuming that they had been waiting to ambush her all along.

At least she saw them coming and had a chance to respond first. The carbines had but one setting and that was lethal. As military models they had no restriction against killing ...

Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:30 am

Diva commed back when ever the A.I did, awnsering questions about her unsual docking methods. Ospoden ships, fighters specificly had two exits, one was the dome hatch that covered the cock pit and the other was the underbelly of the ship that opened below the seat of Divas lancer allowing her to climb out into the ship she docked with, this lower air lock hatch was only used for docking with other ships as it allowed her access to the comet.

Diva easily climbed out of her lancer given the lack of gravity on board the empty vessel, floating out of the air lock that connected the two ships as Diva reached out for a hand rail to grip inorder to anchor her self for the momment to get her barings to the unstable feelings of zero gravity.

Diva ross thewrist of her free hand as a holo display blinked over her left armored gauntlet, a read out of her air supply, and suit integrity as Head to toe this ospoden knight wore her blacken chest plate armor over what apeared to be a form fitting black armored hexigonal mesh weave preasurized body suit, oviously suited for the enviormental dangers of the vacum of space, complete with a armored helm that covered her features. It looked to be fashioned from the same metal as the rest of her strangly heavy looking armor. Stranger still was the somewhat large round disk Diva soon reached off her back and carfully attached to her right gauntlet, revealing the medium sized shield she carried to any who may be watching.

Afther getting ready to move Diva carfully used her free left hand to pull and push her self along the ships walls as she made her way to the bridge or where ever it was the A.I asked her to meet, however not long befor Diva began her search of the vessel she was greeted by a sound that felt almost too familur.... the grinding servos of battle droids and the soft metalic tink of magnetic feet as Diva instantly rotated her self the direction of the sound and threw up her shield as her shield suddenly unfolded and opened into a much wider surface to hide behind just in time to block a barrage of blaster fire.

"WHY AM I NOT SUPRISED THIS WAS A TRAP!! Diva shouted to her self as she kicked of the wall to reach a near by hand rail the better anchor her stalwart defense from the blaster fire.

Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:40 am

The droids had been accurate and would have hit their mark had it not been for the timely intervention of that shield. But she realized that it could have been the fact that she had been a stationary target and with six firing at her at once there had been no real way that the majority would not miss and those that had were pretty close.

When she moved there was another issue at hand. She noted that the zero g assisted her. She did not move in the same manner as she would have while grounded and whatever they used to calculate her movements had miscalculated. Up was a viable direction and her speed varied more as she could increase it with the strength she used to pull against those bars.

Their shots went wide for the most part until she stopped where one clipped the edge of her shield. There was a brief delay in their firing, three were getting up from their kneeling position to rush at her blocking the shots from the other three that scattered to get a shot without hitting an ally. Their numbers worked against them in a way. It was a benefit in that more of them meant better opportunity to take advantage of her dropping her guard but at the same time they tried not to hit one another.

She could make a stand in the hall but that was with risk. She could try to “out run” the droids making it to a doorway or room to reduce the advantage of their numbers.

Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:49 pm

Diva had been in stickyier stuations then this, this was child play for a seasoned worrior such as her self. Moving pull her self along to those bars was simple enough given th lack of gravity and the fact sher quiet litterly carried a wall that delfected every blaster bolt that slamed into its face into a shower of sparks as energy bouced back at the attackers or into the walls or ceiling. Who ever established this ambush didnt count of the ospodens defense or the way she fought multiple enemys... and they just decided to line up.

Diva held her shield true and warded of the enemy fire. Peaking past the edge of her shield inthe momment to see one brave or stupid android make a rush at her in close quarters... big mistake in its fatal mis calculation as Diva did the unthinkable. Her strong grip on the bar, she strongly pulled her self forward with incredible strength, using that momment to kick of the floor and wall as she made a shielded rush at the attackers as sparks bounced off the edge of her sheild as it made contact with the walls of the hallway as she tore a path to the attackers.

"AUGHHHHHGGGHH!! Diva cried a violent battle cry as she rushed in like a out of control freight train as the first unlucky android wouldnt know what hit it as she used her powerful mommentum to slam into the machine. The androd meeting the dense face of her shield as there was only a loud !!DINK!! sound fallowed by the screeching of shreading servos and hiss of shattered electronics as the android was hit by the shield head on only to get ran over as the powerful knight kept coming, charging forward and through their lined up ranks turning this ambush into a fight in her favor afther they lined up like dominos or bowling pins.

Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:52 pm

She slammed into the first droid with enough force to tare through it given her strength and momentum. Sparks shot forth from it and chunks of droid parts floated along some being vaporized by the shots of others that came towards her getting in the way of their lethal shots.

Oddly the legs stayed in place, magnetically held in place. Not long after she hit about half the droids as they had been in the process of fanning out to get better shots. The three she collided with fell in an odd way two falling on their backside with their knees bent but feet flat against the ground. Not even she had been strong enough to dislodge them. One of the ones she hit took the brunt of her advance and was thus incapacitated. The other two were dispatched before they could get up. That left only two.

One froze, not having a clean shot at first while the other did fire but missed given her movements. She had the opening she needed to take care of the last two, at her position it would have been easy to use some of the droid wreckage as cover while she used her shield to dispatch one. The last would be simple after that.

The advantage of the lack of gravity actually made it easier for her to use her shield. Nothing would stop it once she set it on it's path until it struck something or she recalled it with her gauntlet. The six droids went down quick. If they had planned to ambush her from the start her unusual docking procedures threw them. There were other droids no doubt. For now though taking down these so quick gave her a moment to catch her breath and decide where to go from here.

She could go back to her ship but that turned matters into a space battle. The moment she broke away would have it factor down to who vaporized the other first and there was someone in the cockpit. She could go to engineering, disable the weapons first, go to the cockpit or attempt to take on the crew of the ship herself not knowing if the other models of droids would be this simple. Of course there was the other ship to consider and what was going on here. There had been a wide variety of options to choose from, she had a moment or two, other droids were still distant but approaching her position.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:54 pm

Diva tore through the line of androids like tissue paper, one afther another they fell and shattered under the weight of her mighty blows as she bull rushed through them leaving broken mangled pieces of battle androids in her wake befor she swiftly contorting her self mid charge and swong her shield to cleave one in two while at the same time shift her momentum in away that allowed her to destroy another that was helplessly trying to shoot through its pulverized ally. The knight made short work of her enemys and it seemed almost effortless with her strange manner of fighting with somthing considered to be a tool of defensive only, she turned it into a deadly weapon as she simply contined to float deeper into the ship moving as tho she was sure of her destination.

Those who sprang this trap if they were watching would notice how she moved forth, as if she was guided by a faith that simple told her continue as she proceeded. This clearly wasnt a typical A.D.D agent they were dealing with that was for sure... and the full suit of pressurized armor Diva wore over her curvy female body looked menacing as it concealed the features of her face under a blacken helm, the eye slits illuminated by a almost sinister red glow, like watching a black knight of the void.

Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:19 pm

Deciding to press on she came across a few more of the security models that had been coming her way. Dealing with them was easy. Then the lights went out as she proceeded onward. There was still power, as the doors were still sealed but the control panels near each still emitted light.

The soft glow of buttons had been all she had to go by which had not been much. Even if she had her own lighting her vision was impaired making the security models a little more challenging.

She didn't see them until they fired. Once they did she could react to their blasts in time. Once she made their position though it was short work. It was more annoying since she was acting last second now unless she heard any moving.

Then she heard something big moving. The floors and walls vibrated with each THUD. The war model droid was far above the specks of the security model. Equipped with enough rapid fire power where she could do little but defend it slowly advanced toward her.

Other droids were heard coming to the sounds of the blasts too. Either it was attempting to drive her into an area where others could join in or goading her into facing it to further tie her up and delay for others to get here or give someone more time to prepare were all possibilities with equal merit.

Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:50 am

Diva made short work of anything that was unlucky enough to stumble in her path as she carved her way to the ships bridge. Littering the halls with a sleet of destruction and mangled android parts floating weightlessly in the way as she expertly used her shield to deflect, and repel enemys, even as the lights went out she didnt slow down, it was safe to guess her helm also supported a nightvision or similure varient to it, knights were trained for this kind of combat and she was an elite...

Floating through the halls Diva didnt slow, her goal was already sighted as she kept moving, the worst thing she could do was stop now, if she did she knew the enemy would be on top of her, not that it was a problem giving her advantage in close quarters, however Diva did pause as she felt the heavy pounding of somthing large walking her way, even tho the gravity was null in corridor, luckly it was as Diva was able to raise her shield in time to block the rapid fire that erupted from its weapons as it rounded its cornor and sprang from its cover.

Sparks jumped of her shield as Diva ancored her self to the wall to stay were she was and not get pushed back by the incoming fire as the hulking machine pushed twords her, not letting up its fire as it slowly marched... Diva knew she didnt have time for this and that droid reinforcements were coming however she held firm with stalwart resolve and waited for it to draw closer. Diva knew a droid of its size wasnt going to be quick on its feet as she sought to draw it in closer befor doing the unthinkable. She swung her shield back, uncovering her self for a slit seciond as she turned in the air, using that momentum to hurl her shield down the corridor at the machine with a brutal throw aimed at its bulky mid section. This wasnt the only part of Divas reckless plan as she activated her magna glove and released her grip on the rail beside her as the shield instead pulled her to it instead of returning back, allowing Diva to close the gap quickly and land a devastating punch to the machines faceplate with a brutal combo.

Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:37 am

With infrared the droids were essentially invisible until they fired, where she could clearly see the heat source of their weapons. Often they got the first shot off but that did them little good as she had enough time to react.

When the larger one came announcing it's approach well before arriving she felt that it had the same magnetic system of the others but was far heavier, despite the gravity being off each step it made resounded through the ship.

It wasn't long before she could clearly see the heat source from it's arm, which ended in a repeating blaster. The steady stream of fire pinned her for the time being, whether it would have closed on it's own or simply waited for reinforcements was an unanswered question

In the moment she was vulnerable it clipped her hip, those blaster were definitely set to kill. The shield struck it though it sent a steady stream of fire against the object as if it calculated it incinerating it, perhaps it calculated a thrown grenade or it's program treated the shield in the same way. But given that the shield was made to endure blaster fire and the thing wasn't too evasive it was struck.

It was tough to say how effective the attack was, given that the thing did no budge do to it's magnetic hold on the floor. Shooting force with her gauntlet she closed that distance before it managed to target her again.

She found that it was durable as she cracked it in the face plate. It responded using the blaster arm as a makeshift club. Reunited with her shield she would be able to back the blow, the only problem being the lack of gravity, while it was anchored she was not. Fortunately the blow was downward forcing her more in the direction of the ground at it's feet rather then flinging her back with a vertical blow to the chest.

As hard as she struck it the droid had not seemed to be impaired. It was slower using that weapon as a club rather then shooting at her but if this persisted for any great length of time it would have back up. Still, it was slow this close in to it, strong but slow, at least at close quarters where it was unable to effectively use it's weapon.

Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 158 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next