View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Interplanetary Circus Acts (for Follower) 

Post Interplanetary Circus Acts (for Follower)
Lorielle has been wandering through the spaceport on this planet quietly. She knew this place was dangerous, especially for someone like her - a creature of legend whom many looked to with greed, envy or desire. Still, as always, she found the beings she encountered to be exceptionally fascinating. The stories they had.. the places they've been.. how they all move and work amongst each other. Sure there are fights, and struggles, and even prejudice - but over all, the begins all live in a balance and harmony that reminds her of the song of the solar winds.

She wraps her cloak tighter around herself, her wings folded in under the cloak - although there is still a bulge under the cloak from them - but she wouldn't be the only person carrying a pack or hiding something under their garment.

Still the time has come for the Faerie to move on. She has spent as long as she dare on this planet -- already her looks have garnered her attention, and rumors have started of a winged female being seen high in the sky. She had tried to remain hidden, but she needed to feed on the solar energy- so she had taken to early morning flights away from the city. Apparently though incoming vessels or lone scrap hunters had caught glimpses of her. It was no longer safe for her to remain - as soon the rumors would spread, and those who hunt her kind for their powers would come seeking her.

So now she wanders the port looking for a vessel that can transport her off world. She could use her own gate - but that would weaken her considerably. It would be safer to find transport if possible.

That's when she sees the sign for the Circus vessel. A circus! That would be perfect. Outcasts and strangers.. beings of all different planets working together. She would just be another stranger amongst a vessel of strangers. Where is the best place to hide a brilliant gemstone? Amongst a pile of other glistening stones - both real and fake.

She approaches the man, whom she assumes owns or runs the circus vessel. "Are you hiring? I am seeking passage, and am willing to work if you have a position available."

Lorielle pulls back her hood to reveal the flowing garnet colored hair glistening with weaves of gold and jewels, while letting the cloak fall open for his view. She carefully keeps the cloak close to hide her wings, but lets him gaze at her curves under the cloak. Her shapely body is revealed, covered only by the small gold bikini she wears. Dangling from her navel is a rich starstone piercing. Based just on the jewels she is wearing, Lorielle could probably afford to buy the ship, let alone purchase passage on such a vessel.

SFA: Lorielle, Star Faerie Princess

Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:48 pm

Post Re: Interplanetary Circus Acts (for Follower)
"Come on, come on! Step lively! Move those boxes into the port hold!" The portly man she approaches is bellowing orders as the ship packs up. He's wearing a bright, striped coat and tall hat, appropriate for a ringleader, but he's all business as he directs the dock hands and work crews loading the ship. His expression turns to surprise, however, as he turns at Lorielle's voice. His mustache twitches slightly as he peers at her hooded face.

"Come to join the rabble, have you? Well, tell me, what can you d-" He's cut off as she reveals herself, her luscious hair, her glittering eyes, her curvy form barely protected by her outfit. He sees her jewels glinting in the sunlight, but it seems his eyes are more drawn to her other "treasures".

"Why, my lovely dear, I have just the thing for you!" he says, suddenly all smiles and courtesies. "Come aboard, come aboard!" He places an arm around her shoulder and warmly walks her up the gangplank. "Shir-Si, take this lovely young lady to my cabin, please," he calls to a passing woman, human-like except for her black, insectoid eyes to match her translucent wings. "I'll be along shortly to discuss your new position." Shir-Si bows slightly, and then motions towards Lorielle to follow her.

Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:11 pm

Lorielle shifts a bit uncomfortably at the ringleader's gaze.. but she knows how other races appreciate the form of a Faerie's body - and is not adverse to taking advantage of that. Still she pulls away slightly when he tries to put an arm around her shoulder -- afraid to let him discover her wings, and therefore discover who she truly is.

She knows she won't be able to hide it forever, but she has seen plenty of fake 'Star Faeries' in advertisements and posters before - that she is sure that the Circus can pass her off as such when the time comes, even though she will have to let the ringleader know the truth.

Lorielle nods to the ringleader. "Thank you." she says, her voice ringing like bells - soft and sensual. Lorielle follows the insectoid eyed woman onto the vessel. While she has not encountered her species before, she is not the strangest being that Lorielle has encountered in her travels. "Greetings Shir-Si." she half-sings. "My name is Lorielle.. what kind of performance do you do?" she asks innocently.

Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:36 pm

There is a slight buzz in the young woman's voice as she speaks. "I am Master Racio's assistant, and a nurse for the carnival. If our performers get sick, or injured on stage, I help to take care of them. Of course, it does not happen often," she assures Lorielle quickly.

"You are very beautiful," she continues bluntly. "What brings you to our caravan? I do not know of many women like yourself who would willingly seek to join a circus." She casts another gaze over Lorielle, her eyes lingering on her back, where her wings remain hidden behind her cloak.

Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:51 pm

Lorielle nods at Shir-Si's answer, smiling openly when the nurse says injuries don't happen often. "I understand.. performing has its risks I'm sure. Accidents do happen. I'm not overly concerned, I'm much tougher than I look." she replies.

When the woman compliments her beauty and asks why she's there, Lorielle blushes. "Thank you.. and I suppose you would say curiosity. I enjoy meeting new beings and species.. learning about all the different cultures, and how you all work together."

Even though she is enjoying the other woman's company, she is not yet ready to reveal her nature - Master Racio needs to be the first to know - so she keeps her cloak tight around her back.

Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:32 pm

Shir-Si nods at her answer. "Well, I'm... sure you'll learn much here. This way, this is the Master's cabin," she says as they turn to stand before one of the ship's doors. She pulls a card from behind the sash on her waist, and taps it against the glowing panel on the wall. The door slides open with a quiet whir.

"Please wait here. Once we are underway, Master Racio will be here to speak with you." Shir-Si nods gently, and walks away as soon as the door slides closed behind Lorielle.

The room is well furnished, betraying Racio as a man of vibrant - and expensive - tastes. A wooden desk stands on the far wall near a large window, ornately crafted and well polished. Though the window os equipped with standard blast shields, the circus master has also installed a pair of lush purple curtains. Chests and shelves line the room, full of books, papers, models, and assorted treasures. Exquisite paintings hang on the walls, including a portrait of himself, looking stately with his ship floating behind him.

The room is quiet for a time. Being a spaceship, the hull is well insulated from the hustle and bustle outside, even as the ship's cargo is being loaded. She can hear footsteps passing by the door, but no one disturbs her. Gradually, however, she begins to sense a strange presence, as if something... disharmonious is in the room with her. As if it's watching her.

Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:46 pm

Lorielle smiles back at the woman. "Thank you, Shir-Si." she tells the other woman.

Left alone - she begins to look around the room. At first she only looks at the features and knick knacks and furnishings. But as time passes, and her curiosity grows, she starts to pick up various books and models, examining them before putting them back carefully.

She starts to wonder about the time, but figures there is plenty to do for a vessel such as this.. and there was time before they were to leave anyway. So she figures she'll just have to wait. But then she senses something.. something disturbing.

She immediately forms her tesser-cache and pulls out her gold filligree dart throwers, and slips them onto her wrists before dismissing the portal. Right now, she is not prepared to be unarmed.

Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:16 am

There's plenty to see in the room, but not necessarily anything to find. The assorted knick-knacks and bobbles appear to originate from dozens of different worlds across the galaxy. Clearly, Racio is well-traveled. A number of chests and desk drawers are well-locked, and unable to be opened.

As Lorielle goes for her dark throwers, the strange feeling almost seems to intensify. If she was caught in something's gaze before, it's staring at her now. But there doesn't seem to be anything in the room. No amount of searching the shadows reveals anything. But the feeling is undeniable. Slowly, there seems to come a voice, barely a whisper, coming from no where. "What. Can. You. Do?" It says, although it speaks more in meaning than in words.

Suddenly, the floor rumbles, and the world outside starts to tilt. The ship's artificial gravity kicks in as the ship pulls away from the dock. In moments, the buildings of the city fall away, and the clouds woosh by as the ship makes for orbit.

Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:32 am

Lorielle turns and shifts around nervously in the room, trying to seek the sound of the voice.

"Who are you? WHERE are you?" she asks in a confrontational tone. She is concerned, even nervous - but not intimidated at all.

Then all of a sudden the floor shifts under her as the ship starts to take off. Lorielle squeaks and loses her balance, taking several steps and eventually needing to reach out to grasp the desk to catch her balance.

The unexpected movement though causes her cloak to bunch up and twist behind her.. and her wings become exposed, unfurling to help her capture her balance.

Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:30 am

The "voice" doesn't answer her demands as the ship flew through the atmosphere. But the presence lingers around her, as if it's staring into her. As the sky begins to fade from blue to black, however, the presence diminishes, fading from the room. It's practically gone by the time footsteps grow loud outside the door. Then, the door slides open, and Racio steps in with a wide smile, Shir-Si following behind.

"Terribly sorry to keep you waiting, my dear." He crosses the room, bouncing merrily as he goes to stand by his desk. "Now then, you want to join the circus, do you?"

Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:28 am

Lorielle is still on edge. With her wings exposed her senses are increased but that still doesn't seem to help her identify who or what is watching her.

She is still twisting around, with one of her dart throwers raised, when Racio and Shir-Si walk into the room.

"What is going on here?!" she demands, her nerves causing her to fall in to her Princess role amongst her people.

Only after a second, does she realize that she is standing there with her wings revealed, the delicate beautiful organs quivering slightly in the way that only something that was a true living part of her could do. Well she intended to let Racio know the truth - although perhaps not like this.

She attempts to draw back to her more quiet personna as she lowers her weapon. "Sorry.. I'm just.. on edge. And not exactly.. no. I want to travel.. to see places and cultures. The circus just seems like a means to accomplish that." she tells him openly.

Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:58 pm

Racio seems taken aback as Lorielle wheels on him. Shir-Si gasps and flinches behind him, but the portly man only takes up a defensive stance. This hairs and even his very skin seem to bristle as he stares down the deadly darts, and his eyes flash dangerously. All the tension within him disappears in an instant, however, as she lowers her weapon.

"Splendid!" he declares, as if nothing had happened. He crosses to his desk, Shir-Si following behind him while keeping a wary eye on Lorielle. "Well, you'll certainly see many places and people with us. Probably get to know a few of them, too. I can help you out there, if you're willing to work. I'd ask what you can do that would bring value to my show, but you and I both know, a lot of folks would pay good money just for the chance to see a live Star Faerie, eh?" He winks at her as he tugs at his lapels. "Can you dance? Sing? I hear Faeries are supposed to be wonderful dancers."

Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:30 am

Lorielle relaxes when Racio seems excited about her joining them, and tells her that she will certainly get to encounter many beings and cultures.
She shifts a bit uncomfortably and blushes though when he talks about people paying money to see a real Star Faerie.

"Well.. um.. while I didn't think it appropriate.. to hide my nature from you.. but I DID hope.. we could present myself differently to the audience? Maybe just as if it was part of a costume?" she mentions with a blush.

"And I am not much of a singer.." she admits, which seems odd given the bell like melody of her voice. "But yes, I am a capable dancer and aerialist. I am also very flexible."

Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:02 pm

Racio chuckles. "My dear, a good show never points out its own strings. The fact that you are a real Faerie is all but irrelevant. True Faeries are so rare, the audience will want to believe you're a fake, and we will want to convince them that you're real, regardless of what the truth may be. Let me worry about who thinks you're real and who doesn't. All you have to worry about is your act."

He spins around, smiling widely. "Ah yes, and what an act it will be. I can see it now. You'll do a captivating dance for the people. I can already hear the cheers. You'll be the star of the ring. My dear, this will be a wonderful partnership." He turns to smile warmly at her, holding out his hand. "However, we do have strict policies in our little family. As long as you're aboard this ship, I will have to ask you to turn over that weapon of yours."

Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:41 pm

Lorielle nods at Racio's explanation of the illusion of theater and the audience's belief. "It's just that .. well there are those who HUNT my kind. I would not want to bring danger to your group because of what I am." she tells him.

She isn't quite as convinced as him that she'll be a 'star', but she figures she will at least earn her passage. When he asks for her dart throwers though, she instinctively puts her hands over the filligree bracers. "My.. weapons? But..." she hesitates. As she explained, there are those who hunt her kind.. what if they were to come after her here... what if Racio were ONE of them. To be unarmed... is to invite disaster.

Now she still has her starblade dagger in her tesser-cache, as well as a few other disguised knives and weapons in her jewels - but nothing as powerful or as dangerous as her dart throwers. Still - she hesitates to remove them and hand them over.

Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 223 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next